• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta "The Final Content" [1.1.4] Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
It fixed a few things but his lack of oos and a weak disadvantage will never get fixed. You're right on that end. Ike's likely jusy under high tier or low-high now. Aka where he was before the patch.
That being said, his neutral has improved a bit and his Nair is super devastating to fastfallers which is strong meta-game wise, so that may do stuff for him!

Regardless, Ike buffs to this degree is something I can agree with you here on, insofar as the fact that it was unexpected. Haha, good ol' Japan...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm really struggling to confirm this finding through gameplay. Flying Slam from the ground reaches just a few pixels shorter than jab 1 does in both pre and post patch. And the hitbox wasn't increased in the direction toward Bowser's body, because he can still whiff at point blank when moving into a human opponent. Are you sure the data is being interpreted correctly? Perhaps you confused the grabbox with the hitbox generated when you've grabbed somebody and are falling back down to the ground?
It's under SpecialSCatch and the boxes are definitely grabboxes, it's hard to mistake.

Distance Bowser grabs WFT with sideB, before and after:

Looking at the data, yeah it probably didn't fix the pointblank whiffing.

Last edited:

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
D-Smash: All hitboxes Knockback growth 76 -> 78

U-Smash has a lot going on...

Starting frame 7 he has bone intangibility on 2 bones, until frame 13. From there those bones are turned back to normal and 2 different bones are made intangible until either frame 21 or the end of the animation.
  • Hitbox 1: Knockback growth 25 -> 19, base knockback 60 -> 70
  • Hitbox 2: Same as above.
  • Hitbox 3: Delayed hitbox coming out for 1 frames
  • Hitbox 4: Comes out 1 frames later due to above. Knockback growth 98 -> 104, base knockback 30 -> 31
  • Hitbox 5: Same as above
  • Hitbox 6: same as above
There are also positioning changes to usmash as well

They aren't switched. The initial hitboxes just have high base knockback and low KBG to pop grounded foes up into the later hitbox.

edit: ninja'd lmao
Went and tried to test where the intangibility was and it seems to be his legs. I threw a bomb-omb into the air above him and Up Smashed it and wasn't hit by the explosion.

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if the Marth & Ike buffs were because the devs realized Cloud was making them obsolete.

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
I figured it was on his legs. That's a pretty important change imo. Off to the official patch notes it is?

I'm really struggling to confirm this finding through gameplay. Flying Slam from the ground reaches just a few pixels shorter than jab 1 does in both pre and post patch. And the hitbox wasn't increased in the direction toward Bowser's body, because he can still whiff at point blank when moving into a human opponent. Are you sure the data is being interpreted correctly? Perhaps you confused the grabbox with the hitbox generated when you've grabbed somebody and are falling back down to the ground?
The values are from my script dump for bowz. The event names from my tool use the same event names and parameters as Dants on MasterCore, save for a few things since he hasn't updated his repo in a little while

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
An approved poster should present the new Bowser Jr. changes to the patch notes thread.

A definitive list of Little Mac changes (there has been some misinformation) should also be posted there.

Also, some of Ike's new changes have still not been posted there.

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
I feel like my posts with the actual dumps are getting somewhat lost. Anything i haven't been 100% certain of, i didn't mention. Mac's changes were quite a few pages back but i am certain of them.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
All tether grabs seem to have got the lucas treat.
Also, villager's upb has less fuel for sure
So... All tether grabs have lower end lag? I'm real skeptical about that... ZSS might come out net positive if that's the case, heh.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I wonder if the Marth & Ike buffs were because the devs realized Cloud was making them obsolete.
This is really off-topic, but Cloud, Ike, and Marth, even in 1.1.3, were all unique and viable. Cloud has Finishing touch, but no other swordfighter can match Ike in combo ability besides perhaps Corrin.

But this discussion is super irrelevant. If you want to discuss it, meet me in the competitive impressions thread.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
To make things easier and as an update, as of this post, the changes to Falco are:

NOTE: Positions are in (X, Y, Z) coordinates.
Code:
Falco
-----
Up Smash
first hit
     startup 8 -> 7
     partial leg? / feet? invincibility frames 7-11; 6 active I-frames (invincibility frames)
     hitboxes 0
          base knockback 60 -> 70
          knockback growth 25 -> 18
          position (1.5, 0, 0) -> (2, 0, 0)
     hitboxes 1
          base knockback 60 -> 70
          knockback growth 25 -> 18
     hitbox 2
          base knockback 80 -> 70
          knockback growth 30 -> 18
          position (5, 0, 0) -> (7.7, 0, 0)
     hitbox 2 (other)
          position (5, 0, 0) -> (7, 0, 0)
second hit
     startup 13 -> 12
     hitbox 0
          base knockback 30 -> 31
          knockback growth 98 -> 104
          position (5, 0, 0) -> (7, 0, 0)
     hitbox 1
          base knockback 30 -> 31
          position (1.5, 0, 0) -> (2, 0, 0)
     hitbox 2
          base knockback 30 -> 31
Down Smash
     all hitboxes
          knockback growth 76 -> 78
Down Throw
     ability to stage spike Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Samus, and others at the ledge removed
          existed since Melee, but is potentially a bug and other characters with this such as Sheik's D-throw may also be affected
This means 1 thing: there is a 99% chance there are no other changes to Falco that raw data dump hasn't shown. This leaves total frames, landing frames, and maybe something stupid like that 1 random pixel on Falco's jumpsuit is a slightly darker shade of red just because. Even then, those were debunked a while ago. All, but Falco's D-throw change, comes from this, by the way.
Falco's got some really good changes too.
The only thing that's left is figuring out where exactly Falco's I-frames are for his Up Smash and I think that's being done right as I type this.

Last edited:

Jandlebars

Still fallin'!
So... All tether grabs have lower end lag? I'm real skeptical about that... ZSS might come out net positive if that's the case, heh.
Certainly haven't noticed it with (Varia Suit) Samus, I'm pretty sure I get punished just as hard for a whiff as usual.

Since I don't have separate versions, though, I can't test it myself.

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
so i was looking at zero suit in training and noticed up air and up special definitely have some sort of nerf to them

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Okay so a lot of things haven't been added to the official thread for the following characters:

Lucina
Bowser Jr.
Falco
Little Mac(?)

probably more.

Just wanted to point that out, not complaining, but some people are confused about why certain notes aren't on there. It just needs to be updated.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I could be wrong, but if Charizard's Usmash is fully dissected, then I believe that all the known changes will have been accounted for. We should complete that.

Rosalina & Luma should be checked. Maybe Sonic, too. The other two top-tiers had changes that were not immediately obvious; these two may have been changed as well.

Last edited:

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
so i was looking at zero suit in training and noticed up air and up special definitely have some sort of nerf to them
Just her up special.

Uh oh, ZSS got a nerf to her up-b's final hitbox.
Angle 50 -> 48, Knockback growth(??) 220 -> 209
I could be wrong, but if Charizard's Usmash is fully dissected, then I believe that all the known changes will have been accounted for. We should complete that.

Rosalina & Luma should be checked. Maybe Sonic, too. The other two top-tiers had changes that were not immediately obvious; these two may have been changed as well.
I did dump Zards stuff a bit back. His usmash was the only thing that changed, but there were too many for me to go through at the moment

Zard's only change is on U-smash. Though a fair bit of it changed. Confirms the zard changes people were mentioning before about his usmash

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Just her up special.

I did dump Zards stuff a bit back. His usmash was the only thing that changed, but there were too many for me to go through at the moment
So from what I understand his up smash has a better hitbox and the KBG on hit 2 was buffed from 105 to 107

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Lucina did get the same frame data changes as Marth this patch aside from Dancing Blade, right? Seems like the notes aren't updated with them and I don't want them to be forgotten.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Na, I have a feeling they balanced them because Sakurai likely had those character fight Corrin to see how well he'd work and balance in with the rest of the FE cast.
I remember how Roy triggered a pretty large buff patch for Marth way back when. If they wanted to fix the Cloud situation btw, they'd also nerf Cloud. We didn't see that. Not even Uair damage changed.

SM Mystic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MagicMissile6969
3DS FC
3093-7612-8482
I remember how Roy triggered a pretty large buff patch for Marth way back when. If they wanted to fix the Cloud situation btw, they'd also nerf Cloud. We didn't see that. Not even Uair damage changed.
Do you know anything about ROB's changes?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Lucina did get the same frame data changes as Marth this patch aside from Dancing Blade, right? Seems like the notes aren't updated with them and I don't want them to be forgotten.
All Marth changes apply to Lucina except the damage percents. Lucina has unique damage percents. Lucina got ALL the frame data and hitbox changes that Marth did.

The main patch notes thread OP will be updated Soon™ but right now it's missing a ton of stuff.

Last edited:

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
Can anyone look into Yoshi if possible?

Seniks

Smash Rookie
NNID
Seniks
it was confirmed there's still a stage slot for 1 more stage. even tho they said this is the end, they clearly added a slot for 1 more stage, so I'm getting mixes signals here, Sakurai.
Is there a thread that confirms this stage slot?

Yikarur

Smash Master
Maybe a 3DS Stage? that would not contradict the content listing at the end of the direct.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
So I don't know if those are confirmed change, but according to Kurogane Pac-Man power pellet in 1.1.3 dash does 1 % and the sweetspot does 10 % in 1.1.4 pac man dash does 4 % and the sweetspot does 12 %

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Does anyone have the current data for Charizard's USmash? I heard its hitboxes were adjusted once again and I'm curious as to the specifics about it.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
So I don't know if those are confirmed change, but according to Kurogane Pac-Man power pellet in 1.1.3 dash does 1 % and the sweetspot does 10 % in 1.1.4 pac man dash does 4 % and the sweetspot does 12 %
Power pellet is unchanged in its damage. There's a 10% "sweetspot" hit on what appears to be just the first active frame of dash, regardless of charge, then 4% until you catch the pellet. And charge dictates the damage of the second hit after you've collected the pellet. Starting at 6% and increasing to 12. The move can deal as little as 10% with both hits, or as much as 22.

AnEventHorizon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aneventhorizon

This registered as a hit. The glancing blow also shows how far the hitbox extends past the sword beam now.

The range on this move is huge!
Flynn, while you were testing Ike's range, were you able to compare his and Shulk's maximum horizontal and vertical fair ranges? In patches before they seemed to be the same horizontally (as far as I could tell) while Ike's was slightly longer vertically (SH fair barely hits people on battlefield's top platform for both, but Ibelieve Shulk's jump is higher). I'd like if you or anyone could compare them more accurately than I have.

On a similar note, I always found that Ike and Shulk' ftilts both had the similar if not the same maximum horizontal range

Last edited:

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
have any robin changes been found or is he unchanged without a doubt

Nick Gordon

Smash Rookie
Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but ZSS's uptilt got nerfed! The bottom half now has no active hitbox. check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom