• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Genesis 4 Discussion Thread

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
Nairo's ZSS in general was pretty shaky in this tournament, it's a huge shame. Mr. R and Zero were totally beatable for him.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Nairo's ZSS in general was pretty shaky in this tournament, it's a huge shame. Mr. R and Zero were totally beatable for him.
It was pretty good against Mr. R in general. TBH it was a big mistake to go bowser against him. And the first two games against zero he looked a little tilted and i'm suprised he brought it back.

JB333

Smash Apprentice
Update from Fatality-Elegant game Fatality up 2-0 rn

2-1

Elegant reverse 3-0'd Fatality:crying:

Elegant now in top 16

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
U.S.A won't be in Winners Side top 8 unless Zack pulls off a massive upset.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Apparently ZeRo destroyed both ESAM's and Nairo's morale, Nairo was particularly depressed and ESAM is jsut baffled at how he always messes up against him.

ANYWAY
I am sorry I was out for the whole day, it was a very hectic day in terms of upsets and results that I was unable to update the OP with.
Still, it's a shame a lot of those games are happening without being officially streamed or recorded.
:196:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Leo performed a relentless Limit Corss Slash offstage that missed completely.
Komorikiri could've just gone for an aggressive answer to that and gimp him, he had his own limit to make it back.
Instead he just footstooled Leo and went for the easy recovery.
That could've been the set.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Leo performed a relentless Limit Corss Slash offstage that missed completely.
Komorikiri could've just gone for an aggressive answer to that and gimp him, he had his own limit to make it back.
Instead he just footstooled Leo and went for the easy recovery.
That could've been the set.
It very well could have, and iit disappoints me a little because I know that the chances of Leo getting through such a large amount of powerful names in Losers are much larger than Komo's. Komo had a chance of making it to GFs (or at least I'd have been willing to bet), and people wanted ranai vs leo....

Still, the very, very, VERY wild ride of Genesis 4 is finally slowing down and looking like.....I guess your average high stakes tournament, albeit one with Zack and Tweek in Losers Top 12.
I mean, think about all the upsets that've happened. Some of the top players got sent to losers by players few were aware of, and they've pulled through. I actually want to find someone other than the players themselves, who were aware that AeroLink, Fatality, Locus, Child, Rich, and Nakat, could be in Top 64 or so with most of the top 50 players. Only two I just named are on the PGR!!
Just goes to show anything can happen I guess........

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Anybody got a clip or something of Zack styling on Chag with the Peach shield break? Was watchign ConCon's stream when it happened.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Seriously, who is the Genesis genius that decided not to stream like 75% of the event with tons of top player representation???

Also, apparently VoiD is devastated too thanks to ZeRo.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
G3 is one of my favourite tournaments ever, but G4 was a pretty big disappointment. You have a ton of streamers ready, and yet we still needed Mr. Con Con to see most of losers Top 32 and we'll never see it again.

Overall not very impressed with the stream.

Also why are they hosting Cosmos when Komo vs Ranai hasn't finished? Seriously?

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Watching my favorite players like VoiD be so hard on himself hurts to watch. Those crossups of his are phenomenal.

Game five ZeRo is a whole 'nother level man.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
ASpparently the union or something had them leave the venue? Closing up for the night? Idk, EMG said something about the Union.....
Komorikiri 3-1 over Rainai (finished on Periscope)
Also apparently dabuz 3-1 over Tweek.
Rough top 8 for komo......anyone know what time tomorrow top 8 starts?
G3 is one of my favourite tournaments ever, but G4 was a pretty big disappointment. You have a ton of streamers ready, and yet we still needed Mr. Con Con to see most of losers Top 32 and we'll never see it again.

Overall not very impressed with the stream overall.

They said most of losers would be recorded and uploaded, but they didn't have commentary.....and I think they sad some wouldn't be recorded like nairo vs zero....not to mention all the issues the main stream had....all in all, this could have gone much better, and not much worse.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
TOP 8

WINNERS SIDE

C9 | Ally :4mario: vs. :4mewtwo: LG | Abadango
eLevate | Mr. R :4sheik: vs. :4marth::4cloud2::4metaknight: Echo Fox | MVG | MKLeo

LOSERS SIDE

RNG | Dabuz :rosalina::4olimar::4bayonetta: vs. :4diddy: TSM | ZeRo
2GG | Komorikiri :4cloud2::4sonic: vs. :4bayonetta: DMG | Captain Zack

9th: 2GG | Ranai :4villager:
9th: CLG | VoiD :4sheik:
9th: IMT | ANTi :4mario::substitute:
9th: DMG | Tweek :4cloud2::4dk:
13th: PG | ESAM :4pikachu:
13th: Elegant :4luigi:
13th: Misfits | Larry Lurr :4fox:
13th: 9B :4bayonetta:

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Still can't believe that Elegant, tweek, and Zack are top 13 with people ranked much higher than them in this. Surprised Zack's in top 8. I doubt he'll make it that far though......if he gets through komo, he'll be stopped, imo.
IIRC the venue was 24 hours, idk what even happened
yeah that got mentioned on periscope, it did look like they were outside or something...the lights were either off or really low and they were trying to kepp quiet.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
It's possible Zack is well on his way to being the best Bayonetta. I'd believe it. His Bayo is insane, and Salem's been falling off recently.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
TOP 8

WINNERS SIDE

C9 | Ally :4mario: vs. :4mewtwo: LG | Abadango
eLevate | Mr. R :4sheik: vs. :4marth::4cloud2::4metaknight: Echo Fox | MVG | MKLeo
Canada, Japan, Netherlands and Mexico ... Mario, Mewtwo, Sheik and #team3swords. Even by smash 4 standards that's some epic diversity. If Zero and Zack win their respective sets top 6 will have 8 different characters and 6 different countries. That'd be hard to top after all these upsets we've already seen.

:059:

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
They said most of losers would be recorded and uploaded, but they didn't have commentary.....and I think they sad some wouldn't be recorded like nairo vs zero....not to mention all the issues the main stream had....all in all, this could have gone much better, and not much worse.
Are you serious?

This is straight up one of the worst streams we've ever had, for a major especially.

Canada, Japan, Netherlands and Mexico ... Mario, Mewtwo, Sheik and #team3swords. Even by smash 4 standards that's some epic diversity. If Zero and Zack win their respective sets top 6 will have 8 different characters and 6 different countries. That'd be hard to top after all these upsets we've already seen.
We very nearly had a Luigi in top 8...but got denied by Leo and Dabuz. Feelsbadman

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
A Duck Hunt beat ZeRo too, that's pretty big.

Also it should be #team2swords because Leo hasn't touched MK in this tournament

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
Can we all agree that someone seriously dropped the ball on coverage? With all the high level play there should've been more livestreaming. This is a huge deal, even though I have admitted that I don't keep up with the streams that's no excuse for the seriously limited streaming options in this tourney especially with such high level talent, massive upsets, and certain characters getting results that aren't seen all that much on a major tourney level.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion

Overall not very impressed with the stream.

We can use Mr. Con Con's past streams.......

But yea this is probably my least favorite tournament, all these insane games and we could barely see them, if at all.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
While not too important and maybe not needed, Captain Zack did use Wii fit trainer and Peach Vs Chag and one with both so shouldn't they be included?

Also, this tournament has been terrible to the viewers but great to the players. Personally I am still enjoying it, but they could of had 2ggaming stream some losers matches instead of Towerfall.

Top Bottom