• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
* Pit has an average buffered roll, but an above average tech roll. So if your opponent knows how to tech consistently you might want to opt for upthrowing depending on how good your tech chase skills are. Nairs work well, he has an average sized body. Up air'ing is alright against pit, gliding can help him get out of this however, so you have to be persistent.

whats a tech roll?
what do they mean by if your opponent knows how to tech consistantly?
whats tech chasing?

"taken from G&W forums"

its bothering the hell outta me

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
hey guys. Kupo or corrupt do you know anything about doing woi right as you fall off a ledge so it gets canceled but still has the wind effect? is it old? or something new? I just did it in training and was wondering if it has been brought up. I made a post about it and another weird thing as well.

And also, whats with pits hyphen smash it seems like it has abotu 3 diffrent distances it can go, short- just running and pit stops to do the usmash. medium- has a little slide. and the long one- goes almost as far as fox's hyphen smash sometimes. I can never get the long one to come out, i've only done it like once.

SSD

Smash Journeyman
And also, whats with pits hyphen smash it seems like it has abotu 3 diffrent distances it can go, short- just running and pit stops to do the usmash. medium- has a little slide. and the long one- goes almost as far as fox's hyphen smash sometimes. I can never get the long one to come out, i've only done it like once.
there was a thread about this a while ago, and it turns out that it has to do with the position of Pit's feet when you input the upsmash. Looks like the thread was deleted for some reason. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it is his right that determines the length. If you input when the correct foot hits the ground, you get max distance. If you input after, you get less distance. When his left foot touches the ground, you will get NO distance.

thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=191736

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
hey i been using pit since forever. But i still can't figure out when to use arrow rain without being attacked because of the lag. Anyone have help?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
hey i been using pit since forever. But i still can't figure out when to use arrow rain without being attacked because of the lag. Anyone have help?
One of the great misteries of life my friend...you can't unless they are far off stage, and then you have several better things you can do...or unplug them.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Do you have lag if you airdodge into the ground?

And how reliable is SH airdodge to utilt as an approach once in a while?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Is there a thread like G-reg's Falcon thread here? Something where good Pit players can talk about stage counterpicks and matchups?

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
One of the great misteries of life my friend...you can't unless they are far off stage, and then you have several better things you can do...or unplug them.
ohh okay sounds good i barley use it. and thanks for the welcome=)

Afropony

Smash Lord
Do any of you guys use arrow rain or anything like that when you've just star KOed an opponent?
Because that's usually the only time i think about using arrow rain.

rinoH

Smash Lord
ehh i use arrow rain for fun sometimes or when they are on the other side of the stage and i try to do the 9 hit combo

SSD

Smash Journeyman
What is Pit's fastest way of getting out of Falco's chaingrab, or any chaingrab in general?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
If its a real CG on Pit then the only thing you can do is tackle the other player, ifs fake or not done correctly, IE. DDD when done incorrectly, then WoI might be the best. The wind push can push them back and you can fly out of reach but don't expect them to mess up on a CG at a tourny.

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm taking up Pit as a secondary and I looked over the guide and learned quite a bit. But out of curiosity, what would be the best control setting for using Pit. I'm sure this has been asked before, but unfortunaly the forum search isn't yeilding the results that I sought, but I still apologize for the intrusion. My control settomgs go accordingly

R set to special (after reading up on wingdashing), Y is set to grab and I play with Tap off.

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
I put tap jump off. I have L for special. But I don't use this one much, mostly for WoI. I shield/dodge with R and probably never used y.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Why don't we have a pit general discussion group? The toon link boards have one and it seems to be going very well, as a lot of social groups do. I would make one myself but I thought if anyone does it it should be kown since his glorious thread was closed :p

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
hey uhh... this is a very sample question. I want to play a very good pit lol=] anyone?

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
I have been playing pit since the game came out and I was progressing very well up to this point but I seem to progress any further. Can anyone give me a training strategy or something?

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone, what is a good way to deal with getting gimped while using WoI?

I played my friend's ROB quite a bit today, and I found that more often that not he was able to just drop under the stage and shoot me when I was trying to escape his Gyro which was buzzing right on the ledge.

Top Bottom