• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Smash item Thread *UPDATE: PIT!*

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I think the Final Smash would be really cool if it also did effects to characters or if it transformed certain character- evolving pikachu to raichu temporarily is a good idea i think, and i also think having Ganondorf turn to Ganon is sweet, but i think if anyone turns into the Feirce Deity, it should be Young Link.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Bad idea about pikachu to raichu, just let her do multiple thunders on all the stage and u got a deal...

Ganondorf to ganon= not bad, but seeing how TP ganon is on all fours I doubt it will happen...

No super saiyan Link (fierce deity link)

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
I love the name Final Smash. My guess is that Fox's final Smash attack is his StarFox ship comes in and launches missles or he shoots his Laser Gun like crazy.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Any Falcon players here? Is the idea/vision of a Super Falcon Punch that's just absolutely massive totally sweet for Falcon's Final Smash?

...If not that, probably having F-Zero racers flood the entire stage is also probable, I suppose...

Just throwing a different character idea out there.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully you won't lose your ability to use the FS once you get KO'ed. Otherwise the moment someone picks up the item everyone will gang-up on that person.
Actually, you'd probably see people running the hell away :p

Also, I hope someone's final smash is like Zapdos' power from Melee. Or maybe Entei's.

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
Actually, you'd probably see people running the hell away :p

Also, I hope someone's final smash is like Zapdos' power from Melee. Or maybe Entei's.
Seeing as Mario destroyed everyone with his final Smash, I'm sure there are some with alot more power.

I just can't wait to see what Jigglypuff does O.o

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty hard to imagine a lot of these peoples moves. I can see Capt Falcon unleashing a huge, lightning fast combo of punches and kicks, ended with a Falcon Punch, but who knows, really? Some people have many options, some not enough. Who honestly saw Kirby using Cook out of his wide variety of moves? Maybe a few, but not a majority.

What I'm saying is: we're probably in for a lot of surprises.

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet
No info really on how kirby's Final Smash works but as it seems kirby cooks them in a pot and burns them but it must take really bad dammage and sends them into the sky.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i hope pikachu's FS is either a giant thunder, or a lot of normal ones fludding the stage. also, what would happen if you got hit in the middle of your final smash?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I had a thought. What if characters had 2 different final smashes, one that hits 1 person (like Link's) and another one that can hit multiple people (like Mario's)?

And whenever you pick up a smash ball you press a different button to choose from the two.

EDIT:
Bowser's Final Smash!

Yoshi's Final Smash!

Stryks

Smash Hero
DOC AINT RETURNING!!! haha had to say it...
Anyway im sure pikachus Final is about like a dozen thunders crashing the earth, after one uber huge thunder lands on pikachu making a giant thunder explosion, now that I think about it that would be sick XD

Stryks

Smash Hero
Blood katana U ARE WRONG!!! Thats not true, they havent revealed HOW they'll transform and we still dont KNOW WHAT samus's super smash, u cant say its official cause of the trailer, use ur head!

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
I think that the FS will be storable, if you look at The First screenshot of Mario he is just standing there. So I think it will be unleashed if you press b will in that mode or something along those lines but if that is the case, it would be awesome to pull it off in a sweet combo in friendlies. I can see it now 0-SUPER DEATH w/ that massive Fireball off the edge.

Stryks

Smash Hero
True, Im sure samus will use maybe a certain beam combo from mp1/mp2 and if there are any mp3, really a sonic boom (anahialator beam combo) would be SICK, if anyone has seen it would know, still its gonna obvious something like that in the trailer will be the FS, still it aint confirmed and blood katana sounds way to sure of himself...

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm...come to think of it, WHAT WILL MEATA DO?!11!?!1!?! lol. Maybe if we follow Aryman's Logic on 2 different kinds of FS

1 person= Milions of slashes directed to one character (kinda like links)

2 or more= Meta goes to each one of the characters, slashing the upwards into the sky and then once they all come down from the sky in a bunch, he starts slicing like crazy

man that would be so kewl :)

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Hmmmm...come to think of it, WHAT WILL MEATA DO?!11!?!1!?! lol. Maybe if we follow Aryman's Logic on 2 different kinds of FS

1 person= Milions of slashes directed to one character (kinda like links)

2 or more= Meta goes to each one of the characters, slashing the upwards into the sky and then once they all come down from the sky in a bunch, he starts slicing like crazy

man that would be so kewl :)
They could use his tornado attack from Kirby superstar on the SNES

and before anyone asks, here a 30 second vid in which he uses it in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUZ29f47d7w
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

now imagine that with improved graphics....= final smash

and @ Blood katana- you do realize that the part of the trailer where samus's armor falls off was cinematic, and not gameplay?

jb254

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Dain that MetaKnight's FS would be that giant tornado, I was thinking about it after fighting him in Kirby: Squeak Squad. It makes perfect sense.

Here are some of my thoughts for a few unconfirmed characters:

I think Luigi's Final Smash would have him take out his vacuum cleaner, and then King Boo comes out of it and attacks everyone.

Donkey Kong will probably toss barrels like he does in the original DK game. Or he may probably start playing a pair of Gamecube Bongos causing an earthquake and rocks to fall from the sky.

Jigglypuff might pull out a microphone and sing her famous song. Then when everyone falls asleep she draws on everyones faces, causing damage along the way.

One Final Smash I'm having trouble trying to picture is one for Princess Peach. Any ideas?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Looks like whoever it was who elaborately stated his thesis on Link's Final Smash working like a dash followed by a "grab" that traps the victim, was correct.

Not to say that it only damages one character. Even the hitboxes from Melee's grab+A attacks can damage other characters.

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, Seeing Links FS I wonder if time freezes for the other characters and it zooms in on Link useing FS, or is Link completly vulnearble to attacks.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Looks like whoever it was who elaborately stated his thesis on Link's Final Smash working like a dash followed by a "grab" that traps the victim, was correct.

Not to say that it only damages one character. Even the hitboxes from Melee's grab+A attacks can damage other characters.
that was me. it was what it looked like in the trailer.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Here are my ideas.

When a character is "invulnerable" he/she will take damage but no knockback.

Mario -
Name: Mario Finale
Aura: standard fire aura
Attack: Mario's fists will set on fire, and then after 1.5 seconds he will project forward two immense fireballs moving like a double helix. The fireballs will expand vertically as they travel.
If the opponent is right in front of Mario, he/she will take up to 70% dmg, otherwise about 44%.
Pros: best ranged final in the game, good damage
Cons: slow, predictable
Aerial: yes, Mario slowly floats down while using it
Shieldable: yes, but will kill the shield after a while
Mario is vulnerable until he shoots the attack.
Origin: SSBB

Dk -
Name: Bongo Blast
Attack: Donkey Kong will take out his bongos, and after about a second he will bang the drums sending four shockwaves alternatively left and right. Each shockwave deals 23%; you can maximise the effect by hitting the opponent with all shockwaves (92%) when he's right beside DK. It will star KO the opponent at about 150% dmg.
Pros: good range (a sound wave cover about 1/4 of Final Destination)
Cons: not very fast.
Aerial: yes, but DK will fall to the ground.
Shieldable: no
Dk is vulnerable when he's taking out his bongos.
Origin: DK 64

Luigi -
Name: Luigi Finale
Aura: green flames surround him
Attack: Luigi will take out his vacuum and suck anyone directly in front of him, trapping the opponent inside the vacuum. Then Luigi will say "here we goooo" in shaky voice, and hit the opponent with Thunder Hand, shooting the opponent alongside an immense green thunder towards the sky, and KO him/her instantly! If someone gets hit only by the thunder he/she will take 30% dmg.
After executing the attack Luigi will clutch his hand and howl in pain.
Pros: insta KO, very quick
Cons: worst ranged final smash in the game!
Aerial: no
Shieldable: yes, but kills the shield
Luigi is vulnerable when using the vacuum, so try to hit him before he hits you!
Origin: SSBB, Luigi's Mansion, Thunder Hand from the superstar rpgs

Fox -
Name: Mission Accomplished
Aura: standard
Attack: After a split second, Fox will dash forward as with a fox illusion (except with barrel roll animation). If he connects, he'll start hitting the opponent with several superfast kicks, dealing 15%; then he'll throw the opponent upwards, say "lock on!", his wrist device will flash and an Arwing passing by will pelt the opponent with a charged laser for additional 24% damage.
Pros: quite fast, good range.
Cons: shieldable, really poor damage for a final smash.
Aerial: yes, works also as a recovery move
Shieldable: yes
Fox is vulnerable while dashing, and while calling the Arwing.

Ice Climbers -
Name: Nearly Absolute Zero
Aura: snow flakes around Popo and Nana
Attack: Popo's hammer will first glow blue; he will then track with his hammer a big glowing snowflake symbol towards the screen, and while tracking the last line he will slam his hammer on the floor. A snow storm of 1/2 the size of Final Destination will then form above Popo, raining ice.
The process takes 2 good seconds, and another 1.5 seconds to recover; however, you can command Nana in the meantime, to defend Popo!
This attack can deal up to 115% with both Climbers, 60% with one. Each snowflake deals 1%.
Pros: one of the most damaging final smashes in the game, defendable by Nana
Cons: shieldable, very slow
Aerial: No
Shieldable: Yes, but not for long
Popo is vulnerable until he hits the floor with the hammer.

Samus -
Name: Omega Cannon
Attack: On the ground, Samus will point her arm cannon forward, a golden halo will circle around her gun, and after a second she will shoot the very fast moving huge energy beam shown in the trailer; in the air, Samus will instead shoot a slow moving humongous ball of energy, which will explode by hitting something, damaging everyone around. The beam deals 70% and KO over 160%; being hit with the ball 86% and KO over 170%; the explosion 55%.
To balance the sheer power of this move, Samus will destroy her suit in the process (much like the omega cannon does in Hunters) and turn into Zero Suit Samus; however you can play as her by pressing "A" at the start of the match.
Pros: awesome range, great damage, good speed
Cons: Samus turns into ZSS
Aerial: yes, with different effect.
Shieldable: yes, but kills the shield, dodging it is a better idea
Samus is always vulnerable during the attack.
Origin: Metroid Prime Hunters

Zero Suit Samus -
Name: Crystal Flash
Attack: Samus grabs a power bomb: instead of detonating it, she will instead absorb the energy of the explosion. While absorbing, she will float in a bubble of pinkish energy. You can control her flight with the control stick. You can hit the other characters with the bubble, dealing 12% damage and small knockback. After finishing, Samus will return with her suit back on. Heals 30% damage.
Pros: heals, doubles as recovery move
Cons: really poor damage, poor range, a bit slow
Aerial: yes
Shieldable: yes
Samus is vulnerable while detonating the bomb.
Origin: Super Metroid

Ness -
Name: PSI Rockin', Omega
Aura: blue aura with red eyes, evil grin on the face
Attack: Ness will slowly float upwards. After a second and half, he'll stop and three large hexagonal rings of blue, red and yellow energy will start rotating around him; those will damage everyone around him much like Zapdos does. After dealing damage, Ness will strike a "air guitar" pose, "play" an electric guitar sound and cause a spherical explosion of blue and red energy, of the size of Final Destination and then some. The rings deal 35% at most; the explosion will deal a random value of damage from 10% up to 120%, killing anyone over 130%!
Pros: great range, potentially the strongest final attack in the game
Cons: slow, predictable, can be weak
Shieldable: only the explosion, without problem
Ness is vulnerable until the rings are shown.
Origin: Earthbound

Meta-Knight -
Name: Master Tornado
Aura: dark energy aura
Attack: Meta Knight will slam his sword into the ground. This will spawn a dark whirlwind; this tornado will expand vertically while travelling forward at medium speed. Any character caught will be brought to the top of said tornado while taking damage. A trick for using it in arenas without pits; if used near the edge of the map it might bring the opponents over the barrier and KO them!
It will deal about 50% damage at most, at a rate of 2% per hit.
Pros: nice range, exploitable, quick
Cons: Meta Knight can be hit at any moment, not hard to avoid at first
Aerial: yes, if done in the air Meta will quickly fall down and use the move
Shieldable: no
Meta-Knight is always vulnerable during the attack.
Origin: Kirby's Adventure / Super Star

Peach -
Name: Rage
Aura: standard
Attack: Peach will get very mad and catch fire. She will then start to run or fly, dealing 28% damage and decent knockback to anyone she hits. You can change her direction or make her fly higher or lower with the control stick, but you can't stop her. Touching the ground in this state will cause a small earthquake in DK style. Lasts 6 secs.
Pros: very mobile
Cons: stoppable, range isn't great, damage has to be racked up, not hard to avoid
Shieldable: yes, two times in a row
Peach stops if at least 40% damage is dealt to her.
Origin: Super Princess Peach

What do you think?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
my favorites is zzs, as it allows her to go back to normal samus, with more life. but my favorite to use would be luigi's. luigi would be fighting someone, and then he suddenly pulls out a vacuum cleaner and they're dead. it should be able to hit more than 1 person though, if they are close enough. meta-knights, ice climbers, ness's, and fox's are awesome, mario's is from the site, and even though i liked the omega cannon, i still like the shot from the trailer better. i didn't like peach's or DK's much, but thats just me.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok guys im in my wii so i cant update the 1st post, but links final kicks ***...

and check the 1st post I tottally got the name of final rite!!

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
But that's the point. My Samus final smash is the one shown in the trailer when used on the ground, but works differently when used in the air. Makes it different from Mario's.
And I know that Dk's or Peach's aren't that great but I got them from their games.
I guess Dk could use the coconut gun as well.

btw, here's Samus using Crystal Flash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alepBscgUX0

Fawriel

Smash Master
StarshipGroove, that was quite the impressive post. Fox's was quite imaginative, as well as many others.
Some points of criticism are that I'm convinced that Samus does not turn to Zamus by means of a Final Smash, but it's not worth arguing about that ( AGAIN! ).
I don't like the idea of Luigi encorporating the infamous vacuum cleaner, but I guess it makes sense.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I know, the original version had Luigi simply sliding forward quickly and connecting wih a small punch to make the opponent dizzy. I didn't like the vacuum either, but I included it because of its popularity.

Top Bottom