• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And I'm sitting here wondering when Falco's jab will be fixed because when Ganondorf can Uair out of it, characters like Luigi, Ryu, and Yoshi can hard punish it, and the freaking game telling you his jab 2 to rapid jab is not a true combo, you know there's something wrong when everyone else has functioning and safer jabs even if they can fail like Captain Falcon, Corrin, and Greninja's rapid jab.
*cough* Samus jab *cough*

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
*cough* Samus jab *cough*
Read the edit. Samus's jab at 1.1.0 or something was apparently tweaked so it functions like a mixup jab. It can't true combo to jab 2, but it serves its purpose. Falco? You hesitate with jab 1 to jab 2 or jab 2 to rapid jab and you get hit. You go for a full jab combo and you get hit because the transition takes too long and it can happen during the finisher when he pushes you way too far away with the minimum amounts if rapid jab hits not to mention its high end lag.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
And I'm sitting here wondering when Falco's jab will be fixed because when Ganondorf can Uair out of it, characters like Luigi, Ryu, and Yoshi can hard punish it, and the freaking game telling you his jab 2 to rapid jab is not a true combo, you know there's something wrong when everyone else has functioning and safer jabs even if they can fail like Captain Falcon, Corrin, and Greninja's rapid jab. That problem is not balancing; that problem is a move not functioning properly. If there was an in-game tip that said Falco's jab does not connect at all like Samus's then sure, but there isn't.
Dedede would love to have a word about reliable jabs. I'm not complaining, though.

Also, the rest of Falco's kit is more than fine in just about every other respect. I dunno why you do this, Ffamran. It's kinda grating.

Smooth Criminal

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I got a bronze rank overall. 'You unlocked Hard mode!' NO THANK YOU NORMAL WAS HARD ENOUGH,
Overall, VERY solid game, but the sequel fixed everything. No instakill stuff, no QTEs that punish you, and the game feels faster paced
There's still insta-kill QTEs in 2, it's just harder to fail them since they're all mashing.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Dedede would love to have a word about reliable jabs. I'm not complaining, though.

Also, the rest of Falco's kit is more than fine in just about every other respect. I dunno why you do this, Ffamran. It's kinda grating.

Smooth Criminal
Triple D's is disjointed... Falco leans in... Falco has other good moves, but it's really frustrating when a basic option that is relatively safe for all characters is out of the question if not fatal for Falco. Jabs are supposed to be safe pokes and when it isn't, then it defeats the purpose of being a jab.

Edit: I really dislike moves not functioning correctly or lying to the player like attack trails that have no hitbox or massive disjoints.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Not all jabs are supposed to be made equal. This is even true in other fighters. Sometimes you're better off using other buttons in certain footsie/neutral situations, ala whiff punishing and counterpoking and whatever.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not all jabs are supposed to be made equal. This is even true in other fighters. Sometimes you're better off using other buttons in certain footsie/neutral situations, ala whiff punishing and counterpoking and whatever.

Smooth Criminal
Except it functioned fine in Brawl. Outside of the much lower total frames on jab 1 and 2, his rapid jab worked fine. There was really not reason to touch it. When Diddy and Fox's rapid jab were fixed, Ike and Samus's jab tweaked, it seems weird for his not too. I'm not asking it to be the best jab in the game; I'm only asking for it to function better.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Smooth Criminal
You look at Mewtwo's jab, which is pretty much outclassed in safe poking utility by dtilt (it generally only tacks on a little extra percent in combos), but is probably the most inconspicuous use of trample ever devised, ensuring Mewtwo wins a jab faceoff unless he's outsped.

Also, Bayonetta's jab isn't exactly the patron saint of jab safety. It's more like a second ftilt.

sp1r1t

Smash Rookie
How can you the double up B and how is it possible to hit the opponent with both of the up B's?
I did it once but the opponent got away after the first one...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You have to do the first up b before double jumping, and then you have to jump cancel it. Generally you're not gonna be able to follow it up raw with another up b, you should be doing something else first, such as 236 (quarter circle forward) b.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Petition to rename dABK as Red-Hot Kick
Now with an explanation

As all of you may know, by performing a quarter circle forward cotion with the joystick and pressing B in the air, Bayonettas After Burner Kick will change its usual trajectory and go diagonally down.

In her own games ABK will change is trajectory depending on whether Bayonetta is ascending or descending from her jump. This downward kicki is a reference to the Red-Hot Kick, an attack from Viewtiful Joe a game made by PlatinumGames predecessor Clover Studio.

Theres also the fact that Bayonetta was created by (Based) Hideki Kamiya, considered the creator of other amazing games such as Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Devil May Cry and The Wonderful 101. And it would be a great way to acknowledge the origins of her moves and the previous works of Based Kamiya.

Also, 'Red-Hot Kick' sounds way better and flashier than 'Divekick' or 'Facekick'. So theres that.
Ive done this since day 1 anyway :3

Even during casuals ill just shout RED HOT KICK whenever im using it cos goddamnit I love Joe AND WHERES MY VJ3 CAPCOM PLS ;-;

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
Am I going nuts or is there just frames in the tetsuzanko? I've heard her say the Akira line back to back before, and I'm just paranoid I'm not losing out on damage or knockback.

Edit: I think I'm just paranoid fellas, false alarm.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Edit: Probably should stop arguing over this...
"Functioned fine" meaning you can cancel it into his CG or any other nonsense in Brawl.

Smooth Criminal
I said outside of the low total frames on jab 1 and 2. The transition from jab 2 to rapid jab was fine. There was no need to mess with it in Smash 4. Chain-grabbing, I blame the developers and the game since even with the low total frames in Smash 4, Falco would only be doing what Fox, Luigi, Sheik, Triple D, and Yoshi do to get grabs, hit confirms, and safer jab mixups. Rapid jab functioned fine; rapid jab being good or bad? That's up to how they tune it like any other move. So, Samus's Ftilt functions, but is it a good move? Eh. Marth's Ftilt functions and with 1.1.4, it's terrifying. I mean, what if Ken's multi-hit Shoryuken in SFV wasn't good and didn't connect properly? Then that means it's not good and dysfunctional. Say they fix it and it connects better. Now it's still a bad move, perhaps it does little damage, but at least it functions.

That's what I'm trying to get at. Dysfunctional moves are more like bugs than tweaking under and over-performing moves. Zelda players asking for their Up Smash and Side Smash to connect properly is a buff, but one that's the result of moves working properly - an indirect buff. Zelda players asking for more damage on their Fair and Bair? Moves that function to be even stronger... Strictly a direct buff.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Who here thought Bayonetta being in the initial release of Smash 4 would have been a good way to promote Bayonetta 2?

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Anyone else been using Witch Time to get stupid looking edgeguards? Its extremely safe/strong on any character who clips through the stage on recovery.

Also, i find it really funny that one of the ones you can use that on is Little Mac, as if he wasnt gimp able enough.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Anyone else been using Witch Time to get stupid looking edgeguards? Its extremely safe/strong on any character who clips through the stage on recovery.

Also, i find it really funny that one of the ones you can use that on is Little Mac, as if he wasnt gimp able enough.
Look up Alpharad on youtube and watch his replay hut video's especially the Corrin and Bayonetta one. You're in for a treat.

TacoSaur

Smash Rookie
Hello :D I'm interested in join a bayonetta Skype group to have fun and improve skills, can I join? My Skype tag it's carlosenciso05

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I was thinking on making a player finder/matchmaking thread, but I suck with names, ideas?
:196:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I was thinking on making a player finder/matchmaking thread, but I suck with names, ideas?
Maybe something referencing the various encyclopedia's in her games? I.e. The Heiarchy of Laguna, Book of Infernal Demons, The Journal's Echoes, etc.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Cornfield or Corrinfield! Git ch'er fresh corn here! Grown locally in Nohr and mighty fine fer some soup with tomatoes and care-rits! *someone lights the corn on fire* MY CORNS! :p

Or something boring like the Barracks, the Book of Fates, L'armée de dragons, Militaires Sans Chaussures, the Husbando-Waifu Legion (HoWuL), or My Petting Zoo.

Edit: I thought I was in the Corrin social...

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Maybe something referencing the various encyclopedia's in her games? I.e. The Heiarchy of Laguna, Book of Infernal Demons, The Journal's Echoes, etc.
Lol yes

And then we can have players ranked within the Spheres depending on their power levels. First Sphere: Ninjalink

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
actually, on allstar mode and classic, the knockback scale is twice as much as normal meaning you will be more "used" to her attacks having more launching power. its better to train on versus/training to get the solid ground first
This is true. In the end, For Glory and whatnot are the best places to sharpen your skill. Quite frankly, there are things a human player can do that a computer player can't. All Star mode was really just mine own way of getting the hang of things. Since, as you said, the knockback on All-Star is doubled for opponents, I figured that if I can't beat that, then there's no way I'll stand a chance against a pro on For Glory.

Otterz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Otterz
This is true. In the end, For Glory and whatnot are the best places to sharpen your skill. Quite frankly, there are things a human player can do that a computer player can't. All Star mode was really just mine own way of getting the hang of things. Since, as you said, the knockback on All-Star is doubled for opponents, I figured that if I can't beat that, then there's no way I'll stand a chance against a pro on For Glory.
Well, if you have to play online with no local alternative, then Anther's Ladder is far better than For Glory.

Top Bottom