• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Smash item Thread *UPDATE: PIT!*

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
and if it was an item, it would be listed under the "items" list on official website. unless they haven't updated yet and it will be there tomorrow.
Lol it IS an item, besides if you people didn't notice already, the SUPERSCOPE isn't on the itemlist either!!! But it still is an item, we can confirm that because it was in melee an item as well.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Lol it IS an item, besides if you people didn't notice already, the SUPERSCOPE isn't on the itemlist either!!! But it still is an item, we can confirm that because it was in melee an item as well.
lol.. what a n00b of course it's going to be an item, just because it's not under the item list doesn't mean it a'int gonna be one!! geez man it even states that it's an item above Wario picture.

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
lol.. what a n00b of course it's going to be an item, just because it's not under the item list doesn't mean it a'int gonna be one!! geez man it even states that it's an item above Wario picture.
What are u trying 2 accomplish? What u said is exactly the same as I did only in other words, besides, making me out for n00b isn't quite original, if u wanna argue with me come up with something better...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Gigakoopa he was just saying to the other guy that it is an item, yet not placed in the items list, he never said it wasnt, sorry giga but UR the 00b for not readin rite...

Fawriel

Smash Master
I very, very heavily doubt that anyone will transform for their Final Smash, with the unlikely exception of Bowser to Giga Bowser, IF Giga Bowser is still in. Of course, that would also be a possibility if Ganon's beast form is an Adventure Mode boss...
Point is, they won't create a whole new character model or even a whole new moveset just for a Final Smash.

2l82masterb8

Smash Rookie
I could see Jigglypuff's final move be her singing with the microphone and putting everyone to sleep, which could be pretty useful if shes edgeguarding.

and yes, sadly, i have seen my fair share of Pokemon episodes.

Celsco

Smash Apprentice
I very, very heavily doubt that anyone will transform for their Final Smash, with the unlikely exception of Bowser to Giga Bowser, IF Giga Bowser is still in. Of course, that would also be a possibility if Ganon's beast form is an Adventure Mode boss...
Point is, they won't create a whole new character model or even a whole new moveset just for a Final Smash.
Yeah I agree, though it would be a great idea 2 create Ganon as a playable char!:chuckle:

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
well it look like some finish smash will not affect the entire stage like mario

link/kirby finisher only attack one person

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i never said the scope wasn't an item, i thought maybe the ball wasn't, but then came the super scope and i thought otherwise. lay off people.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Just to be sure, I never addressed you with my sarcastic remark, samusrules.

*tries to think of something on-topic*

Oh yeah. Stuff like Kirby's FS *could* possibly still hit more than one opponent. Yep.
Hey, even grab-attacks can hit more than one person. But, you know what I mean.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@Fawriel
no, sorry, i should have been more specific.

@Celsco
When i posted that, the super scope post wasn't there yet. once it was there i realized that it probably was an item. although i still think it might not be. If it is confirmed later, don't go quoting this saying i am ********. that would like after the game comes out, going to places like WHO WILL RETURN and quoting people saying stuff that didn't happen.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
As long as it can be turned off, I don't care if it is an item. What I do wonder is if when someone unleashes their final smash, will time stop for everyone while that character is doing their Final Smash (ones that hit one enemy) or while a character is preparing their Final Smash (like Mario in the tralier). I would discuss this or anything else instead of whether it is an item or not for at least a little while.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Everyone for goodness sake IT IS AN ITEM!!

Anyways time wont stop for their attacks because that would ruin the item and not allow you to doge it.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i don't think they freeze time if they hit multiple enemies, but if they only hit one enemy with the move, then it might freeze everyone else. (like kirby's and link's)

as for the people who were arguing, lets put this behind us and get along ;)

@legolastom
maybe you would have to hit the enemy with something first, and if successful, it freezes time

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe only one characters final smash freezes time and your able to damage your opponents (But you cant move them) during this time.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
that would be a cool final smash. but i meant, say, you have to grab the person and then press
L+R and then it freezes time, and, say, cooks mario.

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
Snake- Calls in a helicopter that fires missiles at opponents.

Pit- Summons other angels, and they all combine their bows for a huge one, to fire of an enourmous arrow.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
in the trailer it shows link rushing at mario. maybe when you activate his supermove, he does a small dash, and the first person in his path gets trapped while time is frozen and bambambam the sword to the face.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Id prefer it if time isn't frozen cos thats what could ruin the final smashes and if they are interruptible that would be interesting!

VA

Smash Hero
Personally, I liked the old names better (Super Smash Attack, Smash Emblem) But its cool, I hope its not too overpowered though....the limit should be like 80% Damage
80%?! Are you mad? I made a thread a while ago concerning balance of the Final Smash moves. Basically the Area of Effect ones (Mario Finale) will not do a high amount of damage unless you are hit completly by it i.e one of the two main fireballs. If this does happen you won't take anything near 80% because that is over half a stocks worth of damage. Also you can see that people hit by the Mario Finale don't suffer much knockback, more impact stun. While caught in the fireball they can't move much or it slows them. Those are my observations from the E3 video anyway...but yeah they should keep damage low to make the Final Smashes that are easy to hit with balanced.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well what do you think about final smashes that only target one player like links what do you think their damage will be like?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I would really suggest that for the final smashes like kirby{s and link´s, the time doesnt have to freeze.

For example.. if u are playing one on one, the cinema that we saw in the trailer can be activated... but if the battle is free for all, the special must be executed without the animations (link flying, kirby cooking, all in close ups).

The camera must be fixed like in a normal battle.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Well what do you think about final smashes that only target one player like links what do you think their damage will be like?
mmmmm i think around 40% maybe? well for a final it seems rather weak...........

for the fianls to be worth, i think around 50% or more could be the damage

If sakuarais said that some of them were like personalized hammers.... and if we take into account that each hamer hit did around 25%... then do your math.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I don't want the time to freeze in any battle!
Maybe if you could turn the animation on and off.

VA

Smash Hero
That depends on how easy it is to hit with his move. I'd say that if it's like an auto hit move where you don't need to tap A fast to rack up hits or anything then it should do about 30-40%. I don't like the idea of instant kills in any way, I prefer balance and skill.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
I could see Jigglypuff's final move be her singing with the microphone and putting everyone to sleep, which could be pretty useful if shes edgeguarding.
I hope that is Jigglypuff's Final.

I want her to do a full, over-the-top concert. Complete with an orchestra of Shyguys, Koopa Troopas, and other minor characters from other games playing instruments. With cool laser and smoke effects.

I hope they do it crazy enough that whenever you pull off that move, you'll drive the people you're playing against insane! Hehe.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
well it look like some finish smash will not affect the entire stage like mario

link/kirby finisher only attack one person

this may not be the case, after all. in the game that the "cook" move that kirby's Final Smash is from, kirby would take all of the badguys in the screen and stick them all in a pot together, thus clearing the screen of enemies. He may still do this with his cook power in SSBB. It's just hard to tell since the footage isn't actually gameplay. As for Link's Final Smash, i don't have any clue what to think since it appears his Final Smash was made up for Brawl.

also, I would hypothesize that time will not freeze during a Final Smash move's exectution. it seems more likely to me that while the trailer represents Mario, Link, and Kirby's Final Smash moves as cinematic clips, the real in-game execution will most likely leave the camera stationary and allow the fighting to continue.

Top Bottom