• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
1 page to 100, not bad :)

So, yesterday I forgot to mention here that I found a bunch of girl erdrick art. I posted some in the general thread and not all the links worked but lots did, so I'll share the post here for people who want to see some ;)

The art post:
Here's the art:
enjoy :)

View attachment 224807

And there were more too, but i can't link it directly. Still quite a few worked at least :D

I'm going to wait for when I make the image gallery to upload all of them including the ones that didn't work. Which reminds me, NomadLuminary NomadLuminary if you've posted new art links (in your discord or wherever) feel free to share them (the ones after the ones you already posted). I will probably get to that next week or so.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As we get closer to E3, and to that June Shonen Jump article, I have no idea how you guys are enduring. The hostility over the possibility of Erdrick being in smash is getting more and more intense here. Like it's all just seething.

Still, if there was ever a series with as good a chance as getting a character in, it's Dragon Quest. I don't see Kingdom Hearts having its own officially registered holiday.

Also I got a free level 80 Corvus in Dragon Quest Monsters: Super Light for Dragon Quest day.
Not sure where you're hovering to where you're seeing this hostility, but I'd recommend not being a part of that group anymore. It's just not a good time dealing with people who actually hate a character, especially if their reasoning is that Erdrick wasn't asked for until after the leaks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Anlucia has my second favorite DQ title: Yuushahime - translates to Brave Princess? Heroic Princess? Dunno, but Yuushahime itself is such a cool title.

First is the Tomboy Tsarevna

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Anlucia has my second favorite DQ title: Yuushahime - translates to Brave Princess? Heroic Princess? Dunno, but Yuushahime itself is such a cool title.

First is the Tomboy Tsarevna
You have good tastes :)

(I wonder if i can use videl to substitute for animations for now ;p)

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Very unfortunate that, after the ehh "Characters you DON'T want in Smash" thread, there is now a thread dedicated almost solely to vent about the possibility of Erdrick.

On another topic, I supported Erdrick before the rumors happened (I'm on page 1), mostly as a "it might never happen, but hey, why not show support" sort of gesture. But for me, when the rumors started to circulate, I equate Erdrick supporters "suddenly" coming forward as similar to Cloud's unveiling for Smash 4 DLC: a character lots of people wanted but no one thought would ever be possible, so people had the inclination to keep it to themselves or to have given up a while ago, finally having a reason to come forward with their support. I'll admit that with Erdrick it's definitely less people than Cloud over here in the West, but people shouldn't underestimate the passion DQ fans have for the series regardless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Very unfortunate that, after the ehh "Characters you DON'T want in Smash" thread, there is now a thread dedicated almost solely to vent about the possibility of Erdrick.

On another topic, I supported Erdrick before the rumors happened (I'm on page 1), mostly as a "it might never happen, but hey, why not show support" sort of gesture. But for me, when the rumors started to circulate, I equate Erdrick supporters "suddenly" coming forward as similar to Cloud's unveiling for Smash 4 DLC: a character lots of people wanted but no one thought would ever be possible, so people had the inclination to keep it to themselves or to have given up a while ago, finally having a reason to come forward with their support. I'll admit that with Erdrick it's definitely less people than Cloud over here in the West, but people shouldn't underestimate the passion DQ fans have for the series regardless.
It's almost a little funny to me. I've been saying for a very long time after Cloud got in that the chance of a DQ character was quite high, and now that it's actually looking even more likely people are surprised. Insert shocked pikachu here
With her twintails yeah

It's all toriyama anyway XD
Now I want to see more DB x DQ artwork, lol

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Yeah, there's other series I like but wouldn't put as much time into it if I think there's little chance for smash. It's just another argument people use to try to belittle the character or the support because they feel it shouldn't be like that. It's sucky, but we're best to focus on what we like and they can pout or whatever. Hopefully they come around a bit sometime, or see how fun the character is, or something. :)

I'm much more thinking that Sakurai would do something very interesting for dragon quest. It's ok even if it's simpler, but I still think there's good chances he'll do something special if dq is in.

