• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Great Debatemania! PHASE 3, ROUND 5 START!

Next Character for Debate

• Chrom

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • King K. Rool

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Roy

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Isaac

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Snake

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Krystal

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Secondary Sonic Rep

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well this is interesting.

Meh. I might join when I see a day that interests me more.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I would like to argue for Pacman. He's one of my most wanted characters and my most wanted third party.
More than bomberman? What's wrong with this generation? =P Another one bites the pellet! Folks, the pro pac-man team's squad is nearly full.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
More than bomberman? What's wrong with this generation? =P Another one bites the pellet! Folks, the pro pac-man team's squad is nearly full.
Bomberman is my second most wanted third party and there's nothing wrong with me, you're the wrong one. Just kidding.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd argue for Pac man, but I'm going on vacation soon and I don't know if they have wi fi

Even if they do, I'd have to use someone else's laptop because I don't have one of my own

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
maybe I don't want to be that invested in pac-man. gotta wait until there's a real interesting one.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I updated the OP with the new challengers! One more support for pro-pac-man and two for against PAC Man.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Are you guys also going to include some Ace Attorney gif's while you are debating, or is that not allowed?
Ah well, anyway, I will just spectate for now. :)

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Question for the debate organizers: Is there any specific chat service that you recommend for discussion between team members? For example, I do not hold an account to Skype, and I'd be hesitant to set up one just for this debate.
Would it be advisable to communicate with teammates by sending messages to their accounts on this very site?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yes, but also any instant messages is viable as well. What best fits for your team.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Question for the debate organizers: Is there any specific chat service that you recommend for discussion between team members? For example, I do not hold an account to Skype, and I'd be hesitant to set up one just for this debate.
Would it be advisable to communicate with teammates by sending messages to their accounts on this very site?
Not only could you make a message group on this site, make a xat. http://xat.com/PacManDebateBeta

EDIT: Word, almost full.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Awesome! One space left for each team! After that, the teams can start planning.

Dr. Flinn

Smash Cadet
The debate approaches...

Let the battle begin.

Edit: Dp we have to completely active during the debate? Cuz I'm on Fall Vaycay is San Diego and I'll be going places.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No, just let your team know in advance so they can just mentally prepare. It would only be a problem if the team consisted of 2 or something like that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not while I'm still here.
Well, looks like Piccolo just called somebody out.

I guess I'll be watching this thread. Not sure I'd directly participate though. I say that because, I'm not feeling too strongly about pac-man one way or the other. I like some of his games though, and he is iconic. But he never really struck I chord with me like Megaman or even Sonic. So perhaps someone can convince me to start supporting his inclusion more.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Shoot, how did I not hear about this until a few hours ago=???

I need to be the promoter, or commentator, or
studio analyst, or
Show Host,
Radio Host, or
Executive, or something along those lines. Heck, I could even be a special "Guest" Legendary Referee (which fits perfectly since I am totally neutral on this characters' inclusion.. for realsies) to help kick off
'S NEW FLAGSHIP EVENT, DEBATEMANAI!!!!

QUICK!!! SOMEONE PUT A MIC ON MY AVI!!!!! :rotfl:

I'm so happy that
is still putting out incredible products for the
fans!!!! I got a feeling this
Produced Event is going to be an all-time Melee, and maybe even be the Brawl to End Them All!!!!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Good morning, everyone! We had a productive day yesterday; people signing up to debate our ghost munching yellow ball of retro, Pac Man!

This is just in!! You have ten hours to fill up your teams! Take up the last spots for the Pro or Anti Pac Man camps! Bring your A game and debate with the veteran debaters, the newbies, and everyone in between.

At 5:00 pm today, we will begin Phase 2 and I will PM the two camps telling them the scheduled date for the debate. As well, we will begin the poll for the next session's character. Look forward to it!!

Szzzzchk....what's that? Oh really? I see...

It looks like I made a mistake. The Phase 2 will begin at 6 pm, a hour later than previously stated. Folks, please remember this contest runs on EST.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Relax, he'll only be messaging the groups today to officially say you can go collect data and communicate amongst yourselves. You will still time to gather info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom