• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Smash item Thread *UPDATE: PIT!*

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i think it will do 50-60 damage for attacks like mario's, but if it hard to hit a person, maybe 80. like, for link's, if he does a dash and has to hit someone in order for the triforce to appear, mayb, 65-70.
and maybe not all will do damage, say, maybe one gets a stock back and fully heals you, or maybe one makes you invincible for a little bit.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Final Smashes will freeze the game. It would interrupt the fight, therefore taking away enjoyment. Have faith in Sakurai, he knows what hes doing.

weasleman333

Smash Apprentice
Raptorbaby10, MirageofMadness already stated this.

even if you didn't know your still right.

If it was a a clip every time you did a super smash, then the game would be dumb

SGX

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if anyone played Battle Stadium DON for PS2...

You'd know that in a game like this, cinematic supers get old FAST.

Otherwise, I thought the supers in that game were a welcome addition.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea or maybe one concentrated one in the middle of the stage with lots of electricity coming out of the sides.

(And what did you think of my game?)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i didn't check my email yet will do it now

as for pikachu's smash, it could be either

didn't get it.
if you sent to my gmail account, then try sending to my other one. ( i will P.M it)

jb254

Smash Apprentice
I was just playing Melee with the Pokeball item on, and I got an idea for how the Final Smashes will work for characters like Link and Kirby...

I think the character will begin glowing like we see in the videos, when this happens he becomes untouchable. Then, they will perform an initial attack to target the opponent, like Link dashing. Once the character connects we'll see the attack animation in real-time (again, you can't interrupt, if you try you will get pushed back).

It'll be like in Melee when a legendary pokemon attacks a player. It won't freeze gameplay but you need to keep your distance. So, for example, Link will be attacking Mario with that Triforce thing on one side of the screen, while Pikachu and Pit are still fighting on the other side.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
That would work if your able to activate it whenever you want (While you have the smash orb of course) which i presume we will by reading the Mario's final smash post.

Tera253

Smash Ace
snake just might gut someone....

hell eat pikachu via snakeeater tactics
nah, Pikachu has no choice but to have a much cooler FS than Snake.
Pokemon>MGS

as for Pika's smash, Tera always pictured it as an electric version of Mario's.
If it's one of those crappy final smash's like Links or Kirbys that can only hurt one person, Tera will be sad/mad.
~Tera253~

VA

Smash Hero
After seeing todays update (The Delfino Plaza stage), the use of the final smash has suddenly been brought to life for me.

Previously I have been imagining that you pick up the smash ball and unleash your Final Smash move as soon as possible. i.e YAY MASSIVE DAMAGE FTW!!11!!one!

But then I read over what it said about Mario's final smash and began to think about the tactical side of it:

The explosion launches out and expands vertically as it travels, so in order to inflict the most damage possible on enemies, it's best to release this from a slightly floating or mid-air position on either the left or right side of the screen.

So, on a stage like Delfino Plaza it won't be as easy to hit with Mario's Final Smash; the screenshots illustrate a few landing points without mid air platforms either side of the screen. I imagine Mario picking up a Final Smash and waiting for the perfect opportunity to release the FS and everyone around having to anticipate when he may choose to activate it.

I imagine many advantages will arise from FS moves certain stages or on certain transformations of stages. A whole new tactical light has been shone on FS! I can't wait to see more on it, *hype hype*

P.S MASSIVE DAMAGE :psycho:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
HiT tHe WeAk sPoT fOr MaSiVe DaMaGe!!

Anyways yhea you could surprise them and launch it just as you land (Or while your landing)>

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
nah, Pikachu has no choice but to have a much cooler FS than Snake.
Pokemon>MGS
Pfffft, please. Snake's FS is going to be burning a hole in pikachus eye with his cigarette.

.. while smoking a cigarette.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Pikachu gets rabies and proceeds to start biting every player on the level until they are dead... and i don't mean off the stage dead i mean dead dead!

animan

Smash Cadet
snake eating pika funny but i like what me and my freind come up with
he will atomaticly get behide some one and break there neak like he does
int the mgs series

Cenedar

Smash Ace
IMO, there are two ways we could go for Fox's FS...

1. He calls in his buddies to bomb/fire the arena, smiting the bejeezus out of anyone unfortunate enough to get hit.

2. He uses the Fire Fox move in some crazy flurry of attacks.

And I'm going with the first one most likely.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
I imagine many advantages will arise from FS moves certain stages or on certain transformations of stages. A whole new tactical light has been shone on FS! I can't wait to see more on it, *hype hype*
Hopefully you won't lose your ability to use the FS once you get KO'ed. Otherwise the moment someone picks up the item everyone will gang-up on that person.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Snake's FS should be something like throwing grenades with a series a punches and kicks all over the place and getting anyone who is in is way, but that snake smoking pikachu idea would be funny:laugh:

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Obviously, Fox's Final Smash will be to do a Barrel Roll. :p

On the subject of single target Final Smashes, I see them working like grabs. Take Link's for example. When he activates his Final Smash, there will be a certain range of effectiveness. If there is a character within range, I they'll be caught in between two Triforces and unable to move. After that, Link will go into a slashing fit on them like in the movie. Everyone not caught in the attack will be able to move and more than likely be able to be injured by Link's slashes if too close. Though, if something like Kirby's Down B were to hit Link or a Bob-omb, then the attack would be interrupted and the trapped person set free. That's how I imagine singular target Final Smashes working.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
The barrel roll! How in God's name could I have forgotten about the BARREL ROLL! Erk, you win.

And I like your idea about the single target final smashes. Be insanely painful, but can still be interrupted by a well placed smash from behind. Although I'd be too busy laughing at whatever poor fool gets caught in the FS to stop it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
What I use to think how the single-hit-oponents finals is that the character who has the final will dash forward, maybe slowing or stopping time, if he connects with an oponent then he executes the attack...

Yet now I think when u execute the final, the closest oponent will be [in Links case] be trapped between 2 triforces and the link goes and thus his own personal omni slash, still IDK, im just hoping they reveal links/kirbys final in the site, so we can get an idea on how the only-hit-one-person finals work...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why we would want to stop it anyway i mean not only is it funny to watch them getting smashed (or slashed in this case) to pieces but it would mean that we could easily KO the person after wards.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Ya know, I was kind of thinking of this:

What if some characters transformed when they grabbed the Smash Ball?

For example, Pikachu touched the smash ball and became Raichu and then turning back to normal when he unleashes the Final Smash.

In Ganondorf's case, he becomes Ganon and then back to normal when doing the Final Smash.

What do you think?

NukeA6

Smash Master
I like that idea. Fox would go Super Saiyan and Link would become Fierce Deity Link.
I just need to see one more DBZ reference/parody in Brawl and I'll be convinced that Sakurai is a DBZ fan.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
maybe some super smashes could be effects instead of an attack like they gain a x3 attack for 10 seconds or something or like x2 knock back.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I just need to see one more DBZ reference/parody in Brawl and I'll be convinced that Sakurai is a DBZ fan.
Luigi's Final Smash: Luigi has a dramatic flashback of being bullied by Mario as a child, then goes into a mad fury and starts screaming while the ground around him shakes and rocks start levitating for some reason and he unleashes the super KamehameLuigiMissile that destroys the battlefield.
And then only he is left.
AND HE'S STILL SCREAMING!!!!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
And then fox comes in with his visor up and starts scanning luigi and then... HIS POWER LEVEL IS OVER 9000!!

Top Bottom