• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Food Disscusion

joY

Pot splitter
^

What?? That's lame.

We just finished leftovers yesterday.

Hooray normal food!

debaser

Smash Lord
So, putting vodka and orange liqueur in cranberry sauce is pretty effing great

unrelated edit: makin chili, you guys have any special spice combination you like to use?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Dark chocolate and coffee are great additions for chili. The slightly bitter taste works well with the taste of fresh jalapeno pepper. Just make sure to not use too much of it - just a slight hint of the coffee/chocolate flavor should suffice.

:059:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
unrelated edit: makin chili, you guys have any special spice combination you like to use?
I tend to experiment with spices, to he honest, and they work to great effect every time so far. That said, there's one sauce in particular that's guaranteed to give any chili a kick; sriracha sauce. It's sold at any grocery store, including Walmart, so it's not rare, and it's really good and spicy. Also, believe it or not, a little bit of brown sugar can really make the taste a little more sweeter; tried it after a good friend of mine made some with brown sugar added, and it really does work. As a matter of fact, I made some chili two days ago. My girlfriend insisted I take a pic of it and posted it here, but me being an airhead sometimes, I forgot to take the pic. lol

:phone:

joY

Pot splitter
^

Yesssss. The more the merrier!

And Sriracha with garlic. Double yum!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sriracha is tasty but I can never use more than a dab. I recently discovered Cholula. The chipotle kind is my all time favorite.

debaser

Smash Lord
yeaaa...turned out good. loaded it up with sriracha and garlic. thanks for the suggestions.

definitely gonna try coffee and brown sugar next time though, sounds interesting

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I currently have...problems and I haven't been able to eat spicy foods for a while.

It sucks. I use to eat spicy foods all the time. My favorite kind

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
"...problems" haha. I appreciate the lack of gastrointestinal detail.

Speaking of chili and chocolate, ever have chocolate gelato with a little cayenne in it? Bomb diggity. There's also a local joint here that has a jalapeño chocolate sundae which is also killer.

The sriracha market appears monopolized, I've seen maybe one sriracha knock-off in my whole life. I wonder how rich the owner of the green squirt-top sriracha brand is.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Regular cheese pizza. I feel like I gained ten pounds and aged a few years immediately after eating it. I never want an experience like that again.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite pizza is pepperoni, black olives, and mushrooms.

I have no idea why because I hate mushrooms. Yet Pizza doesn't taste good to me without them.

I also like lots of crushed red peppers on it

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So I tried having pizza for the first time in probably a year and a half.

I regret everything.
Don't feel too bad. You're allowed to have "cheat days" every once in a while. Honestly, you shouldn't feel like a fatass just because you had a pizza, especially if it was your first one in over a year, no?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Don't feel too bad. You're allowed to have "cheat days" every once in a while. Honestly, you shouldn't feel like a fatass just because you had a pizza, especially if it was your first one in over a year, no?
It's not a cheat day if I'm not on a diet. I have no need to be on one.

My BMI is still healthy, but I've been constantly losing weight, that's all.

Tery is a stick, that's why <3
Yo I do pushups. Fight me hyung.

Karasu said:
He feel fat at smell of puny American food.
God the shape, the colour, the smell...it's so weak.

But salads, hey hey! That's a whole different story.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Here's something I had just made for breakfast. Three sunnyside-up eggs, bacon, two hot dogs (each cut in half), two toasted bagels with cream cheese, and a glass of milk and a glass of orange juice. It's rare I have a breakfast this big, but after over a month of just cereal (nothing wrong with cereal, by the way), I've decided to spoil myself this morning. Hehee.

It's not a cheat day if I'm not on a diet. I have no need to be on one.

My BMI is still healthy, but I've been constantly losing weight, that's all.
Having cheat days where you eat junk food once in a while will actually kick up your metabolism, having eaten something your body isn't used to. Also, anyone who weighs 180 lbs. or lower has no real reason to call themselves a fatass (I'm assuming you weight less than 150 lbs., based on S4kurazaki's description), in my opinion.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Having cheat days where you eat junk food once in a while will actually kick up your metabolism, having eaten something your body isn't used to. Also, anyone who weighs 180 lbs. or lower has no real reason to call themselves a fatass (I'm assuming you weight less than 150 lbs., based on S4kurazaki's description), in my opinion.
My metabolism is pretty much nonexistent. I could eat all I wanted to (of my normal intake - healthy foods) and not have a weight problem, but I just don't because I don't like being very full.

I am not calling myself a fatass, but I'm saying after I ate the pizza I genuinely felt like ****. I also weigh over 150. 154.3 pounds, to be exact (just weighed myself lol).

Also are you the Sol Diviner from days / years past? I'm getting old now, my perception isn't up to par.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Also are you the Sol Diviner from days / years past? I'm getting old now, my perception isn't up to par.
Yes, I am Sol. lol. I changed my username because I guess "Sol" sounded too masculine, and also whenever people would rage at a "Sol", it's usually Sol9000, so I would sometimes get confused. I kept "Diviner" though, so people would know who I am, despite the name change. lol

But that looks really good, Sol. Had something similar last week.
Hehee, thanks. :3
Concerning health, does three eggs actually do anything bad?
Not really, no. I mean, I guess if you're completely sedentary, then it might do some bad to your cholesterol, but I'm no doctor or dietitian. lol

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You're like 8'5" too or something <3
HA I'm Asian I can't be that tall! I'll take 5'11" though.

Yes, I am Sol. lol. I changed my username because I guess "Sol" sounded too masculine, and also whenever people would rage at a "Sol", it's usually Sol9000, so I would sometimes get confused. I kept "Diviner" though, so people would know who I am, despite the name change. lol
Ahh okay. I'll still call you Sol Diviner in my heart.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh god that breakfast is glorious Claire.

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
I'm not Korean but I made my first ssamjang and samgyeopsal ssam today. Mmmmm red pepper and pork belly.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Ughhh that looks so good!

My current breakfast of peanut butter toast and milk is now inadequate.
Oh god that breakfast is glorious Claire.
Thanks, you two. I made this same breakfast for my girlfriend's sister and my stepdaughter (albeit a much smaller portion for the latter). I would've made one for my girlfriend, but she wanted a sandwich instead. lol.

I enjoy cooking breakfast for people, believe it or not. Next time I cook something, I'll be sure to post a pic of it here next time. ^w^

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Panic ice cream. I forgot how good ice cream tasted, given it's been almost a year since I've last enjoyed it. ^w^

Top Bottom