• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
hmmm interested to hear this one as well cuz i use to do it w/o getting grabbed cuz i would slide but idk lately...

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
This may be a stupid question... How you b-reverse an arrow while keeping your momentum forward (so you are moving in the same direction in the air you originally were going but have reversed position so you are shooting an arrow the opposite direction)?

I can do b-reversal grounded and in the air, but I can't keep my momentum in the air, I always force-turn around and move backwards.
You don't b-reverse. You just RAR arrow. I.E run away pivot jump and shoot.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
The timing is key to your actions, I'm not really sure what the question is but..

If you are moving towards the right while in the air and hit B and tap left before your arrow comes out you will pull out an arrow towards the left and your horizontal momentum will completely shift from right to left.

If you are moving towards the right while in the air slightly move your analog to the left and hit B you will directly out an arrow to the left but your momentum will be towards the right.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Just wanted to clarify something about stale moves.

Do you stale out moves even if you miss with them or they get shielded?

Also, does hitting with the sourspotted bair stale out a sweetspotted bair making it harder to kill?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Also, how does staleness exactly work. Is there a level for repetitions of a move used like:

1x - fresh (best killing potential)
2x - slightly fresh (good killing potential)
3x - slightly stale (bad killing potential)
4x or more - will not kill lol

And getting 9 hits of a different attack will fully refresh a move, correct?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Depends on which moves you mean. Ie, arrows stale after 3-4 shots meaning it goes from 5% to 4% and etc. Moves like Side b and nair and uair have Less stale. Like mk's nado doesn't stale as much as lets say his d-smash. Meaning mutlihit moves don't stale too often. Uh Bair stales after 1-2 clean hits. It also stales when sour spotted. The refresh move Jab 1 refreshes. Apparently Jab 2 doesn't. Jab 3 does. Uptilt is actually better when staled. The only moves I can see of Pit ever getting stale Are F-smash and Arrows. Pummels also help recover from stale. I think it's 5-10 Moves to refresh or getting killed, then coming in on a new stock.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Theres a queue of the last 10 moves you hit with, depending where they are on the queue, depends how stale they are. If they're not on the queue, then they are "fresh" and will do an extra 5% knockback and damage. So a move that does 20 damage will do 21 damage if it hasn't been used in the last 10 hits. It goes something like this.
0x = 105%, Fully fresh, does an additional 5% extra damage and knockback.
1x = 95%, fresh
2x = 90%, still fresh
3x = 85%, getting stale, but can still kill sometimes.
4x+ = 80%, 75%, etc. And most likely isn't going to kill.

It may not seem like it, but that 10% REALLY makes a difference. You can also unstale moves by hitting things like statues, balloons or shy guys.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Important question what stage should i ban vs Falco with Pit and what stage should i ban vs sheik and what stage should i ban vs fox and vs kirby, rob, and zamus. whats my best cp? i generally just do well on delphino regardless so ill use that if i dont know. and what neutral is best to fight sheik, kirby and zamus on.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
You'd probably want to ban FD against falco. His chaingrab is beastly there as well as his laser/side-b camping. CP a stage with a lot of platforms. I would definitely go with Norfair if it's legal. Delphino seems cool too though, but he could get you with a water spike there and his bair would have more killing potential with the small side blast zones. Rainbow Cruise seems curious, I've never played a falco there.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Important question what stage should i ban vs Falco with Pit and what stage should i ban vs sheik and what stage should i ban vs fox and vs kirby, rob, and zamus. whats my best cp? i generally just do well on delphino regardless so ill use that if i dont know. and what neutral is best to fight sheik, kirby and zamus on.
A stage that moves seems good vs Falco. Frigate is Rob's best stage, and I believe Kirby does pretty well there too. A stage w/ platforms should work well for fox, and idk about ZSS.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
take falco fox and sheik to brainstar and shark, arrows dont get messed up by the stage

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Yeah, that confused me too lol. I'm pretty sure they hit those gooey parts that can break. I'd much rather norfair because I just never liked brinstar in any of the smash games.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Brinstar is good for faster kills and sharking, bad for arrows.

But then again, arrows can be curved around obstacles and sparingly used, and very useful when keeping your distance on platforms with acid rising.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
You need to mash the both sticks as fast as you can to get out of multi-hits. If Snake is going toward you (let's say left to right) , try to SDI behind him, smash your sticks to the left. Is he's spacing it, kinda retreating, (still facing right but going backward), smash your sticks to the right.

You can get a Bair in by SDIing a nair °v° realllllly sweet

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
What do you guys think of Pit Vs. Lucario, honestly at this point?

After playing against my room mate's lucario for almost 2 hours straight (he's been relearning him after picking him back up again), I've started to see patterns and openings in Lucario's movement. I feel like the match is definitely in our favor but only by a little bit... But both boards, by their respective, older matchup exports, seem to say it's in Luc's favor...

What is your guys' two cents?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i say its 50:50. ive played this mu alot and pit out camps lucario and has good priority on his moves. lucario however outranges us and has aura. he his heavier so hes harder to kill and our multi hit moveset is great for his aura feed. your jab and his tilts will constantly be battling but infinite always takes the prize if he is in jab range. total 50:50

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
If we could reliably kill @ 130%, I'd say about even, but unfortunately he's gonna live longer than this and become really dangerous. I starts off good for us and ends up bad; about 55:45/50:50

his dair is annoying at any percent

dskank

Smash Journeyman
this match is all about that first stock, aftr lulu gets to about 100% his fsmash can kill us near the edge really low, like 70%, but if pit wins the first stock luc cant kill us till hes about 50% if were at high % already, so that first life is what matters most, id call 53-47 lulu's favor

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I say it's 50:50 from experience. It's really just a game of who has more skill. Lucario roll is pretty much on par's w/ Pit's roll so their defensive mechanics are very similar. The KO factor doesn't really play much of a roll imo because if we are KO'd 1st, then he will have lot's of trouble KOing us. He also loses to our ledgecamping and it would be risky to attempt to punish us because one hit(from Pit-offstage) can ruin his stock.

Matches to watch: Admiral & Esca's Pit vs Lucario

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Here's my opinion:

Definitely not Lucario's favor by any means. I'm willing to say it's 50:50, but I think it might even be 55:45 Pit's favor, simply because our best kill move (imo), bair, can land most of the time and maybe take traded damage from his aerials, primarily fair or nair...

Arrows help a lot, and looping arrows to control his space (since he has limited ground speed, beyond his roll) can easily pressure a Lucario. Even so, arrow-looping isn't even your greatest asset.

Your reflectors play a big part in either mind-gaming Luc to not or TO shoot aura spheres, and reflecting said aura spheres in a variety of situations. Hell, even mirror shield is good to use to reverse his fair-fair-nair stuff and make him go off stage with his horribly-hard to control momentum from floatiness (he practically floats forward all by himself!)

Close quarters combat is very much in Pit's favor because he can outplay Luc with excessive aggressive moves, while staying clear of his grab range (single jabs, double jabs, jab infinites, d-tilts, f-tilt when you're feeling an stutter-fsmash (still gotta be moderately close but not that close)). Pit's aerials are great because of their range as well, and landing a fair on Luc's shield pushes him good enough to where you won't be punished too harshly if at all.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I've played junebug's luc online with my wario before, I think. I know what you mean. Until I can get adequate experience like yourself, all I'll be left with is my own devices... Mmm... I wish MW had a better lineup of Lucs.

I'm super interested in this matchup because, people say it's even or Luc's favor, but it's SO much easier than Snake TO ME you know? I don't know.

(edit: to be honest, though, I feed on aggro playstyles, I love them, it's so much easier to keep up and do stuff I wouldn't normally be able to do if they were just playing safe and camping all the time. I played Anti's falco last night for instance, on wifi, and he was going super hardcore-stylish and aggro on me but it didn't do any good for him, I beat his Falco at every turn. Then he went to Diddy (I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Anti's tho...), beat him once, crazy wifi monkey lol, and then finally someone went IC's (beat him once too out of the two times)

I LOVE Aggro players so much fun

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
of course snake is harder than lucario. snake is snake. lucario is lucario. just referance the tier list lol. however doesn't mean they can't both play at a level to go 50:50 with us. it all depends on whose play style is superior

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
of course snake is harder than lucario. snake is snake. lucario is lucario. just referance the tier list lol. however doesn't mean they can't both play at a level to go 50:50 with us. it all depends on whose play style is superior
lol u just perfectly exemplified why matchup numbers are overrated. Ppl should forget the numbers and just focus on the knowlege of the mu, and of disadvanatages/advantages.

I'd explain what i mean but i got to go beddy bai ;D

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I know exactly what you mean Kuro, it's perfect and sound logic to avoid tiers and matchup briefs in order to gain a better insight on particular matchups. We're all different, are we not? How one person thinks of a particular matchup will differ completely to another person. It's one thing when you consider the tools a character has; it's another when you describe the way the player uses them :)

I just hope to accomplish as much as I can for Pit while I'm active, I'm dedicating a lot of time to this character and I'm hoping my efforts become fruitful next tournament.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I know exactly what you mean Kuro, it's perfect and sound logic to avoid tiers and matchup briefs in order to gain a better insight on particular matchups. We're all different, are we not? How one person thinks of a particular matchup will differ completely to another person. It's one thing when you consider the tools a character has; it's another when you describe the way the player uses them :)

I just hope to accomplish as much as I can for Pit while I'm active, I'm dedicating a lot of time to this character and I'm hoping my efforts become fruitful next tournament.
I did something i never thought i would do....im droppin snake till i can go all the way with Pit this coming year of 2011....its gonna be my pits year.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hell im getting to the point where i can only play pit anyways. no one else just seems to fit me. good call on that decision tho kuro. your gonna rank with pit i knows it

Top Bottom