• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I also beat bayonetta 1 on hard, I've only played bayonetta 2 once though on normal, I should fix that.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I also beat bayonetta 1 on hard, I've only played bayonetta 2 once though on normal, I should fix that.
that would be the opposite of me. Bayo 1 Normal,Bayo 2 Hard. getting into the series I didn't want it to be too harsh on me,so i went for Normal,then warmed up to higher difficulties in the next game. did not do Infinite Climax on either though.
:212:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was planning on playing on normal and then again on hard after, but I never got around to it.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I just started Hard on Bayo 1 yesterday :0
I've done 2nd, 3rd, and Infinite Climax on Bayo 2

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Bayo 2 was unplayable unless you played 3rd climax, everything else was too easy.

Now Bayo 1's hard mode destroyed me, but I liked it :)

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I never played a Bayonetta game before. I have downloaded Bayo 2 demo before... I should play them one day...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Been messing around with the Kafka, and I've found that you can get more mileage out of it by using it in tandem with other weapons, ie. firing arrows until the enemy approaches, then either use your foot weapon or switch sets (also try taunting for extra combo points).

Also seem to have found a weird quirk in Witch Trial 1 where using it against the four Acceptances in the second verse causes them to just sit there and take the arrows.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I've done 5 chapters so far on Hard mode in Bayo 1, all with the Gaze of Despair equipped. Gold and above so far! Almost got a Pure Platinum on Fortitudo, but he caught me off guard in his second phase >~<

I'm not focusing on rank during my Hard mode run, though. Right now my goal is to finish all of the Alfheim's since I only got, like, 2 in my first run. They hid them extremely well in the original.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I've done 5 chapters so far on Hard mode in Bayo 1, all with the Gaze of Despair equipped. Gold and above so far! Almost got a Pure Platinum on Fortitudo, but he caught me off guard in his second phase >~<

I'm not focusing on rank during my Hard mode run, though. Right now my goal is to finish all of the Alfheim's since I only got, like, 2 in my first run. They hid them extremely well in the original.
One of them wasn't a Wicked Weave-only challenge was it? Those are the worst.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
One of them wasn't a Wicked Weave-only challenge was it? Those are the worst.
Oh yes, there was one. It took me about 20 minutes, but it wasn't too bad. The most annoying one for me was the "Use Enemy Arms!" one. On Hard they throw Grace & Glory at you D:

Also, it was bugging me, so last night I fought Fortitudo again, and this time I got a Perfect Platinum! :D

2fast

Smash Journeyman
So question for you guys:

Whats the general consensus here on how bayonetta stands up to the rest of the cast currently? She currently has great results in the hands of great players which could be because people dont know how to play against her, or its cuz she is just that good, or even a combination of both. Zero was right that you have to be patient against her and give her respect thanks to witchtime and her punish game but with her tools and what she can do in witch time, I cant see how bayo could be any less than top 5. Even when people learn how to play against her, I dont think it will matter too much because of just how powerful I feel her tools are. Especially when we learn to fully optimize things like witchtime.

Im only asking this because I fear that in the future bayo is going to start receiving quite a bit of hate because of how powerful I feel she is. What do you guys think?

Spatman

Smash Ace
So question for you guys:

Whats the general consensus here on how bayonetta stands up to the rest of the cast currently? She currently has great results in the hands of great players which could be because people dont know how to play against her, or its cuz she is just that good, or even a combination of both. Zero was right that you have to be patient against her and give her respect thanks to witchtime and her punish game but with her tools and what she can do in witch time, I cant see how bayo could be any less than top 5. Even when people learn how to play against her, I dont think it will matter too much because of just how powerful I feel her tools are. Especially when we learn to fully optimize things like witchtime.

Im only asking this because I fear that in the future bayo is going to start receiving quite a bit of hate because of how powerful I feel she is. What do you guys think?
it's too early to say some things for sure.
But surely she has some interesting tools and some very strong possibilities. So nobody could ever underestimate her, everyone will have to respect her options independently from her positioning in the tier lists.
However at the same time she will ever have some defects which make her not adapt to every kind of players, and it will be very interesting to see if some Bayo mainer will succeed to mitigate these flaws against competent pro players. If no, she won't be top5.

About the hating: the only problem with it, it's if Sakurai would be influenced by it and strongly nerf her like it happened to Diddy.
But probably it won't be the case.
So, who cares? only suggestion I can give you about it: don't struggle with the hating, indulge and humour it. When an hater says you "you win only because this character is op!!!" you reply him "you're right", and put in evidence the strongest options of this character while you rekt him with them. And laugh in their face. A lot.

Luig

Confused
I might actually check here somewhat often. I really like the character, enough to play her regularly, but probably not enough to main her.

Kaora

Smash Cadet
When sonic spindash, you can also do uptilt (to get him out) follow by a upsmash (sonic doesn't have time to airdodge if you're quick with the up tilt, so he should not be able to up b as well)

AC NuBurs

Defence Bowser
NNID
ACNuBurs
I made a video, last time I made a thread about a video I got in trouble so I will post it here instead.

D

Deleted member

Hello everyone! Some of you may know who I am already, so I suppose there is no need for an introduct-- I'm just Flight. I downloaded her yesterday and I'm quite liking her playstyle so far. Been practicing stuff for hours.

The best windows amiright :troll:
Nah, Windows ME is clearly the better one.

I never played a Bayonetta game before. I have downloaded Bayo 2 demo before... I should play them one day...
I've been thinking about downloading the demo recently. Not sure when I'll actually do that, though.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I've been thinking about downloading the demo recently. Not sure when I'll actually do that, though.
I should download the demo again and decide if i should play both games. I heard they are really good games.

Welcome to the Bayonetta Social. :)

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I hope both of you enjoy both the character and her games. they really are a blast to play. just playing the Demo level should tell you how awesome those games are :D.

:212:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Skip the demo and just play the games. Everyone should play the Bayonetta games.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Hello all! I am back from an local tourny in sweden! (at Närcon Vinter)

I did get pretty far in singles and doubles (to quarter finals in singles) but sadly, Bayonetta (and Corrin) was not legal due "one Month old" rule so I was Jr.
but I did use Bayonetta in friendlies against my competive friends and dayum they were impressed of her! say all said I could easy get past Semi and to Finals with her, that was nice to hear 'D'

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hello I got 2 questions

1. Do you think that Bayonetta's inclusion in this game gives a larger chance for Bayonetta 3
2. would you replace Bayonetta with a Call of Duty Soilder

of course i wouldn't

what do you guys think

Top Bottom