• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Party general support thread

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Like I said before, Mach Rider is my most wanted Retro character but he isn't my only wanted Retro character though. Here is my wanted Retro characters list in order of ranking:

1. Mach Rider
2. Ayumi Tachibana
3. Wart
4. Lip
5. Takamaru

I would be happy with any of them especially the first three.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
hey i'd like to see some more first-parterinos too
thing is, i'll admit most of the more recent first-party people throw around as likely don't interest me. at all. most of my first-party wants are older, more obscure characters
so aside from like officer howard or pretty much any kirby character, the peeps people throw around nowadays in the first-party pool i can't bring myself to care much for
but characters like takamaru, isaac and saki? oh hell yeah put 'em in

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Lip is my most wanted 1st party. I love retro characters in general. Excitebiker or Match Rider are great character suggestions as well.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
if we had to choose between Mach Rider and Excitebiker which one would be a better choice? and why?
Excitebiker has a more successful series.

Mach Rider is cooler tho.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
if we had to choose between Mach Rider and Excitebiker which one would be a better choice? and why?
I can't choose between them, man. Excitebike is a classic, we'd get the iconic ramp stage and a fighter that's always on a bike. But with Mach Rider we get Mad Max and Furiosa mixed into one character.

Way I'd go about it, keep Excitebiker on the bike all the time, and make Mach Rider fight on foot using rifles and chains and cool biker stuff.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I looked at the picture in the first page of the thread, and it's incredible... at first, I thought "oh, a collage of all the remaining Nintendo characters still not in Smash, it's gonna be full of obscure faces and minor side characters", then I look more in depth, and I see it's filled with big names and popular characters instead, and I wish even just half of them were in the game.

About retro reps, I don't know, it depends on what you mean with retro rep.
I would say Lip, but there are many other characters from games that now are old enough to be called "retro".
My most wanted character can be a retro character too given that her first appearance was 30 years ago (1997), if we count KDL3 as her debut.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I looked at the picture in the first page of the thread, and it's incredible... at first, I thought "oh, a collage of all the remaining Nintendo characters still not in Smash, it's gonna be full of obscure faces and minor side characters", then I look more in depth, and I see it's filled with big names and popular characters instead, and I wish even just half of them were in the game.

About retro reps, I don't know, it depends on what you mean with retro rep.
I would say Lip, but there are many other characters from games that now are old enough to be called "retro".
My most wanted character can be a retro character too given that her first appearance was 30 years ago (1997), if we count KDL3 as her debut.
dont be dissing the obscure characters

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I actually played Mach rider and excitebike and excitetruck I would give my opinion about it when I think about it in smash.
Excitetruck was the most fun and enjoyable game.
Excitebike is the most recognizable and more used in many Nintendo games.
Mach Rider has the most interesting story and a character development.
As much as I like those I will have to go with Mach Rider I think even the moveset would be more interesting knowing that it’s both a gun and a bike user as well.
We can have Mach Rider as playable and have excitebike stage and have so many excitetruck songs it would do justice for all.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
What do you think of this Fighters Pass I did? (With First Party reps only.)
View attachment 272619
No offense man, but it looks kind of lame.

-Helix is a cool idea of a character, but i don't see it happening. We are likely gonna get a Spirit/AT upgrade from an ARMS rep like Springman before this happens (and if Spirits and ATs are off the table, then i think Mechanica is more likely) honestly this one feels random for the sake of it.

-Bandanna Dee is the best choice in this Pass. A popular and important character from a frachise which is among Nintendo's most prestegious IPs, if there's only character i could save from this Pass, it's him.

-I don't think Yoshi's series needs a new character, but Poochy is probably the best choice if that were to happen. He's like Isabelle for me, don't hate him, just not interesed in it happening.

-If we were to get a second Wario series character, i want her to be Captain Syrup. She may not a have a lot of source material to draw from, but the concept of playing as a pirate is enough to make her sound appealing moveset-wise (this is the same series that made Captain Falcon, Fox and a Plant playable) than Shake King could ever be. Plus seeing how Sakurai seems to barely care about Wario Land, if we ever were to get a second Wario rep (Waluigi does not count) it would be Mona or Ashley.

-No comment about a Pokemon Rep, i don't care about Flavor of the month Pokémon reps and i certainly would prefer any other franchise to get a character, but Pokémon is Pokémon so i wouldn't be surprised (well, aside from the fact that Sw/Sh already got a spirit even so it's not likely)

-Probably the worst one of the 6. I want actual Nintendo characters, not scrapped dummies.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
What do you think of this Fighters Pass I did? (With First Party reps only.)
View attachment 272619
Super strange I honestly wouldn’t mind Shake King if that means we are getting Warioware land content properly and also Poochy is a good boi a 2nd yoshi rep would be great.
As for the others I don’t have any interest towards them.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I can't choose between them, man. Excitebike is a classic, we'd get the iconic ramp stage and a fighter that's always on a bike. But with Mach Rider we get Mad Max and Furiosa mixed into one character.

Way I'd go about it, keep Excitebiker on the bike all the time, and make Mach Rider fight on foot using rifles and chains and cool biker stuff.
My thought exactly.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
It feels like you're trying to fill a quota as opposed to putting in well liked and well known characters.
Isn’t choosing only or mostly characters that are broadly popular filling a quota though? I don’t personally agree with Mamboo07 Mamboo07 ’s taste at all, but it feels disingenuous to assume that because their picks aren’t popular that they have some ulterior motive to their list. Some people just like characters that aren’t popular.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say, that I do have a gut feeling that we'll be getting one more first party newcomer.

Can't say why, just a feeling.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I will say, that I do have a gut feeling that we'll be getting one more first party newcomer.

Can't say why, just a feeling.
I mean, when Joker was revealed, i had a feeling that Third Parties new to Smash would be the norm. Yeah, Byleth exists, but he was the exception to the norm.

I just can't see us getting an ARMS rep and the rest beign all these SUPER MEGA UNEXPECTED YET ANTICIPATED THIRD PARTIES.. No, you just don't do that if opening is with an ARMS rep of all things.

Now im not saying the rest of the Pass will all be First Party and one token Guest at the ver end. What i am saying is that another 2 or even 3 first parties wouldn't surprise me at all.

Some people may say it's too early to tell, but when i saw Fighter Pass 1 i saw the first choice and knew how it was gonna go. 4/5 beign what i suspected (Third Parties) ain't bad if i say so myself.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean, when Joker was revealed, i had a feeling that Third Parties new to Smash would be the norm. Yeah, Byleth exists, but he was the exception to the norm.

I just can't see us getting an ARMS rep and the rest beign all these SUPER MEGA UNEXPECTED YET ANTICIPATED THIRD PARTIES.. No, you just don't do that if opening is with an ARMS rep of all things.

Now im not saying the rest of the Pass will all be First Party and one token Guest at the ver end. What i am saying is that another 2 or even 3 first parties wouldn't surprise me at all.

Some people may say it's too early to tell, but when i saw Fighter Pass 1 i saw the first choice and knew how it was gonna go. 4/5 beign what i suspected (Third Parties) ain't bad if i say so myself.
It tends to be a trend for the first character revealed to set the stage:

:peachmelee:: Smash 2 poll requests
:metaknight:: Filling out already-represented series
:4villager:: Modern Nintendo/series that didn't have fighters
:4mewtwo:: Smash veterans/icons
:ultinkling:: Fighter ballot requests
:ultjoker:: Third parties that are closer to cult followings than mainstream ones (at least, this applies to DQ outside Japan)

So what will the ARMS rep be a sign of? Deconfirmed characters? What is now modern Nintendo? Keep in mind that these aren't perfect examples of every Melee/Brawl/4/4 DLC/Ultimate/FP1 character, but a frequent pattern among them.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
ARMS could be a sign of either first or third party characters they were considering doing for the base game or first pass but are finally getting their chance now.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
:peachmelee:: Smash 2 poll requests
I mean. Only half the initially planned newcomers came from the poll.

:peachmelee::bowsermelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee:

The other half were meant to be surprises.
:zeldamelee::sheikmelee::icsmelee::gawmelee:

I don't know if I'd say it was a trend that was indicative of the roster.
:4mewtwo:: Smash veterans/icons
I kind of feel like this is cheating...

Like out of the newcomers released as Smash 4 DLC, half of them weren't icons.

:4corrin::4bayonetta:

Regardless, I don't feel like patterns are what to look for right now.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
i do think arms signifies a pattern for pass 2 but we won't know what that pattern is until we look back on the entire pass in retrospect

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Nintendo characters that I think should really be in smash:
-Anything Zelda (Skull Kid, BOTW champion, Kass, Midna, Tingle, ETC)
-Dixie Kong (At this point likely the only super iconic nintendo character really left not named toad)
-Anything Rythm Heaven (Chorus Kid, Trial Girl, etc...)

Nintendo characters i want in smash:
-Edelgard
-Kass or a BotW champion.
-Isaac (Fan favourite, golden sun was cool)
-A non humanoid nor first gen pokemon.

nintendo characters that i would say, "heh, nice" if they are added.
-Mach Rider
-Waluigi
-Another Wario ware Rep
-Flick (From new horizons)
-a paper mario party member
-Something from advance wars
-Something from Xenoblade
-Something Else Splatoon.
-The trainer from the ring fit game.
-Poochy (from yoshi games)

Last edited:

Zero Suit Violet

Smash Journeyman
Ooooh, been a while since I went in this thread, I actually have something to share !

So a few months ago, I posted this pass :
First Fighter Pass.png

Which is the First Pass of Movesets that I did (Aka, I do movesets for characters I like, and since it was 5 of them, a friend put them up in one image), well, since then I continued to do moveset, and recently ... I released this pass with the last 6 I did !
Fighter Pass 2 GMQ!.png

Just wanna precise that, Fawful and Rundas in this pass were choosen by a poll I left around the place where I usually post my movesets, I still like them a lot, but I would honestly have hesitated to put Rundas in there if it wasn't fan choosen haha

So I know it's not only First Party, but it mostly have them because that's what I enjoy the most/what I'm the most passionate about, so I thought to share it here too !
If anyone want a link to the moveset of any of those characters, don't be afraid to ask !

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ooooh, been a while since I went in this thread, I actually have something to share !

So a few months ago, I posted this pass :
View attachment 272920

Which is the First Pass of Movesets that I did (Aka, I do movesets for characters I like, and since it was 5 of them, a friend put them up in one image), well, since then I continued to do moveset, and recently ... I released this pass with the last 6 I did !
View attachment 272921

Just wanna precise that, Fawful and Rundas in this pass were choosen by a poll I left around the place where I usually post my movesets, I still like them a lot, but I would honestly have hesitated to put Rundas in there if it wasn't fan choosen haha

So I know it's not only First Party, but it mostly have them because that's what I enjoy the most/what I'm the most passionate about, so I thought to share it here too !
If anyone want a link to the moveset of any of those characters, don't be afraid to ask !
in both of those theres only one character i couldnt get behind

Top Bottom