• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Great Fairy Fountain Research Thread

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Riot was faster than me posting xD

well, at first it seemed that he could do anything(that includes airdodge) except for shuttle loop, but then he couldn't do ANYTHING, so I guess I was doing it wrong at the beginning and then did it right xD so I think that if we do it perfectly timed/buffered it's impossible for him to do a thing about it...

the thing is that it's kind of tricky to do this to kill him, is can be good for racking damage or we can hold down to go through the platform and then Bair him or whatever else we can do xD

other moves that I know can hit him from the grab release are Fair(mentioned earlier by Riot), Utilt, Ftilt, Usmash, runnig grab(not that useful but we can do it), and that's all I know

it's a bit hard to do, but I think it's worth the effort...

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Guys... Zelda can Love Jump OoS. Most of you probably already knew this... but... it's so fun! The neat thing about it too is that I think you can keep your second jump ;D

I have not been able to do this consistently, however, there have been numerous occasions where I found it pretty easy to do it, and I'll list a couple of them down:

- Game and Watch's down air
- Game and Watch's back air (requires precise timing at the very end of those turtle hitboxes)
- Meta Knight's Glide Attack/Glide Attack follow-up

There have been a couple of other situations, but I can't remember them at the moment. Not too sure about its viability, other than possible mindgames - though, maybe some use could be made from it. I can provide videos if you guys wish too ;o

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Another thing I wanted to bring up (yes I'm double posting, because they are two seperate topics xD) was Diddy's bananas. I was watching a video of two Japanese players abuse the bananas/foot stooling and frame perfect follow-ups to 'combo' and repeating the process like an infinite. This was a Diddy and a ZSS... some of you have probably seen this video before, or others similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fjzdZM-gkk

Yes I know it's ZSS, and not Zelda, but I'm bringing this up because it makes me wonder if Zelda has any potential 'infinite' combos herself that she can do with the bananas. I'd be willing to test a couple of different combinations, because I'm curious to see what kind of tricks Zelda can do with items in general. If there is something Zelda can do, think of how much potential she could have in matchups that require items, such as bananas, varla suit pieces, Wario's bike pieces... not sure about Peach's veggies though. Still, this would be interesting to explore around with.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Guys... Zelda can Love Jump OoS. Most of you probably already knew this... but... it's so fun! The neat thing about it too is that I think you can keep your second jump ;D

I have not been able to do this consistently, however, there have been numerous occasions where I found it pretty easy to do it, and I'll list a couple of them down:

- Game and Watch's down air
- Game and Watch's back air (requires precise timing at the very end of those turtle hitboxes)
- Meta Knight's Glide Attack/Glide Attack follow-up

There have been a couple of other situations, but I can't remember them at the moment. Not too sure about its viability, other than possible mindgames - though, maybe some use could be made from it. I can provide videos if you guys wish too ;o
can you provide vids? i'd like to see this as i am terrible at love jump lol
Another thing I wanted to bring up was Diddy's bananas. I was watching a video of two Japanese players abuse the bananas/foot stooling and frame perfect follow-ups to 'combo' and repeating the process like an infinite. This was a Diddy and a ZSS... some of you have probably seen this video before, or others similar to this:

Yes I know it's ZSS, and not Zelda, but I'm bringing this up because it makes me wonder if Zelda has any potential 'infinite' combos herself that she can do with the bananas. I'd be willing to test a couple of different combinations, because I'm curious to see what kind of tricks Zelda can do with items in general. If there is something Zelda can do, think of how much potential she could have in matchups that require items, such as bananas, varla suit pieces, Wario's bike pieces... not sure about Peach's veggies though. Still, this would be interesting to explore around with.
you can explore it and see, although im doubtful as Zelda's slow magical nature tends to push things away and she has to wait.

im hoping you find something good though, or even somewhat entertaining to watch

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Well, I watched that video a while ago and started trying some "banana stuff" but I couldn't find anything very useful... Maybe it's because there's something I don't know that can be done or it's just Zelda :c

the best thing I made was the basic:

short footstool > throw banana down > FF Zcatch the banana > full footstool > throw banana down > FF Zcatch the banana > full footstool > throw banana down > start again/Bair

but that's all I could do... and the thing is that the banana's damage decays and ends up doing only like 2%

I have a replay for that somewhere just for "demonstration" but I don't have the equipment to upload it... if anyone wants to/can do it I can send it...

I was thinking a couple days ago about diddy's dribbling lock and just maybe Zelda would be able to do it with the shot glide toss, but I haven't had much time to give it a try...

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
can you provide vids? i'd like to see this as i am terrible at love jump lol
Yep, right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKB43uLE-xg

At 4:24 is when I do the Love Jump OoS from Sonic's approach. I was a bit surprised when I did this, so I didn't really follow it up with anything. Again, I'm not sure about its viability other than an element of surprise and mindgames, but there may be something =P And like i said, you can do this out of a lot of situations, such as the ones I posted above. I hope i can expand that list with more situations though, and hope this helps guys ^^

you can explore it and see, although im doubtful as Zelda's slow magical nature tends to push things away and she has to wait.

im hoping you find something good though, or even somewhat entertaining to watch
I will be testing this out and if I come up with anything, I'll let you guys know =)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Yep, right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKB43uLE-xg

At 4:24 is when I do the Love Jump OoS from Sonic's approach. I was a bit surprised when I did this, so I didn't really follow it up with anything. Again, I'm not sure about its viability other than an element of surprise and mindgames, but there may be something =P And like i said, you can do this out of a lot of situations, such as the ones I posted above. I hope i can expand that list with more situations though, and hope this helps guys ^^
interesting..... i should try and get this down so maybe i can help find some situations.

btw i want that stage music, which DK song is it?

I will be testing this out and if I come up with anything, I'll let you guys know =)
goodluck!!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hay guiz, twas playing around with grab releases today, and it seems like Zelda has the opportunity to Up air MK if she grabs him near the ledge.

Can someone with one of those fancypants tools that figures this stuff out confirm this for me? <3

I can make a video if you want.

Edit: I'll give more details, basically it's grab near the ledge > run off > up air. Pretty simple, and it star KO'd at about 70% for me. Dunno if it's viable or not though. The consecutive hits meter says it does, but I'm slightly wary of that. :colorful:

Edit 2: I think they have time to Shuttle Loop out, not sure though.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Another thing I wanted to bring up (yes I'm double posting, because they are two seperate topics xD) was Diddy's bananas. I was watching a video of two Japanese players abuse the bananas/foot stooling and frame perfect follow-ups to 'combo' and repeating the process like an infinite. This was a Diddy and a ZSS... some of you have probably seen this video before, or others similar to this:

I tried getting some ( I have nothing else to do :p)
Short Glide Toss Down > Dsmash (he needs to go towards the opposite direction) > Dash attack (he needs to go forward not up) > Dash Grab= max of 37 damage but can only be done when diddy has 0%
(Not sure about this but if the banana is near you when you threw Diddy with Bthrow. you may be able to grab it and long glide toss to U smash or utilt. also keep in mind there is no DI or SDI involved)

any %. Short glide toss D > Dtilt (up to three times) > Dsmash
they're not continous though :c

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
The thing with dash attack sending them forward is that your opponent has to be at early percents, because when they take more damage, dash attack starts sending them up :/

Haven't found any consistent results yet, but I want to test what you and Alan have tried out as well

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Dash attack has a sweet spot as well. It has more knockback, does more damage, and sends them upward. If you hit with the "sourspot" (which is actually not bad most of the time) they go straight forward.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
It has a sweetspot? Interesting! I did not know that =o

i always thought it was damage dependent, like how you can dash attack and follow up with a quick down smash near the edge at low percents. Also for some reason when I dash attack MK and Olimar, they get send forward a lot. Not sure if whether the character being short has anything to do with the sweet and sour spots either, but this is still interesting.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Dash attack has a sweet spot as well. It has more knockback, does more damage, and sends them upward. If you hit with the "sourspot" (which is actually not bad most of the time) they go straight forward.
I was going to say that lol

now that we're talking about Dash attack, a few weeks ago happened to me that I hit falco with sourspot (or something weaker) after he felt to the ground and bounced and it had the same quality as a jab lock o_o

anyone has seen this before or it has happened to anybody?!?!

EDIT: I've got the replay if anybody is interested or has the hability of giving an explanation after watching it

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I've heard of low% dash attacks that an opponent doesn't tech can force get ups. Which if you know it is happening you can get a LK off of or what have you, but I have never done this myself. Usually what I get is Dash attack, Dash attack, Dash grab or something like that.

If they land close enough to you I believe you can jab them which also forces a get up if they are prone.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
hm... interesting, well now I know for the next time that happens, this time it was a surprise and didn't do something too great to follow up.

and what I've seen about jab is that sometimes, I don't remember % but they are already standing beacuse of the last hit box... as if it was peach's jab...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Short Glide Toss Down > Dsmash (he needs to go towards the opposite direction) > Dash attack (he needs to go forward not up) > Dash Grab= max of 37 damage but can only be done when diddy has 0%
I forgot to mention that Diddy needs to hit the banana at the dash attack and the dash grab. So it depends on the direction of the banana as well.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

mocha it's been ages :grin:

I think zelds and a few other characters have footstool tricks they can do on diddy that are infinites. There's a vid somewhere but I don't know where... The problem of course is: why would diddy allow these characters to do these tricks on him? The situation would never (well, rarely) occur. If it were possible to tilt whilst holding a banana then her infinite could occur after a trip with run-up footstool, but I don't think there's a way.

you know... I wish I had frame testing access. I think I'd enjoy looking into stuff.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yes it has been awhile! How have you been Kat? ^^

I haven't had any luck yet with Zelda's potential infinites, but I'll keep working on it. As for this...

The problem of course is: why would diddy allow these characters to do these tricks on him?
Well, he wouldn't want characters to do these tricks to him of course xD Think of it like this... when Diddy has bananas, he can gain control. When we have bananas, we can also gain control. We have glide toss tricks up our sleeve, and we also have the option to guard the bananas and camp. But if we had the option to combo, like the Diddy and ZSS in the video, it may even make this MU more winnable for Zelda. Not saying at all that this would ever be in Zelda's favor, but wouldn't it be nice to have one high tier MU in which we can actually have the option to 'combo'?

Diddy wouldn't want to be infinite'd no, but if you look at IC's... no one wants to be infinite'd by them either. Yet at some point or another, they get grabbed.

Just, yeah, I may be dreaming tall tales here, but I'd love to have Zelda be able to do something crazy good some day, may that be in Brawl or the next Smash game.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
well, just when the chance comes do it lol

since I learned to do that thing only like 3 times has happened to me that diddy is open for a footstool, and all 3 times I screwed up, but at least it was nice free damage

it's something :3

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Thanks to Kat, he brought up a really interesting video consisting of Zelda's 'infinite' on Diddy with the bananas. I've tried this in training for a long time, but couldn't seem to get a consistent foot stool. I may be doing the input wrong, but I'm not sure. I'm curious if anyone else can figure out the precise input for this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cGgZTvn794

Cause this just looks hella fun. Thanks again to Kat for the link!

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
nice, I never found a vid for that and I had to find out the hard way lol

the first version was totally new for me, the second one was the first I came up with, and the last one is actually the last one I came up with, just with a slight variation... instead of catching the banana with Nair, I did it with Z, I think it could be easier because of the fast fall, if we mess up with that we could accidentally input a Dair... hard but not impossible... Also why didn't the video end with a Bair?! it's possible to get the sweetspot!!! ._.

and what is exactly your problem with the footstool?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
My eyes may be deceiving me, but on the second version of that vid, I swear I saw a couple of up air cancels during the infinite? o_O

As for footstool, I just don't do it much, so I'm a bit out of practice with it. Footstooling isn't the hard part really, it's doing it repeatedly and consistently.

Hmm, other factors we have to take into account if we were to pick up on this infinite are stages, and any other banana on the field. Somewhere like BF could ruin our fun because of the platforms, and even SV's moving platform. FD looks like the best pick to do this ;o

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
didn't see anything like Uair cancels :s

for the footstool issue, well it's just a matter of practice, just remember there are different footstool heights, think it like grounded jumps/short hops. The important thing about this is that only 4 or 5 consecutive footstools can be done, and each footstool loses height.

Also footstool heights are something like this:

First "full" footstool is unique in height and is super high (not useful for the locks because of Zelda's slow FF)
Second "full" footstool = First short footstool
Third "full footstool = Second short footstool
etc etc

it keeps going like that until there are no more footstools left.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
didn't see anything like Uair cancels :s

for the footstool issue, well it's just a matter of practice, just remember there are different footstool heights, think it like grounded jumps/short hops. The important thing about this is that only 4 or 5 consecutive footstools can be done, and each footstool loses height.

Also footstool heights are something like this:

First "full" footstool is unique in height and is super high (not useful for the locks because of Zelda's slow FF)
Second "full" footstool = First short footstool
Third "full footstool = Second short footstool
etc etc

it keeps going like that until there are no more footstools left.
Its only four times that Zelda can Footstool. But the last one doesn't gain any height... :glare:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
couple things:
Grab Release on MK: He needs about 53.5 frames to use SL. We need about 51.6 Frames to dash grab him (when timed properly) (I did some Manual work so results are not 100% accurate (did it without using hacks only math)) (what I did was I timed how long it took MK to be able to use SL, and how long it took Zelda to use Dash Grab him successfully on 1/4ths speed then divide that by four to convert it to *1 speed and divide by how many frames there is in a second and got the two answers)

Lagless LKs:
It seems LKs in general have three main groups:
Ones with Lag: just regular LKs.
Semi-lagless LKs: LKs that stop Zelda for less than 30 frames but still has some frames of lag (I have some examples; you can see where she stops for a few frames but not the full 30 frames).
Lagless LKs: LKs with no lag at all. (I think one of the six has this one but I can't remember...)

Here are the links, also the three bottom ones were initially for fun (they have Items and they end a bit early):
1.http://www.mediafire.com/?ssbhybq53sgblvu
2.http://www.mediafire.com/?skkja6sbk7bjz6i
3.http://www.mediafire.com/?zdxmeu3t5832r26
4.http://www.mediafire.com/?8do3lab10ke0osb
5.http://www.mediafire.com/?ds9zcn4s8ltt5py
6.http://www.mediafire.com/?5jh2069udhq784b

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
couple things:
Grab Release on MK: He needs about 53.5 frames to use SL. We need about 51.6 Frames to dash grab him (when timed properly) (I did some Manual work so results are not 100% accurate (did it without using hacks))
well shuttle loop's hitbox comes on frame 8, Nair on frame 3, Fair on frame 6, Uair on frame 2, Dair on frame 4, and airdodge on frame 2... as you can see shuttle loop is like the "slowest" thing there... I really don't know how many frames of GR animation are before he can do something, but maybe knowing that could be a bit easier to know if we can actually do something :c

which link is for which thing you tested? just to know :3

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
well shuttle loop's hitbox comes on frame 8, Nair on frame 3, Fair on frame 6, Uair on frame 2, Dair on frame 4, and airdodge on frame 2... as you can see shuttle loop is like the "slowest" thing there... I really don't know how many frames of GR animation are before he can do something, but maybe knowing that could be a bit easier to know if we can actually do something :c
I mainly focused on SL. I haven't tried Nair ,Fair, Dair, Uair, or airdodge yet. I'm going to try them next time I get on

EDIT: I should start off with an airdodge and then Nair. Fair shouldn't be able to get a hitbox out (if i remember correctly) but Dair and Uair are able to get a hitbox out its just wether or not the hitbox can hit us. not sure about Nair though.
which link is for which thing you tested? just to know :3
The six I posted are mainly Semi-lagless LKs (I can't remember if one of them is Lagless though) there is one with PT its on charizard under the left platform (1st Transformation)

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
while messing around, I found out we can air GR Jigglypuff into an Uair... it's kind of hard to do since the timing is way strict or at least is seems like it... I tested and if done correctly Jigglypuff can't do anything, just die.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I really don't know any frame data for Jiggs' release(couldn't find it) but I buffer the jump and then at a height similar to a short hop I start doing Uair...

I have to do it with a claw position because I'm not used to making aerials with stick + A :awesome:

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice
Mocha, i have a Q for you, i recently watch ur friendlies video on hobo 3, and in the match vs MK u did a lot of love jump... MK grabbed u tossed u out of stage and u love jump diagonaly towards the battleground... i tried to do this, but i cant do it... can u tell me how u do it?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Mocha, i have a Q for you, i recently watch ur friendlies video on hobo 3, and in the match vs MK u did a lot of love jump... MK grabbed u tossed u out of stage and u love jump diagonaly towards the battleground... i tried to do this, but i cant do it... can u tell me how u do it?
Imma post what I wrote to Jiggly when asked this, but feel free to ask me more questions if you still need help:

Diagonal Love Jumps can be performed out of an attack or throw. Unless you use it all the time in a match, they can be really surprising and catch your opponent off guard. They can also be used to escape certain throws that lead to set ups. The timing is tricky though. You can escape throws like Pika's f-throw and Mk's d-throw, which can both have follow-up moves to hit you with.

To perform the Diagonal Love Jump, you have to jump + hit B as soon as your opponent throws or attacks you. it actually helps me to do this a liiiiiitle bit before they finish this, kind of like with DI where we try to do it in advance. So yeah the jump + hit b is the jumping part, but the direction you move in is dependent on the direction you tilt your control stick, but remember to tilt it lightly. If you mash down on the control stick, you may end up using Farore's Wind, Din's Fire, or Transform by accident lol.

So if you want to tilt it diagonally, tilt the control stick lightly to the side (either left or right) while jumping + hitting b. I hope this helps and I hope I didn't confuse you too much. I suck at explaining things xD

Also, if there's a particular kind of jump I did that you're having trouble with, point me out to where in the video I did it, and I'll see what i can do to help you get this down =)

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Imma post what I wrote to Jiggly when asked this, but feel free to ask me more questions if you still need help:

Diagonal Love Jumps can be performed out of an attack or throw. Unless you use it all the time in a match, they can be really surprising and catch your opponent off guard. They can also be used to escape certain throws that lead to set ups. The timing is tricky though. You can escape throws like Pika's f-throw and Mk's d-throw, which can both have follow-up moves to hit you with.

To perform the Diagonal Love Jump, you have to jump + hit B as soon as your opponent throws or attacks you. it actually helps me to do this a liiiiiitle bit before they finish this, kind of like with DI where we try to do it in advance. So yeah the jump + hit b is the jumping part, but the direction you move in is dependent on the direction you tilt your control stick, but remember to tilt it lightly. If you mash down on the control stick, you may end up using Farore's Wind, Din's Fire, or Transform by accident lol.

So if you want to tilt it diagonally, tilt the control stick lightly to the side (either left or right) while jumping + hitting b. I hope this helps and I hope I didn't confuse you too much. I suck at explaining things xD

Also, if there's a particular kind of jump I did that you're having trouble with, point me out to where in the video I did it, and I'll see what i can do to help you get this down =)
Ninjad by Mocha.

What control scheme do you use?

Zelda can love jump any direction albeit sideways.
Just hold whatever direction you want to jump in while Zelda is still in that tumbling "I'm in pain" animation then let go right before you jump(or else you'll do another special) and she should jump in that direction.
It's much easier to do in the downward direction because you don't have to worry about putting in the jump.
If you need to practice build a custom stage with spikes and practice love jumping off of them, its really nice because they have sex knockback so you don't need to reset her damage to avoid dying.
I would start off trying to love jump diagonally downwards so you get the timing right, then you can move onto going upwards.

*Just for fun you should try love jumping when Zelda is metal.
I know youre a noob and all but the search engine does wonders.

nekokatsu

Smash Apprentice

thks dude, i got it! =), u explained perfectly =).
now tha hard part, using it right xD in a real fight xDDD

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
You're welcome =)

Yeah applying it to the real fight is the tricky part, but I'm sure that after enough practice and finding the right moments to use this, you'll be able to get there. You may mess up a few times at first (I know I did xD) but just don't give up. If you're not comfortable testing things in tournament matches, you can always test them with friendlies, wifi, and training with another person. Good luck to you!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Lagless LKs:
It seems LKs in general have three main groups:
Ones with Lag: just regular LKs.
Semi-lagless LKs: LKs that stop Zelda for less than 30 frames but still has some frames of lag Lagless LKs: LKs with no lag at all.
Thought I'd finish this now

a couple ways to create them: out of hitstun, FFing, and when Zelda has invinsibilty frames. there are more but these are the ones that came to mind first. also one of these is not enough you need atleast 2.
easiest way is to FF LK of the platform when you get KOed (forgot what its called...) I've seen and done this a couple of times. I'm not 100% sure if it happens all the time though...

Top Bottom