• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta "The Final Content" [1.1.4] Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
That's kbg 104 -> 102, but what is the 14 -> 13 change? Hitbox size seems to be the current theory, but it's best to be sure.

It's also interesting to note that, upon a closer examination of Sheik's Master Core file, all of the hitboxes for Gale and Abyss seem to be in the main (unchanged) Sheik file whereas this file only contains data for default Vanish.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
It's hitbox size. It's already in the patch notes thread LOL. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
No one noticed that before (or at least came forward), that's surprising. And how much later will it kill?
Considering the last hit does 4%, probably much later, but since she still has her ladder of doom, probably irrelevant since she cares more about setting it up rather than its raw kill power.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Ike's uair isn't changed; it has 0x5E kbg in both the last patch and this one.
Previous patches, back when it got the KBG/BKB change.

Also for Up-B

It's more easily DIable, and kills later.

Double whammy.

Last edited:

Sammi Husky

Smash Apprentice
Toonlink~ Beware, it looks like much more than it is. They inserted some new scripts and because of that all the indexes below it get changed.

The changes i can see are that both standard up-special and custom 3's startup animations are now running a frame speed multiplier of .6. That and both hits of fsmash got changed quite a lot

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
ZSS nerf: not going to matter as much as you think because this does nothing about the real issue which is Boost Kick with rage (they fly out before the final hit and die off the top at super early %s like how Nairo took Zero's last stock at MLG)

Ike range increase: I am confused on the X and Y-axis. Ike got his hitbox moved along the Y-axis while Marth got his hitbox moved along the X-axis. So why did it increase horizontal range for both characters the same way? Or should Marth's be Y and X was a mistake?

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Soo any change to falcon?? Shinyquagsire notes some alterations for him but his damage on his moves seem the same. Were they cosmetic?
The only change to Falcon is some final smash thing as far as we can tell. There are no other changes in his script at least (parameters aren't being checked right now).

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
ZSS nerf: not going to matter as much as you think because this does nothing about the real issue which is Boost Kick with rage (they fly out before the final hit and die off the top at super early %s like how Nairo took Zero's last stock at MLG)

Ike range increase: I am confused on the X and Y-axis. Ike got his hitbox moved along the Y-axis while Marth got his hitbox moved along the X-axis. So why did it increase horizontal range for both characters the same way? Or should Marth's be Y and X was a mistake?
Y means Ragnell, in this situation. Aka it hits longer in general. F-Air hits longer than the sword trail now, basically.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Y means Ragnell, in this situation. Aka it hits longer in general. F-Air hits longer than the sword trail now, basically.
But why does Y mean Ragnell and X means Falchion? They got the same change. The axis has to be the same. They are both the swords.

Sammi Husky Sammi Husky Are Marth's tipper changes X or Y?

petove

Smash Rookie
All tether grabs seem to have got the lucas treat.
Also, villager's upb has less fuel for sure

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
But why does Y mean Ragnell and X means Falchion? They got the same change. The axis has to be the same. They are both the swords.

Sammi Husky Sammi Husky Are Marth's tipper changes X or Y?
Don't ask me man. I don't even look up the code.

But Ike's F-Air arc is longer, meaning the hitbox starts higher, and ends lower. This makes the blindspot Ike had with SH AC F-Air basically gone, making it a viable neutral option.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
ike's hitboxes are actually attached to his sword, marth's are not.
Most of Marth's are attached to his sword, just like Ike.

Don't ask me man. I don't even look up the code.

But Ike's F-Air arc is longer, meaning the hitbox starts higher, and ends lower. This makes the blindspot Ike had with SH AC F-Air basically gone, making it a viable neutral option.
You replied to my initial question. I knew what Ike's change was, don't know why you replied lol.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Yeah mb.

I'm still in shock that Ike got anything close to this much this patch.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Yeah mb.

