• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I never noticed that Bayonetta doesn't hit people with her guns or her fists with her rapid jab, but she hits them with magic blue skulls.

This just got too spooky for me.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS
SEND SHIVERS DOWN YOUR SPINE
SHRIEKING SKULLS WILL SHOCK YOUR SOUL
SEAL YOUR DOOM TONIGHT

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
This is why Miiverse is my favorite stage.

All this salt over Bayonetta is glorious. :denzel:

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Quick question: Which style/costume of Bayonetta is your favourite? Not just Smash, but her games. Honestly, nothing beats the Bayonetta 2 default look for me
Bayo 1 standard and if you want to count it, Cutie J Jeanne.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Bayo1 outfit, no contest. It's her definitive, iconic look. And it's so unique. The beehive, the hair tassels, the gold chains, her red guns, etc.

Bayo2 look, as I've said once before, is so "tame" in comparison. She looks like she was designed to be more appealing for a general audience; generic short, spikey hair, less skin, those weird, pointy shoulder pads that look like they belong on a batman costume, those blue stars on chains that make zero sense as opposed to the moon themed ones, etc.

It almost feels like a different character. There's nothing about this design that screams "sexy," except for those diamond openings near the butt, and even they were changed to fishnet stockings.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Quick question: Which style/costume of Bayonetta is your favourite? Not just Smash, but her games. Honestly, nothing beats the Bayonetta 2 default look for me
I can't really pick one I love both her designs in part 1 and 2 along with her Link outfit in the second game.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
The Bayo 1 standard and the Bayo 1 Peach, the "Bowser weaves" are just too funny and with the Chain Chomp that costume is perfect.

Killager

Smash Rookie
Bayonetta's default look in Bayo2 is fantastic as well as the Policewoman costumes. In Smash definitely the silver Bayo2 alt and default Bayo1.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Bayo 1 green and bayo 1 pink/red. I'm not really that fond of her shorter hair in her bayo 2 look.

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
In her Game:
Original,The Dresses,and Umbran Gekka(2)
Original(1)
Link Outfit(2) Shorter hair works with this one.
in Smash:
Original(1 and 2)
Gold/Orange and Jeanne Alt(2)
Blue Alt(1)

I think that covers my favorites.
:212:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
i only play bayo 1 bayonetta because of that tassel and the hair

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Bayo 2 look I prefer for both Jeanne and Bayo. The bee hive is what kills it for me for the Bayo 1 look.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
In Smash: Bayo1 default & Bayo2 silver

In Bayo1: Daisy for the Nintendo costumes, Kulshedra for the Umbran Elegances, Queen for the Couture Bullets (for Jeanne I prefer the outfit she has where she wears that white hair suit thing from her 3rd battle)

In Bayo2: StarFox for the Nintendo costumes, Rakshasa for the Umbran Elegances, the Black Policewoman outfit (default is also great) and for Jeanne I also like the StarFox one and the Bayo1 style hairsuit thing.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. It's confirmed SSB4 won't be getting any patches anymore. Which means Bayonetta will be remained untouched. Rejoice!

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I want to inform all the Bayonetta's mains that seems like the game will not be patched anymore!

How do you all feel about this news?

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Greda

Smash Journeyman
How do you all feel about this news?

Edit: :4greninja:'d
kek

This means that Witch Time and the double jump glitch with Witch Twist and all the 0 to deaths won't be touched. That's really good news, we can discover without fear.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That doesn't necessarily mean there won't be anymore patches.

The online Smash community mangles the meaning of these things every time. >_>

Greda

Smash Journeyman

I think in a previous article Sakurai said he has to approve changes to characters. Here, he's saying the team disbanded and he left. This basically means no more patches.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665

Well, I used the words "seems like" because I wasn't sure by myself if this was actually real.

And anyway, when I wrote the post the title of the video was "No more patches" and now is "Development over", so they fix the title even themselves.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I think in a previous article Sakurai said he has to approve changes to characters. Here, he's saying the team disbanded and he left. This basically means no more patches.
"There will be no more changes to the game" is the only statement that would confirm no more patches.

Like, I won't be surprised if there's another patch. They won't be lying if we do get another one. Especially if there's some new glitch with the two new DLC characters.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
"There will be no more changes to the game" is the only statement that would confirm no more patches.

Like, I won't be surprised if there's another patch. They won't be lying if we do get another one. Especially if there's some new glitch with the two new DLC characters.
There is the problematic standing infinite and pin glitch for Corrin that needs to be addressed still. I imagine the dev team won't leave these in the game.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I am honestly baffled at how they can give so many insane options to Bayonetta and not fix a character like Zelda. She has had a terrible projectile since melee with Din's Fire that she kills herself with more than the actual opponents, then they replace Sheik with a projectile that's just as bad while Sheik gets Bouncing Fish? Well ok then Sakurai I guess you know what you are doing... Zelda has been bottom tier for 3 games in a row now so I trust you know how to keep her that way.
:happysheep:

ThatStrangeDoll

Smash Cadet
I use her Bayonetta 2 yellow alt. simply because its the closest to her Anarchy Reigns Kill Bill costume.

I would also use her Viewtiful Joe costume from AR if it were to be in the game.

EDIT: in case anyone wants to see her AR colors.

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I saw this video and I thought it would help you guys play your character better. :secretkpop:

ThatStrangeDoll

Smash Cadet
Petition to rename dABK as Red-Hot Kick
Now with an explanation

As all of you may know, by performing a quarter circle forward cotion with the joystick and pressing B in the air, Bayonettas After Burner Kick will change its usual trajectory and go diagonally down.

In her own games ABK will change is trajectory depending on whether Bayonetta is ascending or descending from her jump. This downward kicki is a reference to the Red-Hot Kick, an attack from Viewtiful Joe a game made by PlatinumGames predecessor Clover Studio.

Theres also the fact that Bayonetta was created by (Based) Hideki Kamiya, considered the creator of other amazing games such as Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Devil May Cry and The Wonderful 101. And it would be a great way to acknowledge the origins of her moves and the previous works of Based Kamiya.

Also, 'Red-Hot Kick' sounds way better and flashier than 'Divekick' or 'Facekick'. So theres that.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
In Smash it's the B1 Green one with red guns & blue head string things. But the defaults aren't far behind.

In Bayonetta in general........ whenever I pick B1 costume I love that one more than the B2 when I play as it, and vice versa. I simply cannot decide. Love them both!

I also love Bayonetta's White Dress, Starfox Mercenary, Hero of Hyrule, Umbra Gekko(?) & B1 Old dress.

Greda

Smash Journeyman
If Bayonetta becomes top tier in SSB4 that means shes going to be top tier in every fighting game she's been in.

If she becomes top 1 then she's going to be like that in every fighting game she's been in.

ThatStrangeDoll

Smash Cadet
If Bayonetta becomes top tier in SSB4 that means shes going to be top tier in every fighting game she's been in.

If she becomes top 1 then she's going to be like that in every fighting game she's been in.
I dont remember her being top tier in Anarchy Reigns.

Luig

Confused
I'm pretty sure that someone has noticed this, but if you jump a few frames before you up b, your jump isn't used up. Try it!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There is the problematic standing infinite and pin glitch for Corrin that needs to be addressed still. I imagine the dev team won't leave these in the game.

Smooth Criminal
And I'm sitting here wondering when Falco's jab will be fixed because when Ganondorf can Uair out of it, characters like Luigi, Ryu, and Yoshi can hard punish it, and the freaking game telling you his jab 2 to rapid jab is not a true combo, you know there's something wrong when everyone else has functioning and safer jabs even if they can fail like Captain Falcon, Corrin, and Greninja's rapid jab. That problem is not balancing; that problem is a move not functioning properly. If there was an in-game tip that said Falco's jab does not connect at all like Samus's then sure, but there isn't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom