• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fog - Game Over!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Also, I'm confused as to where I am right now. I'm either at Smitties, or at my store, I was never updated.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I can also bring things over if needed, I'm trying to turn my car into a sort of makeshift ambulance.

After a Sheriff deals with the fire (which I assume they'll do), could one of them please come to the hospital? Forensics might help us find out took the car.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
And for everything else: I don't find Simms suspicious. I also don't find Bennet suspicious. I'd rather not get involved in power politics.

Although whoever suggested a role call, I can say that I support that plan. Just to make sure we're all OK.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Deputy, well put about Bennet.

Dr. Phibes, I think we need to look into that. You say that Waterman's body was gone? Who would have stolen his shriveled body? I still think we should organize a party to go up to the Parish and Follow that car. It seems like all of these events trace back to the Toyota.

As for me, I'll stay for the moment so that I can be here when Bennet gets out and we figure out what to do next.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Rivers, did you see the type of car that drove off?

Also, I'm not sure why anyone would steal the body. Maybe there was a medical test I could have done on it, that would lead to the development of a test? I'm not sure. Maybe the body started again and fully evaporated. I would assume that, if it wasn't for the missing car and the missing key.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I turn back to the Sheriff's Office (I was driving home, or maybe I was already there, can't tell). When I'm there, I go into the impound hoping that there's a fire truck in there (or a really big hose).

If so, I get in it (after locking my car up and bringing my keys with me), drive to Mr. Bennett's house, and try to hose down the fire. I keep a good distance from it as I aim.

If not, please turn to page 8.

Hopefully this works, if not, maybe Mr. Castle has one?

Also, Dr. Phibes, I'll get back to you on that after talking to Simms [OOC]Clear your inbox.[OOC] and, hopefully, putting out this fire.

Also, I'm not sure why anyone would steal the body. Maybe there was a medical test I could have done on it, that would lead to the development of a test? I'm not sure. Maybe the body started again and fully evaporated. I would assume that, if it wasn't for the missing car and the missing key.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to play hero and stole the body so they could investigate it themselves. Or maybe a traitor took it so the guy who is qualified to do those kind of things, couldn't.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I go into the impound hoping that there's a fire truck in there (or a really big hose).

If so, I get in it (after locking my car up and bringing my keys with me), drive to Mr. Bennett's house, and try to hose down the fire. I keep a good distance from it as I aim.
If I do carry this out, I lock the impound as I leave, just in case there is someone who has been jacking cars.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Sandy, STILL at Smitty's.

Isn't the whole town in danger of fire? People were talking about how there's no water pressure. A fire truck probably has its own tank but that won't last forever. We should fix up the water station thingy or whatever, whether that be the mechanic people going and checking it out for damage, or just giving it a generator if it needs one.

As for Waterman's body, someone might have broken into the hospital and stolen it... or Waterman simply got up and left. He could be some kind of fog zombie, infected by the fog. [ooc]For Metagaming, I know Evil Eye LOVES zombie stuff[/ooc] His death was pretty convenient (just happening to get run over) so I wonder if he could have done it on purpose. Maybe he did it for the express reason of getting into the hospital, or maybe it was an accident, or maybe he wanted us to think he was dead for some reason.

I buy a two-week supply of bottled water, and a fire extinguisher (or a few buckets or something for puttin' out fires), and a multi-tool. I gto back to my house (or go to wherever I should go to buy these things, then go home.)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
The Deputy finds a small fire truck with a pressure tank in the back. He's in luck, the compresser is half full and so is the truck itself. The water tank itself is full to the brim.

He flicks on the siren and charges to Bennett's house. By now the entire north half of it is on fire if not more. The windows have started to melt and some of the mud around the foundation is melting, sinking the building a bit.

Wasting no time, he slides open the back window of the truck as he slips the truck into neutral and jumps through the window, yanking the throttle chord the second he lands. After a few hard pulls it turns over. Laugher leaps to his feet and opens fire (hur hur) on the blaze.

The lawn goes out easily, but the foundation and wood paneling give him serious trouble Within twenty minutes of fast thinking and spraying, the fire is out. Bennett's house is charred.

Sandy buys her bottled water, fire extinguisher (note: 10 for sale, nine now) and a multi-tool. She goes home.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Bennett's dog has been staring at Rivers for a while. Slowly, it starts to arch its back. Marcus notices and points his shotgun at it.

"
Bennett call off your dog or I'll shoot! Try to explain whats happened!"

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Sheriff Simms - At the Sheriff's Office, still.

[OOC]Sorry I wasn't active yesterday, guys. Unfortunately, I had finals, and those get priority over the Fog. I'll get caught up soon.

P.S. I just bought premium membership, in large part so that I would not have to constantly clear my PM box for this game. [/OOC]

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Sheriff Simms - Still in my office

Okay, I'm caught up.

First of all, I have to say that my biggest concern is the identity of the arsonist. If anyone sees the car, tell me please. This should give us some idea of his location. If he's still in the car, we can simply see him. If not, he'll be moving on foot, and therefore may still be in the area. So, please, somebody tell me the second you see the vehicle.

Oh, and Marshigo, great thinking in how you responded to the fire. I'd help, but I don't think I could do much. If you do need me, say so and I'll get there as soon as possible.

Now, on to an issue that concerns me more personally - Bennett's accusation (spam_master). [OOC]If you're not interested in this, just skip to the last paragraph of my post.[/OOC] Now, first of all, I thought your plan was foolish from the start. Every time you revealed a new part of your plan, it seemed equally foolish. My main problem with your plan, right from the start, is that it gave us no way to identify the Fog Men. I didn't see any reason to assume that any "test" would work. If none of them did, we'd just be darting from house to house, and attack could come either from within or without. We'd have to be constantly on alert, and the Fog Men would have all the time in the world to pick us up. What kind of strategy is that?

I planned to tell you all this in a private radio conversation with you, but I never got the chance. I was preparing for finals, and my time was limited. Detailing the flaws in your plan to you was low on my priority list.

Now, you mentioned that I didn't share your plan with the rest of the law enforcement? Of course I didn't. You didn't ask me to, and you radioed me with it privately. If you wanted Marshigo or Castle to know about the plan, you should have gotten in contact with them. I have no obligation to promote a plan that I feel is totally foolish.

Now, back to other things. spam_master's plan did give me a few ideas. His idea to use fans and dehumidifiers might have some merit. I'm also thinking that perhaps we can find chemicals that react to moisture, and apply them to people's skins to test for Fogginess. Of course, it would be best if these chemicals weren't harmful to people. Smitty and Doctor Phibes, I would appreciate if you two would keep a special look out for these about these, as you're the two people most likely to know where some might be. I don't know if any of these tactics will be of any use, but they are definitely things we'll want to consider.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I tell Plissken to sit, and ask Rivers to kindly not point his shotgun at my dog

Thank you for putting out my home.

I go inside and try and find anything worth salvaging

Oh btw here is that painting I was talking about.

Show everyone painting

If you guys follow me in my truck I can probably rig up something with the plumbing to recharge that thing.

I load up my truck with everything I have left, and reconnect my battery

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
A few minutes after leaving with the fire truck, Laugher comes back, but doesn't get out of his squad car.

Bennett says his piece to Plissken, who snuffs his nose and lies down on the lawn.

Going inside, Bennett is aghast to see the house charred. The walls are a sickening yellow-green, and everything still reeks of smoke. He coughs hard, and puts his sleeve over his mouth. He manages to find some tools like his nailgun, bandsaw, and a bit of plywood unburned in the south east corner. Some furniture is unscathed, but it will be a while before the house is liveable again.

Simms's Jeep arrives, and he walks up to Laugher.

Bennett shows the painting. It is a foggy piece, almost all in grayscale. A ghastly ship can be seen, ragged masts rolled, though the ship still sails, catching a wind not of this earth. It is an old clipper ship, and through the fog, five silhouettes can be seen.

Morose, Bennett sets the painting back on the ground and loads up his truck.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I pack one of my fire extinguishers

Ok guys, it's 9am and most of the town is running off of little to no sleep.... If you've been so inactive that you havent came and got supplies from my store yet, please do so quickly (roughly 12 hours from this post) because I think we could all use a little rest... and i'm tired of sitting in one place while Phibes and others are getting all the action =(

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
New gameplay dynamic! It's like a new deck for Magic or some ****, only 10000% less lame.

FEAR

Every last one of you is afraid of something. This can affect you in several ways. It might make you clumsier with actions, or even affect your insanity. Of course, it can be good, as well. Knowing for certain that your fear is nowhere near you (ie: fear of mosquitoes in the winter) can actually aid your sanity. As can sharing it, of course. If you share your fear with the right person they can console you.

If you didn't receive a PM with the title "PHEER", let me know. Also, PM me a list of all your friends and family in the game so I can tell you the fears that you would know. Danke!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm about to leave the hospital, so if anyone needs medical aid from the fire, tell me now. You all seem to be generally OK.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Dr. Phibes, do you still want the place checked out? I wouldn't mind stopping by the office real quick to gather some equipment. It seems that it'd be better for both of us if it was checked later (seeing that you're about to leave and I'm at my house), though.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm. I'm hungry. I want pizza.

Drive to Omelito's Pizzeria.

Anyone care to join me?

~ Kathy Williams, Smitty's Store

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
To be honest, I've given it a look around and I haven't found anything, anything at all. (ooc: I was thinking about asking you to use fingerprints, but that wasn't around at this time). I am going to the strip as well, you can have a look around.

Get in my car and drive to the strip

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
The Deputy stops by Smitty's, picks up some things, and drives home.

Kathy drives to the Pizzeria. It is locked.

Simms and Dr. Phibes drive to the Strip and meet there. Stevie Wayne is just leaving as they arrive.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
On White Beach, the Sheriff spins around and tears *** back toward Whidmoore and drifts into Carpenter Crescent.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Omelito open up your restaurant! I want my pizza!

~Kathy Williams, Omelito's Pizzeria.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Sheriff Simms - Investigating

Oh, Mrs. Williams. You'd asked for police protection, but we'll have to figure out how that would work.

If you still want it, could you radio me? [OOC]AIM would be preferable, because I'd rather be able have an actual conversation to discuss it.[/OOC] I have to admit though, both me and Deputy Laugher are rather busy at the moment, but I know I'd be quite willing to give you all the help I can.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Also, I think we should burn any bodies of fog people after we kill them, I personally think that because there were no signs of forced entry that the fog simply cam back in and "rehydrated" for lack of a better term the body. Also, he is probably who set my house on fire and ran inot the woods so nobody would see him. This means that fog might be able to inhabit any dead bodies and also, the more we kill the more loose fog will be out.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Ok, my internet has been out for a while, I am not going to lie, I have not read this page so I don't know what has very currently happened. But I am going to go ahead and go get my diving equipment so that I can see the problem better.

If I missed something that is immediately important and involves my current action then tell me.

-Erica Parker at the dam

Handorin

Smash Hero

Sorry, I will be there momentarily. I'll need to run and grab my generator first though. What kind of pizza would you like so I know what to make when I get there?

I drive home, grab my generator, a can of gas. Then I go back to work, open up and prepare to make some pizza.

[OOC]Funny enough, I was acutally at work. Know what I work? Domino's Pizza. Haha.[/OOC]

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Sheriff Simms - Investigating

Oh, Mrs. Williams. You'd asked for police protection, but we'll have to figure out how that would work.

If you still want it, could you radio me? [OOC]AIM would be preferable, because I'd rather be able have an actual conversation to discuss it.[/OOC] I have to admit though, both me and Deputy Laugher are rather busy at the moment, but I know I'd be quite willing to give you all the help I can.
Hmm I really have know Idea how that would work. I'll add you to my buddy list. We will discuss the details there.

Sorry, I will be there momentarily. I'll need to run and grab my generator first though. What kind of pizza would you like so I know what to make when I get there?

I drive home, grab my generator, a can of gas. Then I go back to work, open up and prepare to make some pizza.

[OOC]Funny enough, I was acutally at work. Know what I work? Domino's Pizza. Haha.[/OOC]
Thank you Mr.Omelito. I would like to have a Hawaiian pizza :bee:

[ooc]Well that's a coincidence. Hopefully you make pizza as here as well as you do in real life. :laugh: [/ooc]

Handorin

Smash Hero
[OOC]Im going to Lance's tournament today, so I wont be posting anymore I think.[/OOC]

So when ever my last actions get done, I hope to make a Hawaiian pizza (a lot of Mexicans get that >_>) and give it to Kathy for free. (I feel sorry about the wait.) After that close down the shop and DC the generator to save gas.

If Sandy can make it down here, she might be able to make more pizza for people.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Omelito leaves the Drive-Inn and heads to pick up his generator. He then hooks it up and gives Kathy a free pizza (he takes his or it's free thing seriously!) Afterwards he disconnects and closes the shop again.

Bennett goes to Smitty's to purchase rations, a flood lamp, and other things, then gases up his truck. He drives over to the Drive-Inn. His headlights wash over Daniel Phibes, hunched in the deserted ticket booth. The barricade is down.

Smitty closes up shop, locks the doors, and goes upstairs to catch a few winks.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
With a heavy underwater flashlight and a dive knife, Erica throws on her breathing regular, checks the air, and leaps from the dam.

Top Bottom