I'm still in shock that Ike got anything close to this much this patch.
With an even stronger kill confirm combined with 1.5 more units to work with and this new angle on Nair... I think Ike's a bigger winner than Marth in this patch. Congrats. Marth didn't receive any kill confirm.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
With an even stronger kill confirm combined with 1.5 more units to work with and this new angle on Nair... I think Ike's a bigger winner than Marth in this patch. Congrats. Marth didn't receive any kill confirm.
New angle on N-Air, the extra damage sets up D-Tilt on fast fallers at 0, leading to free 30 percent conversions. F-Air is basically godlike, and will hit even better + kill earlier.

F-Air SH AC has neutral use against characters that aren't super short like Olimar, as it'll actually hit them.

I dunno whether to thank Japan, or try to figure out if they need brain surgery for thinking Ike was a low tier.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
When the hitboxes are tied to a bone, XYZ coordinates correspond to that bone's natural facing. So the way the game's seeing it, the sword blades are oriented like so:

This is also why we've had attacks get horizontal/vertical range increases in previous patches despite only the Z axis changing on a given hitbox.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
When the hitboxes are tied to a bone, XYZ coordinates correspond to that bone's natural facing. So the way the game's seeing it, the sword blades are oriented like so:

This is also why we've had attacks get horizontal/vertical range increases in previous patches despite only the Z axis changing on a given hitbox.
You're a lifesaver.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Very early someone stated Yoshi had changes to some file. Was that a lie? :(
It's to one of his parameters, seems like nobody knows how to check them though :/

I probably could if I were at home, but I'm not.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Thanks, sounds a lot like Brawl.

Going through Bowser...

Side-B 1 has a larger grabbox and is horizontally a little further out from Bowser's body. A similar change was made for the aerial version, and there are no changes to either custom.

Uthrow kbg 0x9B -> 0xB4. Do remember that since kbg is multiplied by damage in formulas and that Bowser's final hit of uthrow only does 2% damage that this change isn't as big as it seems.

Dash attack damage 10% (early) / 8% (late) -> 12% (early) / 10% (late).

It looks like that's it for script changes to Bowser.
Can you elaborate further on the Side+B changes?

It appears that it might have been a correction to the close up blind spot Bowser has with his side+B where it whiffed point blank. Is there any way to know for sure how much it expanded and where?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Can you elaborate further on the Side+B changes?

It appears that it might have been a correction to the close up blind spot Bowser has with his side+B where it whiffed point blank. Is there any way to know for sure how much it expanded and where?
The size of all four hitboxes were each increased one unit, and the furthest hitbox was moved away another half unit.

So basically "everywhere, but slightly more forward than other directions"

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
New angle on N-Air, the extra damage sets up D-Tilt on fast fallers at 0, leading to free 30 percent conversions. F-Air is basically godlike, and will hit even better + kill earlier.

F-Air SH AC has neutral use against characters that aren't super short like Olimar, as it'll actually hit them.

I dunno whether to thank Japan, or try to figure out if they need brain surgery for thinking Ike was a low tier.
While I don't think it'll make him suddenly jump up further than he is....

It is a pretty incredible set of changes and makes him better. It's....kind of weird that they keep doing this with him though....

Last edited:

DatGameh

Smash Rookie
Here are some Little Mac Patches.
Some of these are already listed, but I'll write them anyways. I'll label them blue.
For those I am not sure of, I will label them red.
NOTE: I might have missed some things. Please tell me if I did.

Smash attacks:
  • F-Smashes:
    • Normal Sour/Sweetspot Damage: 17/19 -> 18/20
    • Up-angled Damage: 19 -> 20 (Note: I've played Mac for a long time, and I have never seen Little Mac have a late hitbox for this move.)
    • Down-angled Damage: 22 -> 24 (Fully charged: 30 -> 33)
  • D-Smash
    • Damage: 12 -> 13
  • Up-Smash
    • Using Up-Smash now makes Mac move back a little after doing it.
    • Damage Sour/Sweetspot Damage: 15/20 -> 16/21
    • Slightly Lower Knockback (I am not sure if it was in this or the patches before)(Now kills Mario at 54% instead of 50%).
Normal attacks:
  • Jab:
    • No Changes
  • F-Tilt:
    • No Changes
  • D-Tilt
    • Reduced Knockback Growth (Now can reliably KO Punch in higher percents)
  • U-Tilt
    • Damage: 8 -> 9 (Not sure if this was done in this patch or in older ones)
Special Attacks
  • Neutral B's:
    • Straight Lunge Damage Reduction Over Distance (Not fully charged): 14-12 -> 14-12-9 (Not sure if this was done in this patch or in older ones)
    • KO Punch Damage: 37 -> 35
  • Side B:
    • No Changes
  • Up B:
    • No Changes
--------------------------------------------------

Biggest Changes:

All Smash Attack Damage are increased to make Mac more balanced.
Down tilt now has lesser knockback, allowing players to KO Punch more easily than before.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The size of all four hitboxes were each increased one unit, and the furthest hitbox was moved away another half unit.

Oh wow, I didn't even KNOW it had multiple hitboxes...

Are there two in the air and two on the ground, or do both aerial and grounded states have four?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh wow, I didn't even KNOW it had multiple hitboxes...

Are there two in the air and two on the ground, or do both aerial and grounded states have four?
The grounded version has four hitboxes, but two of them are just smaller versions of the other two and only grab aerial opponents (the larger main set is grounded enemies only).

The aerial version is just two hitboxes but they're also larger and aren't state-restricted.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
  • Up-Smash
    • Using Up-Smash now makes Mac move back a little after doing it.
  • U-Tilt
    • Damage: 8 -> 9 (Not sure if this was done in this patch or in older ones)
Special Attacks
  • Neutral B's:
    • Straight Lunge Damage Reduction Over Distance (Not fully charged): 14-12 -> 14-12-9 (Not sure if this was done in this patch or in older ones)
    • KO Punch Damage: 37 -> 35
I can confirm that all of this was already in 1.13.

AxelVDP

Smash Apprentice
Here are some Little Mac Patches.
-snip-
usmash always moved you slightly backwards when using it, it's nothing new
same deal with utilt, it always dealt 9%, in this patch however they added a hitbox at frame 4 (the move used to start at frame 5) and can be used to hit even crouching opponents (the move would whiff on some low-profile character pre-patch)
grounded KO punch always did 35% too

I don't want to sound like a **** but it seems to me that your info is not really reliable... and the stuff that you did get right has already been posted in this thread before

edit: ninja'd

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord

I'm really struggling to confirm this finding through gameplay. Flying Slam from the ground reaches just a few pixels shorter than jab 1 does in both pre and post patch. And the hitbox wasn't increased in the direction toward Bowser's body, because he can still whiff at point blank when moving into a human opponent. Are you sure the data is being interpreted correctly? Perhaps you confused the grabbox with the hitbox generated when you've grabbed somebody and are falling back down to the ground?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
While I don't think it'll make him suddenly jump up further than he is....

It is a pretty incredible set of changes and makes him better. It's....kind of weird that they keep doing this with him though....
Kill conversions start earlier and kill earlier and are easier to hit. Fair change alone is major. Nair makes his early percent reward better and gives him another aerial to use off throws or to set up up air/f air finishes.

It's Japan. Blame Japan.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Kill conversions start earlier and kill earlier and are easier to hit. Fair change alone is major. Nair makes his early percent reward better and gives him another aerial to use off throws or to set up up air/f air finishes.

It's Japan. Blame Japan.
I mean all of this is amazing yes but it strikes me as largely quality of life more than anything which is really all Ike can ask for (it's what I would consider MORE than he could ask for but hey! Japan!)

It's not necessarily that the changes aren't big but I don't think they're gonna skyrocket him anywhere. He was good, this just makes him a little bit better methinks.

It's nice that you can actually use SH AC Fair in neutral now though. I like that quite a bit!

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
It fixed a few things but his lack of oos and a weak disadvantage will never get fixed. You're right on that end. Ike's likely jusy under high tier or low-high now. Aka where he was before the patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom