• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Food Disscusion

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know how much it costs in other parts of the world, but Landjaeger here is $15 a pound.

I rarely go to the German store, so I bought a pound of it and a dozen pretzel bread

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I used to love Landjäger back when I still ate meat.

And idk why americans / brits keep calling it "Pretzel", it's actually Brezel or Bretzel.

:059:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The use of P at the beginning is apparently derived from a French word.

After all, it's theorized that pretzels started somewhere around France

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Here's a salad I threw together quickly. Came out tasting rather good, considering I threw whatever I could find. It consists of lettuce, spinach, broccoli, chow mein noodles, tomatoes, mozzarella, and creamy Parmesan dressing.

:phone:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hey guys! <3

Here's another concoction of mine; my attempt at a breakfast wrap I made this morning. It contains the obvious tortilla, and in it, in this order, are as follows:

- Three slices of turkey breast
- Three slices of salami
- Two Ballpark franks (cut in half the long way)
- 6 slices of bacon
- Three slices of white American cheese (processed)
- Three slices of white American cheese (deli)
- Three slices of Swiss cheese
- Mozzarella shavings
- Creamy Parmesan dressing
- Lettuce
- Four slices of tomatoes

As you can see, there were way too many ingredients for me to be able to wrap the monster. I'm guessing I either needed a bigger wrap, or had to reduce the amount of stuff I put in the thing (if bigger wraps aren't commercially available). I was only able to fold it like a taco as you'll see in the image below.

To eat this thing, I had to hold it all together from the top with one hand, while keeping the tortilla folded with the other hand. It was actually not as messy as one would initially think, and the flavors meshed surprisingly rather well. Also, forgive me for taking the shot after I've bitten into it, but I just wanted to show the layers, and it probably would've looked messier had I used a knife, seeing as I don't have any really sharp ones.

So the good news is that it tasted really yummy, despite it being an experiment. It's a shame I ran out of eggs, since I would've loved to throw a couple of fried ones in there. It goes without saying that after eating it, I felt uber full, and that is fine by me. Hehee.

I hate dressing on salad.
Maybe you haven't found the right dressing for you?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm not that much a fan of Parmesan dressing though, but maybe it's better mixed
Yeah, I had other condiment options, including mayonnaise, ranch dressing, Italian dressing, Caesar dressing, sriracha sauce, and even mustard. I figured I used the Parmesan, since I like experimenting, and there was only a little left; enough to coat the contents of the wrap, but I figured I'd finish it off. lol

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hopefully, you're not confused. I see it all the time. By noodles, she means these:

Just trying to clear any doubts. :p
I said it was interesting, not that I couldn't see what the noodles were. Chowmein is easily identified.

Noodle salad is old news to me ^_^

:059:
Sorry for not being up to par. It's too out there for me to have.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hey guys. I'm currently at a pizza party with friends. Here's the two pizzas we have here:

One party size pizza and one large. The large is the common Hawaiian pizza, while the other is a party size pizza; one half pepperoni and hamburger, the other half combo.

We also get our own specific food we could order for ourselves. In my case, I ordered the following:

A 16" bacon cheeseburger special grinder with cheese, lettuce and tomato. I opted out of the mayonnaise choice, since I really don't like mayo.

Look at the size of this beast! It's easily bigger than my head. Seeing as I had a couple of pizza slices, one question remains: can I cram all 16" inches of this monstrous meat down my throat? Turns out... no, I can only barely finish half of it. lol

Innuendo intended, by the way. lol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can you eat grits like cream of wheat?

Adding Sugar and stuff?

Cause I want cream of wheat and all I got is grits. I don't like grits much, but I figure if I make it like cream of wheat it might taste good

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I can't eat solid food for a day or two, and I want to make my first real meal special by cooking it myself... but I have almost zero cooking experience. What's a good but easy recipe for someone to make? I was thinking curry.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of impressed. When I had my wisdom teeth removed I just slept for a day. I wasn't able to eat anything and the few things I drank felt to me like it was carbonated ( I think it had something to do with the pain, though I didn't really feel much because of the pain medicine I was taking). Not to mention so much blood was coming out of my mouth I had to keep something in there to absorb it

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I can't eat solid food for a day or two, and I want to make my first real meal special by cooking it myself... but I have almost zero cooking experience. What's a good but easy recipe for someone to make? I was thinking curry.
Here's something we made 10 minutes ago. Despite the way it looks, it's a lot simpler to make than it looks.

Tuna salad and baked chicken.

For the salad, here are the instructions:

- Boil farfalle noodles (any noodles are fine, actually) until they're soft, but not mushy.
- Drain the noodles.
- place noodles in a large bowl.
- Put in the following ingredients (you can add or remove these ingredients as per your preference): Mayonaise, Caesar dressing, two cans of tuna, olives.
- Stir the contents in a bowl.
- Enjoy.

For the chicken, it's also rather simple.

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken (we used wing segments) in a baking pan.
- Add the following spices (as with the tuna salad, you may add or remove ingredients as per your preference) to both sides of the chicken: Adobo, sazón, rosemary, crushed mint, parsley, and chives.
- Place chicken in the oven and let it cook for 15-20 minutes (you may use one's own discretion as to when the meat is cooked thoroughly as I did).
- Remove from oven and enjoy.

To some, it may seem pretty confusing, but in actual practice, it's rather elementary, so I'm sure you won't have any trouble with it. Plus, I don't think curry is the best thing for your stomach after that long, lest you wage atomic warfare in the bathroom. lol

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Can you eat grits like cream of wheat?

Adding Sugar and stuff?

Cause I want cream of wheat and all I got is grits. I don't like grits much, but I figure if I make it like cream of wheat it might taste good
You can, just think of the taste of sweet cornbread. Not much different.

Making oatmeal savory is also relatively unknown. I like to add some SSS: soy sauce, scallions, and a very light drizzle of sesame oil. Your breath will smell like Chinese food from that breakfast, though.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Claire your portions are so big lol.
I know. What can I say? I'm a big girl. lol

Here's some mac & cheese with chili I made. I put pretty much the same stuff I did in the chicken, except I added chili powder, sriracha sauce, and some olives.

The mozzarella was a last-minute idea from my girlfriend. Oddly enough, it didn't change the flavor of the chili, since everything else was so prominent.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'm sure that your mac & cheese with chili was tasty and all but seeing it on a Styrofoam plate makes me think it wasn't as good as it may have been.

Just me being nitpicky.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm sure that your mac & cheese with chili was tasty and all but seeing it on a Styrofoam plate makes me think it wasn't as good as it may have been.

Just me being nitpicky.
That's more shallow than nitpicky. I could've easily served it on a glass plate, but seeing as we had quite a few guests, and not as many dishes, and to save on washing, we used styrofoam. :p

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Here's something we just had for dinner. Steak, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob.

For the steak, we made a sauce to marinade it in the oven. For the sauce, we added the following ingredients and stirred it. We only used a little of each; enough to coat the meat:

- Adobo
- Sazón
- Beef bouillon
- Chives
- Crushed mint
- Italian seasoning
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lime
- Green apple pieces
- Bay leaves

After spreading the sauce on the steak, we then decorated the meat with tomatoes and spinach. We then set it to cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. A little water was also added to help prevent the meat from drying.

Then we made mashed potatoes. Pretty much standard mashed potatoes, but we also boiled the spuds with the corn on the cob as shown below:

For the mashed potatoes, we made them the standard way. The one ingredient we used, however, that made it different was ranch dressing. It gave it more of a kick in flavor and turned out better than we had thought.

After sitting in the oven for long enough, this was the end result:

The flavors meshed extremely well together, from the sweetness of the green apple, to the saltiness of the adobo, it turned out better than we thought.

Here is the dish fully served:

Not to brag, but it tastes as good as it looks. The corn on the cob was standard; boiled and slathered with butter. Everything else has already been explained. If anyone wants to try this out, feel free to give it a shot. Until then, Pool Room, ciao. :3

I used a glass plate this time, for those anal about presentation (looking at you, ~automatic). :p

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hey guys, here's something we cooked up real quick for lunch earlier this afternoon:

First, we took three boneless chicken breasts and cut them into small pieces. Then we coated them in a little bit of adobo, sazón, and some spices, like rosemary, chives, and a few others (I decided to freestyle the spices). Then we threw them into the frying pan as seen below:

I poured white cooking wine in the already heated frying pan. I set the heat on high. Then I placed the chicken and stir fried it in the wine until said wine started to dry out a bit. Then I set the heat to the lowest setting and waited until the wine was just about gone.

From there, we placed the chicken in a bowl with pasta (already boiled and fully cooked) and stirred them with spaghetti sauce, ranch dressing, and a little bit of salt. We originally wanted Caesar dressing, but were all out, so we experimented with ranch. Here is the end result:

Interestingly enough, it turned out better than we thought. Admittedly, I think it was our weakest dish made so far, even though it turned out okay. I might have another crack at this, but will instead experiment with other condiment options and exclude the pasta sauce (which was my girlfriend's idea. lol).

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Made myself some seafood ramen with lettuce, carrots, and egg. Yumyum~
Sounds "Yumyum", indeed. :D

That reminds me, whenever I prepare a cup of ramen, when pouring boiling water into said cup, I always crack open an egg and add it into the cup before closing the lid. The heat of the water cooks the egg. While sometimes the egg turns out a little on the goopy side, it doesn't take away from the overall taste of the ramen. It's not half bad at all, if anyone's willing to try it out.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
What's your ethnic background? I ask because you use sazón, so I'm guessing Dominican?

I just made this:

I took some pizza dough and baked it into small discs. Then I topped it with some sautéed chicken breast with garlic and drizzled on some hoisin sauce. A light drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of course sea salt to finish.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
What's your ethnic background? I ask because you use sazón, so I'm guessing Dominican?
lol. You'd think I was Dominican given my skin tone, but I'm actually Puerto Rican.

I just made this:

I took some pizza dough and baked it into small discs. Then I topped it with some sautéed chicken breast with garlic and drizzled on some hoisin sauce. A light drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of course sea salt to finish.
Mmm, that looks absolutely lovely. I should try making one of those. :D

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Sounds "Yumyum", indeed. :D

That reminds me, whenever I prepare a cup of ramen, when pouring boiling water into said cup, I always crack open an egg and add it into the cup before closing the lid. The heat of the water cooks the egg. While sometimes the egg turns out a little on the goopy side, it doesn't take away from the overall taste of the ramen. It's not half bad at all, if anyone's willing to try it out.

I don't eat cup ramen lol. I have packaged ramen, and cook the ramen myself before reboiling soup + goodies.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So we have a good ol' pozole at home.
It's not the traditional red soup (due to the meat juices), this one is white-green, it has a lot of grounded onion, garlic and coriander, plus the pork meat and pozole corn as the main ingredients.
I'm yet to taste it (still cooking), but so far it looks and smells great.
I owe you a photo.

Top Bottom