• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The `Greatest Thread in the Universe` Meta-Thread

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Pfft how old are you guys : (

I'm making ma zelda gaem and I need sum CRASHiC to test some new ****, but he's offline. boredom has stricken me.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Getting 12 inches of snow bla bla bla won't be here for a few days as I stay at a hotel bla bla bla working at a 24 hour dinner sucks bla bla bla snow is amazing bla bla bla just got SF4 can't play for a few days cause of thsi :( bla bla bla suck a snow man's **** those who ain't got it.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Getting 12 inches of snow bla bla bla won't be here for a few days as I stay at a hotel bla bla bla working at a 24 hour dinner sucks bla bla bla snow is amazing bla bla bla just got SF4 can't play for a few days cause of thsi :( bla bla bla suck a snow man's **** those who ain't got it.
SFIV is gay lol, but yeah we are getting snowed in too.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Lucky people D: I want snowwwwww.
We havent had a white christmas time in years...and its freaking ohio.

Does anyone here have little siblings?
I officially adore my little sister at the moment. Spammed my friend through my AIM, spam texted him from her phone, then sang (very badly) "I'll be there" by the jackson 5 into his voicemail. It made my day.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Lucky people D: I want snowwwwww.
We havent had a white christmas time in years...and its freaking ohio.

Does anyone here have little siblings?
I officially adore my little sister at the moment. Spammed my friend through my AIM, spam texted him from her phone, then sang (very badly) "I'll be there" by the jackson 5 into his voicemail. It made my day.
I have 2 sisters.
And my parents are divorced.

Living with 3 women isn't always fun :mad:
SFIV is gay lol, but yeah we are getting snowed in too.
Even holland has snow D: **** you clouds!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'd much rather play SF4 than a game riddled with a combo heavy system anyday. Honestly, that's boring as hell to watch someone get hit when they can't do anything back. I find 0 enjoyment in preforming or watching combos.

Posting from inside a hotel, barried in snow, and its going to keep on snowing. Right now its throwing down some ice from the sky and around 10 it switches back to snow for the next 24 hours and then it'll stop. Should be back home monday.

noradseven

Smash Lord
play games with cooler combos lol, also the problem with SFIV is at its roots its random.....third strike is awesome though, and im sure SFIV will get better with more revisions.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
What's the difference between a controller being unplugged and a combo? Nothing. Seriously. Combos are the single most overrated thing ever. When Oro is getting off, what, 10 to 15 juggling hits in the corner, I'm suppose to believe that's skillful, fun, or exciting? I'd rather see them standing still, because then they will at least be on even footing, instead of someone's controller being essentially unplugged.

SFIV finals aren't won by random people. We can still see a seperation between the pros, the tops, and the mid level players. If any sort of randomness was the problem, then such wouldn't be the case. Very randomly do I ever see any match boiling down to random elements or decisions. The closest you could claim would be Sagat dittos, but even then, its still minimal. It comes down to paying careful attention of meter and your ability to close the gap between the other Sagat. **** man, I saw one Sagat gradually push another one back against a corner with very smart, very sneaky placment of approaches, he won the match against the 'patient *** sagat.'

Also, Third Strike is about as balanced as Smash, with one of the worst universal ATs ever that actually causes the game to become unbalanced.

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
I like 3s, but I don't play it competitively hop on way to late. From what I've heard and seen of the 3s scene is it is pretty unbalance to the point where only like the top five tiers should be used in tourney play and Chun is so ahead of the rest of the cast.

SFIV, is great and SSFIV should build upon it immensely!

If you want to play a fighter that is balanced try Vritua Fighter 5, its too good, but hardcore to learn. I'm all over VF5 right now. God, I want VF5R so bad!

noradseven

Smash Lord
Yun/Chun are p. close, and yun is the undisputed best, but watch some kuroda vids, considered one of the best third strike players in the world and he rolls thats right a low tier character.

I am also hopefull of SSFIV but even more so of the one after that.

I find VF5 to be unbearably boring to watch and moderately fun to play but its crazy deep alot like GGAC and I don't want to put the time into it.

What's the difference between a controller being unplugged and a combo? Nothing. Seriously. Combos are the single most overrated thing ever. When Oro is getting off, what, 10 to 15 juggling hits in the corner, I'm suppose to believe that's skillful, fun, or exciting? I'd rather see them standing still, because then they will at least be on even footing, instead of someone's controller being essentially unplugged.

SFIV finals aren't won by random people. We can still see a seperation between the pros, the tops, and the mid level players. If any sort of randomness was the problem, then such wouldn't be the case. Very randomly do I ever see any match boiling down to random elements or decisions. The closest you could claim would be Sagat dittos, but even then, its still minimal. It comes down to paying careful attention of meter and your ability to close the gap between the other Sagat. **** man, I saw one Sagat gradually push another one back against a corner with very smart, very sneaky placment of approaches, he won the match against the 'patient *** sagat.'

Also, Third Strike is about as balanced as Smash, with one of the worst universal ATs ever that actually causes the game to become unbalanced.
We can still see a separation, but once you reach a certain level, it becomes quite ****ing random cause NOTHING IS SAFE, and yes that is a problem.

Seriously I don't play alot of SFIV because I never got into it but the top tourney players around here are dropping it like flies, because of how they put it, ****ING RANDOM MESSIAH KICKS, we had pages of rage how one guy who couldn't do combos knocked out 2 extremely good players, with random messiah kicks, then lost to someone who was good but not as good as the other 2 people.

And yeah their are some combos in SFIV, sorry you havn't been hit by, some air hit, EX snake strike ultra or my characters, jab,c.HP,TK(HP) cancel,c.HP,EX seismo, flame kick,thunder knuckle/ultra.

You better not drop a controller during a combo, apperently you have never played games where a large part of the strat was to drop a combo at random times to mixup, and relaunch.

In meltyblood this is quite the common stratagy, also if you time any button press to the timing of you being hit you dramatically increase proration causing people to try to mixup combos.

Also combos would be bigger in SFIV but the proration is so bad its normally a waste of meter to do a 10-15-20 hit combo which have all totally been done ohhh wait its more damage to just do DP, ultra then some complicated combo that ends in ultra okay well.

Third strike is broke but not as much as smash man.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
GUYS IT FINALLY SNOW'D. Almost didnt make curfew because of it. I couldnt see the road...and its one of the most busy roads in NE Ohio xD; Luckily, a snowplow was driving about half a mile ahead of me

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Too many snowball fights, too tired to respond in full, but there are plenty of things that are safe in SF. Are there things that are safe in every situation. NO, but there should never be anything like that. The two most obvious examples of things that are generally very safe to use: low fierce from Rufus or a Tiger Knee from Sagat of course.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Too many snowball fights, too tired to respond in full, but there are plenty of things that are safe in SF. Are there things that are safe in every situation. NO, but there should never be anything like that. The two most obvious examples of things that are generally very safe to use: low fierce from Rufus or a Tiger Knee from Sagat of course.
Sorry im used to raging about this with people that are of my opinion, another problem is dead lack of variety, I was getting to detailed, the game lacks depth here is an example, after 1 high low mixup or maybe not even that 1 of 3 things will occur

You will do a ****ing jab string
You don't do a jab string your opponent was mashing DP oops.
You baited DP ohh way your opponent had 2+ meter,FACD...frame advantage...you eat a high low mixup if you block situation resets reverse who is who though though.

I don't know I really hate FACD working on block it makes too many WHY NOT, situations.

I think what Im trying to say is FACD a reversal against many characters servery limits their options.

I mean yeah I know what you mean, the problem Im trying to get at with all these other things is the game has little depth, I mean its no where near as bad as FUC(lol), but it just seems like both of our options are so crazy limited at all times.

That being said I still play the darn game lol, just barely right now, and its normally for stomping people who think they are good.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
anyone here have a psn account and if so what games do you have???

my psn is shlike
mine is driftwood__ (two underscores)

I have modern warfare 2, but i haven't played yet.

I have blazblue, but i suck.

I have little big planet, which is amazing, but no one will play it with me.

I have other games...

basically I have been training for pound and neglecting my PStriple. ;x

shlike

Smash Ace
mine is driftwood__ (two underscores)

I have modern warfare 2, but i haven't played yet.

I have blazblue, but i suck.

I have little big planet, which is amazing, but no one will play it with me.

I have other games...

basically I have been training for pound and neglecting my PStriple. ;x
rep that zss hard at pound :)

i have guitar hero wt, modern warfare 1 (lulz i need to get 2) lord of the rings conquest, and some other ones

i'm gonna get gh5 in the near future as well

do you have codmw1? if so we should play for the lulz

noradseven

Smash Lord
do you have codmw1? if so we should play for the lulz
Alot of my tournament FPS friends like COD1 better but play COD2 cause its where the money is at lol.

I like COD2 better; cause it has more dodads but im not big on FPS so unlike SFIV I can't sperg about why its not as good or something.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, I don't have the first modern warfare. ><
I bought the new one because my buddy said it was amazing and that I need to get it.
He's currently a little sick of the campiness of brawl.
(probably because he mains ganon)

I'm having a smashfest at my house today. We will probably stream it, if anyone is THAT bored. I'll show you how we can lose to Ganon LOL.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Ahh, I don't have the first modern warfare. ><
I bought the new one because my buddy said it was amazing and that I need to get it.
He's currently a little sick of the campiness of brawl.
(probably because he mains ganon)

I'm having a smashfest at my house today. We will probably stream it, if anyone is THAT bored. I'll show you how we can lose to Ganon LOL.
I have seen good players lose to ganon before its ****ing hilarious how like 1/4 of them totally lose it, I think the problem is alot of people when they play ganondorf they don't try to play him smart, or don't play him enough to know his little tricks and just try to over B lock *bangs head into wall.

I actually played brawl for its insane campyness cause ya really can't get something like it anywhere else.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Yea the way my friend plays is kinda crazy. Like the comment I've heard most people say is, "wow, you make Ganon seem... fast???"
Most good Ganons I've seen in videos seem to play slow and reactive, but this guy makes like a wall of pain. It's intimidating.

I lose when I get aggressive. A really good Ganon is actually tricky to approach without taking like 50% from 2 hits or some ****.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
I have seen good players lose to ganon before its ****ing hilarious how like 1/4 of them totally lose it, I think the problem is alot of people when they play ganondorf they don't try to play him smart, or don't play him enough to know his little tricks and just try to over B lock *bangs head into wall.

I actually played brawl for its insane campyness cause ya really can't get something like it anywhere else.
LoL well it depends man some times you just hit that brick wall for example right now im in Dominican Republic i was here since the 15th of july. And i taught this guy everything i know for every character and now i can hardly beat him. But he does play more then me and i think my controller is messed up a little but he ****ing me up with a messed up controller son true story.

My ZSS gets owned by his gannon this is acceptable because ZSS is a lightweight. Sure ZSS is fast character but as you know we don't have that many moves to work with.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Yea the way my friend plays is kinda crazy. Like the comment I've heard most people say is, "wow, you make Ganon seem... fast???"
Most good Ganons I've seen in videos seem to play slow and reactive, but this guy makes like a wall of pain. It's intimidating.

I lose when I get aggressive. A really good Ganon is actually tricky to approach without taking like 50% from 2 hits or some ****.
I literally play air footies with anyone over mid height, shorthoping and slowly getting closer then farther away then, air overBing them, and then I got my 2 way mixup get wrong you get hit, unless you have a wakeup attack that hits high in which casse you are a douche bag and I gotta rely on the standard ganon wake up game.

*note the air gerudo mixup doesn't work on certain characters, pika,squirtle,kirby,jiggs, it does work on like ivy/olimar(barely) though and on ppl that can crouch.
For those who don't know the mixup is shorthop, I have 2 options
d-air
If you do a wakeup attack ya get smacked.
if you do a neutral recovery its an iffy situation.
If you do a roll ya get away.
nothing:
if you do a wakeup attack character dependent I land and shield grab you sometimes not lol.
if you do neutral wakeup I land and grab you its ****ing free on most of the cast.
If you do a roll recovery its a free air over B into reset.

Moral of the story do a neutral wakeup with no attack best part almost nobody does this especially not on the first try so it turns into on some of the cast, do nothing and I will either over B them or grab them for free EVERY SINGLE TIME hahaha, also d-air, jump f-air.

If I get the grab I go into a more character specific mixup, also am I the only ganon that u-toss's on a some what regular basis.

The thing people tell me about my ganon is I made them terrified of ganons u-smash haha.

LoL well it depends man some times you just hit that brick wall for example right now im in Dominican Republic i was here since the 15th of july. And i taught this guy everything i know for every character and now i can hardly beat him. But he does play more then me and i think my controller is messed up a little but he ****ing me up with a messed up controller son true story.

My ZSS gets owned by his gannon this is acceptable because ZSS is a lightweight. Sure ZSS is fast character but as you know we don't have that many moves to work with.
ZSS ganon is 7:3 ZSS and one of ganons best matches in my opinion. :laugh:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey, take the random Brawl talk to the ZSS General Discussions. This is the ZSS SOCIAL discussion, no Brawl allowed! ;D

Top Bottom