• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Awww, well great job on third! lets put that on the tournament listings !

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Something I thought about: Warlock Blade is such a perfect move for Ganon. I don't want him to be a sword fighter in Smash, so having this one move with the sword would be perfect. It also has long range, amazing shield damage, and is more safe to use than the Walock Punch. That said, removing the Warlock Punch would be pretty sad, since it's so insanely powerful - it truly has become iconic. So I thought: Why not have both? Wouldn't it be cool if you could choose what to use? You could TAP the B button to perform the Blade, or PRESS it to perform the Punch (similar to how Ryu uses many of his moves). That way it would please both fans of his Sword usage and fans of the Punch, plus that it would be good for mix-ups and give Ganon more options (Blade for more offensive use, Punch for very hard reads or Shield Break punishes). Too bad the Blade is only a custom. Way too bad.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Got third, ended up losing to my brother's Sheik and V115's Zero Suit.

Hope to improve and play better later on!

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Something I thought about: Warlock Blade is such a perfect move for Ganon. I don't want him to be a sword fighter in Smash, so having this one move with the sword would be perfect. It also has long range, amazing shield damage, and is more safe to use than the Walock Punch. That said, removing the Warlock Punch would be pretty sad, since it's so insanely powerful - it truly has become iconic. So I thought: Why not have both? Wouldn't it be cool if you could choose what to use? You could TAP the B button to perform the Blade, or PRESS it to perform the Punch (similar to how Ryu uses many of his moves). That way it would please both fans of his Sword usage and fans of the Punch, plus that it would be good for mix-ups and give Ganon more options (Blade for more offensive use, Punch for very hard reads or Shield Break punishes). Too bad the Blade is only a custom. Way too bad.
What about something like the Project M solution where the blade is mapped to a taunt input?

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
What about something like the Project M solution where the blade is mapped to a taunt input?
That sounds good, despite it never happening, I´m dead set on wizdropkick being mapped to tap B and punch being hold B. Make is to if you press B during sword taunt you bring it down and slice up a shield

WwwWario

Smash Ace
That sounds good, despite it never happening, I´m dead set on wizdropkick being mapped to tap B and punch being hold B. Make is to if you press B during sword taunt you bring it down and slice up a shield
Good ideas pals. Do you think, by any slight chance, that it's possible to make this happen through a patch? I mean, I know both his Drop Kick and Wiz Blade are customs, but how amazing wouldn't it be (and logical, and great, and fun, and useful, and everything) if Ganon could use both his Punch AND his Sword during battle? Do you think it's possible for it to happen if we do something for Sakurai to see it?

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I have to admit, I saw new characters coming in this last direct, but I didn't see Cloud. No one did.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
It was a surprise, it's a shame stage won't be legal, it looked good for ganon.

Cloud might be a bad MU too, he looks REALLY disjointed and his Dsmash is very large and semispikey.

He looks fun to play though

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Good stuff at the monthly Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm . I didn't know Yoh was your brother!

those match ups are ridiculous. I think Ganon could fare pretty well if Sheik/ZSS/Rosa were toned down.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
A bit late on this, but thanks Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm for the matches at Canada Cup. Learned some good stuff from your Ganon!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Gentleganons.

Apparently reddit is having some sort of sponsorship thing for Genesis 3. I somehow got nominated. :p

Point being, I would certainly like to take Ganon to the big leagues. But I won't ask you to say anything there on my behalf. If you want to, expressly, then so be it, and thank (damn :ganondorf: ) you. If you see someone else on there you'd rather see go, then by all means, vote for them (I'll retaliate in the form of corporal pulverizing, but that's beside the point) I just thought I'd let everyone know that it is indeed a thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ations_are_in_for_the_rsmashbros_player_fund/

Also, good luck Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm

Last edited:

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Gentleganons.

Apparently reddit is having some sort of sponsorship thing for Genesis 3. I somehow got nominated. :p

Point being, I would certainly like to take Ganon to the big leagues. But I won't ask you to say anything there on my behalf. If you want to, expressly, then so be it, and thank (damn :ganondorf: ) you. If you see someone else on there you'd rather see go, then by all means, vote for them (I'll retaliate in the form of corporal pulverizing, but that's beside the point) I just thought I'd let everyone know that it is indeed a thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ations_are_in_for_the_rsmashbros_player_fund/

Oh my god totally, I'm going to Genesis 3 because it's like a 30 minute drive from my house, so it'd be cool to see you in action!

Prometheus_98

Smash Rookie
Hi, I just got here and figured I should check out my mains page and introduce myself, I come from a few past fighting games and have made a bit of a name for myself there. I left because sm4sh had a brighter, faster feel to it that I felt drawn to. Anyways here I am ready to spread the evil and disrespect throughout the land with my hehehes, and HEYAS!
I don't want to double post so Ill ask in the same post I guess. Vermanubis Vermanubis , I was wondering if you wanted to do some friendlies so that I could improve my Ganon. We literally live in the same state so connection should not be a problem at all. If yes cool, if not that's cool as well.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Gentleganons.

Look for me when you get there!

