• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GtaN Brawl General discussion thread! -Wait, did the title change?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Its kind of bad to say this when you spend your time around here cruxis.

If you don't stop saying its bad then stop showing up on the boards...

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Its kind of bad to say this when you spend your time around here cruxis.

If you don't stop saying its bad then stop showing up on the boards...

oh because im the only member here who thinks brawl is stupid right :laugh:

if it bothers you so much then dont read it, hell you shouldnt be in this thread anyway this isnt your scene

Gichan

Smash Champion
I don't play brawl and I still come on smashboards too much. I love the ****ing scene, some of the best people I've met, I can't talk to them justc ause I don't play brawl? Gtfo sword think about it.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I don't play brawl and I still come on smashboards too much. I love the ****ing scene, some of the best people I've met, I can't talk to them justc ause I don't play brawl? Gtfo sword think about it.
So much truth. The same applies to me.

I'll still come out to chill and you know, socialize.

D

Deleted member

yayyy you guys finally see the light :)

hey but project melee is pro, i hope people will come out for that. don't toss your game out for that reason

swordgard

Smash Hero
yayyy you guys finally see the light :)

hey but project melee is pro, i hope people will come out for that. don't toss your game out for that reason
As much as I look forward to it, I fail to see how its going to be anything but another niche community like b+.

.Marik

is a social misfit
As much as I look forward to it, I fail to see how its going to be anything but another niche community like b+.
LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

You have no idea how much Project Melee is taking off.

A lot of top level Melee players gave this project positive feedback. Which means, it has credibility and was handled in the correct manner, pleasing the Melee community.

Which was the entire point, but unlike Brawl+, they were actually successful in doing so.

Project M is going to explode once the finalized version is released.

5ive

Smash Champion
LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

You have no idea how much Project Melee is taking off.

A lot of top level Melee players gave this project positive feedback. Which means, it has credibility and was handled in the correct manner, pleasing the Melee community.

Which was the entire point, but unlike Brawl+, they were actually successful in doing so.

Project M is going to explode once the finalized version is released.
It's funny too, because the leaders of Project M were at one point the leaders of Brawl+. Pretty ironic, but they've learned from their mistakes, and Project M truly has the potential to be more than a "niche" community.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I just had one of the best times of my life.

Also, stoned as fuck right now yeeaaaaah. :yoshi:

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
@Marik Can you send me your address in my mailbox ? Maybe we can set something up this week. I've added you on msn but i haven't logged on since i'm in Canada. (bladeboys@hotmail.be)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Official BBR Recommended Rule List 3.0

New rules for Brawl!

HIGHLIGHTS

1. New stage List

The below Starter/Counter list has a list of three stages, followed by three sections of two stages each. In order to use this, start with the top three stages in the list, and adjust the starter list between 3 and 9 stages by going down the list and adding the next two stages until the desired number of stages is reached. Keep in mind that "Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium" is a correct use of this, but "Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Final Destination" is not. Go down the list; do not mix and match. Any remaining stages not used in the Starter list will be moved to the tournament's Counter list.

The Counterpick list is a list of stages that should be universally allowed as legal Counterpick stages.

The Counter/Banned list is a list of stages that may be allowed as a legal Counterpick stage or banned from tournament play based on the tournament organizer's discretion.

The Banned list is a list of stages that should be universally banned from tournament play.

Starter/Counter

* Battlefield
    * Yoshi's Island
    * Smashville

* Lylat Cruise
    * Pokémon Stadium

* Final Destination
    * Castle Siege

* Delfino Plaza
    * Halberd

Counterpick

* Luigi's Mansion
    * Norfair
    * Frigate Orpheon
    * Pokémon Stadium 2
    * Port Town Aero Dive
    * Distant Planet
    * Pictochat
    * Jungle Japes
    * Rainbow Cruise
    * Green Greens
    * Brinstar

Counter/Banned

* Yoshi's Island (Melee)
    * Pirate Ship

Banned

* Mushroomy Kingdom 1
    * Mushroomy Kingdom 2
    * Mario Circuit
    * Rumble Falls
    * Bridge of Eldin
    * Spear Pillar
    * Wario Ware
    * New Pork City
    * Summit
    * Skyworld
    * 75m
    * Mario Bros.
    * Flat Zone 2
    * Hanenbow
    * Shadow Moses Island
    * Green Hill Zone
    * Temple
    * Onett
    * Corneria
    * Big Blue
    interesting :o

2. Bowser doesn't auto win from a suicide claw

The Bowser suicide klaw rule present in the SBR Ruleset 2.0 has been removed.

The BBR now recommends that the game's verdict should always be honored; a victory screen should decide the winner. Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
    **** bowser!

3. Ledge Grab Rules are extremely looked down upon

The BBR is opposed to the institution of a Ledge Grab Limit of any number (for any character) for use in determining the winner of a match by time out.
    now MK can plank :(

4. All infinites allowed (even marth on lucas and DDD standing/walking :o)

Except as noted in the definition of stalling, the BBR is opposed to the banning or restriction of any character's infinites.
    the way it shud have been imo

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
All of those are very good changes to the ruleset. 'bout time we see a more diverse stagelist. Every one of those stages can be practices on and you can account for anything that happens on any of them....with the exception of random glitches on green greens XD

Can't sleep.... Apex in 2 days

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Community:"hey guys planking seems to be a problem in our scene, people are abusing ledge grabs to win matches. We are trying to implement rules to limit these tactics."

Smashboards: "LOLOL NO WE R OPPOSED TO IT WE WANT ALL MATCHES TO GO TO TIMEOUT WITH PLAYERS JUMPING UP AND DOWN ON LEDGES, THATS WHAT BRAWL IS ALL ABOUT LOL"

whatever, at least its just "looked down upon" and not forbidden by the rules.

Community: "Hey guys I main Ness/Lucas/DK and I play very well with the characters, but it seems that every time I get far somebody will just pick Marth/DDD and abuse their infinites on me. This discourages me to use my main, a character I have practiced very hard with, and a character I love to play as."

Smashboards: "LOL TOO BAD INFINITIES ALLOWED LOLOLOL"

.Marik

is a social misfit
Community:"hey guys planking seems to be a problem in our scene, people are abusing ledge grabs to win matches. We are trying to implement rules to limit these tactics."

Smashboards: "LOLOL NO WE R OPPOSED TO IT WE WANT ALL MATCHES TO GO TO TIMEOUT WITH PLAYERS JUMPING UP AND DOWN ON LEDGES, THATS WHAT BRAWL IS ALL ABOUT LOL"

Community: "Hey guys I main Ness/Lucas/DK and I play very well with the characters, but it seems that every time I get far somebody will just pick Marth/DDD and abuse their infinites on me. This discourages me to use my main, a character I have practiced very hard with, and a character I love to play as."

:yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi:

Brawl. Such a fun game to play competitively.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Clearly, this ruleset was made with only one thing in mind:

:metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight:

all this promotes is picking up MK.

I really hope that TOs choose to ignore this shit.

Iliad

Smash Lord
OFFICIAL INGCBBR UPDATE

All of the BBR's ******** rules shall be ignored, and tourneys will forever remain unstupid so long as I host them.

That is all.

INGCBBR = Iliad's non-gay competitive brawl back room

Tin Man

Smash Hero

I really hate this :(

I agree with the decision to allow all infinities.

:yoshi: :yoshi: :yoshi:

Brawl. Such a fun game to play competitively.
I agree ;)

Clearly, this ruleset was made with only one thing in mind:

[collapse=Meta Knight da BESS!]

:metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight:

[/collapse]

all this promotes is picking up MK.

I really hope that TOs choose to ignore this shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVFpRQdOuQ0

Gichan

Smash Champion
omg I ****ing loved that song, that was just amazing. Perfect artistic expression of what we complain about. What's funny is my favourite part is at the end when he is saying, "don't take it personal, we don't when you run the whole match and press B" LOLOLOLOL.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
did you hear the news? slowpoke is getting an alternate evolution in the brand new pokemon games, pokemon gold and silver! its called slowking!! im so excited

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
the real quesiton is why are there female slowkings if women can't be kings

Gichan

Smash Champion
The only thing I find done well in the new ruleset is the new stagelist, MUCH more diversity which gives a lot of low tiers a chance, but none that can help against mk sadly.

I can't believe hey couldn't deal with mk and infinites, wtf...how ****ing stupid. This game would be really **** good without mk.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
The only thing I find done well in the new ruleset is the new stagelist, MUCH more diversity which gives a lot of low tiers a chance, but none that can help against mk sadly.

I can't believe hey couldn't deal with mk and infinites, wtf...how ****ing stupid. This game would be really **** good without mk.
even if the new stagelist can benefit more characters, guess who it benefits the most?

MK.

Watch me win the match by jumping on one of norfairs over 9000 ledges over and over again and pressing B when you get close

im sure i dont need to explain mks advantage on luigis, this scene has already seen that

etc etc

btw u still need to host that last tourney before i leave!!

PND

Smash Champion
Port Town = Metaknight runs away until you get hit by a car or the stage loses it's edges. Then it's gimp town.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
^I'm also excited for port town

even if the new stagelist can benefit more characters, guess who it benefits the most?

MK.

Watch me win the match by jumping on one of norfairs over 9000 ledges over and over again and pressing B when you get close

im sure i dont need to explain mks advantage on luigis, this scene has already seen that
U aint seen my ROB/Olimar on Luigi's ;)

btw u still need to host that last tourney before i leave!!
Just go to the one in dtown toronto on the 21st/22nd =/

Top Bottom