• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ganon Combo Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Dsmash is a good option but not the best. They can DI out of the fisrt hit to avoid the second, and have plenty of time to recover before you can punish them.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I DI into the ground and tech.

Just don't do it too close to the ledge, I tried it once and it throws you HARD offstage at an angle similar to Shiek's fair.

Falcon hits you away, but you can still double-stick it downwards for a tech.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You don't have to tech, lvl 9 cpu's get out of both his of the dsmash all the time

Down and away works pretty good (CC'd) and gives them time to punish, sometimes up and away will get you out too depending on %

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Can you grab them before they hit the ground from the jab, or do you need to tech-read?

That sounds awesome.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I think he means doing an immediate jc grab and grabbing them during the frames that they are landing after the jab(before they can do something else). I do it this way anyway, seems to work well.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Question for the big honchos, if this combo works on falco

(approx. 40%): D-throw -> side-B -> side-B -> U-air

Could you also, after the first side b, time a dair so that they don't hit the ground but it still pops them up? If you could you would be able to usmash, uair, fair, bair, upb even, whatever your heart desired, or even another dair and lead yourself into a tech chase.

lol guys aren't going to believe me but stomp > grab> jab >grab>jab works against fox/falco sometimes its pretty sickk
Yeah, minus the stomp that works on marth at 0 percent too, you can barely get an uair on the end if you're quick and they flunk their DI

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Question for the big honchos, if this combo works on falco

(approx. 40%): D-throw -> side-B -> side-B -> U-air

Could you also, after the first side b, time a dair so that they don't hit the ground but it still pops them up? If you could you would be able to usmash, uair, fair, bair, upb even, whatever your heart desired, or even another dair and lead yourself into a tech chase.
side-b > side-b is never guaranteed.

From the d-throw at that percent, the side-b would have to be used as a techchase. Unless he misses the tech and you catch Falco on the bounce (while he's in the air), it's not guaranteed that he will be popped up from the side-b. If he techs in place or tech rolls away he can get out of the side-b popping him up with ASDI down (simply holding down).

VA

Smash Hero
Expect to get this thread updated soon, SwizzyUK returns from his 6 month smash sabattical in India and Singapore.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
first of all, lol at tech chasing ganon with sheik.

and secondly,

jason make me as techincal as you

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Anyone got a good way for me to revive the thread? Got some time on my hands again... could roll with the same format as before, but I'm open for suggestions on improvement.
Will have it functional again soon though, I love getting those new combo's and smashing my unsuspecting victims.

I also don't have smash at the moment so I'll be relying on you guys to test and tell me what works and doesn't.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Anyone got a good way for me to revive the thread? Got some time on my hands again... could roll with the same format as before, but I'm open for suggestions on improvement.
Will have it functional again soon though, I love getting those new combo's and smashing my unsuspecting victims.

I also don't have smash at the moment so I'll be relying on you guys to test and tell me what works and doesn't.
Hmm I'd like to see this board revived too, so I'll throw in a legit combo that usually works on spacies.

D-throw > jab > jc grab > up throw > d tilt > regrab to up d-throw > Wizards foot. (of course all of this is DI dependent)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Videos showing the combos would be cool?
True.

I would help contribute, but I don't really have any combos memorized and don't feel the need to list combos that involve over 3 DI (or tech choice) dependent situations (lol). I just try to stay focused and monitor DI while continuing combos off reaction (improvising). At first I thought this thread would be best if it stuck to combos that were guaranteed at any DI, tech, etc. but Ganon really doesn't have a large number of true combos like that, so... lol /rant

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah usually when I think combos I think of non DI dependent stuff. It's cool to list stuff that can be good combo vid material, but it seems like a lot of this stuff is 'possible' but not really worth committing to memory. I'd just react to options and DI like I do now. But some of the options out of uthrow are worth noting...but even those are probably DI dependent. *sigh*

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I see your point guys, that's kinda why I asked what else I could do cos I can tell that it's not gonna be that useful otherwise. It was amazing for me when I was a bit worse, but now reacting seems to work better than following set formula combo's cos it's so heavily DI dependent.

Maybe it's time to let it die *wipes tear from cheek*

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
yeah if we're listing DI dependent stuff then there's endless 0%-d's, even the simplest:

f-air + f-air + off-stage d-air

f-air + u-air + off-stage d-air(or wizard's foot spike)

lmao

Amazing 'combos'. I did the first one at the start of a ganon ditto MM on BF haha

spider_sense

Smash Champion
yeah if we're listing DI dependent stuff then there's endless 0%-d's, even the simplest:

f-air + f-air + off-stage d-air

f-air + u-air + off-stage d-air(or wizard's foot spike)

lmao

Amazing 'combos'. I did the first one at the start of a ganon ditto MM on BF haha
Atta boy Dorsey.

n0ne

Smash Ace
on spacies.
grab dthrow, jab, aproach quickly, repeat, grab dthrow, d tilt, read tech, punish.
if u see them starting to roll then u may miss the combo , but next time u just need to read it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
on spacies.
grab dthrow, jab, aproach quickly, repeat, grab dthrow, d tilt, read tech, punish.
if u see them starting to roll then u may miss the combo , but next time u just need to read it.
That can work depending on % and DI off the jab. The grab (usually) must be a JC grab which connects during fox/falco's landing frames, and landing the dtilt is highly dependent on DI. Read tech... punish.... lol

I think I'm too much of a critic. Swizzy, I don't know if this is a good idea or not but tell me if you'd like it: 2 separate sections of combos, one with combos that are given at ANY DI (I know this is Ganon and there are not a ton but still, it would be beneficial to list them for newcomers), and ones that are more elaborate yet require multiple reads. Just an idea.. tell me what you think.

If nothing else I believe it will allow for more people to contribute to this thread and general combo discussion.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Also, in one full jump if oponent has like 0-10% double buffered bair in one full jump.
or onefulljump bair, then 2 more in second jump.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
clue that first one doesn't sound possible. 3/4 otions, sure, but there's no way you an cover tech left and tech right with one wizard foot.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
if they are using the getup attack, that means that they didn't tech. That also means, free hit. Unless of course you take too long to hit him.

Also, higher percentages may not work (you should be chaingrabbing or probably ftilting at this point anyway)

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Who is this Pawls to the Wall scrub talkin about crazy b move combos. This noob doesn't know ANYTHIIIIING

jk clue, i've been trying this and it's worked a few times, i need to get the timing better. It's one of those things where if you miss you're kinda grabbed.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's just plain risky. Yes it can cover multiple options if you use it correctly, but you'll only get 1 hit at the very most, and it's not even a good KO move unless your opponent sucks at DI (techchasing). At high% you can dthrow to down-B for a kill but it's situational.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Ace has a point, it's only one hit, that makes it only more useful than other options when it hits them off the stage, since it covers multiple techs. In terms of following up a fair is definitely better, it just doesn't cover multiple options, in the same way the down-b does I mean. I think the real problem is you don't get out of the down-b animation fast enough.

All in all I don't think it's completely useless, just not very practical. Besides you always gotta mix it up

Top Bottom