• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Kay so ive been finally started going into training mode by myself to practice since im tired of random **** i don tmean to happen happen at the worst possible times. I can do the grounded pivot thing like 70% of the time after 5 minutes of practice but i cant seem to perfect it any tips? like finger motion,timing of....and whatnot.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Kay so ive been finally started going into training mode by myself to practice since im tired of random **** i don tmean to happen happen at the worst possible times. I can do the grounded pivot thing like 70% of the time after 5 minutes of practice but i cant seem to perfect it any tips? like finger motion,timing of....and whatnot.
Well when I pivot arrow I just run, the jam the stick in the other direction let go of the grey stick then push b. but it has to be fast. I mastered pivot arrowing in like 2 days when Kadaj the marth main showed me vids of masashi doing it. You'll get use to it in no time.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Well when I pivot arrow I just run, the jam the stick in the other direction let go of the grey stick then push b. but it has to be fast. I mastered pivot arrowing in like 2 days when Kadaj the marth main showed me vids of masashi doing it. You'll get use to it in no time.
i cant wait till i do cuz my arrow game is already real legit the grounded arrows will make my game so much faster. i cant wait im excited. P.s. to all pit mains...im gonnna be incorporating the fact that you can footstool ppl out of WOI from now on its a good way to gimp ppl with bad recovs :)

Obsidian.

Smash Rookie
So random question. Why is there one extra page in this thread that seems to have nothing on it? Right now is says page 144 of 145 but when I click 145 it takes me back to 144...

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
i cant wait till i do cuz my arrow game is already real legit the grounded arrows will make my game so much faster. i cant wait im excited. P.s. to all pit mains...im gonnna be incorporating the fact that you can footstool ppl out of WOI from now on its a good way to gimp ppl with bad recovs :)
FOOTSTOOL out of WOI??? What? Explain please :reverse:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
You can footstool out of WoI but you lose your jump's and up-b after it unless you wing refresh.
yup which is why ive been using the following set up.

High %

Fthrow/bthrow shoot an arrow possibly steal jump? wing refresh right after the arrow and go to the low person and use the foot stool. Dsmash has a nice trajectory to use it as well.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well, certain people like sonic, snake, d3, G&W, Yoshi and other Pit's you should just grab them out of there up-b's or for yoshi's case 2nd jump and not pummel.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Well, certain people like sonic, snake, d3, G&W, Yoshi and other Pit's you should just grab them out of there up-b's or for yoshi's case 2nd jump and not pummel.
doesnt work on Gaw. d3 can up-b again and yoshi footstool would be better cuz grabbing isnt guarenteed as well as the fact that his airspeed+airdodge=very hard to grab when you can footstool by simply spamming Y when in WoI.

Just thought id say...

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
It work's on G&W, If it's a smart yoshi they'll airdogde or use a move to make sure they dont get Footstooled. D3 I think if you pumel correctly he'll fall down, it's funny

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It work's on G&W, If it's a smart yoshi they'll airdogde or use a move to make sure they dont get Footstooled. D3 I think if you pumel correctly he'll fall down, it's funny
my friend was a GaW main it doesnt work....and same goes for grabbing on yoshi id still go for footstool...and he can still up b though but if you let him fall THEN go to footstool him and combine the two its even better :)

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
One of my friends I play with frequently mains GaW and I can tell you it works because I've done it before. The thing is you have to grab him when his parachute comes out at the peak of his up b or when he's floating down and GaW mains don't usually let that happen because they up b when it would take them straight to the ledge for invincibility frames.

About D3, can you grab him out of his up b when he has super armor frames? I never tried it before.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
One of my friends I play with frequently mains GaW and I can tell you it works because I've done it before. The thing is you have to grab him when his parachute comes out at the peak of his up b or when he's floating down and GaW mains don't usually let that happen because they up b when it would take them straight to the ledge for invincibility frames.

About D3, can you grab him out of his up b when he has super armor frames? I never tried it before.
ya snakes do it all the time if they get the chance lol.

pulse131

Smash Ace
yes, you can grab D3 out of up b, wario does it with bite all the time, same goes for moves like wario's fsmash, you can grab it to but chances are your still take the 19%. super armor moves only armor attacks.
grabbing still isnt that great of an option though.
as for gaw grabbing him out of upb is also unplausable but it works, and he'll just die. same goes for for any other character whose upb comes out, and afterwards are still allowed to attack with their aerials.
snake, gaymen watch, sonic, and yoshi are the ones who can. just that snake can c4 it. i left out rob cuz it only counts if he's out o' jewce

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
About the page 145-146 thing, its because someone had first post on a new page, and then it got deleted, making that new page "not exist"

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it says in the guide that you can't mirror (was double checking falco's illusion) DDD's recovery but you can. ive done it. just jump into him and mirror and his trajectory is reversed putting him hella away from the stage. its hella funny lookin

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Yo Guys, need some help.

What do you guys think about the Pit V Yoshi matchup? This is important to my heart as a Wario main because I use Pit as a counter to this annoying dino. Do you think it's even, Yoshi's favor, or Pit's favor, and why? If Pit is a counter, is he a straight counter, or only somewhat better? What does Yoshi do that makes the matchup difficult for you, and what do you think gives Yoshi the most trouble?

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I love yoshi : pit. I'd say it's at our advantage.
What to watch out for.. He has some nice "combos", and as we don't have a real "combo breaker", it can get annoying. However he can't cg you, he shouldn't be a threat offstage, he has trouble killing, just like us, perhaps even worse (never get above him however). Arrows are good, his shield sucks.
if he tries to approach you with airdodge shenanigans, pivot grab, if you see him approaching with bair, pivot grab... If found it really useful.
AR can **** his recovery, or give him some nice % if you catch him with it at the edge cause if he airdodges, he's screwed.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
be careful as i found out he can follow us under BF and SV but one footstool and he's doomed. if you just play normal generic pit you will beat yoshi. however his uair>anything you think you can hit him from above with

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
What's the best way to DI out of Pit's F-smash? DI'ing in the other direction isn't helping me much.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I'm scared of Yoshis, only crazy people use Yoshi and I never met or played a Yoshi who wouldn't 2-3 stock me. :(

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Damn, dtilt is REALLY good on Snake when hes near the ledge! It puts him at the perfect height for a f-air wall of pain :D

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
People don't generally get out of the second hit of F-smash unless they DI perfectly with both sticks but because its multi hit everyone can DI the second hit easily.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Split with Illamtic? Nice. You should teach me :o

I would use Pit in regular tournament but I feel like it would be a wasted effort since I main Snake and D3. I always found him fun. Plus a close friend of mine/mentor who pushed me to be a solid player mained Pit and taught me "It's about the player and not just the character.

@Krys: I didn't know you use Pit :o

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Split with Illamtic? Nice. You should teach me :o

I would use Pit in regular tournament but I feel like it would be a wasted effort since I main Snake and D3. I always found him fun. Plus a close friend of mine/mentor who pushed me to be a solid player mained Pit and taught me "It's about the player and not just the character.

@Krys: I didn't know you use Pit :o
10thumbsup

only reason i use Pit is cuz ik its more the player than the character so long as the player can utilize that characters tools. I main Pit snake falco now. just started pickn up falco though.

Top Bottom