• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I guess so. Just from my experience on there (went cause bored) everyone was kinda just an advanced for glory player. The so called 'platinum' players arent any better than the bronzes lol
>TFW I still struggle with bronze players

I believe you. But until I figure out a plan to drive down to Versus, For Glory and Anther's is the best I got. Assuming there aren't events closer to me.

I should actually check that.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Look, I think FG is as bad as the next guy (I even swore off the mode at one point), but besides being far easier to get a game going, you get experience dealing with both good and bad players.

And while FG players are generally more toxic, it's not like there arent any douchebags on anther's either.

Last edited:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
>TFW I still struggle with bronze players

I believe you. But until I figure out a plan to drive down to Versus, For Glory and Anther's is the best I got. Assuming there aren't events closer to me.

I should actually check that.
I do give lessons if you're interested lol
Look, I think FG is as bad as the next guy (I even swore off the mode at one point), but besides being far easier to get a game going, you get experience dealing with both good and bad players.

And while FG players are generally more toxic, it's not like there arent any douchebags on anther's either.
Yea I dealt with some. oh boy lol

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
There are some legit guys on Anthers. Anti plays there. Dabuz. Cacogen. There are a few others.

IDK i dont play ranked anymore really. I mostly just play to test **** and evolve. Online isnt where I test my skill. Thats what tournaments are for. *shrug*

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Oh really? That's pretty cool. How much do you charge per lesson? I may look into it.
$20/hour and $15 for my subs. I teach fundamentals and lab with your character among other stuff. Option coverage, how to reduce your mental load during a match, etc.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ninjalink also works under The Rule of Two.

After you surpass him as an apprentice you must destroy him.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Basically you are Sith Lord.

Also I would love to run Ryu vs Bayo with you sometime. I hate dittos so I would prolly use Ryu vs her and I wanna lrn the match.

Last edited:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Basically you are Sith Lord.

Also I would love to run Ryu vs Bayo with you sometime. I hate dittos so I would prolly use Ryu vs her and I wanna lrn the match.
I use Ryu too ya kno lol I'm not a fan of dittos in general. Only ditto i like is marth dittos in melee lol

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
Hey guys. I've been trying to convince people that Bayo's d-air is ridiculous to the point that it can KO at 0%. I was going to make a vid as evidence, but I heard some people here acknowledge that her d-air is too strong. So, are you guys in agreement that Bayo's d-air can absolutely kill at low%, including 0%?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

If you're off-stage, and maybe in a Witch Time situation, sure. There's a really good chance that you're dead. From zero percent, though? That's very unlikely, considering the variables and how matches flow overall.

No denying it's a powerful move, though. On-stage, it has the potential to kill most characters at high-ish percentages with its insane knockback.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
This is true. In the end, For Glory and whatnot are the best places to sharpen your skill. Quite frankly, there are things a human player can do that a computer player can't. All Star mode was really just mine own way of getting the hang of things. Since, as you said, the knockback on All-Star is doubled for opponents, I figured that if I can't beat that, then there's no way I'll stand a chance against a pro on For Glory.
Pretty good way of training actually. Might have to try it myself.
(Also your signature is pretty cool )

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
I wonder how many people actually tested her d-air. Its base knockback is really high. Not even Ganon's d-air will KO at 0%, as you only get a "soft" hit. Bayo's is a "hard" hit all the time.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yeah he doesnt mean on stage.

I mean...he DID compare it to Ganons spike.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
So how have you guys fared fighting against bayonetta? And not dittos, but with other characters?

The last few days, I've picked up bowser again (used to play him a lot, but that was before the upthrow buff), and have run into a lot of pretty bad bayonettas. And not "this is my first time playing her" bad, but "spam witch time 3 times in a row just to get grabbed" bad.

I've also noticed that people dont seem to understand that while sideB is a good combo starter, it's unsafe on shield, especially if you do it from half the stage away.

And whats with people recovering by doing afterburning kick past the ledge and right onto the stage? Twice in the same session, I had bayos sideBing onstage just to get ftilted back off of it.

Lets not forget people who constantly go for downsmash spikes, even if the opponent always recovers low and theres almost no chance of it hitting because it doesnt reach nearly far enough below the ledge. Gimping them or using dair would be far better options.

And perhaps worst of all, the people using the bayo2 outfit. These people have no shame. :4bayonetta2:

Last edited:

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Most of these people just like dank memes and want to plays like alpharad.

It makes me sad that this makes ganon play seem like its just a joke or to be rude, and the same thing happens with any new DLC character or anyone with a rude gimp like marios fludd or diddy peanuts

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Killing with short hop immediate dair is the second best thing about bayonetta, after doing a fancy combo and then killing yourself.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
So how have you guys fared fighting against bayonetta? And not dittos, but with other characters?

The last few days, I've picked up bowser again (used to play him a lot, but that was before the upthrow buff), and have run into a lot of pretty bad bayonettas. And not "this is my first time playing her" bad, but "spam witch time 3 times in a row just to get grabbed" bad.

I've also noticed that people dont seem to understand that while sideB is a good combo starter, it's unsafe on shield, especially if you do it from half the stage away.

And whats with people recovering by doing afterburning kick past the ledge and right onto the stage? Twice in the same session, I had bayos sideBing onstage just to get ftilted back off of it.

Lets not forget people who constantly go for downsmash spikes, even if the opponent always recovers low and theres almost no chance of it hitting because it doesnt reach nearly far enough below the ledge. Gimping them or using dair would be far better options.

And perhaps worst of all, the people using the bayo2 outfit. These people have no shame. :4bayonetta2:
I play Bayo dittos because I'm an absolute madman

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Bayo dittos are so goofy, you straight up can't approach with extended heel slide. Otherwise they'll just Wtime your bullet arts

It's funny because FG is clogged with post DLC newbies who don't know about it and I usually just taunt and bullet art dtilt to teach them to never do that again

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I love how Bae dittos are all about trading Specials and activating Witch Time.
:196:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm gonna assume this was already posted, but apparently Bayonetta also gets to mess with physics.

Action Kazimer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1005-9002-5481

I actually mained Bowser up until now, so I was really curious to see how the fight goes. I feel like I've seen him shrug off bullet climax at pretty high percentages. Took me a few rounds to stop throwing it out as often as I usually do. On the Bowser side, aside from being combo food as usual, I've mostly had fun with the fight.

Yes.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Occasionally I'll accidentally ABK past the ledge and get punished, but sometimes i'll escape that by pushing them away with BAs.

Also there's nothing wrong with the Bayo 2 costume! Though I prefer the default original, sometimes I'll switch to Bayo 2 for fun.
:4bayonetta:<- The girl on the left is just as beautiful as the girl on the right ->:4bayonetta2:

Last edited:

Action Kazimer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1005-9002-5481
She really looks amazing either way. I actually expected to prefer her skin from 2, but I find myself going back to the original constantly.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I wonder if anyone here would watch me stream Bayonetta 1/2 lol

I realized this has probably been the most I posted in years. Whelp.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

As I play Bowser I apply the same strategy as I do with Bayonetta. Patient and just wait for a slip up. Damage is just damage.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
:4bayonetta:<- The girl on the left is just as beautiful as the girl on the right ->:4bayonetta2:
Personally, I like the hairstyle of the one on the right better, which is why I picked that one as mine default. I just find it a lot more exotic-looking. [EDIT] Though, I do like the earrings of the one on the left, too.

Anyhow, I recently tweeted Kamiya a snapshot of the middle photo in mine signature and he ended up liking it, along with tons of others. I dare say, I was so scared he would block me that I was overwhelmed with relief by his response.

Pretty good way of training actually. Might have to try it myself.
(Also your signature is pretty cool )
Yeah, the photos were a real pain to take, especially the top-left and the bottom-right. The top-left is the very start of Marth and Lucina's Dolphin Slash. It took me forever to get the timing just right. As for the bottom-right, with Cloud, Shulk, and Riki, the annoying part was really just getting the Assist Trophy I wanted. The rest were all about timing. I did them all by mineself with two controllers, three for the bottom-left.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Well i beat them both on hard. Beat all the DMCs (yes even DMC2 on both discs) on Very hard and DMD.
That's not an indication if you are good though. I mean good as at least platinum good on Infinite Climax.
Because I'd watch that. Yoshesque is awesome and everything, but watching someone else on a similar level would be a nice change.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044

That's not an indication if you are good though. I mean good as at least platinum good on Infinite Climax.
Because I'd watch that. Yoshesque is awesome and everything, but watching someone else on a similar level would be a nice change.
*Looks that person up*
Ooh this person did the final boss on 3rd Climax. I wanted to see someone else do that fight on Hard actually. that boss's movement along with the background messed with me the first time i did it on Hard.

:212:

Top Bottom