• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Thank you! I wish I remembered where I found this LOL. I love your profile too, goes to show that Persona art is always the best, fan art or nah.
Yeah, that new avatar is pretty sweet and cool.
I also like your’s.
thx :)
the art flows in pretty fast after reveals, but not alot of them are able to nail the style. A few do look really good tho.

A bit like how some people are good with toriyama's style.

Last edited:

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
First episode of Dragon Quest Dai is quite wild. I love the bootleg DQ3 party.

D

Deleted member

No because only the Hero of Hyrule truly can with the Master Sword.

Ganondorf most powerful character in fiction confirmed.
I mean, you can beat Breath of the Wild without ever knowing the Master Sword exists.

Ok fun idea. If Erdrick was in the Legend of Zelda universe, would he succeed in defeating Ganon?
Just give him the light arrows plot McGuffen and he'll pull through after some grinding.

Last edited by a moderator:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
No because only the Hero of Hyrule truly can with the Master Sword.

Ganondorf most powerful character in fiction confirmed.
Ah you actually don't need the Master Sword. You can have something as powerful as the Magical Sword from the original NES. I'm pretty sure the Sword of Erdrick is still a light based weapon.

I mean, you can beat Breath of the Wild without ever knowing the Master Sword exists.

Just give him the light arrows plot McGuffen and he'll pull through after some grinding.
Maybe he could just throw the sphere of light at him and Ganon would just melt :p

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Erdrick Classic Mode

1.Blue Kirby as Slime
2.Metal Jigglypuff as Metal Slime
3.Game and Watch as Shadow
4.Green Charizard as Green Dragon
5. Ganondorf as Baramos
6. Piranha Plant as Gnawchid (or Cannibox I guess)
7. Metaknight as Robin 'ood
Boss - Maybe Marx as 'Zoma' or Rathalos as a... dragon

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Erdrick Classic Mode

1.Blue Kirby as Slime
5. Ganondorf as Baramos
Boss - Maybe Marx as 'Zoma' or Rathalos as a... dragon
Only question is what should his Classic Mode be called?

D

Deleted member

Erdrick Classic Mode

1.Blue Kirby as Slime
5. Ganondorf as Baramos
Boss - Maybe Marx as Zoma or Rathalos as a... dragon
Erdrick is definitely going to be fighting characters based around DQ monsters. That being said, Rathalos would make the most sense because--ha ha--Dragon Quest! Plus Dragonlord is probably the more iconic boss for the series to represent, I would imagine.

Maybe he could just throw the sphere of light at him and Ganon would just melt :p
Erdrick should just throw the light arrows into Ganondorf. He's manly enough to yeet them.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
"Into the Legend" (based off the III Japanese subtitle) I guess. Or something based off of leveling up?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Quest of Salvation?" I don't know

Or better yet just run up and stab Ganon right in the eye. Kid friendly right there.
But then Ganon grabs Erdrick and then slams him into the ground because every final boss needs to do that.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I am sure this question was asked before, but how do you think Erdrick's reveal trailer would play out?

D

Deleted member

I am sure this question was asked before, but how do you think Erdrick's reveal trailer would play out?
It starts off with Goku walking up to Mario before Erdrick cuts off his head and straps it to his belt. Then splash screen.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
But then Ganon grabs Erdrick and then slams him into the ground because every final boss needs to do that.
Only for Erdrick to cut off his leg and perform a suplex on the injured king of darkness

Erdrick comes in cosplaying as Link because he killed him and got exposed, so he had to kill the rest of the cast because people talk down on Dragon Quest :p

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
It starts off with Goku walking up to Mario before Erdrick cuts off his head and straps it to his belt. Then splash screen.
Let's make it better. Have it be revealed that Erdrick also has the heads of the other six fellow Square-Enix characters on his belt. Maximum salt and rage hype guaranteed!

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Erdrick can 100% kick Ganon's butt. Unlike Link, Erdrick can earn experience points, therefore he just walks in circles for hours before beating him in two hits, no extra heart containers needed.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Let's make it better. Have it be revealed that Erdrick also has the heads of the other six fellow Square-Enix characters on his belt. Maximum salt and rage hype guaranteed!
Not gonna lie, I'd love to see that just to add salt to jerks on the internet. But I digress.

Erdrick can 100% kick Ganon's butt. Unlike Link, Erdrick can earn experience points, therefore he just walks in circles for hours before beating him in two hits, no extra heart containers needed.
Right, I forgot that in the Dragon Quest universe, only heroes get XP but no one else. Not really sure how that works but hey easy money.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Erdrick walking up to Cloud like:
Erdrick: "I heard you jerks have been talking down on my franchise. Let me show you why I'm still referenced 30 years later"

Proceeds to murder the rest of the smash cast with one arm. Looks at Cloud.

"Your game may be getting a reboot, it would be a shame for it to get delayed"

Confirmed, Erdrick is why FF7 reboot is taking so long.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Erdrick: "I heard you jerks have been talking down on my franchise. Let me show you why I'm still referenced 30 years later"

Proceeds to murder the rest of the smash cast with one arm. Looks at Cloud.

"Your game may be getting a reboot, it is a shame for it to get delayed"

Confirmed, Erdrick is why FF7 reboot is taking so long.
Erdrick then proceeds to show Cloud who the original anime swordsman is.

Last edited by a moderator:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
This is close enough for me.

I actually finished reading the Dragon Quest manga last month. Now I want a crossover between Dai and Erdrick, and Dai actually surprised that the "lookalike" is actually a hero. Plus I'd love to see Erdrick contend with a super dragon knight.

D

Deleted member

First episode of Dragon Quest Dai is quite wild. I love the bootleg DQ3 party.

Series is quite fun, sadly ends up prematurely just a little above a quarter of the story. The manga follows up after the end of the anime around volume 10 if I recall correctly, if you want to keep following it.
Cliched but dont care.
I said it before, but part of the spirit of the series is embarking on an adventure. My main idea would be someone like Link arriving into a town and going to one of the bars, there he encounters Erdrick (possibly other DQ Heroes), and other fighters representing the classes (Doc Mario/Healer, Zelda/Mage, Cloud/Warrior) and then embarking on an adventure by showing quick shots of the party fighting against smash villains and DQ monsters. It ends with the party on a caravan walking towards the horizon.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I finished Dragon Quest VI.

I like the game, but I wish it had a stronger narrative theme. I couldn't quite get into the dual world theme because I don't think the game did enough to tie the "real vs. dream" theme to anything that tugged at my heartstrings. It was nice that we could see how most party members wanted to be different than their current situations (the Prince wanted to settle into a life in a quiet village, Carver wanted to be a soldier, etc.) but aside from the subplot with the kid who died giving you his bed or the Ashlynn twist, it felt more like the game was designed off the heels of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past to give the game more length.

DQ4 was about a world threatened by one monster's grief over how his love was treated, DQ5 was about making a family and resolving unfinished business with your old one, and DQ6 is...about self-discovery, I guess? After fighting Murdaw, you travel the world to find your other self, fighting monsters along the way but with no real idea of what it means and why, exactly, you would want to other than the Queen telling you that you're "living an incomplete existence". It all seems like an excuse to explore 2 (3, kinda) huge worlds and pick away at them in satisfying ways.

The vocations are real fun, though. They seem to be the draw of the game, with the constant stream of new abilities your party is constantly getting expanding your options at a satisfying rate. It's also nice that progression through the vocations is tied to battles won, rather than experience, so that even if you're leveling up slowly your abilities keep coming in at a more consistent rate. The vocations themselves seem to tie back to the possible theme of self discovery, in that you're always trying to find what's best for you, but again I wish this had a stronger emotional resonance.

The music is real energetic this time. Lots of bops and bangers, here, and although the classical sounding music is still around a larger focus seems to have been placed on strong melodies this time. It lends the game its otherworldly identity, too, which fits considering the world hopping gameplay. I never got tired of the battle music, it sounds pretty funky, though not as funky as the theme for towers this time.

Overall, I enjoyed the game, but I think I like both DQ4 and DQ5 better. I'm not giving this game a put down, though. I think this is a fun game to check out.

Ashlynn :(

I'd jump straight into DQ7, but I actually need to put the series off for a while. I find the games pretty addicting, and unfortunately it's started to affect my grades this semester. I'm going to study hard and catch up on places I'm falling behind, and so I think I'll get back into the series starting this summer when my semester's over. I know DQ7 is super long anyway, so it'll be perfect for the entire break, but yeah, catching up is more important right now.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
The Classic mode I thought for Erdrick:
The Brave's Quest/救いの冒険(Salvation's Quest):
Round 1: Tiny Kirby Horde(All with the blue color, A Tiny Metal Kirby appears randomly in the horde and the last one is a Giant Kirby. Alefgard)[Slime, Metal Slime, King Slime]
Round 2: Falco, Meta Knight, Greninja(Falco, Dark Meta Knight, Green Greninja. Yoshi's Island or Mushroom Kingdom II. A Red Link as partner.)[Stark Raven/Chimera, Drac the Vlad/Dracky, Toady/Toxic Toady]
Round 3: Giant Charizard(Green. Hyrule Castle. A Red Link and a Green Robin in the party)[Green Dragon]
Round 4: Mr. Game&Watch, King DeDeDe, Metal Young Link and Ike(Black G&W, Sepia DeDeDe, Gray Y. Link, Green Ike. Temple. A Red Link, a Green Robin and a blue Palutena in the party) [Shadow, Troll, Infernal Armor and Hood]
Round 5: Ganondorf duo(Green and Purple. Castle Siege. Keep the party)[Baramos and Soul of Baramos(Baramos Bros in Japanese)]
Round 6: Giant Incineroar, Piranha Plant, Gold Donkey Kong, Giant Gold Little Mac, Marth(Respectively: Blue, Black, Yellow, Yellow, Gold. Mementos. Marth appears after the first opponent been K.O. Keep the party.)[White Lion, Pandora Box, Great Keeper, Gold Golem and Grievous bodily arm]
(Bonus round)
Round 7: 5 Giant Ridley then one regular Ridley(5 regular purple color, 1 classic Metroid color. Dracula's Castle Battlefield. A new Giant Ridley appears as one is K.O., After all 5 been K.O. the regular appears. Keep the party.)[Hydra then Bone of Baramos]
Boss: Zoma(two stages boss) or Ganon or Dracula(All been or referencing Zoma. Keep the party, but they are damaged)

Second player replaces Link.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry for not being here yesterday.

Some news took me down and I had to rest.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
I'd imagine it would recreate DQ3's SNES title screen, but not before "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X" flashes on screen.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The 2nd Japanese voice stream has been released

A quick overview can be seen here, most important is that the 3ds content about visiting various DQ worlds is going to be apparently present:
https://gematsu.com/2019/03/dragon-...s-additional-new-features-and-dlc-voice-drama

More information comes in June so it is very possible that we get more info of the game in a direct soon.
I actually didn't realize, we're the 27th. The 2d option is actually impressive, for it all to have that. Though they never showed attacking in it or a battle in 2d. I wonder if it's purely just for exploring.
I really wonder about the other DQ worlds, it sounds like a lot of extra content?

Definitely going to wait for the switch version :)
(unless it goes super cheap)

D

Deleted member

I actually didn't realize, we're the 27th. The 2d option is actually impressive, for it all to have that. Though they never showed attacking in it or a battle in 2d. I wonder if it's purely just for exploring.
I really wonder about the other DQ worlds, it sounds like a lot of extra content?

Definitely going to wait for the switch version :)
(unless it goes super cheap)
No they showed a battle in the February direct where a bunch of slimes fuse together to form a big slime. It looked janky as Hell and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom