• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Found my iPod Touch after a year and a half of not having it. It was in some random box my dad put in my brother's closet. :facepalm: Awesome though ;D

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I decided to clean my room. Almost done~
I HAVE SO MUCH ROOM FOR ACTIVITIES AND STORAGE OF SKETCHBOOKS AND MY PS3 CAN NOW LIVE IN MY ROOM
Yaaaaay <3

And Im finally done with high school~ Headed off to the Art Inst. of Pittsburgh in August~

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
new pics of an island i explored off town :9

i took this to get there

... there's nothing out here...

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
i am happy.

any1 else agree that girlfriends make us even more unhappy? id love to say they r a waste of time and money, since i am currently in high school, but who doesnt want a girlfriend?

ah but it doesnt matter because IT'S ****ING SUMMER!

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
i dont think it's just to have 1, for me at least...

i always long for some1 i can talk to, who will like me for who i am and not who i should be. some1 to share what im thinking, feeling. im not gonna do that **** with my guy friends.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Cao, I am so jealous o___o that place looks gorgeous!
And good job, Palpi : o Biking is such a good hobby to have!

Palpi

Smash Hero
Biking is really fun. So are swings!

CA5H - The worst thing you can do in a relationship or leading up to a relationship is "TRYING" to get them to like you. In a legitimate relationship, neither person should have to "TRY" to get the other's approval, acceptance, liking, etc. You shouldn't have to try, because if you do have to try, you aren't being yourself to the fullest extent. This is why I never look for a relationship, I never try to be in a relationship, if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't and I miss my chance with someone...what ever, always another chance down the road :)

Also, since I started college (finished my freshmen year) I have new appreciation for my friends, since I don't see them as much. It seems like we got closer as a group of 6-7 friends, and I can talk about things I wouldn't normally talk about, like relationships, emotional stuff, etc...It is kind of refreshing. :)

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Biking is really fun. So are swings!

CA5H - The worst thing you can do in a relationship or leading up to a relationship is "TRYING" to get them to like you. In a legitimate relationship, neither person should have to "TRY" to get the other's approval, acceptance, liking, etc. You shouldn't have to try, because if you do have to try, you aren't being yourself to the fullest extent. This is why I never look for a relationship, I never try to be in a relationship, if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't and I miss my chance with someone...what ever, always another chance down the road :)

Also, since I started college (finished my freshmen year) I have new appreciation for my friends, since I don't see them as much. It seems like we got closer as a group of 6-7 friends, and I can talk about things I wouldn't normally talk about, like relationships, emotional stuff, etc...It is kind of refreshing. :)
would u say then it's not right to try to love some1? ive known many peopel that r dating, and 1 doesnt even like the other 1 from the start but "learns to love" them. god knows their "relationships" r longer than mine haha.

but it's gorgeous out and i got to swim, woohoo~

Palpi

Smash Hero
Well, that is probably why 99.9% of highschool relationships end...and divorce rates are so high. :)

It isn't about how long you last in a relationship, its about finding that one person, and lasting...forever. Anything prior to that, doesn't matter. :awesome:

It is kind of cloudy/overcast in pennsylvania today, but it is beautiful temperature!

Palpi

Smash Hero
Haha, no problem "cash" ;)

I love the happy thread! I am almost always happy, we be having good times!

I have summer session starting in 20 days, but I am only taking 1 class, so that is good :)

Palpi

Smash Hero
i used to be negative all the time, but being negative sucks. happiness ftw!
I agree, being negative sucks. The idea of perspective aids in happiness, for if you think negatively, you will perceive things as negative. On the contrary, if you think you think as positive, things will end up...positive. For instance, if you make it a point to see the inherit good in people, more than the evil, you will more often than not, be pleased or atleast acknowledge the good in people.

This same idea goes even deeper, from my Philosophy of Religion class. In Taoism, they believe the world is built on opposites. Without, these opposites, the world wouldn't live in the harmony we see before us. Good cannot exist without evil, light without dark, big without small, life without death etc.

What seems to help me understand people and their motives behind actions and so on, is understanding that just because someone opposes me, doesn't mean they are wrong, or I am wrong. Just because someone does things that are completely opposite of things I would do, or hold value to, doesn't mean they are evil. For example, did Hitler think he was evil? He thought he was cleansing the earth of impurity. Making a smaller, more concise, master race would aid in the overall survival of the human race, but he is killing innocent people which is..wrong.

My philosophy teacher taught me that pretty much...there is no right and wrong, just conflicting view points. The way to avoid arguments, especially in a relationship is to understand this, even though it can be hard to act upon.

I don't know why I wrote all of this haha! :awesome:

Maybe because I think about it a lot and it makes me happy...

HAPPY THREAD!

@luigitoilet I completely, agree with you. I don't try to be happy, I don't try to be sad. I just "Be" and whatever happens happens :)

Van.

Smash Ace
I only have two exams left, one of which is completely negligible, before summer. This makes me happy.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
My house won't have broadband till next Monday, but my phone has a portable hotspot feature.

The world is beautiful.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
So, is this the weather channel now? bad jk lol

I'm happy because I'm at work and it's almost time to go home.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Palpi is a cool guy, I found this out while Crashboards was down.

I'm happy because I have finished all my driving lessons.

Time to get my full licence now.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I slept for 9 hours, after a fun movie night with my friends! We watched, 2001, a dr who episode, and being John mallovich.

Thanks! You are cool as well sentinel!

:phone:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'm gonna sleep now then workout loads tomorrow.

I haven't pushed myself hard in ages.

It's gonna feel so good/bad hahah.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Had one of the best nights ever!

The three of us, Brigette, Adam and myself went into the city with no plan. Craving of karaoke propelled us; coming across a place by chance that allowed anyone to get up and sing, so long as they had bought a drink from the bar. We sang "Follow me" by Uncle Kraker. "Thriller" by MJ and "Now you're gone" by Basshunter XD We sounded terribad but great fun. Went and got pizza after, documenting on camera video as we go. Bought similar but different wrist things.
Talk of strippers, Briggete seems more excited to go then us guys, off we go to 2 strip places and both fail. Sudden urge to dance, hit the clubs for the rest of the night. Grab fast food at a 24 hour place at 4am.

Cab back to friends house, hot drinks, watch random stuff on youtube, laugh our *** off to Keyboard Cat, high as ****. Put in a DVD for aerobics, exhausted and give in to sleep for 3 hours.
Up and delicious pancakes are made. Transport to the market and buy a few kilos of mandarins. Amazing times were had, imma so happy!

Smash Master
Watching the original Karate Kid for the first time ever.

Good movie.

Palpi

Smash Hero
My band put on our best show yet, with a 45 minute set last night. We definitely performed up to par with our other shows, but with each show it gets easier and easier to open up, and our stage presence was a lot better, and I was having a lot of fun. We also made like 40 bucks from selling our demo :D

Top Bottom