• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'd hope so. Some are acting really ****** about his unveiling and how it's going to be a gigantic disappointment to most people in E3. It's legitimately getting on my nerves now Haha.
Ya I know it bothered me too. but we can't always let weird ways that people end up goin with get to us especially when there's good stuff (like erdrick).
But yeah i'm thinking it'll depend on things around the character. Let's see what nintendo has in store, whatever the case ;)

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Ya I know it bothered me too. but we can't always let weird ways that people end up goin with get to us especially when there's good stuff (like erdrick).
But yeah i'm thinking it'll depend on things around the character. Let's see what nintendo has in store, whatever the case ;)
Your positivity helped us reach 100 pages :)

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Incredible job!! I love the effort that you put into to this.
The sketches of Erdrick really shows character to him, which I always like to see.
Overall I just love everything about this doc and the references. :grin:
This is awesome! I really like the illustrations, especially the 3rd victory screen. If you don't mind, I'd like to share the doc with some friends and on Twitter.
Thank you! And go ahead!
God I'm so happy that you drew some of the sketches onto your word doc. It helps convey things a lot more smoothly. I really like the concept of the MP system. My only real complaints is the lack of Zap and how the moves had a lot of lag behind them. I think a good baseline for someone like Erdrick is BOTW Link. Also while I enjoy the kabuff and kasap concepts, I think it would be better if you kept Kasap and ditched the rest. Replacing it with omniheal and moving Sizz to the menu. I think that would make it more diverse. Overall it is a genuinely safe moveset and I'd be pretty happy with this.
I was considering only using Kasap for a bit, but I thought the other two spells had some merit. I wanted them to all be unified by some kind of stat changing mechanic, so I didn't want to include any offensive spells.
Using Heal instead of Kabuff is interesting, though. I worry if it's used multiple times, it can prolong a fight to an unhealthy degree. I feel like a healing special move has to have some kind of catch for it to be balanced.
Thanks for the comments!
Naoyatodo Naoyatodo I was thinking about it and I'll give another reason for why kabuff could be replaced with zap. Kaclang is already kind of a defense buff, and its good for defending and counter-attacking right? so that would cover that ground a bit. And i dont think it's worth 6 mp to do the same thing as shulk, who can do it for free (just with a bit of a cooldown).

I think kaclang could be really good, and it being better than kirby's rock could make sense with an mp cost. So, let me know if you think about it ;p
I also wonder if kasap could make it that people take more damage too a little, kinda like inkling's ink. I like the knockback idea though, and i think it'd be a fun debuff to cast :)
That's a good point. Kabuff and Kaclang are both defensive spells, so having both might seem redundant. I think it's worth keeping both, since they function pretty differently. Kabuff is used to increase Erdrick's weight to keep him alive longer in high percent situations. The comparison to Shulk's Shield is apt, but one advantage Kabuff has over that, in spite of the MP cost, is the lack of any drawback stats and that it's active longer.
Kaclang is more of an anti-zoning tool, forcing opponents to approach him to give Erdrick a bit of an advantage.

Kasap is similar to Ink, but I kinda wanted it to affect knockback specifically to differentiate the two. Ink is used to rack up damage to get the opponent to kill percent, while Kasap is used to actually land the kill.

Also, happy 100 pages! I think that's more than the Joker thread had before his reveal.

Last edited:

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Been hunting some old things I did on the internet, I am pretty sure I have something done with DQ from 2012, including Erdrick ... I think? I almost remember having done a little pixel Erdrick, but I was making so many characters at the time.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Thank you! And go ahead!

I was considering only using Kasap for a bit, but I thought the other two spells had some merit. I wanted them to all be unified by some kind of stat changing mechanic, so I didn't want to include any offensive spells.
Using Heal instead of Kabuff is interesting, though. I worry if it's used multiple times, it can prolong a fight to an unhealthy degree. I feel like a healing special move has to have some kind of catch for it to be balanced.
Thanks for the comments!

That's a good point. Kabuff and Kaclang are both defensive spells, so having both might seem redundant. I think it's worth keeping both, since they function pretty differently. Kabuff is used to increase Erdrick's weight to keep him alive longer in high percent situations. The comparison to Shulk's Shield is apt, but one advantage Kabuff has over that, in spite of the MP cost, is the lack of any drawback stats and that it's active longer.
Kaclang is more of an anti-zoning tool, forcing opponents to approach him to give Erdrick a bit of an advantage.

Kasap is similar to Ink, but I kinda wanted it to affect knockback specifically to differentiate the two. Ink is used to rack up damage to get the opponent to kill percent, while Kasap is used to actually land the kill.

Also, happy 100 pages! I think that's more than the Joker thread had before his reveal.
Ok, well since you're set on kabuff, which i think is fine, would you be willing to at least just make the mention of zap as an alternate idea?

I think heal could also work instead of kabuff since both would make erdrick's stock last longer. And balanced out it wouldnt have to be overly good. Anyway, it's ok not to have heal in there, it would just be interesting because no other character except wii fit have a heal. Ill think about it for if ever i do another moveset, but really after yours im not sure there's a need for me to make any other, maybe just an addendum or something. Cuz besides what i talked about i would only mention changing like 2 ground sword attacks to be something else and that's about it ;p

The hero class is not really a support class, so I just think having zap as an option would really shift everything into place. As a jack-of-all-trades you could say, having 2 support spells and 2 offensive spells would be perfect, lol. Because I actually really love the short menu with only 3 spells to choose from, it really makes it simple and would work. Seeing zap in there would feel more canon to erdrick since he can't use any of those spells in dq3 and i think neutral b, along with seeing a menu, would feel good to see it in there :)

Did you give a shout out to the erdrick thread in there (for inspiration or else)? If you do and add even just the mention of the zap idea, I would share the document with basically anyone, dq fan or not. It's probably one of the best character movesets ever XD

Last edited:

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Ok, well since you're set on kabuff, which i think is fine, would you be willing to at least just make the mention of zap as an alternate idea?

I think heal could also work instead of kabuff since both would make erdrick's stock last longer. And balanced out it wouldnt have to be overly good. Anyway, it's ok not to have heal in there, it would just be interesting because no other character except wii fit have a heal. Ill think about it for if ever i do another moveset, but really after yours im not sure there's a need for me to make any other, maybe just an addendum or something. Cuz besides what i talked about i would only mention changing like 2 ground sword attacks to be something else and that's about it ;p

The hero class is not really a support class, so I just think having zap as an option would really shift everything into place. As a jack-of-all-trades you could say, having 2 support spells and 2 offensive spells would be perfect, lol. Because I actually really love the short menu with only 3 spells to choose from, it really makes it simple and would work. Seeing zap in there would feel more canon to erdrick since he can't use any of those spells in dq3 and i think neutral b, along with seeing a menu, would feel good to see it in there :)

Did you give a shout out to the erdrick thread in there (for inspiration or else)? If you do and add even just the mention of the zap idea, I would share the document with basically anyone, dq fan or not. It's probably one of the best character movesets ever XD
I guess it would be silly to not include any of Erdrick's canonicall spells in the menu. Still, I'm not super comfortable with putting offensive spells there. Maybe it would make more sense if I implemented that second column with the other special moves' spells idea.

My main concern with using Heal instead of Kabuff is that it gives Erdrick a permanent advantage instead of a temporary one. Like, if he uses it multiple times in a match, he could heal like a maximum of 40%, regain MP, then heal another 40% to make up for the percent he gained that time. It could potentially make him last way too long on a single stock. If it was nerfed even a little from that point, it might not be worth using.

If Zap were to be implemented, I think it would work best as a side B. I really wanted a weak projectile instead, but if I were to add Zap, I think it would work something like this:

Erdrick extends his right arm forward and summons a stream of electricity that travels horizontally. The stream leads into a giant burst of electricity a good distance ahead of Erdrick. Opponents caught in the stream will be slowly carried alongside it, leading into the final hit.

I'm not sure if it's entirely fitting with the full Erdrick moveset, function-wise. I'll have to think it over some more.

Thanks for all the feedback, btw. That last comment means a lot.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I guess it would be silly to not include any of Erdrick's canonicall spells in the menu. Still, I'm not super comfortable with putting offensive spells there. Maybe it would make more sense if I implemented that second column with the other special moves' spells idea.

My main concern with using Heal instead of Kabuff is that it gives Erdrick a permanent advantage instead of a temporary one. Like, if he uses it multiple times in a match, he could heal like a maximum of 40%, regain MP, then heal another 40% to make up for the percent he gained that time. It could potentially make him last way too long on a single stock. If it was nerfed even a little from that point, it might not be worth using.

If Zap were to be implemented, I think it would work best as a side B. I really wanted a weak projectile instead, but if I were to add Zap, I think it would work something like this:

Erdrick extends his right arm forward and summons a stream of electricity that travels horizontally. The stream leads into a giant burst of electricity a good distance ahead of Erdrick. Opponents caught in the stream will be slowly carried alongside it, leading into the final hit.

I'm not sure if it's entirely fitting with the full Erdrick moveset, function-wise. I'll have to think it over some more.

Thanks for all the feedback, btw. That last comment means a lot.
Well, Heal could heal just like 14% to 18% (It wouldnt be a higher heal move), and since it uses mp and could have a cooldown, it doesn't have to be overly good.
You would just have to do it when you can, or decide to use your mp for other stuff. Not to mention have enough to recover off the ledge. I think it would make the whole character very interesting and more unique. I would definitely only put heal or kabuff tho, not both (if any). I also think having something different than 2 shulk-like spells would add to not make anyone feel like it does parallel with shulk (but with less).

I really like your idea for zap :) It could be that or the usual coming from the sky a distance away like in the games. Personally I'd make a hitbox of it going up too, just so it's unique in smash too.

I do hope you at least mention even just the idea of zap in the document for one of the spells (not having to detail it) and that's only because I love the entire thing so much I wouldn't mind sharing it a little ;p
And youre welcome (and thank you for making it) i dont mean it lightly when I think it's awesome. Once it's stable I'm going to add it to the moveset section and I'm probably going to comment about it too. :)

Last edited:

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I found something! Dating to August 2012. Its in a foreign language, don't mind it :p

The other forums I used all closed down by now, such a shame.

I used to take sprites from this MMO called Tibia and make comics with it, this one had some of my favorite games at the time, Harvest Moon, Dragon Quest, Atelier Iris, and Elder Scrolls.

Now to see if I can find the Erdrick I did at the time. It would be fun to shut up some of the haters who call us bandwagoners, but at the same time it isn't worth it to basically dox myself just for the sake of making some internet trolls lose an argument.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Well, Heal could heal just like 14% to 18% (It wouldnt be a higher heal move), and since it uses mp and could have a cooldown, it doesn't have to be overly good.
You would just have to do it when you can, or decide to use your mp for other stuff. Not to mention have enough to recover off the ledge. I think it would make the whole character very interesting and more unique. I would definitely only put heal or kabuff tho, not both (if any). I also think having something different than 2 shulk-like spells would add to not make anyone feel like it does parallel with shulk (but with less).

I really like your idea for zap :) It could be that or the usual coming from the sky a distance away like in the games. Personally I'd make a hitbox of it going up too, just so it's unique in smash too.

I do hope you at least mention even just the idea of zap in the document for one of the spells (not having to detail it) and that's only because I love the entire thing so much I wouldn't mind sharing it a little ;p
And youre welcome (and thank you for making it) i dont mean it lightly when I think it's awesome. Once it's stable I'm going to add it to the moveset section and I'm probably going to comment about it too. :)
Thanks. I'll add the thing about Zap shortly.
I found something! Dating to August 2012. Its in a foreign language, don't mind it :p

I used to take sprites from this MMO called Tibia and make comics with it, this one had some of my favorite games at the time, Harvest Moon, Dragon Quest, Atelier Iris, and Elder Scrolls.

Now to see if I can find the Erdrick I did at the time. It would be fun to shut up some of the haters who call us bandwagoners, but at the same time it isn't worth it to basically dox myself just for the sake of making some internet trolls lose an argument.
Hey, sprite comics! I read the crap out of those as a kid.

Bandwagoning as a concept always felt like a really dumb thing to complain about. Of course people talking about a character's unique attributes would get them intrested. Of course, I'm probably being defensive since I could be considered a bandwagoner.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Bandwagoning as a concept always felt like a really dumb thing to complain about. Of course people talking about a character's unique attributes would get them intrested. Of course, I'm probably being defensive since I could be considered a bandwagoner.
Great to hear :)
I'll read the whole thing over again tonight or whenever.

God I'm so happy that you drew some of the sketches onto your word doc. It helps convey things a lot more smoothly. I really like the concept of the MP system. My only real complaints is the lack of Zap and how the moves had a lot of lag behind them. I think a good baseline for someone like Erdrick is BOTW Link. Also while I enjoy the kabuff and kasap concepts, I think it would be better if you kept Kasap and ditched the rest. Replacing it with omniheal and moving Sizz to the menu. I think that would make it more diverse. Overall it is a genuinely safe moveset and I'd be pretty happy with this.
Just playing with other ideas for in general, I was thinking about it and I like your idea of omniheal, although I would make it just multi-heal, as a possible spell idea we could play with, imagine fighting in teams and being able to heal a few people with erdrick. It would kinda feel like an rpg party. Maybe the move could heal less if it's gets more than just erdrick. Not that I would expect sakurai to do something along those lines, but we never know.

That's really neat, I havent seen an older game like that customizable enough to make those.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

The overhead camera reminds me a lot of Ultima

Sometimes I wonder what's even wrong with that. More people are getting interested in a character. So what? Is it against the law not to rofl?

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I drew over, mixing bits of different sprites and so on.

That is exactly the root of the problem for them, people getting interested in a character they don't like.
There loss then rofl. Who the **** cares. I dont like slime but if you like it I'm not gonna say no rofl

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The overhead camera reminds me a lot of Ultima

Sometimes I wonder what's even wrong with that. More people are getting interested in a character. So what? Is it against the law not to rofl?
What I dont like about bandwaggoning is when people simply latch onto the same thing as someone else because they're following the vibe of how the others are, and aren't following their own heart when it comes to the series or whatever they're doing and talking about.
Nothing wrong with their own interest to talk being sparked by some popularity or antyhing tho.

I drew over, mixing bits of different sprites and so on.

That is exactly the root of the problem for them, people getting interested in a character they don't like.
Oh ok so it was really for making a story or comic. Well that's cool too, especially if you could reuse the same sprites as if it was the game.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
What I dont like about bandwaggoning is when people simply latch onto the same thing as someone else because they're following the vibe of how the others are, and aren't following their own heart when it comes to the series or whatever they're doing and talking about.
Nothing wrong with their own interest to talk being sparked by some popularity or antyhing tho.

Oh ok so it was really for making a story or comic. Well that's cool too, especially if you could reuse the same sprites as if it was the game.
Ok that makes more sense. But still if people stuck around for so long, it does show a sense of genuine interest.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
It had actually a fun progression to it, it start in 2004-5 with people making fake screenshots of the game saying they had rare items or discovered secrets, thus why they were called "fakes". But then people started to make jokes like finding Santa in the game or discovering something like pokemon and so on, then came the story comics, which started as longer jokes but slowly grew into these long comics that eventually had nothing to do with the game, like a WW2 comic or a naturo comic, for example.

Ok that makes more sense. But still if people stuck around for so long, it does show a sense of genuine interest.
Yeah, there are people who support Mach Rider to this day, even if they learned about the character from leaks it is clear they truly grew to like them.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well hive-minded people could stick around a long time too. But hey there's all kinds of people in the world, and so long as they dont let group-hate affect them then there's no problem. I just like harmony :)

It had actually a fun progression to it, it start in 2004-5 with people making fake screenshots of the game saying they had rare items or discovered secrets, thus why they were called "fakes". But then people started to make jokes like finding Santa in the game or discovering something like pokemon and so on, then came the story comics, which started as longer jokes but slowly grew into these long comics that eventually had nothing to do with the game, like a WW2 comic or a naturo comic, for example.

Yeah, there are people who support Mach Rider to this day, even if they learned about the character from leaks it is clear they truly grew to like them.
Ah k. interesting. Not that I'll look for it but what's the actual name of the game? I might've missed it.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Ah k. interesting. Not that I'll look for it but what's the actual name of the game? I might've missed it.
Its Tibia, but it was never popular in the US, just here in Brazil and in Poland/Germany, so the comics were never made in English.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Well hive-minded people could stick around a long time too. But hey there's all kinds of people in the world, and so long as they dont let group-hate affect them then there's no problem. I just like harmony :)

You're just trying to obtain Ultra Instinct rofl

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You're just trying to obtain Ultra Instinct rofl
Uh.. lol. I'm wondering what you mean but if I can take it super cereal, I'd say what I'm after is in between ultra-instinct and ultra-sagery. One is completely intuitive and in the moment, and the other takes time to think through things and make good decisions from lots of possible stuff... like going over info, i guess ;p

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Uh.. lol. I'm wondering what you mean but if I can take it super cereal, I'd say what I'm after is in between ultra-instinct and ultra-sagery. One is completely intuitive and in the moment, and the other takes time to think through things and make good decisions from lots of possible stuff... like going over info, i guess ;p
Super cereal. Dork :p

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I've got to say, with the increased fervor prior to E3 and the increasingly anti-Erdrick sentiments that seem to be floating around (Seriously, how do we have a thread devoted to not wanting Erdrick up right now...), I've actually come to consider Dragon Quest more of an underdog of the DLC speculation cycle. Which is super weird to say given how much Erdrick is expected by a ton of people around, but yeah... Maybe it's just frustration with parts of the community I visit, but I'm just tired of seeing Erdrick and Dragon Quest pretty consistently under fire from the specific set of fans who don't want it for relatively shallow reasons (another swordsman, Dragon Quest isn't as big in the West despite selling well over here, he isn't Banjo Kazooie or Geno or Sora or whomever people want).

I give you all props to sticking with your character through all of this. I can't imagine how it feels for you all who are far more invested in it and Erdrick than I am right now.

D

Deleted member

I've got to say, with the increased fervor prior to E3 and the increasingly anti-Erdrick sentiments that seem to be floating around (Seriously, how do we have a thread devoted to not wanting Erdrick up right now...), I've actually come to consider Dragon Quest more of an underdog of the DLC speculation cycle. Which is super weird to say given how much Erdrick is expected by a ton of people around, but yeah... Maybe it's just frustration with parts of the community I visit, but I'm just tired of seeing Erdrick and Dragon Quest pretty consistently under fire from the specific set of fans who don't want it for relatively shallow reasons (another swordsman, Dragon Quest isn't as big in the West despite selling well over here, he isn't Banjo Kazooie or Geno or Sora or whomever people want).

I give you all props to sticking with your character through all of this. I can't imagine how it feels for you all who are far more invested in it and Erdrick than I am right now.
It's pretty ridiculous that our attitude towards all of this is seen as exceptional and not standard, honestly. Like, it's a character in a video game...... lol.
Perhaps if our character wasn't looking as likely maybe things are different, but I know all of us here are mature enough to know that it's really not a big issue.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

It's pretty ridiculous that our attitude towards all of this is seen as exceptional and not standard, honestly. Like, it's a character in a video game...... lol.
Perhaps if our character wasn't looking as likely maybe things are different, but I know all of us here are mature enough to know that it's really not a big issue.
I think anyone of us get affected at least a little, and we all have some immaturity to deal with too, but yeah it's a bit ridiculous.
I do think it's a little easier on us than say geno fans because we actually feel like the chances are good. Most of the time if im debating with people it's more to get some sense in there. And most of those that treat erdrick as confirmed and arent nice to others, that ive seen, arent even dq fans... and then it affects us.

Thankfully i think we're fine. At least for me i dont explore other boards or discord enough to see it all the time. It shouldn't be too long now, and I want to enjoy the next two weeks so no way im wasting much energy on it :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think anyone of us get affected at least a little, and we all have some immaturity to deal with too, but yeah it's a bit ridiculous.
I do think it's a little easier on us than say geno fans because we actually feel like the chances are good. Most of the time if im debating with people it's more to get some sense in there. And most of those that treat erdrick as confirmed and arent nice to others, that ive seen, arent even dq fans... and then it affects us.

Thankfully i think we're fine. At least for me i dont explore other boards or discord enough to see it all the time. It shouldn't be too long now, and I want to enjoy the next two weeks so no way im wasting much energy on it :)
I've seen people lashing out on DQ fans since the beginning of all of this - not really just here but elsewhere as well. immature bull**** will always be annoying for sure but i think the best any of us can do is just ignore it. some people are just set in how they want to act and if they want to just be eternally bitter, then there's not much that can stop them.
For now the best we can do is stay optimistic and stay good to everyone.

That aside though...... I have been playing Heroes 2 lately and it's super fun. It's a really nice blend of musou gameplay with more traditional action RPG gameplay, with all the elements of DQ. Now I'm really hoping the Heroes 3 rumors come to light some time.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I've seen people lashing out on DQ fans since the beginning of all of this - not really just here but elsewhere as well. immature bull**** will always be annoying for sure but i think the best any of us can do is just ignore it. some people are just set in how they want to act and if they want to just be eternally bitter, then there's not much that can stop them.
For now the best we can do is stay optimistic and stay good to everyone.

That aside though...... I have been playing Heroes 2 lately and it's super fun. It's a really nice blend of musou gameplay with more traditional action RPG gameplay, with all the elements of DQ. Now I'm really hoping the Heroes 3 rumors come to light some time.
I mean it's a good point that most of it started with those people. Ignoring isn't 'always' the best option but considering e3 is so close yeah we can just let it boil over.

I'm glad youre liking heroes 2. I like action rpgs so it's a definite fun one for me. Although I havent gone back to it yet. Will be cool if heroes 3 takes it to the next level again :)

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
Again, Erdrick at E3 is just dumb. Its a disservice to his actual majority fanbase who won't even be able to watch the event live as it will be 2AM in Japan.

So it will be yawns all around: from the East due to lack of sleep and from the West due to lack of interest.

And then to have a Banjo reveal after that with Microsoft there to help hype it? Might as well have Erdrick's reveal trailer be a crayon scrawled half piece paper crudely announcing him while misspelling his name if want to ruin his hype. Erdrick will have so many things stacked against him, almost as bad as Corrin's reveal (one of the last characters, yet another FE, his game not being released internationally yet, the only 1st party newcomer and following CLOUD of all people? Its like Nintendo wanted Corrin to fall flat on his face).
Here is a post taken from a Banjo thread, it seems that we may get a fighter who is popular in the west that is going to be announced at E3 2019 instead of Erdrick, and I thought about Erdrick later being announced as the 3rd fighter in the fighter pass because Dragon Quest 3 is the 3rd game in the series and it would make sense if he was the 3rd fighter in the fighters pass.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here is a post taken from a Banjo thread, it seems that we may get a fighter who is popular in the west that is going to be announced at E3 2019 instead of Erdrick, and I thought about Erdrick later being announced as the 3rd fighter in the fighter pass because Dragon Quest 3 is the 3rd game in the series and it would make sense if he was the 3rd fighter in the fighters pass.
Well, japan doesn't need to see it live to be super hype about it ;p Just like how nintendo can drop videos out of nowhere and it's hype (or even joker was unexpected and not seen by quite a bit of people) ;p
I wouldn't worry about it. it can happen, and there isn't just e3 too.

It's just more anti-fans who take things too far in how they think. (making it out to be a big deal)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wish support would answer already, it's disgusting to have threads that support bashing a pick here especially since we are supposed to be supporting rather than bashing. Like why can't we just get along?

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
As I already said in the Square Seven thread, at this point I'm too antsy about just finding out who the next DLC fighter is to care too much about whether it's Erdrick or not.

I obviously do want Erdrick but man, it's been more than half a year since we saw the first of the Fighter's Pass characters. I need the second character already. I neeeeeeeeeeed it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
As I already said in the Square Seven thread, at this point I'm too antsy about just finding out who the next DLC fighter is to care too much about whether it's Erdrick or not.

I obviously do want Erdrick but man, it's been more than half a year since we saw the first of the Fighter's Pass characters. I need the second character already. I neeeeeeeeeeed it.
We're so close, just enjoy the show ;)

We already know we all want erdrick here ;p Maybe it's just me, but I'm not banking on anything for or against, i just want to enjoy the reveals. If I get too invested in this or that happening i wont enjoy the e3 season as much, so im just gonna sit back relax and see what comes.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
We're so close, just enjoy the show ;)

We already know we all want erdrick here ;p Maybe it's just me, but I'm not banking on anything for or against, i just want to enjoy the reveals. If I get too invested in this or that happening i wont enjoy the e3 season as much, so im just gonna sit back relax and see what comes.
Definitely. A long time ago I hoped that very specific things would get announced at E3 and was disappointed when they inevitably weren't.

Nowadays my expectations are in check. I only ever wish for 5 Zelda games to be announced, rather than 10 like I used to.

jk but yeah, I have plans for the rest of this year that don't necessarily involve E3 announced games. If somehow I end up disappointed (which I probably won't be) then I can go back to my usual plans.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, like how Joker's from Persona 1, and... wait.

About Banjo potentially overshadowing Erdrick, that's certainly possible to some extent, but I'd never accuse Nintendo or Square Enix of making the most sensible decisions when it comes to this stuff. In the short term, there's at least some promotional value in getting DQ's name out there before Builders 2 comes out. Bit of a waste not to take advantage of that opportunity, even if XI S is the big prize.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, like how Joker's from Persona 1, and... wait.

About Banjo potentially overshadowing Erdrick, that's certainly possible to some extent, but I'd never accuse Nintendo or Square Enix of making the most sensible decisions when it comes to this stuff. In the short term, there's at least some promotional value in getting DQ's name out there before Builders 2 comes out. Bit of a waste not to take advantage of that opportunity, even if XI S is the big prize.
Why couldn't it just please rpg fans, and banjo please other ones? I dont understand why it would necessarily overshadow anything when both can be liked. Even if it did, at least they'd focus on it and stop bothering people who'll like erdrick, lol. If the characters are fun they'd get back more attention when it's time for release.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom