• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I am tempted to pick Dragon Quest 1 for IOS now that I have 10€ for the App Store.

Should I pick it or wait for the day I pick another gift card to afford DQ3?
Honestly DQ3 is better, but the first is very simple if you just dont mind something straightforward.
I wonder which version is in an app store.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly DQ3 is better, but the first is very simple if you just dont mind something straightforward.
I wonder which version is in an app store.
I think that it is the SNES remake.
Or at least not the NES version, since it visually looks way different.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I usually say it's worth playing DQ1 first if you're gonna play both, but it's not too important. DQ3 will last you a lot longer if money's tight and you just need something to play on the bus.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think that it is the SNES remake.
Or at least not the NES version, since it visually looks way different.
k that's good.
Probably worth it. unless you dont wanna wait and just want a dragon quest taste.

D

Deleted member

k that's good.
Probably worth it. unless you dont wanna wait and just want a dragon quest taste.
I really want to pick DQ3, tbh.
But I kind of want to give the first game a chance too doh.

I'll see which one I'll choose during the next days.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I really want to pick DQ3, tbh.
But I kind of want to give the first game a chance too doh.

I'll see which one I'll choose during the next days.
alternatively could do both.
10$ seems a bit high for an nes game, but i guess having it mobile is practical.

D

Deleted member

Teeb147 Teeb147 I keep thinking I'm you because you're usually the one with a female Erdrick avi. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I am tempted to pick Dragon Quest 1 for IOS now that I have 10€ for the App Store.

If you want something to play in shorter bursts then DQ1, or if you want something much longer then get DQ3.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I know this is an Erdrick thread, but what other reps would you guys want. From most want to least want.

1. Erdrick/Luminary
2. Riou from Suikoden 2
3. Dante from DMC
4. Ryu from Breath of Fire franchise (3 or 4)
5. Ryu Hayabusa

D

Deleted member

I know this is an Erdrick thread, but what other reps would you guys want. From most want to least want.

1. Erdrick/Luminary
2. Riou from Suikoden 2
3. Dante from DMC
5. Ryu Hayabusa
My signature does a pretty good job telling everybody who I really want.

1. Bomberman
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Erdrick
4. Mike Tyson
5. Andy from Advance Wars
6. Custom Robo
7. Shovel Knight
8. Adeleine/Bandana Dee
9. Paper Mario
10. Space Invaders
11. Virgil
12. Nightmare
13. Master Chief
14. Crash
15. Geno

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
My signature does a pretty good job telling everybody who I really want.

1. Bomberman
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Erdrick
4. Mike Tyson
5. Andy from Advance Wars
6. Custom Robo
7. Shovel Knight
8. Adeleine/Bandana Dee
9. Paper Mario
10. Space Invaders
11. Virgil
12. Nightmare
13. Master Chief
14. Crash
15. Geno
Have you ever seen the Samie (is that her name) character from advance wars in PM before it's cancellation?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So, Cadence of Hyrule was announced in that Nindies Showcase. Funny thing is, an eShop exclusive 2D Zelda was one of Vergeben's predictions.

The Link's Awakening blunder was one of the biggest blows to his credibility in recent memory, so this hopefully clears that up.
I mean...that's not really how it works. You're either credible, or your not. If you're only right SOME of the time, they your leaks aren't reliable, which means they're no more valuable than people just guessing.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

1. Erdrick/Luminary
2. Riou from Suikoden 2
3. Dante from DMC
5. Ryu Hayabusa
You like Ryus XD

There's quite a bit of characters I'd enjoy, i dont think i'll list specific charcters, but maybe franchises.. Some are in my sig. I think Warioware deserved a rep. I would've taken Ashley for sure. tho my faves are still kat&ana and mona.

I like a lot of RPG franchises, including from SE, so there's a lot there. And then there's still more Kirby characters I'd like (i like a lot of them).
There's a lot more characters from Final Fantasy I'd like. Terra might be the only one that could have some chance.
Some indie games like Shantae.

And of course DQ. Erdrick.. and Solo+Sophia would be freakin awesome.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman

1 feels more like a missing link between a normal game and a RPG, it doesn't play the way you think it would, and this can be both interesting or frustrating.

3 is pretty the sort of RPG you will already know, though very old school. It still sees its towns maps and NPC talks as pieces of a puzzle instead of fluff, which is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is far more approachable than 1 and 3. I would recommend playing the SNES or GBC version but the mobile version is not too bad either!

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice

1. Erdrick/Luminary
2. Riou from Suikoden 2
3. Dante from DMC
5. Ryu Hayabusa
My picks tend to vary apart from the top three, but right now, they're...

1. Phoenix Wright
2. Ninten
3. Bandana Dee
4. Erdrick
5. Arle Nadja

You like Ryus XD

There's quite a bit of characters I'd enjoy, i dont think i'll list specific charcters, but maybe franchises.. Some are in my sig. I think Warioware deserved a rep. I would've taken Ashley for sure. tho my faves are still kat&ana and mona.

I like a lot of RPG franchises, including from SE, so there's a lot there. And then there's still more Kirby characters I'd like (i like a lot of them).
There's a lot more characters from Final Fantasy I'd like. Terra might be the only one that could have some chance.

Orbulon or riot.

D

Deleted member

My picks are:

1º: Crash/Coco Bandicoot
2º: Eight/Erdrick
3º: Mach Rider
4º: Dixie Kong
5º: Spyro
6º: Pauline
7º: Adeleine
8º: Eggman
9º: Microsoft stuff
10º: Neo Cortex

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
You like Ryus XD

At that point I'd probably name my own son Ryu.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
1 - Roto
2 - Banjo
3 - Dixie
4 - Crash

Oh, and I found a chibi-version official female Erdrick. Seesh enix, what is that party compositon

Last edited:

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Andy or Sami from Advance Wars are and have always been my #1. I have no hope or expectations since the series is permanently dead, but frankly anybody from AW would make me the absolute happiest, more than Erdrick or anyone else.

I don't really have a huge wishlist anymore, but Dark Matter, Captain Toad/Toadette, Crash Bandicoot, Jill Valentine, Dante, and a (preferably non-Crono) Chrono Trigger character could all fit on there somewhere. Jeanne's my most wanted echo fighter, since I got Dark Samus.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So any idea on what the series logo for Dragon Quest would look like? I would imagine it'd have to be something that's universal to the series and not necessarily tied to DQ3 itself. Fortunately I don't think there's anything from that game that could inhibit the selection of choices.

I have two possible guesses for potential symbols: the bird/Ramia on Erdrick's shield, or the dragon on the title for the original Dragon Quest (as well as DQXI, which might be good if Luminary is indeed an alt). I went and made UI mock-ups for what they could look like in-game, so what do y'all think?

erdrick-character-ui.png

erdrick-character-ui-dragon.png

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
I really want for then keep doing Fighter Pass stuff for some years. There so many good additions they can make that it's hard to choose only more 3(Erdrick is already the second challenge pack in my heart).

So any idea on what the series logo for Dragon Quest would look like? I would imagine it'd have to be something that's universal to the series and not necessarily tied to DQ3 itself. Fortunately I don't think there's anything from that game that could inhibit the selection of choices.

I have two possible guesses for potential symbols: the bird/Ramia on Erdrick's shield, or the dragon on the title for the original Dragon Quest (as well as DQXI, which might be good if Luminary is indeed an alt). I went and made UI mock-ups for what they could look like in-game, so what do y'all think?

Pretty much Ramia.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Erdrick/Luminary
2. Riou from Suikoden 2
3. Dante from DMC
5. Ryu Hayabusa
Top 5?
1. Erdrick
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Chun-Li
4. Rex and Pyra
5. Sephiroth
(if spirits deconfirm put Lara Croft and Sora after Sephiroth)

Dream DQ Pick. Auster

Teeb147

Smash Legend
1 - Roto
2 - Banjo
3 - Dixie
4 - Crash

Oh, and I found a chibi-version official female Erdrick. Seesh enix, what is that party compositon

where'd you find that?? is it just fan art? anyway, never came across that one. thanks :)

Namasura

Smash Journeyman

Ramia / Mark of Erdrick. Its something related to DQ 1 to 3 but Erdrick's equipment are such a recurring thing on the series, both in it and out of it, that it is a fitting series symbol.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord

1. Erdrick/Luminary
2. Riou from Suikoden 2
3. Dante from DMC
5. Ryu Hayabusa
Nintendo:
  1. Paper Mario
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. Another human Pokémon character
  4. Eevee
  5. Lots of characters from older, but not quite "retro" or "classic" series, like Sin and Punishment, StarTropics, Golden Sun, Panel de Pon, etc.
Third party:
  1. Erdrick from Dragon Quest
  2. Someone from the main Shin Megami Tensei series (I like Joker but I hope he doesn't close the door for someone like Demifiend or the SMT1 protagonist from making it in)
  3. Leon, Jill, or Chris from Resident Evil
  4. The Prince of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy
  5. Doomguy even though I've never played the Doom games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom