• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This has always been my preferred scenario, though I can't imagine them going to all the trouble. Erdrick hardly ever gets to appear in his own legendary gear, and I've always wished more DQ heroes came decked out in armour like DQI's. Although I thought the Drasilian armour in DQXI looked kind of stupid, so I guess there's no pleasing me. Maybe I'd like it better if it had horns.

It'd be awfully strange for Erdrick's armour to be in the game as a Mii costume and not actually be on Erdrick. Not that it couldn't work, it'd just be odd. If I was going to predict Mii costumes, I'd bet on Terry for Swordfighter, Alena for Brawler and... Veronica for Gunner, maybe? That one's tougher.

If anyone's on the hype train for Builders, footage of the PAX East demo's showed up. Of course, you've seen it all before if you've watched or played the Japanese demo (or the Japanese entire game) but it's in English now, obviously. They even mention that Eldick guy at the beginning, I bet that's some kind of secret Smash hint Shinya Kumazaki snuck in there.
Erdick? Who the hell is that? Why would they add a character that I personally don't know of? :4pacman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
I'm just a bit nervous with what PolarPanda/Sabi said about Banjo. It's awesome if it's him instead of Steve, but I'm afraid of he been the Brave slot. In my opinion don't think he fits the codename if you compare with Joker's, but the fear stills. Makes me even more anxious about this PAX.

Last edited:

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
I'm just a bit nervous with what PolarPanda/Sabi said about Banjo. It's awesome if it's him instead of Steve, but I'm afraid of he been the Brave slot. In my opinion don't think he fits the codename if you compare with Joker's, but the fear stills. Makes me even more anxious about this PAX.
Eh, there's no reason Erdrick and Banjo can't coexist. I'm betting Erdrick's announced in April, and, if the rumors are true, Banjo at E3.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Eh, there's no reason Erdrick and Banjo can't coexist. I'm betting Erdrick's announced in April, and, if the rumors are true, Banjo at E3.
Yes, and I want both to be in too. But my anxiety just makes me goes a bit paranoic sometimes.
Really hope that's the case of Erdrick's been in April and Banjo in E3. It actually makes more sense, as till there they will announce better the Live on Switch and will have time to show a port of Rare Museum or even a new Banjo&Kazooei.(I have a theory that all Smash Bros Ultimate Character, at least those introduced in Ultimate, will have a new game or new collection in the Switch)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wont lie when I say I want Banjo over Erdrick, but I don't think there's much of a reason for Banjo to be Brave when stats have been proven to not be a reliable structure.

Last edited by a moderator:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Can I get a direct link/tweet regarding this information please? I just want to see the information for myself.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys. What's a good DQ game for a beginner to the series?
Best games to start are probably IV, V, VIII and XI when its released on Switch. If you have a 3DS or PS2, VIII would be a good one to start. 3DS has 2 extra party members while PS2 has better soundtrack and graphics.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Best games to start are probably IV, V, VIII and XI when its released on Switch. If you have a 3DS or PS2, VIII would be a good one to start. 3DS has 2 extra party members while PS2 has better soundtrack and graphics.
4, 5, 8, and 11 are indeed the most beginner friendly entries. 5 in particular is the one o started with, TheBeastHimself, and it's one of my favorite games ever.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Thanks for the recommendations!

Dragon Quest is a series I've always heard about, but I never looked into it. Because I'm a huge RPG fan and this series practically birthed the genre, I am really looking forward to playing it.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
https://mobile.twitter.com/New_WabiSabi/status/1111378383747702784
She also posted here the print were one of her sources, a Microsoft reporter, said that he heard about Banjo once and that Steve is 100% not happening.
Honestly I'm glad, while I don't have a lot of interest in him, a good friend of mine really wants him (especially since he wants at least one rep that he can wish for since he lost Rex & Pyra to the cut).

Also, I started playing Dragon Quest 3. Extremely addictive game, 3 hours flew by and to be honest I would play more if it wasn't almost 3 in the morning on my end LOL.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Man I really want a crossover now. But the world isn't ready for Toriyama Zelda.
Or even better, imagine if the DLC promotional image was the Japanese Dragon Quest 3 cover

But like, Smash Bros's cast behind Erdrick, with Galeem and Dharkom as the dragons in the back.

D

Deleted member

I just want to see DQ representation in Smash and Crash Bandicoot.
I am fine with anything else getting in, believing that Banjo can happen alongside Erdrick/Eight and Crash without any worry.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Or even better, imagine if the DLC promotional image was the Japanese Dragon Quest 3 cover

But like, Smash Bros's cast behind Erdrick, with Galeem and Dharkom as the dragons in the back.
That would be awesome, but I think they would go for Charizard and Ridley to replace the Dragons.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

God if Toriyama actually redrew this to show that, it might become my new wallpaper. It's just too good to pass up. Maybe he will revert to his previous style.

D

Deleted member

The sad part about Ultimate is that they stopped doing promotional art for newcomers after Inkling. It's tragic.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I still dont get why verge heard about minecraft content and now lots are saying that's not happening at all. I dont believe the banjo stuff tho, very little has actually been said about him. Well, who knows maybe after the second dlc we'll have more info around.

Last edited:

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I still dont get why verge heard about minecraft content and now lots are saying that's not happening at all. I dont believe the banjo stuff tho, very little has actually been said about him. Well, who knows maybe after the second dlc we'll have more info around.
Minecraft content as Verge described it is impossible to have existed since we have pretty much mined all that was in the release and plenty of hidden content. Furthermore, Verge never mentioned Minecraft content being in. I myself just find it hard to believe a Microsoft - Nintendo collab would happen without Banjo getting acknowledged.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

I've always loved this box art and if it was given a Smash remake by AT then good god that would be incredible.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Minecraft content as Verge described it is impossible to have existed since we have pretty much mined all that was in the release and plenty of hidden content. Furthermore, Verge never mentioned Minecraft content being in. I myself just find it hard to believe a Microsoft - Nintendo collab would happen without Banjo getting acknowledged.
You're off about that. Verge talked about minecraft content being in the game. He just never confirmed anything about it being steve. It's also not impossible since it can still be dlc. I personally dont really care and would rather it not be in the game, but it was still a big eough thing when he talked about it.

edit: to be more specific, he heard from plenty of sources about minecraft content, but not from his main ones.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
You're off about that. Verge talked about minecraft content being in the game. He just never confirmed anything about it being steve. It's also not impossible since it can still be dlc. I personally dont really care and would rather it not be in the game, but it was still a big eough thing when he talked about it.

edit: to be more specific, he heard from plenty of sources about minecraft content, but not from his main ones.
I thought the stuff mentioned about Minecraft was like a stage at best?

D

Deleted member

I doubt they made any sizable progress for a Microsoft rep if we're assuming Newcomer #2 is the Square Enix character. Therefore, I doubt many leakers are going to spot it yet.

Polarpanda's source is relieving after not having news in weeks, but it falls under the same issue of Vergeben claiming Minecraft. It's just a rumor and we're not sure how credible it is. If Verge started saying Banjo is in, now you would see me losing my **** because now we have two ambiguously reliable sources.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman

Sorry, I wrote that in a rush and missed what I wanted to say, which is exactly what you said here, minecraft content in but not necessarily steve. This would weirdly align with what Polar's source said, that Microsoft doesn't want Steve to be the face of minecraft.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I thought the stuff mentioned about Minecraft was like a stage at best?
I doubt they made any sizable progress for a Microsoft rep if we're assuming Newcomer #2 is the Square Enix character. Therefore, I doubt many leakers are going to spot it yet.

Polarpanda's source is relieving after not having news in weeks, but it falls under the same issue of Vergeben claiming Minecraft. It's just a rumor and we're not sure how credible it is. If Verge started saying Banjo is in, now you would see me losing my **** because now we have two ambiguously reliable sources.
Yeh I just dont know if it means anything, just like the minecraft stuff may not have meant something. the thing is that most of what he heard Did have to do with something like a stage, but the dlc fighter passes involve a fighter too, so it might've just been malarky. I also dont think banjo will show up just because i think both nintendo and microsoft would rather have a fighter that makes more business sense. And we really dont know if microsoft will even have something in smash at all.

time will tell :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Regarding Banjo and Steve, the best thing we can do is wait. Pretty much the stuff we know so far its quite limited and the source just that he heard a that there was a rumor about Banjo from a specific person but overall Steve is not happening..

I feel that Polar kinda jumped the gun with telling the news about Banjo though considering its much less certain than the info about Steve. The absence of Steve doesn't make any other MS rep more likely I'm afraid.

D

Deleted member

Yeh I just dont know if it means anything, just like the minecraft stuff may not have meant something. the thing is that most of what he heard Did have to do with something like a stage, but the dlc fighter passes involve a fighter too, so it might've just been malarky. I also dont think banjo will show up just because i think both nintendo and microsoft would rather have a fighter that makes more business sense. And we really dont know if microsoft will even have something in smash at all.

time will tell :p
If we compare Banjo to Erdrick, Banjo is nowhere near Erdrick's likelihood. However, Erdrick got to where he was through small stuff like this building upon itself over time. **** like Indie Gamer Chick and now Polar's source has me curious. I'm excited to see where this goes, and I think Microsoft and Nintendo both know that if they're going to include someone in Smash that wont start a riot, Banjo is the way to go.

(Master Chief is a reasonable second.)

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
If we compare Banjo to Erdrick, Banjo is nowhere near Erdrick's likelihood. However, Erdrick got to where he was through small stuff like this building upon itself over time. **** like Indie Gamer Chick and now Polar's source has me curious. I'm excited to see where this goes, and I think Microsoft and Nintendo both know that if they're going to include someone in Smash that wont start a riot, Banjo is the way to go.

I will say in my personal opinion, seeing the Microsoft rep together with Reggie during the VGA proves that there will be some form of Microsoft rep down the line. I still have the impression that it wasn't simply a coincidence or one-time thing.

D

Deleted member

I will say in my personal opinion, seeing the Microsoft rep together with Reggie during the VGA proves that there will be some form of Microsoft rep down the line. I still have the impression that it wasn't simply a coincidence or one-time thing.
I have zero doubt in a Microsoft rep. Cuphead for Switch, the VGA declaration stating that the two companies will be better friends, and Sony dropping out of E3? There's no way in Hell someone from Microsoft isn't getting in. We just now have to wait for the snowball to roll down the mountain.

D

Deleted member

I just love how people forget that Sony's rep was also together with them

D

Deleted member

Teeb147

Smash Legend

The road to 'building upong itself' doesnt happen to a lot of leaks, most of them die off unless there's some key sources who also hear about them.
I dont really see banjo happening too much at this stage, but anything's possible.

D

Deleted member

I honestly never saw that during the stream. Weird.
Pretty much it was one of the things that Geoff was excited for:
https://mynintendonews.com/2018/12/...ppeared-on-stage-together-at-the-game-awards/
Honestly I feel that a MS rep in general is pretty far from 100%, although obviously not zero. Many arguments I see for a MS rep could be easily applied for pretty much every other pick, I think people just like to think its more likely due to the company involved.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
D

Deleted member

I think people just like to think its more likely due to the company involved.
I think Nintendo capitalizing on Microsoft being a new buddy is a good theoretical argument for a MS rep. It's the last triforce of the gaming console industry. It clearly has more over multiple companies and not taking advantage of this, especially with a newcomer in Smash, is unrealistic. Nintendo plans to milk. Cuphead is evidence of this and I doubt it'll be the last.

We just need more evidence because this is just a theory of mine. Objectively, Banjo isn't confirmed.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

That would be cool.
I wonder if he’d go for the look alike replacements, or similar skill replacements. If it were based on looks I’d go:
(Left to right)

Goof off: Dedede
F Merchant: Wii Fit Trainer
M Sage: Roy
F Priest: Lucina
M Martial Artist: Ryu
F Wizard: Rosalina
M Warrior: Ike
[Erdrick]
F Warrior: Corrin (f)
M Wizard: Wario
F Martial Artist: Robin (f)
M Priest: Luigi
F Sage: Palutena
M Merchant: Mario
F Goof off: Peach

Dragons: Either 2 Charizards or Charizard and Ridley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom