• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta "The Final Content" [1.1.4] Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJlive

Smash Apprentice
For those wondering what was patched for Yoshi, I'm a Yoshi main that may just have the answer... A weight buff.

Method: Use Mario's uncharged up smash on Yoshi on the mid level platform of Battlefield with the Yoshi not DI-ing

Wii U 1.1.3 Killed at 114
3DS 1.1.4 Killed at 115

Now my only concern of Wii U and 3DS Battlefield have different parameters, if not, this is the parameter change.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
For those wondering what was patched for Yoshi, I'm a Yoshi main that may just have the answer... A weight buff.

Method: Use Mario's uncharged up smash on Yoshi on the mid level platform of Battlefield with the Yoshi not DI-ing

3DS 1.1.4 Killed at 115

Now my only concern of Wii U and 3DS Battlefield have different parameters, if not, this is the parameter change.
Get on the scales on the right of the pikmin stage and put yoshi on one and link or cpt falcon on the other. What happens?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The grounded version has four hitboxes, but two of them are just smaller versions of the other two and only grab aerial opponents (the larger main set is grounded enemies only).

The aerial version is just two hitboxes but they're also larger and aren't state-restricted.
Is there any change whatsoever on the KBG of flying slam itself? I'm probably placeboing here, but it just feels like it's killing earlier...

Furret24

Smash Master
Turns out the Pikmin Stage scale test is just flawed. Yoshi does not weigh more than Falcon. The dream is dead.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Is there any change whatsoever on the KBG of flying slam itself? I'm probably placeboing here, but it just feels like it's killing earlier...
Nope, the actual hit's unchanged.

DJlive

Smash Apprentice
Get on the scales on the right of the pikmin stage and put yoshi on one and link or cpt falcon on the other. What happens?
I try that but it seems dependent on who gets on there first. It showed inconsistency where Yoshi is heavier in one, then Falcon is heavier in the other.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I wonder if the Marth & Ike buffs were because the devs realized Cloud was making them obsolete.
Yeah, it doesn't matter if Ike and Marth were "different" from Cloud if Cloud generally did everything better than they did anyway.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but ZSS's uptilt got nerfed! The bottom half now has no active hitbox. check it out!
This is pretty big news if this is now anti-air only, but I've not heard anything about it so far...

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Turns out the Pikmin Stage scale test is just flawed. Yoshi does not weigh more than Falcon. The dream is dead.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
So Zelda got like....nothing notable?
What about Kirby? Is all he got a weight buff? Or is there possibly more undiscovered?

DJlive

Smash Apprentice
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
Any proposals to test? I tried the Wii U patched and kill at 114. Seems 3DS and Wii U do have different parameters, and it's not weight. Wondering what it is now.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Yeah, it doesn't matter if Ike and Marth were "different" from Cloud if Cloud generally did everything better than they did anyway.
Cloud didn't do everything better than Ike for sure, who is definitely more durable and has a far superior grab game. A better example would be Ike doing just about everything better than Ganondorf, which for some reason was made worse in this patch.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Where is the code for the new update? I saw San post some diff changes for Ike, and I'd love to see ROB's so I can try to decipher it.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

3DS 1.1.4 Killed at 115

Wii U and 3DS do not have ideantical blast zones IIRC.

Test on Dreamland.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I've posted all the dumps for characters whose ACMD files were changed. The only other changes left are param file changes, and this includes weights and such. Here are all the ACMD diffs in one place, let me know if i forgot one please.

Ike
Captain
Bowser
Bowser Jr
ZSS
Sheik's Vanish
Toon Link
Little Mac
Marth
Falco
I believe Zard is also one of those character seeing his usmash changed, as well as Kirby having some change with his copy abilities (probably just adding bayos and corrins neutral b though)

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
Just mentioning that Mac's missing his u-tilt changes.
  • U-tilt: Angle 85 -> 88, hitbox comes out frame 4 from 5, active hitbox duration 6 -> 7
I believe Zard is also one of those character seeing his usmash changed, as well as Kirby having some change with his copy abilities (probably just adding bayos and corrins neutral b though)
Zard did get quite alot of stuff changed on his Usmash, i just didn't go through them all and instead posted the diff in hopes someone else would lol. Kirby on the other hand only got changes to aesthetics, specifically for the new fighters. He also had kirby hats added to his Weapons folder.. Nothing to his base moveset.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I try that but it seems dependent on who gets on there first. It showed inconsistency where Yoshi is heavier in one, then Falcon is heavier in the other.
Yeah, you basically have to have the characters land simultaneously, & that's tricky to do. Plus you have that damn Peckish Aristocrab to ruin you when you can't do it in time.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Cloud didn't do everything better than Ike for sure, who is definitely more durable and has a far superior grab game. A better example would be Ike doing just about everything better than Ganondorf, which for some reason was made worse in this patch.
I don't think Cloud ever invalidated Ike's viability.
A lot of people saw Cloud as the best swordsman by far, though, and given that many high level players had at least a pocket Cloud, we saw way more of him than we did Marth or Ike put together at higher levels.

That said, I think Cloud is fine, TBH, but Marth and Ike needed a bit more "oomph" (as do many characters, but I'm betting Sakurai only wants to make so many changes at a time).

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Sammi Husky Sammi Husky Just a question, are projectiles under a seperate folder (articles iirc). I think that explains why many Lucario mains feel like they can cancel their aura sphere into usmash more easily (or maybe they just got better at it lol)

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Can anyone thoroughly test diddy kong and post what's up with him?
Diddy's currently filed under "Possible Parameter Changes (Action End Frames, Intangibility Durations, Mobility Changes, Base Stats, etc)" so something very well may have changed but his actual data dump is conspicuously absent.

Note that it may be something as trivial as a change to his final smash as well.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Sammi Husky Sammi Husky Just a question, are projectiles under a seperate folder (articles iirc). I think that explains why many Lucario mains feel like they can cancel their aura sphere into usmash more easily (or maybe they just got better at it lol)
They are, but Aura Sphere Charge's hitbox data hasn't changed, and nothing about its hitrate etc looks different. Certain any perceived changes are placebo.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Diddy's currently filed under "Possible Parameter Changes (Action End Frames, Intangibility Durations, Mobility Changes, Base Stats, etc)" so something very well may have changed but his actual data dump is conspicuously absent.

Note that it may be something as trivial as a change to his final smash as well.
So there's an 80-90% chance it's a -1 weight nerf like all the other top tiers.

Scootch

NNID
Little_Dragon34
Any proposals to test? I tried the Wii U patched and kill at 114. Seems 3DS and Wii U do have different parameters, and it's not weight. Wondering what it is now.
Nah, not really. I just want people to thoroughly test Yoshi and Diddy for any differences.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration

Well I hope whatever change that happened to him can be documented asap. I'm willing to pay $20 if somebody can get this info out and complete as soon as possible.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Well I hope whatever change that happened to him can be documented asap. I'm willing to pay $20 if somebody can get this info out and complete as soon as possible.
hahahaha

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Sorry, man. I'm sure you're anxious about this (as is anyone with a main who's not 100% figured out). Someone get this man his info already! :p (and you can PM him your paypal email and he can send the money, I'm sure)

Unfortunately, I'm not sure why but this patch seems to be taking an awful long time to unravel everything...

Hey, if he's going to a tournament with money on the line in the next few days, I'm sure he wants to know EVERYTHING there is to know about what's changed and what hasn't for the characters he uses (as would anyone).

The Sheik changes are already documented, and I'm kinda surprised we've not seen Diddy's datamine yet.

I would rate Diddy's likelihood of being nerfed on where he falls on the Japanese tier list. Sonic got the -1 weight unit nerf with the other characters on Japan's S-tier, and I'm pretty sure Japan doesn't consider Diddy to be S.

Last edited:

Scootch

NNID
Little_Dragon34
Ha ha! Are you serious, or was that a joke? :)

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Ha ha! Are you serious, or was that a joke? :)
Why would it be a joke?

If they changed the timing on something of Diddy's, it could cost him a tournament if he doesn't know about it. Depending upon the tournament, $20 could be nothing next to the money on the line.

(Or are you suggesting he increase the bounty? :p )

Last edited:

Kurogane Hammer

Smash Rookie
I will consider it.

Edit: Actually I probably won't. It's too hard to contact you.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Flynn, while you were testing Ike's range, were you able to compare his and Shulk's maximum horizontal and vertical fair ranges? In patches before they seemed to be the same horizontally (as far as I could tell) while Ike's was slightly longer vertically (SH fair barely hits people on battlefield's top platform for both, but Ibelieve Shulk's jump is higher). I'd like if you or anyone could compare them more accurately than I have.

On a similar note, I always found that Ike and Shulk' ftilts both had the similar if not the same maximum horizontal range
I did. Horizontally, Shulk's fair outranges ike's by a noticeable margin. Vertically, Ike demolishes Shulk's. I don't know about ftilt. I haven't tested, but I always thought Ike's had more range.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I did. Horizontally, Shulk's fair outranges ike's by a noticeable margin. Vertically, Ike demolishes Shulk's. I don't know about ftilt. I haven't tested, but I always thought Ike's had more range.
Ike's Ftilt straightforward reaches farther than Shulk's Ftilt. Because Shulk's FTilt can't be angled, I did horizontal range testing & it basically goes like this:

Farthest to shortest:
  1. Ike FTilt straight forward
  2. Shulk's FTilt
  3. Ike FTilt angled down
  4. Ike FTilt angled up
EDIT: ^^^ That was with using a crate on a custom stage. When using Luigi's Mansion's pillars, Ike's FTilt angled down & up are the same range. Perhaps the crate has a big bottom hurtbox? That's uhh. .huh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom