• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Japanese are smart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
I just finished watching a match of a (Japanese) Lucario Vs. Diddy Kong, and the way they "tried" making it balanced really caught my attention.

Lucario was given 7 stocks while Diddy Kong was given 12. Now, the first person to lose 3 stocks lost the match just like any other normal match. I think Lucario was given lower stocks because of his power system.

Now, could we possibly use something like this?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think you were watching a casual match of some sort.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
He's saying that they gave Lucario less stock because that way he is technically "losing" and his aura power kicks in, but they dont wait for stocks to run out for the game to end, they just end it once one person loses 3 of their stocks.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
I'd really like to see a pro Lucario vs. a pro MK using this system now. lol

/is this a double post? sorreh

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Im pretty sure the power level for [x] number of stocks behind caps just like the percentage caps.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This is also a really dumb idea. I wouldn't even expect Japan to do something like this unless they were just messing around.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Its not a bad idea if they want to give lucario an advantage. What's dumb is that they would give lucario, a decent character. an advantage, but no one else.

DoonKoon

Smash Journeyman
I think they only do it for Lucario's disadvantage match-ups. This actually balances the game out for Lucario more, so it doesn't give him the advantage.

the videos are on youtube somewhere

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
That's no different than setting a damage handicap to try to make up for a disadvantaged matchup. Which is an awful idea for so many reasons that I hope I don't have to explain.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Even with those stock differences, Lucario is still a little weaker than normal.

Padô

Smash Lord
I heard those players were playing many matches with Pokeballs on SUPERHIGH but unfortunately on this one they set accidently shut all the items OFF.

I know a good buff for Wario... Put 30 minutes on each match and I promisse I will fart 15 times in a match.

Ok, now honestly, what an bull**** idea won't change anything.

T-block

B2B TST
Lucario has 7 stocks up on the observer, and is 5 behind his opponent.

8 / ((-5*-5+11*7)/(5+7)) = 8/(17/2) = 16/17

So he's slightly nerfed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom