• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Food Disscusion

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
The ingredients are so hard to come by here, like octopus, and I was missing a few minor ingredients when I made it, but it was so good at the end xD

Japanese mayo in particular was so expensive...

I'll probably start doing this often xD So good...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder how common the like of broccoli is?

Apparently broccoli has a very bitter taste which repels people, but some people are born with a gene that makes it so humans can't taste the bitter flavor of broccoli.

Without that bitter flavor, it becomes the most delicious vegetable ever!

...Obviously I'm one of the people that can't taste that bitter flavor, but I wonder how common that actually is. I see lots of dishes served with broccoli

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I took some friends once to a Korean restaurant I liked. ...unfortunately they brought some of their friends with them as well, and the second we walked in one of them yelled out "This place smells like garbage" or something to that degree...

We ran out with our heads down in shame. That was embarrassing. I was furious that person came with us, uninvited by me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So I've stopped eating meat about 4 months ago and it was the best decision I ever made. I've never felt so strong mentally and yet at peace with myself so much. Only semi-related to the topic I guess but I felt like this is the right topic to share it with.

:059:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I took some friends once to a Korean restaurant I liked. ...unfortunately they brought some of their friends with them as well, and the second we walked in one of them yelled out "This place smells like garbage" or something to that degree...

We ran out with our heads down in shame. That was embarrassing. I was furious that person came with us, uninvited by me.
It's like people are ******** or something. Shame that had to happen to you.

So I've stopped eating meat about 4 months ago and it was the best decision I ever made. I've never felt so strong mentally and yet at peace with myself so much. Only semi-related to the topic I guess but I felt like this is the right topic to share it with.

I'd probably last as a vegetarian but I need my chicken for protein!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sorry to burst your bubble but veggies have no issues with protein. That's a myth ^_^

Susann97

Smash Rookie
I discovered more something totally new on this fat loss issue. A single issue is that good nutrition is very vital while dieting. A tremendous reduction in junk food, sugary meals, fried foods, sweet foods, pork, and bright flour products could be necessary. Having wastes parasitic organisms, and toxic compounds may prevent aims for fat-loss. While certain drugs quickly solve the challenge, the unpleasant side effects are certainly not worth it, and they never supply more than a short-term solution. It is just a known indisputable fact that 95% of diet plans fail. Many thanks for sharing your notions on this web site. Great!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Sorry to burst your bubble but veggies have no issues with protein. That's a myth ^_^

Okay tofu, beans, and all that extra good stuff aside I cannot survive as an Asian without meat. Pho, samgyeopsal, dimsum oh my!

Besides I'm not worried about my health going south anyways. I'm Asian after all. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I once decided to get off meat for a year. But no diet is going to stop me from eating sushi.

Uni, Unagi, Tako, etc.

Caterpillar rolls are really good (They are basically a variation of dragon rolls, eel and avocado)

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Random food spam.

Did a photoshoot for one of my favourite dessert shops in town.

This was morning tea. What diet? 8D

Recently discovered an amazing vegan chocolate. not cooked over 48C, dairy free, gluten free...amazeballs! I'm not vegan by any means, but I also like supporting local products, this one is made in my city c:

There was a spanish street festival over the weekend. Had this delicious cake thing with light fluffy layers of dough sandwiched with wicked caramel

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Food doesn't taste good to me unless I know some animal gave it's blood, sweat, or other bodily fluids up in order to make it

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, plenty of blood, sweat and tears from dessert chefs go into making their desserts. So why no appreciation? Whilst I do love a good piece of meat, I have so much respect for dessert chefs who often put in a lot more time and creativity into their food. And I do love a chef who can be creative with their vegetables. Hard to do at home.

Although having said that I did have one of the best lamb skewers of my life over the weekend.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm making chicken and asparagus in curry sauce

I'm making that recipe to try out something weird I found - White Asparagus

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The white asparagus does add a nice flavor. If they continue to stock it, I'll continue to add it along with the green to this recipe. This recipe is my specialty, it's the one I practiced the most.

I changed it a lot from the original recipe that I got to give it more flavor. The original was kind of bland

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I've never had white asparagus, I was under the impression it was for snoody foodies and tastes like green asparagus with less flavor. Is it actually sweeter or something like that?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This should be the biggest day for this thread. Looking forward to dinner updates.

Mexican Thanksgiving is my favorito. This year I get to drink!

:phone:

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've never had white asparagus, I was under the impression it was for snoody foodies and tastes like green asparagus with less flavor. Is it actually sweeter or something like that?
I personally do find white asparagus, when in season, is beautifully tender and sweet. It is sweeter, but a little bit more elegant and subtle than green asparagus, so I can see why people would think it has less flavour.

I like just steaming it (or microwaving it if I'm lazy), putting a teaspoon of butter over it to melt and sprinkling a bit of salt and pepper. All it needs. c: I remember buying a big fat bunch when I was in the market in Barcelona, each stalk was as thick as my thumb, so good! <3

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I personally do find white asparagus, when in season, is beautifully tender and sweet. It is sweeter, but a little bit more elegant and subtle than green asparagus, so I can see why people would think it has less flavour.

I like just steaming it (or microwaving it if I'm lazy), putting a teaspoon of butter over it to melt and sprinkling a bit of salt and pepper. All it needs. c: I remember buying a big fat bunch when I was in the market in Barcelona, each stalk was as thick as my thumb, so good! <3
Ah, I would imagine it being much fresher from the source over there in Europe.

I put pomegranate juice and lemon zest in my cranberry sauce, bomb diggity. Also, my family has a specific way to carve turkeys: [COLLAPSE="small"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Here's an interesting idea my girlfriend conjured up; a grilled cheese and turkey sammywich. To you cheese and turkey lovers, and those who enjoy a grilled cheese sammywich, it tastes as amazing as it sounds. <3

:phone:

joY

Pot splitter
And so begins the 1 month of body prepping until Christmas dinner loll

Top Bottom