• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Fun Fact: The Bayonetta franchise was never intended to have Japanese voice dubbing. Even the original Japanese release of the first game only had English voice acting. Series creator Hideki Kamiya believed Japanese VA's couldnt capture the personalities of the characters properly. Japanese dubbing was added to the games after Hideki Kamiya was suprisingly impressed with the VAs chosen for the Bloody Fate movie.

Thats why in the JP version of Bayo in SSB4 she has JP voice acting for her default Bayo2 costumes, but English for her Bayo1 costumes, to reference this fact.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Fun Fact: The Bayonetta franchise was never intended to have Japanese voice dubbing. Even the original Japanese release of the first game only had English voice acting. Series creator Hideki Kamiya believed Japanese VA's couldnt capture the personalities of the characters properly. Japanese dubbing was added to the games after Hideki Kamiya was suprisingly impressed with the VAs chosen for the Bloody Fate movie.

Thats why in the JP version of Bayo in SSB4 she has JP voice acting for her default Bayo2 costumes, but English for her Bayo1 costumes, to reference this fact.
thats actually a really awesome fact

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I thought Hideki said it was because witchcraft and such is European and not Japanese

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's Bayo-****ing-netta, she needs ALL the attention she can get and if she can't get naked, it's a good substitute
The dancing witch with guns on her heels that summons demons with her hair doesn't get enough attention?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i have nothing against any of the characters

my list was really in regards to how the characters play

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

What's this I hear about tier list bandwagons?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
gj getting bannT because of those swears in your tier list :^)

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
gj getting bannT because of those swears in your tier list :^)
Oh, jeez, I didn't even think about that. I just copied this from when I posted it on Tumblr. Heheh.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Just remembered something I wanted to share with the rest of you.

When you activate witch time, pay attention to the umbran style clock hand. Witch time ends when the hand strikes 12 'o clock. Naturally, the more time you have, the longer it'll take, and vise versa if it's been used too much.

We can use this to know exactly when witch time will end for proper followups (such as setting up spikes).

I'll post this in the metagame thread as well.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
wait, people didn't know that?

i figured that out like the first time i used the move lol

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
wait, people didn't know that?

i figured that out like the first time i used the move lol
I think this is partly due to the clock hand not functioning like that in the actual games. In the games, it's purely aesthetic.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think this is partly due to the clock hand not functioning like that in the actual games. In the games, it's purely aesthetic.
Really? I was sure Witch Time usually stops when the clock hand makes a full revolution in the source games. It's just harder to see, because most times, the hand either disappears or becomes too transparent to see halfway through.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Can someone explain Bat Within to me? I know what it does and stuff, but AD-spamming Bayos always seem to break out of my strings faster than any other char. What frame does it activate on AD? Can anyone explain?

Oh and the only thing yall should know about my tier list is that diddy, yoshi, luigi, and olimar can die in a fire lol.

Last edited:

ElMoro995

Smash Cadet
Can someone explain Bat Within to me? I know what it does and stuff, but AD-spamming Bayos always seem to break out of my strings faster than any other char. What frame does it activate on AD? Can anyone explain?

Oh and the only thing yall should know about my tier list is that diddy, luigi, and olimar can die in a fire lol.
Airdodge and spotdodge BW is frame 1, roll BW is frame 3

SnareTheToxic

Smash Rookie

Oh and the only thing yall should know about my tier list is that diddy, luigi, and olimar can die in a fire lol.
I'm not sure of the exact frame, but it feels like the very first few. The moment of collision with a hitbox at the start of a dodge will trigger it every time. As I said in an earlier post, it's best used against projectiles as the damage is usually minimal, even 0 on a few.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer

Kamiya is a reverse-weeaboo, and I love him for it.

& I need to practice bat within-ing projectiles. Will probably end up make or breaking a few matchups for her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom