• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

dskank

Smash Journeyman
anyone else notice that on stages where part of the gound is at an angle(like he 2nd part of frigate orphan) the ar becomes beast, it completly walls everything pits need to abuse this, if this is already known then ignore this post

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Just wanted to touch on one thing I read a few pages back:

Pit's fasest aerial is down-air, but his fastest horizontal-momentum canceler is to air dodge.

Looking at frame data, Pit's air dodge is 39 frames, his down air is 36 frames. But, when you're hit, you can airdodge 14 frames after being hit, when it takes 26 frames before you can do an aerial. Therefore, it takes a total of 53 frames before you can jump when you airdodge, and 62 frames before you can jump when you do an aerial. I'm not sure on the frame data for Pit's aerial jumps, but I'm pretty sure 9 frames is a solid reason to air-dodge instead of aerial.

Link 1
Link 2

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
I already knew that airdodge was faster.
I believe it was something like this:
You don't fastfall when you airdodge, that's why you should do an aerial when you're hit vertically. It doesn't matters what aerial because the fastfall animation starts at the same frame for any aerial, but c stick dair is recommended because that automatically fastfalls.

I'm not sure about horizontal or diagonal distance though, I personally DI with dair and I live until pretty high percentages. I noticed that Earth(the Japanese Pit) DI's with airdodge, and he lives till high percentages too imo. Someone should test this out, or find someone who can give you the answer.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Oh I know not to air dodge for vertical, I mentioned horizontally specifically. But anyway lol, going by frame data, there isn't any testing that needs to be done. I have heard that fast falling slows horizontal momentum as well though, in which case I guess it's be useful to test if the momentum saved from that is better than the earlier jump time.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
Oops, didn't read that. Anyways according to your data, airdodge is the best option, yeah. But the data in those links is false. You can't airdodge at frame 14 and do an aerial at frame 26. That data would mean that a LOT of top players like Ally(since he DI's with bair and not with airdodge) are DI'ing wrong. I simply cannot believe that after a few years of brawl's release, top players are DI'ing the wrong way. I'd suggest taking this 'really old' information to a more general thread or show it to players that know a lot about frame data because it'd mean that a lot of characters should airdodge instead of doing an aerial.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
how do u beat olimar this match gives me hell
It depends on witch counterpick stage you feel better.
I actually prefer Frigate Orpheon, but it has a low ceiling so you gotta be aware of it.

You don't have to mind so much of his pikimins. Face him. Don't edge plank or you'll get caught. Olimar ALWAYS DI up, so put in your mind that all of your follow ups will be on the air.
Abuse of nairs and rising nair for follow ups.

That's all i can say.
The rest is about experience.
Good luck.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
how do u pivot arrows?
1) Run
2) Release quickly
3) Press B
4) Use the control stick & move it in the direction you want to shoot arrows.
5) Pivot arrows is really another name for Pit's b-stick special move.
6) You can b-stick all of his specials, except up-b
7) If you do it right, your momentum from running should be canceled into a special move

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
1) Run
2) Release quickly
3) Press B
4) Use the control stick & move it in the direction you want to shoot arrows.
5) Pivot arrows is really another name for Pit's b-stick special move.
6) You can b-stick all of his specials, except up-b
7) If you do it right, your momentum from running should be canceled into a special move
Just incase you want to know why its useful than turning around. Its way faster. About 7 frames faster plus no need to stop. Its almost instant usually surprise your opponents.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Has anyone known about this?:

WoI ledge "Fake out", with an up and down variation. If you WoI just on the ledge when running at it, you will fall off without the WoI activated, but can still use them again.

If you press the jump button at the edge of doing this, you do it the same way only you jump immediately into your second jump.

I call it the Woifo (Wings of Icarus Fake Out) lol, I'm pretty sure it's known, but it seems useful for mix ups and try to get into glide mode a bit faster I think.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Is Fthrow>dash attack>utilt/usmash really a safe string? I really dislike being killed in the middle of it by a nair or Bup ._.

Also, what recoveries can AR screw up? I know of yoshi's, I guess sonic's too, but what else?

And yah a thread about cgs would be awesome OwO

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Is Fthrow>dash attack>utilt/usmash really a safe string? I really dislike being killed in the middle of it by a nair or Bup ._.

Also, what recoveries can AR screw up? I know of yoshi's, I guess sonic's too, but what else?

And yah a thread about cgs would be awesome OwO
That combo isn't really safe, since the dash attack has a bunch of lag, enemies will be able to react in time for the next attack. If you want to still use Usmash, just use Fthrow>Usmash or Fthrow>Fthrow>Usmash. Other good combos are Fthrow>Stutterstep Fsmash and Fthrow>Fthrow>Stutterstep Fsmash.

AR can also screw up the space animals Up B if you time it right. But it's better to either attack them out of their Up B, or reflect it.

We do have a thread, but as Mysterious Silver said, we don't have much information on it.

Top Bottom