• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fog - Game Over!

Handorin

Smash Hero
Sandy is taking a nap right now.

[ooc]redcell was also away without internet for four days, but should be coming back either today or tommorow.[/ooc]

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Could Rivvers please meet me down at the Convenience Store (not Smitties) as soon as possible? I'm driving there now, and I would like to talk to you. If you have anyone else with you, please bring them as well. It's very important.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Elizabeth is from Pirates, but I dont think her last name was Dane... Maybe that is who you were thinking of?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
No, it's the name os the ship that crashed here 100 years ago, or whatever
6 people died in that crash by the way. I don't believe there's much else to say about it.

Now that I'm reminded of it, that's probably the ship in your painting.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
zomg hax. what a plot twist. i trust the painting more though cuz marshigio is going through this from memory i believe.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I second my call for Rivvers to meet me at the Convenience Store

No, we're not going to rob it.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Oops, I worded that wrong. I meant to say that 6 conspirators ruined the ship and killed everyone on it. I don't know who was on the ship or how many people were in it, but that's probably not too important. However, that would still exclude 1 conspirator from your painting Bennett. I don't know who the conspirators were either, but I'm thinking maybe one of the conspirators changed their ways and was excluded? Other than that, I have no idea.

Also, as beautiful as your porch is, I'd really appreciate it if you could open your door, it won't take more than a minute. You know who you are.

[OOC]
Can I join this game right now?
Whatever happened to yellowgoblin, Tom's son? I'm pretty sure he's the only one who hasn't posted in the thread, though he could just be playing by PM the whole time. If he's not, would Remus replace him?[OOC]

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
How did you know that, Laugher? I never heard that before

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Oops, I worded that wrong. I meant to say that 6 conspirators ruined the ship and killed everyone on it. I don't know who was on the ship or how many people were in it, but that's probably not too important. However, that would still exclude 1 conspirator from your painting Bennett. I don't know who the conspirators were either, but I'm thinking maybe one of the conspirators changed their ways and was excluded? Other than that, I have no idea.

Also, as beautiful as your porch is, I'd really appreciate it if you could open your door, it won't take more than a minute. You know who you are.
Is this common knowledge and I just missed something?

Umm... share secrets?

@Eor - Can I have your personal frequency?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
If you meet up with me at the convenience store, if you give your personal frequency across the general thread everyone gets it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Alright, not much has happened, so I'm going to start announcing what I think and what me and several other people have found out. We decided a while ago to keep some of this secret, but I am away from them, and with so little activity, I believe we should bring everyone up to scratch. Not that there is that much we know.

First, about the founding. One hundred years ago, when our town was being formed, a group of lepers wanted to form a colony by our town. They offered to pay, and the founders accepted. However, when the ship was sailing, it crashed. We have reason to believe that the founders created a fake beacon, leading them to Elissa's bluff, where their ship ran aground on the rocks, drowning all of them.

We looked into this, trying to find who the founders were (other then Malone), and who was a descendant of them. Surprisingly, we found that there were actually 11 founders. Only five of their names match people we know, and those five are fishermen that have been missing for a week (I believe, perhaps earlier). Then there is Malone, descendant of the first Malone. The other five are a mystery.

I went to the town museum in the Mayor's Office, but the names of the descendants are not there. The fact that the other five descendants (assuming they are here) are hidden, to mean, means that it has to be a game mechanic.

I figure that it could either be that the descendants are the traitors, or that (as in the movie), the traitors have to kill the descendants. Which means that if we root them up, we might be handing the traitors the game. Or if we don't root them up, we might be dooming ourselves. The only way to solve this is to find out if the traitors are the descendants, and I think I know how to do that.

Me and Smitty are by the convenience store, right by the docks. I would like for Rivvers to join us, though anyone with boating experience is welcome. If Smitty would come along, I would be grateful (as I have not told him of this plan).

I plan for us to get on a boat, and to sail into the ocean, to look for those fishermen. A drifting boat is all we would need to find (though a corpse would be much better). If we find any sign that the fishermen are dead, then we have a strong reason to believe that the ghosts need to kill the descendants. If we find nothing, well, that doesn't mean anything, as the ocean is a big and deep place. But we'd be back to where we are now, which can't be bad.

Anyone who wants to come may, I'm at the convenience store. If we could get two boats to search, we'd be good.

Oh, and give Lance my personal frequency number

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Geez, don't you people know your own town's history? [OOC]I googled Elizabeth Dane and it told me the story. I'm assuming Eor did the same or watched the movie[OOC]

Other than that, I have a whole lot of nothing to add right now. I am doing something that may be important or at least help us later on in the game, but I can't really go into details now. My point is, I'm alive, well, and trying to help, it's just that I have been waiting on other people to progress for the last week.

[OOC]Now that I think about it, it's weird playing in a game where people can just die out of nowhere. What I mean by that is that couldn't there be a possibility that another person is dead right now and is just watching the thread, pissed that they can't post? It's not like mafia where the mod must update the thread when someone dies, right?

Also, EE, how does the clock work in this game? Do you go by real life days or do you go by a certain amount of actions preformed by different players?[OOC]

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The movie is not the same as the game, Evil Eye has already informed us of that. And no, everything I said was through what we discovered in the game

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I was going to edit it: it's already different from the movie in the history we have

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I need EVERYONE to do stuff before the time can updated. At the start I tried giving everyone individual "timelines", but this got WAY too muddy when people would go to the same spot.

I can't have some people freeze like statues for two hours while others run away. It's not fair to them.

However, I'm on my last leg of waiting. I'm soon going to start updating the time based on ANYONE'S activity. I can't keep waiting. If five of you are active, well, you get a big head-start on the others. Tough luck. Three, two... whatever.

In short:

MORE ACTIVITY.

Inactive players have the day to catch up to everybody else before I start advancing the time regularly.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Out of Character: I would advise everyone not to take the route that Marshigio took by researching the town and the game outside of the actual game. Googling the Fog or watching the movie won't help, because while some of it will be the same, EE has taken lengths to make it different. Also, I don't want legitimate hard work and information gathering to go to waste because some idiot thought they could cut corners and just read about the town.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Cress, I believe you can just wake up now without there being any real negative consequences, 45 minutes is not that long, and you can always go back to sleep later. Plus, I know where you're sleeping

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The last sentence was suppose to be a joke (though in reality I do), not a threat. Reading it again made me realize it came out wrong, my bad. I just want to play this game with Mr. Windows

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
[OOC]Yeah, I misunderstood the game's relationship to the movie's, my bad. Eor already pointed that out, but thanks to Tom anyway for essentially saying the same thing while calling me an idiot :mad::mad::mad:/sarcasm. I wasn't planning on "cutting corners", I read a 3-paragraph summary of the movie on Wikipedia looking for info about the Elizabeth Dane. It didn't even name names, but I'm horribly sorry to anyone who may have been pissed off.

Seriously though, he's right, so ignore those lost few posts I made talking about the crew, Phibes seems to have gotten it down.[OOC]

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
[OOC] As much as I'd love to be playing right now, I hardly think it'd be realistic to simply will myself awake dontcha think? There's nothing that I can do to wake up earlier. >_>[/OOC]

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
[OOC] As much as I'd love to be playing right now, I hardly think it'd be realistic to simply will myself awake dontcha think? There's nothing that I can do to wake up earlier. >_>[/OOC]
OOC: Well, a lot of us woke up at the very start of the game with our own willpower. I think we can wake up and go to sleep whenever we want.

Sorry I've been inactive guys, I've just been feeling extra lazy.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
If it's worth anything, I tried calling the office but got no dial tone.

Also, as I said before, my husband and his friends have NOT returned from their fishing trip...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I haven't set off, so I'll repeat myself.

Actually, I'll push it a step further. If you haven't done anything very important this game, COME HERE. This is incredibly important, and easy enough that more of you can get involved.

TMW, <3, and Mayor Cress are who I want to join, though of course anyone with boating experience is needed, or anyone who wants to come. At the moment it's just me and Smitty (and I'm not sure he'll come), so if none of you want to go I'll have to boat by myself, though I'm not that good of a boater and it will be very difficult.

Top Bottom