• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gta+Niagara Brawl Power Rankings! (last updated 06/28. OMG RLY!?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I automatically get first for beating all your ***** with a snotty princess. That's a taunt in itself. Especially since you're all higher tier than me!

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Sorry Niko but being a cross dressing stoner doesn't grant PR ratings instantly. Less you show up to yer tourney in a pink dress and when you beat somebody you blow them a kiss and say "Sweet"

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Sorry Niko but being a cross dressing stoner doesn't grant PR ratings instantly. Less you show up to yer tourney in a pink dress and when you beat somebody you blow them a kiss and say "Sweet"
agreed

doing what Rob just said would certainly earn my nomination for a PR spot

Taunting is cereal buisness manz

zaf

Smash Lord
i think that the gtan pr should be updated to about 15 players.

ontario has so much talent that is hard to not credit people for such great play

imo chaotic needs to be placed higher

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
10 makes it less definitive because there are definitely 15 people in this scene that have the skill to be on the PR (and theres definiely 20 guys minimum that can all compete for those spots minus the top 5 spots)

Mikey7

Smash Lord
If it isn't 15 PR and 5 U and C, then I think that the panelists should consider expanding the U and C section to 7 or 10 people. I know alot of people who played extremely well at LBT but won't get the recognition they deserve because the scene is very competitive and so the result is they might get discouraged (examples of these people being fatal, carter, gi, and more that I can't think of right now). People who didn't show up may also be affected.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Funny enough, but a panelist already brought up the 10 to 15 switch idea in a convo with me.
With any luck we can get the final discussion done tonight, and the switch will definitely be discussed.

I for one would rather cut off the up and comers list if we are to do a 15 man pr. Considering it is very hard to make it within the top 6 or so spots, if the list was 15 that leaves 9 spots of more obtainable fluidity for slightly less extraordinary (but otherwise very good) players.

If we have too many openings for everyone to get on the pr, then it lessens its value, it shouldn't exactly be easy.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Hell yeah, Niko should be a panelist for sure!

And I don't know where I stand on the 10 or 15 man PR. Either way, I'll find a way on it.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Ya i agree with mikey and i support the 15 man pr too because the scene is so competitive and theres alot of people who deserve pr spots or atleast up and comer and if theres only a 10 man pr they wouldnt even be recognized which wouldnt be fair

D

Deleted member

making it 15 man just includes people that basically just need to train harder

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
lul. Looking at the scene right now, if theres an extra 5 people on the PR. Its constantly going to be changing, lol.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Ok you guys, I want everyone's opinion, a little something of a poll:
Has our scene grown to the skill level that having 15 spots is reasonable and appropriate, or not?
Yay or nay.

(Ultimately it'll be the decision of the panelists but the general communities opinion is always taken into account.)

pastaboy

Smash Champion
although a 15 man wuld be good. remember a pr ranking spots go to players who are always showign up to our tournments and placing, not just placing high once.That is why i think it shuld be down over a 2 tournement period instead of officially changing it after just 1. We are seeing alot of players latly but who knows how long they will stick around. We also have been seeing players randomly leave then comeback all of the sudden and not really taking an intrest in the community.

my vote is 10 pr
also because it rllly shows who the top players are.

Gichan

Smash Champion
really really hard to say....the scene's level of skill has greatly increased, and there are many great players, but yes, having 15 with no upcomers means it is slightly easier to get on that list which is so valued.

But, I would hate to not see Nickcam, pyrnight, carter, cyan, etc not on that list.

So my vote is 15 man PR

And I just saw Jarred's post, the whole thing about inconsisten players is true, something should be done about those players. there are many, including myself, who make sure to go to almost every tournament while others appear once or twice and get a spot, I think that is bull****!

Mikey7

Smash Lord
A larger up and comers would be ideal. Tells people OK, you're doing it right, just train a bit harder. But excluding people who played very well sucks and is discouraging.

Tournaments are extremely competitive, half the pools are death pools.

IMO the ideal situation: 10 PR, 7-10 U and C
In this context: 15 PR, 4-5 U and C is my vote.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i think 15 and 5 would be best aswell.. also, how much do doubles factor into this, cuz id imagine singles have a heavier effect correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom