• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The how to handle stupid moves thread! (REVIVAL! snake ftilt.)!)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lasers...you can crawl under them if they aren't grounded. You can slowly walk and shield/powershield/spotdoge them. You can airdodge them. Lucario doesn't have any move that can stop it other than attacking Falco. Be careful about silent lasers, because if you get hit with one, expect a usmash/grab/some other followup. If the Falco is mindlessly shooting lasers, you can usually throw an AS and hit them before they can react.

Oh, and don't DT them. The Falco will just run/Phantasm away and shoot some more. You accomplish basically nothing.

Mewter

Smash Master
^What exactly do you mean by "DT"ing them? o.O
I think he means double team. :ohwell:

Have you ever played GunMaster Lombardi? He really is the gun master.:laugh:
Anyways, the lasers make it really hard to attack Falco. Go by land and not air (since grounded blasts are slower), unless you feel like airdodging a heck of a lot and getting slowed down a ton.
When you can, (safely) charge an aura a full sphere and shoot one at him to stun him and stop his lasers for a bit, which disrupts his rhythm, but don't make it predictable, or you'll eat your own attack. Also, try to trick him into using his shine a bit more, so that the approach will be a lot more simple. :)

If the Falco is really bad, though, then you can just airdodge your way over to him. No problems.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh, I know what he means by "DT", but in what application? I sometimes like to RDT them (not a lot, otherwise it gets predictable) to close space (but not necessarily approach), it will usually get me within SH distance of falco, which is a pretty good distance even if he phantasms. Regular DT though is awful, as is doing it too close to him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lasers...you can crawl under them if they aren't grounded. You can slowly walk and shield/powershield/spotdoge them. You can airdodge them. Lucario doesn't have any move that can stop it other than attacking Falco. Be careful about silent lasers, because if you get hit with one, expect a usmash/grab/some other followup. If the Falco is mindlessly shooting lasers, you can usually throw an AS and hit them before they can react.

Oh, and don't DT them. The Falco will just run/Phantasm away and shoot some more. You accomplish basically nothing.
Actually from what I understand, Silent Lasers will poke Lucario in the head so crawling isn't as effective.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm pretty sure that regular and silent both hit him. Lucario's crawl is meh.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Yes it is meh, but at the very least he can still move a little bit under those SHDLs..... *sigh* if only our crawl was lower than Pika's..... anyways the reason for approaching would be to catch Falco when he tries to escape with the phantasm.

Oh yes and i dont only mean approaching. i mean EVERYTHING about falco's laser. lasers for gimps, guardbreaks, etc. and we will discuss how to get around them.

iRJi

Smash Champion
>_>... Your kidding right? Perfect shield them... If he Phantasms though you Shoot an AS the opposite direction... For gimping, don't suck >_>

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Falco can shield the Aura Sphere after Phantasm. Gimping Falco...unless he doesn't know what to do, then yeah, it won't happen very often...

Mewter

Smash Master
Falco can shield the Aura Sphere after Phantasm. Gimping Falco...unless he doesn't know what to do, then yeah, it won't happen very often...
Just make him waste his double jump by shooting aura spheres at him. They're sure to annoy him and make him lose some height. Using his reflector probably won't help him much either, since he'll drop too far while it's out.
Don't bother, though, if you didn't knock him too far offstage.

If he's using lasers to gimp you, then you'll have to drop under them and ES to the ledge.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
You really have to read falco well to gimp, and I mean like know the player habits practically. It's not as easy as it used to be.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That's what I was implying. You can gimp Falco, but...it's really not easy.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
>_>... Your kidding right? Perfect shield them... If he Phantasms though you Shoot an AS the opposite direction... For gimping, don't suck >_>
umm... Its not as easy as it sounds... for me. I have to go straight to jab to kill the phantasm. oh and i meant if Your the one getting gimped.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
yes yes phil is right. we are getting off topic. ok so how do we handle getting lasered off stage? how do we handle retaliatory lasers when falco is offstage? lets discuss.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I usually just jump over the laser to get to him.

Mostly since Falco can't compete in the air against Lucario, except maybe Dair and Bair.

I need to fight better Falco's, that and improve my own Falco so I can speak from both sides of this.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I usually just jump over the laser to get to him.

Mostly since Falco can't compete in the air against Lucario, except maybe Dair and Bair.

I need to fight better Falco's, that and improve my own Falco so I can speak from both sides of this.
isnt that asking for a bair? usually i hate being forced to do a certain action in a match, especially since it gets waaay to predictable.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Well since i got berated a lot for putting in lasers T_T, im stopping it NOW. we can move on with voting. (ill will update the OP when I get rid of school work. )

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Okay so know the Lucario boards have cheerleaders? Also I have never played a Diddy so I have no experience with this move. :(

Whats next a Lucario band?

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Well we have a theme song and a dance, we might as well get a cheerleader. Go Lucario Go! oh and fine. we go with bananas. GO!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Bananas: z-catch/z-drop them, it's a bad idea to throw it back to the Diddy 95% of the time, throw them straight down for teh mindgames, powershielding them can trip you sometimes, you can glidetoss them into various moves, you can catch them with aerials, and if you can't think of anything useful to do with them, just throw them off the stage/far away.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Unless you know you are going to trip him up, dont throw them at him. As rockettrainer said throw them down or away from diddy, then it becomes a game of take the bananas back from Lucario's control and that is a game that Lucario can certainly play well as opposed to fighting a Diddy who has his bananas.

I would say you should never throw them off the stage though since that essentially just gives them back to Diddy, although a little bit more slowly than if you were to just throw them back at him. Keep them on the stage and away from Diddy, that is your best bet.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Sometimes you'll get lucky and dash attack will grab the bananas if they are thrown at you.

Its not something you should rely on though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can just jab to grab thrown bananas. But since Lucario has a slow jab, it's hard to time.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Just Remember, even though Lucario's Forward Glidetoss is nonexistent he still has a Jump Cancel Toss ;3

[speaking of item moves I suggest we do turnips after this <.<]

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Main thing is don't get frustrated (I do, that's why I know) SHFair is a good way to catch them. It has less lag than dash attack and gets you into the air. Once you grab them, throw them away from diddy or drop them on the end of the stage (straight up if you can keep track of them)

banana -> AS
banana -> F-smash
If you're willing to try. It's avoidable even if they get hit with the banana, but you might get it in once or twice O.o

There's some aerial ASC cancel tech that works with projectiles items. Don't remember where to find it though.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I wouldn't know to well because I prefer not to try to trifle with diddy's projectile, but it seems to me that AS could work well if the banana hit just at the right distance [not right in front of lucario, but close enough to tech chase with AS.]

And F-smash seems to never work, but that is a estimate.

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, did you guys know you can glidetoss in the air?

Catch bananas with an air dodge then use the c-stick to throw it again almost immediately. It's the fastest way to throw an item after catching it and thus is difficult to react to.

I use it all the time against Snake and Diddy. And I've seen ADHD do this as well.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Yay thread is active again ^_^. On the subject of updating the OP., I just havent found time to update the thread. If someone could help, that would be cool. if not, still ok. it just might take longer lol.

Top Bottom