• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Genesis 5 Discussion thread

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Did everyone agree beforehand to just let Mistake keep doing dumb things? Because he went 0-7 last time? Did they decide that letting him do dumb stuff wasn’t enough so they make themselves flub too?

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
HE JUST KEEPS DOING THINGS AND THEY WORK
HE UPTILTED AND IT STAGE SPIKED SALEM

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Losers was a Mistake.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Welp. Looks like my theory is correct. I wonder if Leo was included in the backdoor agreement?

TK: “Mistake playing on a whole ‘nother level right now.”

*Mistake proceeds to SD twice.*

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Leo. What. Why is he late on stuff he was punishing 20 minutes ago against Salem?

Okay, he looks like he broke out of autopilot.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Genesis 5 Top 8
Winners Semi-Finals:
MKLeo:4marth::4cloud2: vs Dabuz:rosalina: 3-2
Salem:4bayonetta: vs MVD:4diddy: 3-1

Winners Finals:
MKLeo:4marth::4cloud2: vs Salem:4bayonetta: 3-0

Losers Round 1:
Nairo:4zss: vs ESAM:4pikachu: 3-0 (Bodied!)
falln:rosalina: vs Mistake:4bayonetta2: 0-3

Losers Quarter-Finals:
Nairo:4zss:vs MVD:4diddy: 3-1
Dabuz:rosalina:vs Mistake:4bayonetta2: 2-3

Losers Semi-Finals:
Nairo:4zss:vs Mistake:4bayonetta2: 2-3 (Mistake is insane!)

Losers Finals:
Salem:4bayonetta:vs Mistake:4bayonetta2: 0-3

Grand Finals:
MKLeo:4marth::4cloud2: vs Mistake:4bayonetta2: (Set 1) 3-1
MKLeo:4marth::4cloud2: vs Mistake:4bayonetta2: (Set 2) N/A

Last edited:

Illusion.

Master of Stealth
NNID
Illusion97
3DS FC
1822-0471-8951
Switch FC
SW-5043-8035-6923
And this is why we can't have dicussion. This contributes nothing.
To be fair, your opening statement wasn’t any better. It was literally just “oh I think Rosalina beats Bayonetta” and you provided zero reasons why, other than personal experience it looked like.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
There is justice. Mistake lost the tournament to the same dumb habits that he kept doing the entire top 8.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Mistake took out the 2nd, 3rd, and 6th? (idk, didnt watch that video) best players in the world.
With easily punishable habits.
No words can express how confused and upset this makes me.

blackghost

Smash Champion
To be fair, your opening statement wasn’t any better. It was literally just “oh I think Rosalina beats Bayonetta” and you provided zero reasons why, other than personal experience it looked like.
This isnt the main thread of smash 4. Data isnt required here. I was reacting my experences in comparision to the actual matches on stream which this thread is a reaction to.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
This isnt the main thread of smash 4. Data isnt required here. I was reacting my experences in comparision to the actual matches on stream which this thread is a reaction to.
I was doing the exact same thing, albiet a bit more angrily. For context, that was right after Mistake dominated Falln.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I went onto smash 4 and picked Marth to celebrate MKLeo stopping the madness of Bayonetta and the randomized computer picked Bayonetta -_-

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Mistake took out the 2nd, 3rd, and 6th? (idk, didnt watch that video) best players in the world.
Congrats to MKLeo for this victory. You guys have to respect Mistake's run through this, even 3-0'ing fellow Bayonetta player Salem to reach there.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Like, Mistake has played like this since he got that big break last year. He relies on heel slide constantly during neutral, he uses Witch Time any time he is falling or under the remotest pressure, and he keeps doing these things even after being punished.

Should be keep “progressing” like this, he is never going to be a consistent player. It’s why he went 0-7 last week and got 2nd this week.

If you let your opponent make the same mistakes over and over again, and you are a top player that has shown they can actually combat those things, then you are on autopilot.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Like, Mistake has played like this since he got that big break last year. He relies on heel slide constantly during neutral, he uses Witch Time any time he is falling or under the remotest pressure, and he keeps doing these things even after being punished.

Should be keep “progressing” like this, he is never going to be a consistent player. It’s why he went 0-7 last week and got 2nd this week.

If you let your opponent make the same mistakes over and over again, and you are a top player that has shown they can actually combat those things, then you are on autopilot.
You are incredibly short sighted if you actually believe this. If you think his "bad habits" are why he went 0-7 at the invitational, then you don't understand tournaments or Bayonetta at all.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Whew...what a way to offically start Smash 4 competitive scene for 2018.

A competion with some of the most WTF moments and sets I have seen in the history of the game courtesy of one player who goes by the name "Mistake".

Is Genesis just going to be a yearly competion cursed with having matches mired in controversy and salt?

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
You are incredibly short sighted if you actually believe this. If you think his "bad habits" are why he went 0-7 at the invitational, then you don't understand tournaments or Bayonetta at all.
Nah. I’m being glib.

Obviously, there’s more to it than that. Regardless, the play in the top 8 today generally, but with Mistake specifically, was not good. It was exciting, but it wasn’t good - outside of MKLeo.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So if you SDI too hard you just die?
If you dare SDI to try and escape you die, if you don't SDI at all you only have to eat 30-90% based on the skill level of the bayo to continue combos.

Seems fine to me to be honest, you get to abuse RAGE now. That was MKleo's plan I'm sure.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
As dumb as Nairo teleporting to death was I'm pretty sure that was a Smash 4 jank fluke that happens with multihits. Mistake had clearly not seen it happen before despite existing as a meta entity off of his absurd punish game.

SDI is really common to escape death combos at this point and this is the first time I've ever see somebody die out of it

|RK|

Smash Marketer
As dumb as Nairo teleporting to death was I'm pretty sure that was a Smash 4 jank fluke that happens with multihits. Mistake had clearly not seen it happen before despite existing as a meta entity off of his absurd punish game.

SDI is really common to escape death combos at this point and this is the first time I've ever see somebody die out of it
Late, but I'm sure Mistake has seen it. The only way that shotgun effect happens is with SDI, paradoxically enough. Myollnir says that it doesn't work on CPUs for that reason.

Top Bottom