As the saying goes, you just gotta shake it off ;)

There's surprisingly not much of it around. :O

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
It's almost a little funny to me. I've been saying for a very long time after Cloud got in that the chance of a DQ character was quite high, and now that it's actually looking even more likely people are surprised. Insert shocked pikachu here

IMG_20190527_011852.jpg

I gotchu

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I haven't come across that many images of DQ heroes using magic, so i like that i found this one

:

hope to find more

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I I would imagine that after that thread, there would be a dozen other threads popping up to vent about other characters being in smash. Or mods at least stepping in.
But of course not.

Let’s just ignore them, it’s way more fun here anyway.

—-
Speaking of girl Erdrick art. I love whenever she´s included and poeple show their appreciation for her. But they usually skip on one of the girl MCs. And it´s usually female Celestian.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
—-
Speaking of girl Erdrick art. I love whenever she´s included and poeple show their appreciation for her. But they usually skip on one of the girl MCs. And it´s usually female Celestian.
Well since the celestians are avatar characters, they dont pop up as much. I did find some art where they showed her instead of the guy.
dq9 is one of my favorites but i'm not really bummed that there isn't more art of her.

D7qWVV0WkAAMGy1.jpg large.jpg

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
As we talked about before. The news show is happening tonight at 7:30 PM [MST]. We are gonna be talking about the Sonic movie delay, the new video game disorder by the WHO, and a Dragon Quest segment starring yours truly. We might also be talking about the new Pokemon game and Death Stranding although that's up in the air. Here is the link:

https://www.twitch.tv/day1update

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I found a great picture:

https://twitter.com/momotan998/status/833620363485384704

the quad squad that I'd looove to see in smash :)

As we talked about before. The news show is happening tonight at 7:30 PM [MST]. We are gonna be talking about the Sonic movie delay, the new video game disorder by the WHO, and a Dragon Quest segment starring yours truly. We might also be talking about the new Pokemon game and Death Stranding although that's up in the air. Here is the link:

https://www.twitch.tv/day1update
good luck have fun :) will try to tune in.

And about Anlucia, I think the art popping up is because of the rivals expansion that came out not long ago.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
In games like Fortune Street and Heroes I think it's because a big part of them is dialogue and character interactions, and as well with Heroes their protagonists already are just like the standard hero archetype in their gameplay.
But that aside I agree hard. The only spinoff I can think of that does include them is the Monster Battle Road games but I hope they can find a way to incorporate them into a new game at some point.

To be blunt, at this point I find it hard to give a ****. Some people have acted like entitled babies over this game since the beginning and it's not going to stop anytime soon. All we can do is just ignore it.
If someone doesnt want him for some reason or another then I can respect that, just as long as they're mature about it. Which much of this community absolutely isn't.
Honestly I think it be fun to just play them in general even if they don't talk it doesn't matter to me that much they would be totally fun to play in the DQ heros games who wouldn't want to do that personality be damned and also if erdrick gets in the haters are just gonna have to deal with it at this point as an isaac supporter I've dealt with disappointment already if he happens he happens but to be a big baby about your character not getting in please GO OUTSIDE

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I’m not that familiar with Fortune Street, but for those who are, do you remember if the Heroes (I think there was Madason and Rek in one of them) speak at all? Or did they keep them silent?

Slightly off topic, but I think I remember a creative way in which Super Paper Mario handled the silent protagonist trope.

Several times when a particular bad guy spoke to him, and Mario was about to reply, the villain just couldn’t keep quiet and cut Mario off immediately as he made the gesture to start speaking,

Would be fun if more games did this, to justify the silent protagonism, or make fun of it at least :p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I’m not that familiar with Fortune Street, but for those who are, do you remember if the Heroes (I think there was Madason and Rek in one of them) speak at all? Or did they keep them silent?

Slightly off topic, but I think I remember a creative way in which Super Paper Mario handled the silent protagonist trope.

Several times when a particular bad guy spoke to him, and Mario was about to reply, the villain just couldn’t keep quiet and cut Mario off immediately as he made the gesture to start speaking,

Would be fun if more games did this, to justify the silent protagonism, or make fun of it at least :p
Well i dont think they added any heroes in the version i watched. Anlucia was in it and she spoke, but yeah doesnt seem like there's any main hero:
https://www.behindthevoiceactors.co...gon-Quest-and-Final-Fantasy-30th-Anniversary/

Don't want to voice heroes? just dont put them in the game XD
Nah but i might check if there's any gameplay of older versions, but i dont know if they even had voice acting then.

edit: I checked the older games and there was no voice acting. Probably they talk in text dialogue cuz even slime did, but im not sure.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

is there really a thread for this....

D

Deleted member

Regarding the silly Erdrick vent/hate whatever thread don't mind it, the topic's creator normally does this kind of **** in the Social thread or in his profile regarding anime characters in general.

I sent the thread link to forum support already given that I feel this kind of thing is kinda annoying.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Regarding the silly Erdrick vent/hate whatever thread don't mind it, the topic's creator normally does this kind of **** in the Social thread or in his profile regarding anime characters in general.

I sent the thread link to forum support already given that I feel this kind of thing is kinda annoying.
so it is real i gotta check it out ANND it was just as meh as i'd thought it be

Last edited:

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
I think my Erdrick moveset is done. Despite playing 1 DQ game to completion and counting, writing this still kinda makes me feel like an outsider. In any case, I hope it accurately represents the character, apart from the two spells he inherits from party members, and that the moveset makes sense in the context of Smash.

Link to the Google Doc is here.

I meant to do it in time for DQ day, but whipping up the sketches took longer than I thought it would.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think my Erdrick moveset is done. Despite playing 1 DQ game to completion and counting, writing this still kinda makes me feel like an outsider. In any case, I hope it accurately represents the character, apart from the two spells he inherits from party members, and that the moveset makes sense in the context of Smash.

I meant to do it in time for DQ day, but whipping up the sketches took longer than I thought it would.
Holy ****!!! This is awesome!
Love the sketches to support the moves too!

Also really like those victory screens!

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Edit: Ok I'm done reading it. It's super duper good! I'm proud of it in a way. You're so talented and you used all the inspiration from here as well as your own ideas and innovations and it turned out great, you covered a lot of ground. :)

If there's one thing I'm surprised about not being there it's zap or kazap. I like that you put 3 spells to the magic menu, it really simplies and makes it accessible. If you ever wanted to add zap, one idea I had is to add maybe 2 spells on the sides of the menu, tho dunno how aesthetically that would look right, maybe there's another way to do it. Or another idea is to replace kabuff with zap, and make it the default spell. I would think it'd cost less mp in order to be used more often as a spell. And really having one buff and one debuff is pretty good too. What you think?

It's just an idea, but i'm curious. And also, what do you think about recovering mp in some ways? I think it would be fun to be able to cast more spells and erdrick really being a hybrid class, else it'd just be about timing 2 support spells in one stock. If you wanted to make it balanced the length of the buff/debuff could be any amount, and i think you put it at a high cost but that depends how long it lasts, and how much it boosts. I could see it being balanced even when recovering mp. It'd be great to be able to cast more often and feel like more can be done like also spam some smashes, which we'd need to do some anyway (as well as for fun for some). So I think it'd be very good.

I think that 'committing' in smash doesn't necessarily translate the same for the full fun of it, because in dragon quest you dont really risk missing an attack, it's more about which choices you make to handle things. In smash, missing and wasting mp isn't as fun of a trait, at least in my mind.
And for recovering mp there's tons of ideas, so we could even talk about that some if you'd enjoy that.

If there were to be 2 more slots for spells somehow, i think heal would be nice for the fifth. (and it could heal not that much, or appropriately, to make it balanced,.. should be useful)., that'd make a pretty diverse character ;p Anyway just another idea lol. I think 3 spells is good too.

Oh and one last thing. I don't think that there should be a lot of endlag on the character. Ultimate is a fast paced game and generally faster moves are better. Of course, using acceleratle would kind of make it be as good as some of the fastest characters, or something like that. But I do think it's good to make them fast enough by default. for it to be a decently paced character even without that. I just think your moveset is so good i can't help but put out some ideas about it when imagining even more fun with the character :)

And, the victory screens (well all your art) were great!

-

Heard NomadLuminary NomadLuminary on the show!
You really went hard for Dragon Quest! XD It was interesting and nice to hear from you. The others there were pretty good too, as hosts n all that.

Last edited:

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Edit: Ok I'm done reading it. It's super duper good! I'm proud of it in a way. You're so talented and you used all the inspiration from here as well as your own ideas and innovations and it turned out great, you covered a lot of ground. :)

If there's one thing I'm surprised about not being there it's zap or kazap. I like that you put 3 spells to the magic menu, it really simplies and makes it accessible. If you ever wanted to add zap, one idea I had is to add maybe 2 spells on the sides of the menu, tho dunno how aesthetically that would look right, maybe there's another way to do it. Or another idea is to replace kabuff with zap, and make it the default spell. I would think it'd cost less mp in order to be used more often as a spell. And really having one buff and one debuff is pretty good too. What you think?

It's just an idea, but i'm curious. And also, what do you think about recovering mp in some ways? I think it would be fun to be able to cast more spells and erdrick really being a hybrid class, else it'd just be about timing 2 support spells in one stock. If you wanted to make it balanced the length of the buff/debuff could be any amount, and i think you put it at a high cost but that depends how long it lasts, and how much it boosts. I could see it being balanced even when recovering mp. It'd be great to be able to cast more often and feel like more can be done like also spam some smashes, which we'd need to do some anyway (as well as for fun for some). So I think it'd be very good.

I think that 'committing' in smash doesn't necessarily translate the same for the full fun of it, because in dragon quest you dont really risk missing an attack, it's more about which choices you make to handle things. In smash, missing and wasting mp isn't as fun of a trait, at least in my mind.
And for recovering mp there's tons of ideas, so we could even talk about that some if you'd enjoy that.

If there were to be 2 more slots for spells somehow, i think heal would be nice for the fifth. (and it could heal not that much, or appropriately, to make it balanced,.. should be useful)., that'd make a pretty diverse character ;p Anyway just another idea lol. I think 3 spells is good too.

Oh and one last thing. I don't think that there should be a lot of endlag on the character. Ultimate is a fast paced game and generally faster moves are better. Of course, using acceleratle would kind of make it be as good as some of the fastest characters, or something like that. But I do think it's good to make them fast enough by default. for it to be a decently paced character even without that. I just think your moveset is so good i can't help but put out some ideas about it when imagining even more fun with the character :)

-

You really went hard for Dragon Quest! XD It was interesting and nice to hear from you. The others there were pretty good too, as hosts n all that.
Thanks for the feedback!

Side B was orignally gonna be Zap, actually. I switched it out for Sizz since I thought that type of attack fit how that spell functions better. Zap is a much stronger move that requires a good chunk of MP, and I wanted his side B to be a weak projectile.

I was briefly considering adding a second column to the Spells menu, but it wouldn't add any new spells. Instead, it would simply list the other spells he uses for his other special moves, essentially being another, less intuitive way to perform those moves. I thought it would be weird for him to have a Spells menu and Spells for his Specials at the same time, so it almost felt appropriate to throw them in there for the fun of it, having the traditional special move inputs act as a quick way to access them. I felt the MP system unified the whole thing well enough, though. I wanted all of his Neutral B spells to be buffs/debuffs to have it make sense thematically, so Heal spells were out of the question. Kabuff basically does the same thing.

In any case, you're totally right about MP regeneration. I totally forgot to mention that. It would slowly regenerate over time, and the rate would speed up depending on how much damage you dealt. I'll add them, as well as the amount of time each spell lasts, to the doc in a bit.

You're also right about it being kinda unfun if you whiffed a spell. I added the high MP cost to Acceleratle and Kabuff, since it's actually really easy to land those moves. Kasap would be difficult, though, so maybe it should be Sap and have a lower MP cost instead.

In regards to the end lag thing, I was envisioning that Erdrick would have frame data similar to a heavyweight, except he's not quite as strong as one. Acceleratle would speed him up without turning him into Arsene. I might reword that part about the endlag.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902

Really dig the moveset ideas and victory poses. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that making Erdrick’s facial expressions channel that old-school Toriyama goofiness is a cool idea. It just seems like something that Sakurai would do for Erdrick, considering that fact that he made expressive facial animations for characters like DK a priority.

That and I just want a game with a non-cell shaded 3D artstyle that does Toriyama's character design justice. The last thing I want Sakurai to do is to pull a Jump Force Goku on Erdrick.

Last edited:

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Really dig the moveset ideas and victory poses. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks that making Erdrick’s facial expressions channel that old-school Toriyama goofiness is a cool idea. It just seems like something that Sakurai would do for Erdrick, considering that fact that he made expressive facial animations for characters like DK a priority.

That and I just want a game with a non-cell shaded 3D artstyle that does Toriyama's character design justice. The last thing I want Sakurai to do is to pull a Jump Force Goku on Erdrick.
Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about how Smash represents Toriyama's art style. Smash generally does a good job of translating 2D art to 3D. Joker is the latest and greatest example of that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Thanks for the feedback!

Side B was orignally gonna be Zap, actually. I switched it out for Sizz since I thought that type of attack fit how that spell functions better. Zap is a much stronger move that requires a good chunk of MP, and I wanted his side B to be a weak projectile.

I was briefly considering adding a second column to the Spells menu, but it wouldn't add any new spells. Instead, it would simply list the other spells he uses for his other special moves, essentially being another, less intuitive way to perform those moves. I thought it would be weird for him to have a Spells menu and Spells for his Specials at the same time, so it almost felt appropriate to throw them in there for the fun of it, having the traditional special move inputs act as a quick way to access them. I felt the MP system unified the whole thing well enough, though. I wanted all of his Neutral B spells to be buffs/debuffs to have it make sense thematically, so Heal spells were out of the question. Kabuff basically does the same thing.

In any case, you're totally right about MP regeneration. I totally forgot to mention that. It would slowly regenerate over time, and the rate would speed up depending on how much damage you dealt. I'll add them, as well as the amount of time each spell lasts, to the doc in a bit.

You're also right about it being kinda unfun if you whiffed a spell. I added the high MP cost to Acceleratle and Kabuff, since it's actually really easy to land those moves. Kasap would be difficult, though, so maybe it should be Sap and have a lower MP cost instead.

In regards to the end lag thing, I was envisioning that Erdrick would have frame data similar to a heavyweight, except he's not quite as strong as one. Acceleratle would speed him up without turning him into Arsene. I might reword that part about the endlag.
Cool, I'm glad you thought to add mp recovery. I think your take is actually pretty good because auto-recovery can make more sense than only attacking. It wouldn't make it that people would 'have to' attack, but just incentive for it too.

I think that thematically your idea for skills in the menu does feel good, but considering how fast and easier it is to do smashes (especially now that a+b can do smashes) I think it would end up just being an aesthetic thing and not a lot of people would use it. Althoo it'd be interesting to have those there just to cover the rest of the menu for having 5 spells. Basically the 3 other spells (or smashes?) and maybe something else would be in the corners and kabuff or kasap could be on the left and heal (or something else) could be on the right, or vice versa. That would fix it aesthetically and we'd be able to have 5 spells to use :)
Even if you dont use the idea of 5 spells i might. ;p

As for adding zap, I think that a lot of people would say it's pretty iconic for erdrick and i feel it'd be a nice addition, but it's your moveset so you can do what you want of course.

I think that, personally, i wouldn't want the character to feel like a heavyweight. I think that be more the warrior. Erdrick in the game has decent speed compared to warriors and i think being decently fast would fit well as well as make for a more fun character. Especially if you make the speed buff that long (i saw you change a few things it was neat :p), maybe shouldn't be a huge boost anyway, though it'd still be fun to cast acceleratle, or accelerate, and feel fast :D
There could be a cool down on it like shulk too, in order to not be able to recast it 100% of the time.

I'm glad the movesets ideas have really been getting cool, and i feel like we're really talking about a diverse character now. I still think heal would be nice and feel like erdrick since the hero class is good for healing. It could be a bit, like wii fit trainer's down-b. Could have a cool down, tho i think if it costs mp then it doesn't need to be that bad.

Anyway, good job again, you brought out a lot of good stuff, and I like the topic too around these kinds of movesets :)

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

-

Thanks Teeb147 Teeb147 that's the first time I was ever on camera talking about stuff so I'm hoping it was entertaining Haha. If theres any feedback you like to give, feel free.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Thanks Teeb147 Teeb147 that's the first time I was ever on camera talking about stuff so I'm hoping it was entertaining Haha. If theres any feedback you like to give, feel free.
I think you did great ;p I wouldn't have been able to do it, but then again if i'd be back at college i could see that being something i might try. It's nice that it was a small time production (altho they were very good with the footage and stuff!) It's too bad they couldnt have you in the same shot as them, but it was cool.

You covered a lot of strong points in promoting dragon quest. You didn't mention erdrick but you talked about dq3, i think that was good actually.
I dont really have negative feedback other than that you went pretty hard on how big it is in japan ;p It's definitely big though, and there definitely happened some **** because of so many people wanting to buy the game, i saw footage of the lines and mass of people waiting in line, it was pretty crazy. Anyway, you were definitely on the money, and who doesn't like a little oomph to the message ;p
In any case you did good :) I'm curious about if the video goes up on youtube after.

Naoyatodo Naoyatodo I was thinking about it and I'll give another reason for why kabuff could be replaced with zap. Kaclang is already kind of a defense buff, and its good for defending and counter-attacking right? so that would cover that ground a bit. And i dont think it's worth 6 mp to do the same thing as shulk, who can do it for free (just with a bit of a cooldown).

I think kaclang could be really good, and it being better than kirby's rock could make sense with an mp cost. So, let me know if you think about it ;p
I also wonder if kasap could make it that people take more damage too a little, kinda like inkling's ink. I like the knockback idea though, and i think it'd be a fun debuff to cast :)

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

Incredible job!! I love the effort that you put into to this.
The sketches of Erdrick really shows character to him, which I always like to see.
Overall I just love everything about this doc and the references. :grin:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

This is awesome! I really like the illustrations, especially the 3rd victory screen. If you don't mind, I'd like to share the doc with some friends and on Twitter.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

God I'm so happy that you drew some of the sketches onto your word doc. It helps convey things a lot more smoothly. I really like the concept of the MP system. My only real complaints is the lack of Zap and how the moves had a lot of lag behind them. I think a good baseline for someone like Erdrick is BOTW Link. Also while I enjoy the kabuff and kasap concepts, I think it would be better if you kept Kasap and ditched the rest. Replacing it with omniheal and moving Sizz to the menu. I think that would make it more diverse. Overall it is a genuinely safe moveset and I'd be pretty happy with this.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
God I'm so happy that you drew some of the sketches onto your word doc. It helps convey things a lot more smoothly. I really like the concept of the MP system. My only real complaints is the lack of Zap and how the moves had a lot of lag behind them. I think a good baseline for someone like Erdrick is BOTW Link. Also while I enjoy the kabuff and kasap concepts, I think it would be better if you kept Kasap and ditched the rest. Replacing it with omniheal and moving Sizz to the menu. I think that would make it more diverse. Overall it is a genuinely safe moveset and I'd be pretty happy with this.
I'm glad someone on this thread finally did a moveset with just sword, too.
Although I'd still enjoy 1 or 2 moves being either another weapon or another fisticuff hit or skill. I still think f-tilt could be something interesting, including to make it different from other sword fighters. (maybe even up-tilt.)

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I'm glad someone on this thread finally did a moveset with just sword, too.
Although I'd still enjoy 1 or 2 moves being either another weapon or another fisticuff hit or skill. I still think f-tilt could be something interesting, including to make it different from other sword fighters. (maybe even up-tilt.)
I honestly just love how diverse everyones movesets are. Kind of brings in the whole "Erdrick is just a Robin clone" a bit of a rest. What do you guys think of Erdrick if he does get revealed. What would the reception be.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I honestly just love how diverse everyones movesets are. Kind of brings in the whole "Erdrick is just a Robin clone" a bit of a rest. What do you guys think of Erdrick if he does get revealed. What would the reception be.
Well that entirely depends on how sakurai and nintendo frames it doesn't it? (and their actual moveset)
We already know some people are gonna pout about it not being a western character, but given a little japanese love, it could be a really fun and special character, so my bet is that quite a few people will turn around on it at some point, but i dont really know ;p

I do really like the idea of them revealing 2 character at e3, that way one wouldn't draw all the attention, but either way i think it'll be fine XD

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Well that entirely depends on how sakurai and nintendo frames it doesn't it? (and their actual moveset)
We already know some people are gonna pout about it not being a western character, but given a little japanese love, it could be a really fun and special character, so my bet is that quite a few people will turn around on it at some point, but i dont really know ;p

I do really like the idea of them revealing 2 character at e3, that way one wouldn't draw all the attention, but either way i think it'll be fine XD
I'd hope so. Some are acting really ****** about his unveiling and how it's going to be a gigantic disappointment to most people in E3. It's legitimately getting on my nerves now Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom