• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Potential Bayonetta customs!
B1: Onyx Roses: The shots are slower, but do more damage
B2: Kafka: A single arrow that when fully charged, deal poison damage
Side B1: Durga flame, the kick is now a kill move at the sacrifice of less range
Side B2: Durga lighting. Think Ike's Close Combat for After Burner Kick
Up B1: Alruna, longer start up, but can grab enemies from above and slam them too the ground
Up B2: Rakshasa: Extended reach and much more damage, but makes Bayonetta helpless
Down B1: Rosemary beads: When countering, Witch Time doesn't trigger, but a powerful projectile gets launched from where Bayo was hit, works on projectiles
Down B2: Parry.Witch Time isn't triggered, but the foe instead gets stunned for a short amount of time

Thoughts?
this sounds really fun. I wish the DLC Characters got customs.
Part of me wants to see the Giant Hammer put in,but I don't see that happening.

:212:

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Personally, I like Nairo more to begin with. Zero focuses way too much on her weaknesses which basically translate to "she's not Sheik". Never mind he does not understand that this character is like polar opposite of his playstyle. You have to actually use all her moves and she's a punisher character. If I had the video sources, I'd make a video going into how to play the Bayonetta games and transfer that to Smash.

On the subject of Bayo 2 sales, I've heard they're actually pretty good for a WiiU game, but they're going to spike big time following the upcoming rerelease. Smash exposure is a very powerful marketing tool.
Dude Bayo 2 already sold around 1 million and it's one hell of a niche game. It's the Wii U niche equivalent to Bloodborne on the PS4 and bb only sold twice as much even though the PS4 has a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger install base.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Pretty sure the people who complained were the few who di
Will it? It is a re-release and I don't think those typically cause a huge boost in sales unless there was a significant amount of time between the two.

d buy the game. But I guess it's easier to just make broad generalizations.
Smash is one of the Wii U's best selling games, almost everyone is like 'Boy howdy, I sure like this Bayonetta person. She's fun! Let's see if her games are as fun as she is in Smash' now, so yeah. Also decided to torture myself. I got the Gaze of Death. ALMOST got Pure Platinum on the prologue too

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Smash is one of the Wii U's best selling games, almost everyone is like 'Boy howdy, I sure like this Bayonetta person. She's fun! Let's see if her games are as fun as she is in Smash' now, so yeah. Also decided to torture myself. I got the Gaze of Death. ALMOST got Pure Platinum on the prologue too
Which Bayonetta you playing?
I believe anyone who wanted mad halos would torture themselves to do so :p Unless you're a certain unlockable character in 2,then its pretty tough.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Pretty sure the people who complained were the few who di
Will it? It is a re-release and I don't think those typically cause a huge boost in sales unless there was a significant amount of time between the two.

d buy the game. But I guess it's easier to just make broad generalizations.
You're also forgetting that a product came spike in sales after it's promoted by someone else. In this case, Smash has made a lot of people curious about Bayonetta.

I strongly believe Platinum has found an unlikely audience in Nintendo.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I'm loving the amount of attention bayonetta is getting. So many people are trying out the games, and it's just so cool to see it explode like this.

Best of all, we've got youtubers like Omni (huge change of heart since his original impression) and AceStarThe3rd (who is kind of s scrub at the game lol) with big audiences that get to see the game for themselves if they didnt feel like buying just yet.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Bayonetta 1. Also, I was cruisin on Route 666 and spontaneously combusted wtf
I don't know how to explain that one. I went so fast that i was only concerned with dodging and jumping my way to safety.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I swear, Tomorrow Is Mine is like the ultimate girl power anthem.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't know how to explain that one. I went so fast that i was only concerned with dodging and jumping my way to safety.

I rage quit after I lost ALL MY ****ING HEALTH when replaying that stage. Maybe it was a glitch, I fell through the floor multiple times and accidentally sped off some ledges that I thought were stable. My copy might be glitched Q.Q

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
I rage quit after I lost ALL MY ****ING HEALTH when replaying that stage. Maybe it was a glitch, I fell through the floor multiple times and accidentally sped off some ledges that I thought were stable. My copy might be glitched Q.Q
Gaze of Despair OP.

"Bang-Bang! Down-Down!"
DAT SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX.
No vocals sadly,but that SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
Man some people online are really doubtful of Bayonetta's viability.
I think saw once person say she is "as trashy as mewtwo".

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
how? o: could it be the platforms closer to deathzone?

if thats the case, I actually prefer dreamland due on top platform its possible to kill someone with DBK->DBK->WT at reaaaaaaally low %
Lylats platforms are perfect for getup traps and both our uSmash and uTilt reach people on the platforms. Our nAir pressure gets better too.
While our opponent actually has to walk on and off those platforms we can just zig zag around thanks to facekick.
Also we don't suffer from the stage tilts and it can create nice angles for our nSpecial.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I think Lylat has the least problematic platforms although I still think I ultimately prefer T&C and Smashville for consistency in terms of divekicking away and just spacing my air game in general. FD is the ultimate choice but realistically people are gonna start banning that vs. Bayo I think.

Duck Hunt is good too. Lylat seems aight as well, but a lot of characters get better on there so that's also worth considering.

Personally my priority list is FD (if not banned) > Duck Hunt > T&C = Smashville = Lylat >>>>> Battlefield > DL64

I probably missed a stage but whatever. I don't think I like playing on Umbra Clock Tower and considering Pikachu gets an apparent advantage because he can QAC anywhere on it (dunno if this is omega only or not) I'd rather not have it legal for....reasons, assuming the Pika QAC thing works on the default.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Lylats platforms are perfect for getup traps and both our uSmash and uTilt reach people on the platforms. Our nAir pressure gets better too.
While our opponent actually has to walk on and off those platforms we can just zig zag around thanks to facekick.
Also we don't suffer from the stage tilts and it can create nice angles for our nSpecial.
dats really nice! I should consider playing on the stage more then! only thing is I dont like the stage in general xD

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I think Lylat has the least problematic platforms although I still think I ultimately prefer T&C and Smashville for consistency in terms of divekicking away and just spacing my air game in general. FD is the ultimate choice but realistically people are gonna start banning that vs. Bayo I think.

Duck Hunt is good too. Lylat seems aight as well, but a lot of characters get better on there so that's also worth considering.

Personally my priority list is FD (if not banned) > Duck Hunt > T&C = Smashville = Lylat >>>>> Battlefield > DL64

I probably missed a stage but whatever. I don't think I like playing on Umbra Clock Tower and considering Pikachu gets an apparent advantage because he can QAC anywhere on it (dunno if this is omega only or not) I'd rather not have it legal for....reasons, assuming the Pika QAC thing works on the default.
After testing Duckhunt for quite a while with her, I actually don't like it that much because those freakin ducks keep spawning into my facekicks.
I also ban Smashville just to piss people off.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
After testing Duckhunt for quite a while with her, I actually don't like it that much because those freakin ducks keep spawning into my facekicks.
Oh, they actually hit you out of Divekick? That's...unfortunate.

On a side note, this character needs to stop being so fun.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Oh, they actually hit you out of Divekick? That's...unfortunate.

On a side note, this character needs to stop being so fun.
I hope the wild ride never ends. Beating bots slowly stops being fun and online sucks. Can't wait to take her to a tourney.
I also hope she gets reasonable nerfs if any at all, as long as she doesn't turn out to dominate everyone.

Good night.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Seeing people comment like that makes me smile because I show them some combo videos or challenge them myself and make them regret their choice of words. Any character in the right hands can be good if you put the time into practicing the character and getting good ( for lack of a better word ).

Greda

Smash Journeyman
As trashy as Mewtwo? Please. Mewtwo is overpowered compared to Bayonetta. At least Mewtwo has options, all Bayonetta has are hurr durr Nair spam and thats her only decent move. Also, Mewtwo actually has a projectile that works. And combos that are actually true (and do damage).

She's going to be Z tier on the tier list. I know this because my uncle owns NoA and he knows the person in charge of making tier lists. Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
It doesn't help that ZeRo doesn't seem to be impressed
He's obviously a great player but I hate his mentality "If a character isn't at Sheik level than is bad/isn't worth it".
My suggestion is just moving on and see how the Bayonetta's meta will evolve.

Last edited:

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Did you guys see NinjaLink at Nebulous Prime? He did some amazing things with Bayonetta last night and placed second. I couldn't find the full videos of his matches but here are some clips that really prove Bayonetta's viability.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/44p17z/ninjalinks_bayonetta_sorcery/

EDIT:

I derped and said AeroLink instead of NinjaLink. No wonder I couldn't find the video on Youtube.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well of course he's not impressed.

She isnt sheik.
To be more specific, Bayonetta actually requires using all her tools. Then there's how she's bait and punish vs. Sheik's "lol what's disadvantage on shield?"

Considering his little whining fit in the CCI last month, I don't care for him in general. I'd rather hear the opinion of someone like Nairo or Dabuz over him.
That song got me through military training lol
I'd like to hear more about this.
Did you guys see AeroLink at Nebulous Prime? He did some amazing things with Bayonetta last night and placed second. I couldn't find the full videos of his matches but here are some clips that really prove Bayonetta's viability.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/44p17z/ninjalinks_bayonetta_sorcery/
My only problem with Ninja Link's Bayonetta was that it was too aggro and that ultimately got him to be beaten. Still, he has a very solid foundation for her.

Top Bottom