• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganon Combo Thread

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I got my action replay out and tested it. It covers a full tech roll left and right even at high percents. Also, if you wizard foot left and fox tech rolls right, you will be in your actionable frames before he can even get near you.
The big problem arises if he techs in place. You will only hit him if you wait for him to initiate the tech in place before you start the downB. If you are gonna hit a full tech left or right, you have to initiate the wizard foot as fast as possible, meaning that it isn't a wait and see sort of thing, it is a prediction.
In other words, if you expect a tech roll and wizard foot immediately, but he actually techs in place, he will be able to punish. Therefore, I will no longer claim this is a good technique to cover all options since there is too much guessing involved and it can be risky.

Here are a couple of things I figured out while testing:

dthrow -> downB works if you dthrow so soon that he doesn't have a chance to DI and then you immediately downB (same way Jiggs gets her upthrow Rest). This only works from 72 - 128%. Of course it works best at higher percentages because you have more time to react to DI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQT8jKNcoYk#t=1m36s

UpThrow -> DownB works even better. Effective from 54 - 110%, as long as you UpThrow fast enough so that they don't DI. This one is easy at all percentages because you have plenty of time to react to DI

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I was wasn't trying to call you out or anything haha. Honestly I'd rather re-discuss good techchasing options than DI-dependant combos.

edit: can't believe I didn't catch that

n0ne

Smash Ace
spider, thats pretty di dependant tho... right now im tired and really weak... but have various variants to this... but maybe in a few days ill post... my hangovers are lgendary

spider_sense

Smash Champion
spider, thats pretty di dependant tho... right now im tired and really weak... but have various variants to this... but maybe in a few days ill post... my hangovers are lgendary
Lol Drink lots of Gatorade and water to fix that hangover up, also don't forget to lay down. Anyways yeah, it's when they DI in and slightly away. Most of the time if they smash DI away they can get out of it.

VA

Smash Hero
I've got a ganon combo for you all, up angled ftilt hits people on platforms from underneath.

That is all.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
...who da hell does that work on, jason?

i did a dair -> both hits of nair -> bair on a peach today. made me laugh inside.

edit i bet they could've nair'd after my nair before the bair, but it was still cool.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
...who da hell does that work on, jason?

i did a dair -> both hits of nair -> bair on a peach today. made me laugh inside.

edit i bet they could've nair'd after my nair before the bair, but it was still cool.
Lol all my combos are situational, but it works well on Foxes and Falco's dead set on approaching.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Some cool combos:

Marth
0-5%
Dair>jab>ftilt/dtilt 43ish% dam (reverse jab for DI mindgames) Needs jab cancel for dtilt to work.

Falcon
low %
Dair>Jab>Dtilt>missed tech most likely>Side b/Down b

low-lower mid % (add fox/falco)
Dair>Reverse dash attack>jab/regrab/ftilt/dtilt/uair
Side b>reverse dash attack>anything you want

Upper mid % (50ish)
Dair>Reverse dash attack>dsmash>fair

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
loooool ganon combos. So much hit stun. Bair to Bair is nasty but nothing beats Bair>Uair>Uair>
You keep doin the reverse Uair until you're the jerk who edgehogs for 500 points.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Dair -> Bair -> land on platform, run off Fair.

Works on spacies if they don't DI the dair at all, you have to be practically on top of them when you bair.

It makes you feel like Falcon, but ****ing evil.

Since i'm bored i'm going to name it the Death By Fist combo

kupo15

Smash Hero
Dsmash to Down b in the air on FFs link and some other characters. Look for this combo opportunity. Most of the time it will come in the reverse down b form

spider_sense

Smash Champion
For Marth if they DI in. (Works from 0%)

Jab > Grab > Upthrow > Uair to up angled f-tilt

For Falcons: (Works around 20%) Dair > Dthrow > Jab > D smash > D smash > Fair.

Remember these combos are DI dependent and are situational.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
if ganons could have just one big conglomerate combo video with even a quarter of the stuff i've read in this thread, the rest of the smash community would **** bricks.

and us ganons would be like :cool:

F1amethr0wer

Smash Rookie
here's a combo i made (not sure it will work on all, but works on average size characters and bigger) flame choke, crouching kick, flame choke, crouching kick, and then a forward arial or up B. works well when opponent has low % and can also be done to look awsome (for just show you can do flame choke, crouching kick, and then quickly short hop and use flame choke to make a dark explosion)

spider_sense

Smash Champion
here's a combo i made (not sure it will work on all, but works on average size characters and bigger) flame choke, crouching kick, flame choke, crouching kick, and then a forward arial or up B. works well when opponent has low % and can also be done to look awsome (for just show you can do flame choke, crouching kick, and then quickly short hop and use flame choke to make a dark explosion)
lol Great combo I guess but what exactly is Ganon's "flamechoke", Crouching kick and Dark explosion? lol

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
dont know if you guys have this down but something i like playing with is full jump nair from under a platform to jab or ftilt. how this works is if you time it right the nair auto cancels after the second hit. once you land you gotta hold forward a little so you can jab asap. its kinda like doing mewtwos dtilts, you gotta move forward just a bit to get the move to cancel out.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
This is the melee Ganon boards, not Brawl kiddo.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I just played a Marth and I found some pretty legit combos you can do to him at 0%.

Dthrow > jab > regrab > upthrow > uair > uair.
The problem is getting a grab on a marth at 0%. It'd probably have to be a shield grab attributed to poor spacing. Nice to know if you get that though.

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
wd oos grab maybe, tomahawks, dashdance grab, crouch grab all seem pretty legit to me

dERO!

Smash Apprentice
i suck at it too, still works better than the stuff i do perform right, i think

Top Bottom