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Hey fellow Ganon Mains.
After almost a year, I have finally found my true main and he feels so fun to play as :)
Saved a lot of FG 1-on-1 Replays. (Most of them include combos and a small bit include hard reads)

Here is some of my best moments:

http://gfycat.com/ImpoliteTastyGraysquirrel - The Read

http://gfycat.com/WeightyGargantuanLadybird - Early KO

http://gfycat.com/HastyHonestGoldfinch - 0-Death

http://gfycat.com/DiscreteTenderDowitcher - 0- Death 2
They where quite cool for the most part, but there's something to adjust:
  • Remember to fastfall whenever you go for tomahawking.
  • After DA don't always go for autopilot SH Uair, but react to your opponent's position, for istance, you can go for a grab at percentages close to zero or so, such as in the Hawk clip, you sometimes can hit with the Bair, but has far strictier percentage ranges compared to Uair.
  • I wich I faced players that autopiloted THAT much, the most I get usually targets me with Fire Bird.
  • I love F/USmash footsies.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Fast Falling to tomahawk is usually the way to go MezzoMe MezzoMe but if he did that in that scenario he'd block or eat a laser. The full hop was probably his best option in that scenario. I'd need to see the whole match because it could be that the opponent always does that and he took advantage. Otherwise yes, fast fall to tomahawk and make sure you mix in empty hops as well with some tactical retreats against some characters because of the simple fact that Ganon has awesome mid range game. SmashRacer SmashRacer show me some matches and then we can better judge. Although I liked what I saw, good stuff.

you get :ganondorf::ganondorf::ganondorf:/:ganondorf::ganondorf::ganondorf::ganondorf::ganondorf: Ganons

Last edited:

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Hey fellow Ganon Mains.
After almost a year, I have finally found my true main and he feels so fun to play as :)
Saved a lot of FG 1-on-1 Replays. (Most of them include combos and a small bit include hard reads)

Here is some of my best moments:

http://gfycat.com/ImpoliteTastyGraysquirrel - The Read

http://gfycat.com/WeightyGargantuanLadybird - Early KO

http://gfycat.com/HastyHonestGoldfinch - 0-Death

http://gfycat.com/DiscreteTenderDowitcher - 0- Death 2
I like the strings, FG predictables are so much fun.

Nice high risk and reward, but don´t get punished, good use of the safeish Usmash

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Deeply profound question time, would you rather:

1. Ganon get "fixed" in the next patch. (ie. would get much better jab, faster start up on things, improved Dark Dive, maybe even mobility upgrade)

2. A Hyrule Warriors skin (or any 1 skin of your preference)

This is actually a tough one for me lol.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643

1. Ganon get "fixed" in the next patch. (ie. would get much better jab, faster start up on things, improved Dark Dive, maybe even mobility upgrade)

Hmmmmmm, the skin if it´s free, fixed if it´s money.
Hard for me too though, why do they keep selling us Mii costumes when I would shell out for alternate costumes of anyone, even Rosalina.

Even Ness, I hate Ness

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin

What's a "Hyrule Warriors"??? Is food??

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

I feel like this is asking "would you rather get punched in the gonads or win free Chipotle for a year," Swoops...

verbatim

Smash Ace
A mobility buff would be dumb. Competitive 1v1 oriented changes are supposed to not upset the balance in FG/ffa/etc, and the people that it would be targeted at would effectively have to start over and rework their muscle memory to the new speed.

On the other hand, a few frames off of jab's startup lag, or increased kb scaling on the uppercut of Dark Dive would give Ganon legitimate benefits in the tournament scene while not drastically changing him, there or elsewhere.

IMO this is why most of the buffs (not counting bug fixes) have been changes to throw trajectories/slight changes to frame data. Die hard competitive players get more tools for their favorite characters, and people that aren't out to win money don't have to pay it much heed.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Swoops Swoops I am a little confused why you said fixed, are you implying Ganon´s not perfect? He is perfect you know.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
I feel like this is asking "would you rather get punched in the gonads or win free Chipotle for a year," Swoops...
Would I have to eat the chipote for every meal? Getting punched in the gonads is getting the DLC costume right? So many variables to this analogy...

Swoops Swoops I am a little confused why you said fixed, are you implying Ganon´s not perfect? He is perfect you know.
We are not the delusional false King Dedede. Ganondorf has faults, and he embraces them as his foes embrace the eternal darkness of the abyss.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996

This is like "Would you rather win the next Powerball drawing or receive one free Cadbury Creme egg?" XD

Of course I'd go with option 1. Complete no-brainer.

He is most certainly not perfect in either his brawl or his smash 4 renderings. The only reason any one of us want buffs for him is because his present state of affairs toolwise is not becoming of his character. We all want Ganondorf to be more properly represented, and that's why we want buffs.

Last edited:

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem

Literally impossible to choose.

Good thing we wont have to because **** us, right?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
It's funny though, Ganon doesn't really need many buffs to hold his own. A startup buff to jab, bigger grab hitbox and Dark Dive kb buff is all I feel he needs

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Lmao you are the jankiest Ganon ditto player I swear. I was upset before I even started the match. :p

GGs to jmanup85 jmanup85 too! Although I reeeeally wanted shield break so I'm pissed you got it twice lolol

We should totally do a IRL High Stakes Ganon Royal Rumble at some point. Some tournament we can all get together.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Ya was it janky back in 09'
When i uaired u like 3 times
It was smoother than these rhymes

Yo yo

Back in 09'

Yo yo

Uaired 3 times

Yo yo