• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Even failed witch times? Whoah
It's a common trait among counters to have an invincible period.

Witch time has a counter window from 5-21, so she's only intangible during most the witch time window.

Also, Bat within starts right after the invincibility. (frames 17-29) Since Witch time goes until F21, it explains why Bayonetta can do the WTime+BW sometimes when she counters. It's a 5 frame window.

Last edited:

Earthboundy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Earthboundy
3DS FC
0173-1290-2436
Please stop my worrying that this charcter is SSS tier and is nearly as bad as brawl mk

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
If you think Bayonetta is even close to Brawl MK, you're beyond help at this point

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah Bayonetta is way worse than Brawl MK, instant ban. The opponent might as well just put down their controller and walk away.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Yeah Bayonetta is way worse than Brawl MK, instant ban. The opponent might as well just put down their controller and walk away.
She even has several guaranteed 0-death combos. You cant even DI out of them.

Spirst

MK had godlike frame data, good kill power, multiple jumps, a small frame, good mobility (but poor airspeed), transcendent priority on almost all his attacks, and had good dodge data outside of spotdodge.

Bayo has a taller hurtbox and is also light like MK, but has terrible dodge data outside of Bat Within, kinda poor startup on moves, slow mobility outside of her burst movement options, and can have some trouble fishing for kills at high %s since the combos discovered have a hard time landing on good opponents post-week one.

She's definitely a good character but I wouldn't even put her above ZSS or Sheik, let alone Brawl MK who was extremely ridiculous relative to the cast.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I... i just can't look at her extremely long and slender body in Bayonetta 1+2 without feeling weird after getting used to her Smash 3D-model. X~X
Anyone else having that problem?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I... i just can't look at her extremely long and slender body in Bayonetta 1+2 without feeling weird after getting used to her Smash 3D-model. X~X
Anyone else having that problem?
No; looking at her is always weird for me due to her poses...and family members seeing them.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
Was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I'm a wifi warrior and only do offline play at tourneys, im very consistent with her combos, but today I stepped into training mode and consistently ****ed up her combos because im so used to lag of wifi. especially the wt->wt based ones(as they have a stricked timing), which also happens to be the combos i use most.

has anyone else ran into these probs with bayo?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's why you don't really play online, and if you do, don't take results too seriously: it's simply a very different way to play.
:196:

dskank

Smash Journeyman
That's why you don't really play online, and if you do, don't take results too seriously: it's simply a very different way to play.
:196:
all the dedicated smashers in my area are an hours drive away, so it's really the only choice i have to progress as a student of the game lol. i exclusively play on anthers ladder and sets on that site have the same intensity as most tourney sets, it's definitely the same game, the timings just a little off.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I want to be good with this character but I feel like having her as a secondary is not going to work for me, plus I can't do most of her fancy kill confirms.

rip me.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
it's definitely the same game, the timings just a little off
It's because the timing's off (input delay) that it's different, not to mention random **** like lag spikes and disconnects inevitably cropping up as well. You're not going to face any of this in real-time, mano y mano play (unless you're playing on a crappy monitor or a borked console). There's a whole bunch of other nuances as well, ranging from character-specific things that abuse input delay to employing strats that exploit the online environment. It really is a different game than offline.

It's ok to use it for like, abstraction and forming loose opinion on MUs and whatnot. You gotta learn to separate the two, though. You'll be better off in the long run.

Smooth Criminal

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/02/bayonetta_couldve_been_in_project_x_zone_2

Bayonetta could have been in Project X Zone 2, but Kamiya turned it down because he wanted to make a crossover between Devil May Cry and Bayonetta at some point. I haven't really followed that game, but the lack of Platinum characters did seem weird; plus, not having a team-up between Bayonetta and Dante or Bayonetta and Morrigan seems like a missed opportunity.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/02/bayonetta_couldve_been_in_project_x_zone_2

Bayonetta could have been in Project X Zone 2, but Kamiya turned it down because he wanted to make a crossover between Devil May Cry and Bayonetta at some point. I haven't really followed that game, but the lack of Platinum characters did seem weird; plus, not having a team-up between Bayonetta and Dante or Bayonetta and Morrigan seems like a missed opportunity.
The PXZ2 developers have expressed an interest in making a third if demand is sufficient.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Kamiya is the one who revealed it, and he said he regrets it now. This is why I like Kamiya. His first **** up and he says 'Yeah, that was dumb of me'

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I love how everyone complaining Bayonetta is OP but she really isnt. sure she has death combos but without WT and "gimps", she really needs a hard read to kill the opponent after the combo% because her kills moves are reactable

but I arent saying she is bad. she is really good for the good she does! she is totally on same tier with Sheik, Rosalina and ZSS right now

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I love how everyone complaining Bayonetta is OP but she really isnt. sure she has death combos but without WT and "gimps", she really needs a hard read to kill the opponent after the combo% because her kills moves are reactable

but I arent saying she is bad. she is really good for the good she does! she is totally on same tier with Sheik, Rosalina and ZSS right now
Bayonetta doesn't need reads to kill the opponent lol, you dance around their shield till they try and jump or roll out and you catch them with back air.

Also saying a character is good without X tools is meaningless because they have those tools. Bayonetta gimps a lot of characters for free lol.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Bayonetta doesn't need reads to kill the opponent lol, you dance around their shield till they try and jump or roll out and you catch them with back air.

Also saying a character is good without X tools is meaningless because they have those tools. Bayonetta gimps a lot of characters for free lol.
well, I tried something with WiiAse Ryu at Beast 6 friendlies. I played around his shield with everything but when he still had 200% and I couldnt kill him without WT and didnt gimped him either for the test.

but I can admit that I didnt spaced with BAir that much so it was proberly my fault that part

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Nothin we all just enjoying our 90% For Glory win rates with Freenetta Queen of the Free

Megamang

Smash Lord
If you guys wanna keep this character at the level she is at I would avoid reckless FG abuse, people complaining can go a long way but I like this character as a top tier. Sure her neutral as a weakness feels like a silly excuse, but at least compared to Shiek she doesn't win it for free and as an opponent it feels less oppressive. Good SDI saves you from ludicrous damage confirms, though she still hits really freakin hard.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Yep. Financial incentive gives us lots of solid new characters, as well as continued updates. With consoles its expected we pay a price for continued attention. Without it, we'd be in shieldstunless diddy dthrow hell.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Yep. Financial incentive gives us lots of solid new characters, as well as continued updates. With consoles its expected we pay a price for continued attention
the way Nintendo creates DLCs (creating content AFTER the games release) is something I gladly support, those DLC that are already done in the game/disc when released is just dumb
Without it, we'd be in shieldstunless diddy dthrow hell.
*insert fitting hell gif*

Last edited:

Megamang

Smash Lord
Right, and these characters are completely new content too. Regardless of how much people here would complain, you know they'd make money with reskinned pandering.

But instead we get lots of good characters. The DLCs all have really solid depth and potential, except arguably Roy IMO.

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
I feel like there are certain characters who do well in for glory because they can counter bad habits that fg players use really well. A lot of fg players throw out unsafe moves or smashes and witch time can make quick work of that.

Megamang

Smash Lord
I agree. Also, online it is a little harder to connect attacks and punish moves so WT gets a boost as do solid hit confirms. They probably don't feel Bayo has any trouble connecting when they are purple and immobile though :p

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Speaking of punishing bad habits, I played a jigglypuff last night who lost both stocks because he thought a fully charged neutralB (rollout) was a good way to get back on stage. Both times, I WT'd the move, then did dtilt to upsmash.

Like, you would think he'd have learned that was a bad idea. Some people are their own worst enemies.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I love the $5.99 meme

It's the only good one Smash has ever produced

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Hi Bayo social users ♥

It is i , the random person that you clearly don't know about and says ''hi''.

---------------------------- moving on from that ----------------------------

I thought this was pretty funny as a Peach main

You know , specially when Peach is not like melee anymore (the irony) :secretkpop:

Last edited by a moderator:

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
is there a skype group i can join? Or is there anyone that can help me, since I can't seem to pull of a single combo from that video?
Specifically, I'm having a lot of trouble comboing fair 1 into dabk

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Apparently I've missed out on something.

What is this $5.99 meme you speak of?
I first saw it when Salem beat Nairo, and now it's in twitch chat whenever Bayo wins anything, the joke is apparently that Bayo is pay2win, when she's not, the players now getting better results with her were already very good players, now some of my friends think Bayo is pay2win, but they always make excuses every time Nairo loses.

Top Bottom