• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Fog - Game Over!

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I was a traitor. I basically did good guy stuff the entire game, hoping my team mates would take care of the bad guy sabotage stuff, while I could gain people's trust. It worked and I got a list of who the descendants were, but it was kinda redundant as Ashcroft had his bug on Phibes and heard it as well. Me and Ashcroft were the only two traitors to discover each other in human form.

I was an immortal ghost for a while, but then I accidentally killed a soldier, Summers, with a live grenade I was trying to get rid of, so I lost my immortality (ghosts would lose it if they killed someone who was not a descendant, until all the descendants were dead.) I was shot in the head shortly after (by Lowry?) and instead of just dying completely like I thought I would, I was revived in human mode as a non-traitor.

Then, while sneaking around Ashcroft's place looking for guns and supplies, I came across some info for the Rainbow, which is like a hole in the space-time continuum. I didn't have the trust of anyone in the town, but Simms gave me Danny's personal frequency and I relayed the info to him. Then after fighting the ghost of Gold Rush, Pliskin led me to point two where I met up with Grizzwald. Danny showed up and didn't kill me. Then we won the game when Danny inputted the data I found into the Rainbow control system thingy at Point Two and closed it down. Then some climactic stuff happened where we all almost died a lot but didn't.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I was a traitor. I basically did good guy stuff the entire game, hoping my team mates would take care of the bad guy sabotage stuff, while I could gain people's trust. It worked and I got a list of who the descendants were, but it was kinda redundant as Ashcroft had his bug on Phibes and heard it as well. Me and Ashcroft were the only two traitors to discover each other in human form.

I was an immortal ghost for a while, but then I accidentally killed a soldier, Summers, with a live grenade I was trying to get rid of, so I lost my immortality (ghosts would lose it if they killed someone who was not a descendant, until all the descendants were dead.) I was shot in the head shortly after (by Lowry?) and instead of just dying completely like I thought I would, I was revived in human mode as a non-traitor.

Then, while sneaking around Ashcroft's place looking for guns and supplies, I came across some info for the Rainbow, which is like a hole in the space-time continuum. I didn't have the trust of anyone in the town, but Simms gave me Danny's personal frequency and I relayed the info to him. Then after fighting the ghost of Gold Rush, Pliskin led me to point two where I met up with Grizzwald. Danny showed up and didn't kill me. Then we won the game when Danny inputted the data I found into the Rainbow control system thingy at Point Two and closed it down. Then some climactic stuff happened where we all almost died a lot but didn't.
I like how you left out the part where you murdered me >: (

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm going to spawn a ****load of zombies in every item you touch from now on out

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just sat in my literary emporium and read about everything that you guys were posting about in the thread. I started putting some pieces together, when I went extremely inactive, and eor took control.
I then staying in the camera room for a good while until eor died. Then I actually had to be active.....kinda.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Well, I had a great time playing my first adventure game, although I was screwed over prematurely >:(

I started out playing safe, blending in and acting just like the rest of you. Then things got messy when deputy Laugher came to the dam shed to get fingerprints. Erica and I were in the middle of some... private activities, and so we tried to shoo him away. It all went wrong when Erica joked about killing him to me. He overheard this ridiculous idea and took it that she was serious.

After quite a bloody fight, Erica had been knocked out and I was in handcuffs. Erica had gone to extreme measures, going at Laugher with a sledge hammer. I'm convinced she had gone insane somehow. At the police station, I was hooked up to a polygraph when Doctor Phibes came in and shot me, revealing that I was a traitor.

In another cell, Erica was put to death and shot as well. Before she died, the last thing said to her was from Deputy Laugher. "Your boyfriend is dead."

Little did anybody know at that point that we had two lives. By night, I was revived as a mortal ghost as I ran about in search of anybody I could kill. That somebody happened to be Laugher, of all people. Another brutal fight transpired, Laugher armed with a pistol up against my ghostly form, wielding a machette. Eventually I was able to slice him open before fleeing from the military. I quickly healed and ran toward the parish.

For a while after, I spent my time patrolling the town in search of any life or activity. Desperate, I constructed a large bomb from soil and other materials. It destroyed the bar and the buildings around it. It still brought little to help. After waiting there, I ran to the parish where I heard some gunshots. Picking up a pike, I went inside to encounter Lt. Grizzwald. I charged at him like a bull, taking many bullets on the way. Just before I could land my blow, Grizzwald made the final shot to kill me once and for all.

That's my fog story. Twas fun stuff.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
What the hell... I was hiding in the pipe maze where the Rainbow computer was... (I believe). EE never told me squat about someone coming in. >:O

I guess it's easier to play through AIM too... I was planning to take out some people, but they always moved before I could do what I wanted to. >:O Like when Ashcroft got shot by a nail, I was gonna slit his throat (since he suspiciously wanted to smoke some weed alone) but it turns out by the time I asked EE where he was someone already came and took him away. >_>

At least I had a total of two drinks this whole game.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
OH man I forgot that. After Ashcroft had been taken away I got a PM saying he wanted to search Ashcroft.

He'd have found the grenade that blew up the Elizabeth Dane, which killed the direct lead to to the Traitors.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I definitely started out playing this more fervently than I was at the end. Great game design though, I'm kind of disappointed in myself for not indulging myself more in the game. I just kind of fell behind at one point and everything went over my head. I didn't know enough to really make informed decisions anymore. It's probably a good thing that I got dictatored at the end. That's for putting this together though EE, brilliant work.

So uh, what's this whole Project RAINBOW thing about?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
So uh, yeah. How would you abridge the game?

Kielbasa75013 (12:23:33 AM): well you could just say "Founders of a town sink leper ship and steal their gold, the government does tests on the town, the tests are abandoned, but they end up resulting in the ghosts of the lepers returning to wreck havoc on the town"

Kielbasa75013 (12:23:43 AM): but that leaves out a lot

symptom129: Leper ghosts haunt the town. Farting man's car works, he lied, we kill him. The doctor is a badass. Check his house, will you? Explosions. Pirates, demands. Suicide bombing hero. What is with this gold coin? The Sheriff and the Doctor kill the lovers, one was a fog-person. We find bears in a cave, so we go deeper into the cave. Mystery, puzzles. Do you like my trenchcoat? The military steps in... or have they been involved the whole time? Who the **** just threw an egg at me? Ghosts keep coming, its almost day. Military. Bunch of people die. She wakes up from a coma, the doctor is dead. Figures, everyone is dead. The problems are solved, the town is safe. For now.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Doc: I have an idea
Sheriff: It sucks!
Sheriff: I have a better idea!
Doc: It sucks!

Meanwhile, Ashcroft starts murdering everyone

Handorin

Smash Hero
Pizza Guy: Hey, I think people are trying to kill me. *runs in woods*
Pizza Guy: IM THE FORREST KING *goes with military*
Pizza Guy: IM THE PIPE MAZE KING

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Project Rainbow was like a hole in the space-time continuum. It casued the ghosts and the goal of the game was to use the computer thingy in Point Two to fix it. Danny Phibes was the only remaining guy who could do it, but it required some documents that also needed to be found, one of which I found at Ashcroft's place once I turned good. So we're lucky as hell that Ashcroft didn't destroy them.

B

Black Mask

And I ran around getting to do what amounts to basically nothing the whole game.

._.

Edit: FYI, this is camo-man. XD

Top Bottom