• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jedi Council

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
leaning towards -1 for alien vision right now.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
okay yeah, definitely -1 for alien vision.

EDIT:: is it possible to petition to have someone removed from the proving grounds?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
woah sup with alien vision

sure he was a bit...broad...and occasionally irrelevant, but this whole page is just hate on him

lemme see if i have to add to the minus votes

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'm fine with broad ridiculously vague and occasionally irrelevant, but he must think this is the User Blogs or something. Being pretentious, and calling everyone an ignorant a-hole is just too much. "This is my opinion and you have yours" is not debating.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
That discussion with AV is the only time I ever recall feeling pure rage while debating someone. It was like trying to have an argument with a brick wall.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
lol i posted in that thread an eon ago

im almost tempted to say he's trolling, but after all that follow-up im not so sure anymore

pretty awful read, im actually inclined to comment

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
pretty sure he's not trolling. apparently he's well known in the user blogs for being a complete *******.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Still -1 on AV, obviously. And, honestly, I can't see him improving. This is just kind of... how he thinks. He doesn't take to criticism, which is what debaters that had to improve like Dragoon Fighter and Nic had to do. AV won't change his ways.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
pretty sure he's not trolling. apparently he's well known in the user blogs for being a complete *******.
User blogs?

His threads in CM are even worse

But yeah, If I haven't already, -1 AV

Didn't somebody try to get emanual removed from the pg back when he was still there?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Alright, Alien Vision should be out.

A review of all of his PG posts showed that he's up to the same old **** and not going to improve.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
okay yeah, definitely -1 for alien vision.

EDIT:: is it possible to petition to have someone removed from the proving grounds?
Absolutely.

If he continues to be disruptive then so be it. I hate to do it to anyone, but some folks just aren't interested in debate, and are just looking for more topics to post in.

and lol@ all the -'s ... unless he does a complete 180 there's no way he'll get in here. I'll not vote yet. Obviously he's not ready, I think it's too early to tell if he'll ever improve.

EDIT: NVM he's already removed, lol.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Awkward...

FWIW, I'm following his every movement in the User Blogs, because I have no life and my Foxtel is still down. If he shows signs of improvement and starts to respond well to criticism I'll let you know, I think banning someone from posting in the PG is really severe - albeit justified in this case.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
AV was just a disruption in the PGs, which we absolutely can't tolerate because it makes it next to impossible to evaluate other potential debaters who might actually be good when every thread he posts in dries up into Alien Vision vs The World. Which is funny because the many Dre. vs The World debates have actually helped to look at some newcomers :awesome:

What's Macman's count at? He doesn't post often, but he's good, and he's not in it for the e-Swag. He'll post infrequently if he gets into the Hall, but he'll always do so, and he's well above the threshold otherwise. +1 if I haven't but I think I have

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
That post was certainly exemplary but I'd like to see much more of him before I pull a decision out.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I'm with ciaza, I am going to wait to see more.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Balllllllllllllssssssss he doesn't have a join request.

Why does this always happen to me every time, always, forever

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
+4 and 2 on the fence. No outright objections. = he's in.

and now he's got a join request...

so... yah.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
How do people feel about Terywj?

I've seen about 5-10 posts from him and I felt they were all very insubstantial, kind of haphazardly slapped together off the top of his head. I don't feel like I've seen examples of critical thinking or analysis or argument. Am I missing some shining moments, or is this pretty much his PGs stay in a nutshell?

Waiting on his Center Stage debate to see more.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Yeah haven't seen much, withholding judgment until after Center Stage. It'd be silly to judge him now right before it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well I'm just wondering what the average Tery post is like and if I'm missing out on anything good or if I've generally got 'im as things stand right now.

Not really askin' for +/-'s or anything.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Perhaps it's early, but +1 for Overswarm, his posts have been solid from what I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom