• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
11:16 of this video. It's not much but it's proof that battles are affected by the 2d feature.

Thanks. yeah that was a short bit but it could really mean someone could play the entire game in 2d if they wanted to :O
Honestly the 3d is too nice to pass on, but it's really a cool feature, especially for a second playthrough. Altho i guess someone could alternate.

D

Deleted member

Thanks. yeah that was a short bit but it could really mean someone could play the entire game in 2d if they wanted to :O
Honestly the 3d is too nice to pass on, but it's really a cool feature, especially for a second playthrough. Altho i guess someone could alternate.
I'll just watch a let's play. XD

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I'd definitely replay the game just to play the whole thing in 2d. Maybe a third playthrough with japanese dub too haha.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I have this young niece who has started drawing a few months ago. She is visiting this week and she saw my Dragon Quest Illustrations: 30th Anniversary and wanted to see it. She was completely enthralled and I even noticed later she started to copy some of the monsters, though she started to mix/match different bits from different beasts :p
Anyway, she seems interested in the games! I am proud af though I am now worried about how I will introduce a kid who doesn't speak English to DQ :p

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I have this young niece who has started drawing a few months ago. She is visiting this week and she saw my Dragon Quest Illustrations: 30th Anniversary and wanted to see it. She was completely enthralled and I even noticed later she started to copy some of the monsters, though she started to mix/match different bits from different beasts :p
Anyway, she seems interested in the games! I am proud af though I am now worried about how I will introduce a kid who doesn't speak English to DQ :p
That's adorable! I plan to make all my nieces and future nephew be gamers and appreciate Dragon Quest. After all family is a main theme in the entire franchise :)

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Man, I wanna play DQXI.

So, I hope you don't mind me dumping these here, but I've been doodling Erdrick a lot lately. He's fun to draw, this design in particular.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Could look into different languages. Assuming she can read one of them :p

Man, I wanna play DQXI.

So, I hope you don't mind me dumping these here, but I've been doodling Erdrick a lot lately. He's fun to draw, this design in particular.

That's more personality than I've seen yet :O
I think making expressions is actually kinda hard (tho i dont draw, so maybe it's easier than i think :/)

D

Deleted member

Man, I wanna play DQXI.

Very nice! It's very Toriyama-esque, but still clearly your own art style which I like.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

I just love seeing different Dragon Quest art, whether it's for spin offs or fan art (yes the bottom one I posted before. i don't care it's my favorite rofl)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Is that a X-Men reference?
Haven’t played Jump Force, so I don’t really know.
I just thought the image looked cool and dai should have a catch phrase.
of course that'll never happen 'in' the game, since it's not marvel, but i think people should do it XD

I wish Jump Force was a better game. If it was like Marvel vs Capcom that would be hype.
Are people saying it's not good? I havent really looked at reviews or anything.

D

Deleted member

I wish Jump Force was a better game. If it was like Marvel vs Capcom that would be hype.
It's a shame the game is not as good from what I've seen, even more so since its coming from a series with arguably the best smash clone.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame the game is not as good from what I've seen, even more so since its coming from a series with arguably the best smash clone.
If they make Jump Force with classic PS2 Narutimate-like gameplay with a more anime texture, at least for the body of the characters, and a lot less particles, it would have been infinitely times better.

Also more character, more series, a better story animation and a better interaction and representation of the characters in the history. No obligatory hub world and more games mode. This ones plus the said before is to turn the game perfect.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Alright guys. Someone's gotta increase the amount of erdrick art in the world. And if those who draw aint gonna do it, then I just have to take it into my hands :p

I dont really draw, and I used ms paint for this one, but if someone knows a good and easy tool to use let me know, the bucket doesn't even work well with lines. Anyway, here's my first attempt. I'll try again once in a while until i get better enough to draw both girl erdrick and jane in the same picture ;p

erdrick-f by teb.jpg

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Alright guys. Someone's gotta increase the amount of erdrick art in the world. And if those who draw aint gonna do it, then I just have to take it into my hands :p

I dont really draw, and I used ms paint for this one, but if someone knows a good and easy tool to use let me know, the bucket doesn't even work well with lines. Anyway, here's my first attempt. I'll try again once in a while until i get better enough to draw both girl erdrick and jane in the same picture ;p

View attachment 201862
Nice, I want to share my art but I don't know how ROFL

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nice, I want to share my art but I don't know how ROFL
Ah. well, if it's on paper and you have a phone you could take a picture of it.
If you have a file then you can just drag it into the posting box.

Last edited:

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 201862
If you're using MS Paint, I recommend using the pencil tool. The brush tool is anti-aliased, and the bucket tool doesn't like that.

That aside, this is great. The blush is a nice detail; it's really cute.

There we go, found another method.
Baller. The eyes came out really nice.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
I recommend using Gimp. It's free and it gives you a lot more options. It also has a "Smooth stroke" option which automatically corrects the wobbly scribbly lines as you draw.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
I recommend using Gimp. It's free and it gives you a lot more options. It also has a "Smooth stroke" option which automatically corrects the wobbly scribbly lines as you draw.
Seconded. FireAlpaca is also a good option. If you're working with a mouse, I recommend drawing on paper first, then scanning or taking a photo over the drawing and doing your lineart on that.

By the way, has this been posted here before? It's cool.

https://gamebanana.com/skins/168555

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Seconded. FireAlpaca is also a good option. If you're working with a mouse, I recommend drawing on paper first, then scanning or taking a photo over the drawing and doing your lineart on that.

I've seen it floating around. I always thought they would model him after Link tbh

Teeb147

Smash Legend
yah thas nice. what do you use to 'ink'?

thx i'll look into those programs sometime. I wont be drawing on paper for now, so i just need a good and easy to use one on pc.
I don't plan to make anything fancy, but i'd still like to draw a little better :p

Is that a mod for smash 4? it looks aight :)

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
yah thas nice. what do you use to 'ink'?

thx i'll look into those programs sometime. I wont be drawing on paper for now, so i just need a good and easy to use one on pc.
I don't plan to make anything fancy, but i'd still like to draw a little better :p

Is that a mod for smash 4? it looks aight :)
I used Faber castel brush pens. Normally I prefer inking with a brush and ink, but it takes way too long to set up. Plus my motivations for drawing hasn't been that big lately.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys can you give me a opinion about the Smash Ultimate x Ex-Aid RPG that I'm working on RPG Maker?
I'm going to give all Riders new forms based on the franchises in Smash. Kamen Rider Brave, as he is the JRPG based Rider, would gain a Dragon Quest based one. I was thinking about one based on Erdrick's design with his cape, a sculped spike hair helmet with a headband and with a vambrace design after his shield. But I was on Twitter and saw this moded figure:

images (28).jpeg

So what you guys think? I go for a base Erdrick one or a Erdrick's Armor one to him?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey guys can you give me a opinion about the Smash Ultimate x Ex-Aid RPG that I'm working on RPG Maker?
I'm going to give all Riders new forms based on the franchises in Smash. Kamen Rider Brave, as he is the JRPG based Rider, would gain a Dragon Quest based one. I was thinking about one based on Erdrick's design with his cape, a sculped spike hair helmet with a headband and with a vambrace design after his shield. But I was on Twitter and saw this moded figure:

View attachment 202372

So what you guys think? I go for a base Erdrick one or a Erdrick's Armor one to him?
I like that one. It still had the basic outline of Erdrick so you can tell its him but it's also completely new.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

View attachment 202372

That looks dope with the armour

Do you guys think Erdrick might have a skin with his full armor?

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping for that. I can see it being four sets of two: two male with the Aliahan clothes, two male with the full armor, two female with the Aliahan clothes, and two female with the full armor.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman

Don't know if he will have a armor as I remember that some datamine said he didn't have armor collision physics, don't know if it is valid to all costumes or only the default. But I think there's a good chance, even if he had a Armor alt or a DQ1 Hero alt, that a Mii Costume of the Armor be in the pack.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for that. I can see it being four sets of two: two male with the Aliahan clothes, two male with the full armor, two female with the Aliahan clothes, and two female with the full armor.
This has always been my preferred scenario, though I can't imagine them going to all the trouble. Erdrick hardly ever gets to appear in his own legendary gear, and I've always wished more DQ heroes came decked out in armour like DQI's. Although I thought the Drasilian armour in DQXI looked kind of stupid, so I guess there's no pleasing me. Maybe I'd like it better if it had horns.

It'd be awfully strange for Erdrick's armour to be in the game as a Mii costume and not actually be on Erdrick. Not that it couldn't work, it'd just be odd. If I was going to predict Mii costumes, I'd bet on Terry for Swordfighter, Alena for Brawler and... Veronica for Gunner, maybe? That one's tougher.

If anyone's on the hype train for Builders, footage of the PAX East demo's showed up. Of course, you've seen it all before if you've watched or played the Japanese demo (or the Japanese entire game) but it's in English now, obviously. They even mention that Eldick guy at the beginning, I bet that's some kind of secret Smash hint Shinya Kumazaki snuck in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom