• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Probably Uair; it follows up everything (including itself), can setup into other things (especially reversed and/or with platform autocancelling), has excellent coverage, reaches around moves, can be used either direction, etc. Also, reverse Uair>footstool>wizkick.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
When you finish reading all the threads on the Ganondorf Boards:

Last edited:

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
My favorite moves are gerudo and ftilt. Gerudo because Ganoncides were why I started playing Ganon in Brawl and ftilt because it kills and sets up edgeguards so easily.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Warlock bloody Punch. I don't even care that the move is basically useless in 1v1*, there's just such a visceral satisfaction to straight up instakilling someone in a single punch.

Makes me wish we had some way to land a Reverse Aerial Warlock Punch on shieldbroken opponents, which would be even more fun:ganondorf:

*Well, shieldbreaks may actually be a usable thing for Ganon now, we'll see where it goes

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Warlock bloody Punch. I don't even care that the move is basically useless in 1v1*, there's just such a visceral satisfaction to straight up instakilling someone in a single punch.

Makes me wish we had some way to land a Reverse Aerial Warlock Punch on shieldbroken opponents, which would be even more fun:ganondorf:

*Well, shieldbreaks may actually be a usable thing for Ganon now, we'll see where it goes
RIP FOG

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Dark Dive, I like getting uppercut reads and grabbing opponents on platforms. Best styling move imo

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Out of Ganondorf's kit, which move of his would you say is your favorite (including customs)?

Mine would have to be D Tilt. It's a quick poke that has great range, does decent damage, and pops the opponent up at a great angle for followups/reads. Plus it can be used as a kill move in a pinch.
With customs definitely Dark fists, it's never not satisfying tanking a smash attack & sending people flying at like 40%.
Without customs probably F-smash, it's easily Ganondorf's most underrated move (and the most underrated F-smash in the game imo).

EtrianHero23

Smash Cadet
Ganon Up-Tilt, who cares if the move is practically useless in nearly every situation, it's the most hype-inducing move in the game. I love feeling the satisfaction of either killing or instantly breaking the opponents shields.

The runner up for me is tied between Warlock Punch and Dair. Punch is so devastating to my opponent while Dair just feels so powerful.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Ganon Up-Tilt, who cares if the move is practically useless in nearly every situation, it's the most hype-inducing move in the game. I love feeling the satisfaction of either killing or instantly breaking the opponents shields.

The runner up for me is tied between Warlock Punch and Dair. Punch is so devastating to my opponent while Dair just feels so powerful.
UTilt's actually not too bad of an edge-guarding option.

EtrianHero23

Smash Cadet
UTilt's actually not too bad of an edge-guarding option.
I feel it's outclassed by edgeguarding options such as Fair or Dair. It comes out too slow for me to be able to edgeguard as easily as the other two options.

Actually, I've actually only used it to edgeguard Ike. When he does Aether, the windbox of Up-Tilt actually pulls him in toward Ganondorf, which leads to an inescapable situation for Ike. However, you have to be spaced well enough to not be clipped by the sword. Other than that, I don't really use Up-tilt.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I use utilt a lot when it's not safe or worth going offstage against certain characters.
Whether it's fear factor, hitting the vulnerability on the ledge or pulling non-ledgesnapping recoveries off axis, I actually get a lot of kills from it.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I feel it's outclassed by edgeguarding options such as Fair or Dair. It comes out too slow for me to be able to edgeguard as easily as the other two options.

Actually, I've actually only used it to edgeguard Ike. When he does Aether, the windbox of Up-Tilt actually pulls him in toward Ganondorf, which leads to an inescapable situation for Ike. However, you have to be spaced well enough to not be clipped by the sword. Other than that, I don't really use Up-tilt.
What Sykkamorre Sykkamorre said, basically. At high level play, I am simply not going offstage against certain characters, so Utilt can serve to at the very least mix up my ledge coverage and perhaps make them opt for a different recovery choice that can be exploited. The large coverage and relatively low cooldown time actually make it pretty safe to use. Getting the timing down just takes practice and observation.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I love how whenever a commentator is commentating a match with Ganondorf in it, he/she assumes that every offstage aerudo is a Ganoncide attempt :p

No, that's what we always use it for. We never ever use it just to recover more quickly or avoid a low edgeguard, Mr. Commentator Man. Your character knowledge is flawless. :p

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I love how whenever a commentator is commentating a match with Ganondorf in it, he/she assumes that every offstage aerudo is a Ganoncide attempt :p

No, that's what we always use it for. We never ever use it just to recover more quickly or avoid a low edgeguard, Mr. Commentator Man. Your character knowledge is flawless. :p
Or when optimal moves are automatically assumed to be disrespectful due to the nature of the move itself.

Last edited:

EtrianHero23

Smash Cadet
What Sykkamorre Sykkamorre said, basically. At high level play, I am simply not going offstage against certain characters, so Utilt can serve to at the very least mix up my ledge coverage and perhaps make them opt for a different recovery choice that can be exploited. The large coverage and relatively low cooldown time actually make it pretty safe to use. Getting the timing down just takes practice and observation.
Ah. I'll try to use it more for edgeguarding, it seems to work for you guys. As you and Sykkamorre Sykkamorre said, there are times when it's near impossible to gimp someone (Sheik in particular), so maybe Up-tilt can do the job more efficiently.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Utilt should be able to snipe the two frame ledge snap vulnerability on Vanish.

Maybe playing Nick Riddle again later.

Zam053

Smash Cadet
Oddly enough, I think my favorite moves from Ganon are not his most useful moves, but two of his situational ones: Sourspot DA and FAir.

Yes, DA is really unreliable. It has a lot of ending lag, it doesn't push the shield enough to stop a counter attack and it only work as a desperation KO move. But as sourspot, it can lead to some pretty interesting follow ups, such as UAir and USmash. It is also pretty funny to body someone and he just goes a little to the other side.

FAir is so fun to hit. Yes, it is a worse attack than BAir on most situations, since it is slower and more predictable, but its raw power is amazing, and, even sourspotted, it can KO pretty well.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
http://www.twitch.tv/ssb_snakeee/

I fought Snakeee in 4 sets iirc, won 2 lost 2. Figured you guys would wanna see dorf vs rosa

Set 1 Dorf vs Rosa

Set 2 Dorf vs ZSS/Robin

Set 3 Dorf vs Rosa

Set 4 Was my dk playing bad because I had family coming in lol, likely would've lost anyway. Each set is only a game apart iirc. and afaik you can watch past streams so yeah.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Oddly enough, I think my favorite moves from Ganon are not his most useful moves, but two of his situational ones: Sourspot DA and FAir.

Yes, DA is really unreliable. It has a lot of ending lag, it doesn't push the shield enough to stop a counter attack and it only work as a desperation KO move. But as sourspot, it can lead to some pretty interesting follow ups, such as UAir and USmash. It is also pretty funny to body someone and he just goes a little to the other side.

FAir is so fun to hit. Yes, it is a worse attack than BAir on most situations, since it is slower and more predictable, but its raw power is amazing, and, even sourspotted, it can KO pretty well.
Actually, unless you're referring specifically to sourspot DA alone, Dash Attack is considered one of Ganon's best moves. Covers a massive amount of stage, combos into everything, can even work as a kill move, and above all else, is amazingly fast for a character like Ganon.

As for Fair, it's reliably safe-on-shield now when fast fallen, and its big disjointed arc means it's nearly impossible to challenge. Not to mention it does huge damage.

Honestly the only real situational moves Ganon has IMO are U-tilt and Warlock Punch, and even they have their uses.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996

You watched ZeRo's analysis of Ganondorf, didn't you? XD

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So I saw Dabuz post on Twitter he was laddering on anther's. I decided to jump on the opportunity despite having no prior warm up and made so many misinputs >_>. But, I didn't lose 2-0. I lost 2-1. I just barely beat his Sheik on fd, lost to his Rosa on dl and tnc. I pulled off like no strings and went all reads, but even then I screwed up stuff like pivot fsmash smh. I'm glad I got the chance to play him but man I feel like I made myself look bad.

Zam053

Smash Cadet
You watched ZeRo's analysis of Ganondorf, didn't you? XD
So a lot of people have been wandering.

To be frank, I was talking about Sourspot DA. Its sweetspot has a lot strengths that covers its weakness (mainly the end lag and the un-safeness of the move).

whoknowswhat

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1864-9884-2286
How does one go about fighting DDD? I get absolutely destroyed whenever I play a campy one.
the mu thread doesn't move, so I figured I'd ask here.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
So a lot of people have been wandering.

To be frank, I was talking about Sourspot DA. Its sweetspot has a lot strengths that covers its weakness (mainly the end lag and the un-safeness of the move).
Actually, I like sourspot DA a little better than the sweetspot because it links into follow ups like up air. Sweet spot is godlike too though and it's incredibly satisfying to hit besides. Ganondorf should've been a linebacker with shoulders like that. :p

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
but how
he has a big *** disjoint and a projectile and multiple jumps
Dedede can "force" you to approach but because Gordos are reflectable you never really need to approach him that much, focus on keeping distance & spacing safe moves, try to bait him to commit before you do.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
When I see people refer to Dash Attack as DA I sometimes think they're talking about D-air.

Shrimpchris

Smash Cadet
So I was on my buddy @Shamurai Formerly's stream, and someone asked me to do an improv song about ganondorf. It actually turned out fabulous, and I thought some of you might want to hear it. Warning: contains mature themes. Rated M for Masculine Mature Content.

Jiggly?
The**** are you doing here with that beautiful thing?

Top Bottom