• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gold Mine 4 Results

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
1. my marth in melee is godlike

2. lucas is right. just move to Raleigh and u will see me... like stingers and the rest of state

3. steve

MJG

Smash Hero
Stingers thanksgiving tourney and Xanadu will be my last tourneys here on the EC before I go back to KS to visit my parents. Then from there I fly straight to New York.
So TGM5 a no go for me as well. MJG and I will be taking over the MW ;).
Im be in Alabama lol.

Well this is kind of balls. 17th was the best possible date in terms of over winter break but with that AL tournament on that date it's a bad idea. 10th is a maybe but I'm waiting to hear back from MJG. 24th is a terrible idea for obvious reasons. Apex is the weekend of January 7th so that's a no as well. And while I think it'd be kinda fun, IDK how anyone else would feel about smashing in the new year on the 31st, especially since it's the weekend before Apex. The only option left after that is to have it on a weekday, which while it would be possible given that people would be on winter break, there are those among us who work during the week.

I'm frustrated. =[
When do you need to know when I will be down in the south?

archer.

Smash Lord
Whenever I guess lol.

Is Apex gonna be your last tournament? Because I was considering hosting it after Apex.

Player-1

Smash Legend
if it's on the 17th and GA/AL can't go then I doubt MJG is going, but i could be wrong. I'll let him speak for himself.

Mahone

Smash Champion
1: Dr Peepee ($70.00) - you're too good man. You haven't let the fact that you are terrible at reads and spacing stop you from improving. You picked a character that doesn't have to space and you have pushed your tech skill so far that it compensates for your terrible reads... thats really admirable... thanks for teaming and sorry i wasn't fun to hang around with this time, you know why, its hard to find silly things fun or interesting for me atm, but hopefully it'll be better next time... also was i right about that dazzle driver thing, cuz if so you have to admit i got those irl reads

2: ESAM ($20.00) - ggs. i really wanted to play you in friendlies cuz i really don't know that samus matchup lol... im glad i played you though, because i never watched puff vs samus matches before because i figured id never play a good samus but i guess i was wrong... im gonna study that **** before the next tourney so enjoy your one win lol

4: Doug - GGs dude, we should play more in nova... i really need sheik practice for plank and tope, and your sheik is really good against puff, which is rare. i still don't know about that ban thing lol, next time we play lets just use some old school rules with green greens and pokefloats

5: bden -BDENNNN, dude, i remember last tourney me and you were talking about how **** sushi is, but really we should have just been talking about how **** you're getting... you were playing really well against me and i watched you vs. esam and it just looked like you don't have that samus practice (just like me) and you vs. doug was just both of you choking and being nervous.... my point is that if you learn some matchups and don't let the nerves get to you, you can definitely be at the top of the prs soon...

5: Twitch - Yo, bit, when you don't have kongo jungle you're not so tough are you??? You played me on your two worst stages imo... those stages are good for aggro fox but you play a much better campy fox imo... i know you don't wanna play like that, but if you wanna play aggro against puff you have to really know the matchup and can't just rush in with upsmashes etc... anyway, i know you probably already know this **** and were playing off that day so its whatever... make sure you can get to rom, i really think you won't be bored there

9: 0Room - Good talk... you will go fox lol, but you are right about falcon being underrated, so mabye you'll make falcon work for you... i hope so, we need more falcon players that don't john nonstop lol... i'll make sure to play you with puff next time

arch- thanks for hosting, the venue was nice and i really appreciated you housing me. Your ylink is better than armada's

kadaj- dude ur mad funny... i really wished you played melee... maybe you can teach me brawl and i can teach you melee next time... i think you overemphasize tech skill in melee... with your current tech skill you could beat my puff, don't think you need to double shine to beat people... you could definitely just use your brawl smarts to do well in melee, like darkflame was doing

darkflame- really good talk about brawl man, hope you can make it up to nova more, if you ever need housing just let me know, you're really good at melee, you're like 10x better than thumbs vs. jiggs no joke

snap- thanks for housing me even though i didn't ask and just sorta showed up lol... also don't worry about josh, i'll mm him next time

Top Bottom