• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Heading to my first tourney in just over a year, going primarily Ganon and maybe some Roy.

Showyoucan

Smash Cadet
I like to challenge any Ganondorf main in this community to see where my level with Ganondorf is at. It is an honor to be in this community! :4ganondorf:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been playing Ganon a lot lately. He's very fun to use and landing reads is the most satisfying feeling in the world :awesome: Nothing serious, just wifi games on smash ladder. I stopped going to tourneys after Brawl. Anyway I just stopped by to say hello.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I like to challenge any Ganondorf main in this community to see where my level with Ganondorf is at. It is an honor to be in this community! :4ganondorf:
You can also join the skype chat if you wanna play more of us.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
^^ seconded.
The Skype chat is probably the best way of getting reliable matches currently, since anthers can be... irritating sometimes.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey Opana Opana , I have a friend who'd like to play you sometime soon. His name's Suna, he's been on here before. He wanted me to ask you for a few matches, though I'm not sure why he can't himself.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Hey Opana Opana , I have a friend who'd like to play you sometime soon. His name's Suna, he's been on here before. He wanted me to ask you for a few matches, though I'm not sure why he can't himself.
This is very surprising to me tbh, I mean ray does aggression better, you play the mind better,Z1g plays defense better ,not sure exactly what I can offer him that someone else can't lol. That being said though I'd love to, I rarely get requested for games so yeah this is awesome.

Not sure when I'll be free, sometime Saturdays past like 4pmish usually works best.

Also I'd just like to say I plan to secondary Ganon at this point I think, I will most definitely use him in tourney and intend to at the upcoming one, but I've lost so many sets and matches I feel I wouldn't have otherwise that I need to use another character I feel. I play more aggressive than I do with my mind, but not entirely mindless either, which leads me to believe Roy is a better fit for me provided I have the patience. That being said, I have way too much character loyalty to ever drop him, but I'd like to be taken seriously in the future when I (hopefully) play top level Sheiks, Rosas, Pikas and other potential mus I had particular trouble with. I intend to go beyond weeklys eventually is all.

I know I've been cycling through characters for awhile for anyone who's seen my channel, and that is because I've intended to secondary another character for awhile now. It's recently that I've decided to slowly shift Dorf to my #2 spot though. I will always be repping him, and as for now I know him much, much more than Roy so I won't be using Roy as much as him in serious settings. I don't think I'd have ever improved in the ways that I have without using Ganon so long though.

I'll visit here about as much as I do now, I may or may not even visit the Roy boards lol.

Zam053

Smash Cadet
I prefert to Up Tilt on the poor soul. Yes, it is the most boring of the three, but it is the only time I can use it, so I will use it!

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
You can up-tilt a lot more often than you can warlock punch, haha. And by "a lot more," I mean maybe once a match if they are out of jumps and recovering from a place where you don't feel safe challenging.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I´ve gotten to the point where either my Ganon destroys anyone in FG, or there´s lag and projectiles so I think it's time to start playing more serious games. I see a lot of talk about playing semi serious friendlies with good people here. If anyone has free time and is willing to pass on their Ganon skill I´d love to play you.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
I´ve gotten to the point where either my Ganon destroys anyone in FG, or there´s lag and projectiles so I think it's time to start playing more serious games. I see a lot of talk about playing semi serious friendlies with good people here. If anyone has free time and is willing to pass on their Ganon skill I´d love to play you.
Skype chat is the best way to play with us. If you're free now I can play. Just keep in mind that I'm a bad Ganon. x)

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
adom4 adom4 I can't believe I forgot to ask you before, but I'm really curious to hear what you think. Being an Israeli, what do you, personally, make of the Iran nuclear deal? (If you don't mind me asking)

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
adom4 adom4 I can't believe I forgot to ask you before, but I'm really curious to hear what you think. Being an Israeli, what do you, personally, make of the Iran nuclear deal? (If you don't mind me asking)
I'd rather not get into it, sorry.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'd rather not get into it, sorry.
It's okay! I understand it's probably a very complicated subject. I just have never heard perspective from the other side. If you ever feel up to it though, PM me.

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
I prefert to Up Tilt on the poor soul. Yes, it is the most boring of the three, but it is the only time I can use it, so I will use it!
Is there ever an "optimal" time to use Up Tilt in competitive play? Warlock Punch is a better move to use on shield break and whenever I would have time to use it as an edge-guarding option I always feel like it would be a better option to jump out and try and hit them with an aerial.

Zam053

Smash Cadet
Is there ever an "optimal" time to use Up Tilt in competitive play? Warlock Punch is a better move to use on shield break and whenever I would have time to use it as an edge-guarding option I always feel like it would be a better option to jump out and try and hit them with an aerial.
UpTilt is used as an edgeguard tool when you see it is too risky to go for an aereal and the other character has a linear recovery. It is rare to use, but usually people get this stuff with short recoveries, like Falcon's, Ganon's, or for non-hitbox ones that missed the edge, like Villager's and Dawg's.

verbatim

Smash Ace
Okay but why wouldn't you just dair stomp/walk-off nair/fair/uair if they can't stop you/follow a linear path?

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Okay but why wouldn't you just dair stomp/walk-off nair/fair/uair if they can't stop you/follow a linear path?
It's more about safety than optimization. Sometimes there are no viable options besides "do nothing," and utilt allows us to instead throw out a huge, strong hitbox (with relatively low cooldown) from a safe distance while remaining grounded. It takes practice to get the timing, but it's worth it to have a final option when the odds seem stacked against you.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Got 3rd, had to use a new controller due to mine being glitchy and it cost me a few games as well as my winners finals set. My dark dive angled the wrong way killing me, I need to better understand how it registers directions I guess, not the first time it happened either. Also super nervous at first and almost lost immediately lol, I quickly became the crowd favorite though due to my high risk high reward reads and maneuvers lol. Losers finals I played a good Sheik, they wrecked me hard. I went Roy game 2 and went super close but couldn't close it, which makes me happy since he's been in use a week.It was bo5 but I think we forgot or I'm remembering wrong, ony remember getting 2-0d lol. Anyway I knew I wouldn't be taking this going in, but I'm very satisfied overall. It had a turnout of 30 something, only the last two gave me a good fight though(1st did pretty well but I was nervous af tbh). Everyone was nice as well, which was a relief lol.

Gonna be heading to these every other wednesday.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Oh my god Kalm, that game one one losers semis!

Don´t step on poor drunk men

Top Bottom