• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Falcon Social

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I traded wiis with my gf, so now I can play brawl again. (My wii couldnt read double layer discs anymore)

I need to re-unlock all chars etc., but I unlocked captain falcon immediately, so I'm kinda back

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Knee is back. This is awesome!

Hope to see good s*** from you as soon as you can record it, man.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Glad to see you back knee

And hey guys, have I told you how awesome AC Bair is ?
Just in case I'll say it again : it's awesomely awesome.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Awesome stuff NeoBatou. Keep repping Falcon :)
Thanks bro, it's hard since I have to deal with MK on a daily basis. DFW is known for Dphat, D4BA, Infinity, Denti, Fogo, etc...so it's refreshing to get a low tier in the mix who can perform just as good as them.

I"m really trying hard to be the best low tier in DFW and I"m pretty much the only solid one...the last time I've had a low tier was a link main but he uses MK/Toon Link and he camps like a little b**ch lol

Granted I do use Snake on occasion but for really BAD matchups due to stage picking...like going against a good MK player who CP's Rainbow cruise or something along those lines.

Speaking of CP'ing, I need some advice. Can I get a list of what counter stages you would pick for certain characters? I need advice on MK, Zero Suit Samus, Sonic (Espy lol), Wario and especially Marth/Ice Climbers?

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
I know you will be able to be the best low tier main in Dallas/Houston.
My favorite counterpick are Brinstar, Norfair(when legal), Frigate, and Castle Siege. But they are not the best against some characters.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MK
For MK, I prefer fighting him in neutral stages, like Final D or Smashville for the first match. My cp for him are FD, Yoshi Island, and/or Pokemon Stadium.

FD- lets Falcon have more ground mobility than mk and he can abuse grab releases; however, it will allow metaknight to punish landing easier.

Yoshi- Will cut his aerial mobility by a lot and it gives Falcon more ground mobility; however, it will also cut or aerial mobility.

Pokemon Stadium- is like FD, however some of the transformation allow Falcon to infinite MK or at least does a lot damage with F-throw, Jabs, and F-tilt into a wall. The part of the stage that will hurt falcon a lot is when the windmill shows up. Stay away from the windmill when facing characters with disjoint.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZERO SUIT SAMUS
Her style is similar to Falcon. So I will prefer fighting her in Smashville or Yoshi for the First match. My cp are Yoshi, Frigate, Battlefield.

Yoshi- It cuts her aerial mobility and we have more ground mobility in this stage than her. But we will also lose aerial mobility.

Frigate- Will reduce her recovery potential in one of the transformation. But it will also force us to recover into stage. 2nd transformation cuts down aerial mobility, but the slope will help zss samus more.

Battlefield- Gives ZSS a lot of platform pressure, but we can also give that pressure. If she or we fall out of the platform is a free d-smash or jab/ tilt lock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SONIC
I don't have sonic experience :( my only advice is avoid picto or yoshi against sonic. I will try Brinstar against him, but I don't have experience in the matchup.

WARIO
My favorite matchup :) I like playing him in the first stage in FD, Smashville, Yoshi. My CP are FD, Picto(if legal), Smashville.

(Grab release- Knee, Spike, UpB, D-smash, F-smash(tilted), Up-smash(but can be sdi) Uptilt, Upair, F-tilt, grab)

FD- We have stage control, grab release for the kill, and grab releases for building damage. Our up air will beat most of his aerial if space, Jab can be use as an anti air some situations. Our speed allows us to take advantage.

Picto- same than FD, but transformation may hinder grab releases and help wario; however, it can also help Falcon allowing him to use wall techniques. It also helps you not to get fart when recovering.

Smashville- Like FD but the platform may hinder killing grab releases, but we can still grab release to up b with the platform.

Yoshi- Limits his aerial mobility but it reduces our grab release; however, we can do grab release to up b. If we grab him in the corner or when the platform is going up we can do our killing grab releases.

MARTH
This another matchup that I like playing. First stage to will be FD, Smashville. My cps are FD, Brinstar, Smashville.

FD- Makes Marth upb easier to punish. If you bait the up b is a 50% kill with Falcon Punch. So stop the Marth player from using upb to break jab combos. FD also limits his aerial pressure and a big stage give us mobility to fight him. With the space we can bait easier. Side b can be sdi into a grab or jab.

Smashville- Is the most neutral stage for this matchup. Both character benefit from it. But the platform helps him more.

Brinstar- This stage can be a good counterpick or a horrible one. In theory this stage helps marth a lot, but If you know the stage you can see that Falcon gains more benefit from this stage than marth. Platform help marth in his pressure but the lava and the shape of the stage stops most of the pressure.
However, if the marth player knows this stage, it will be a hard battle. We have good gimmicks in this stage. ( I might be biased toward this stage)

ICE CLIMBERS
I don't have that much experience. But what I can tell you from my matches against some Ice Climbers is that stages with platform will help our mobility and that they hate stages like brinstar, RC, Norfair.

This is one of the matchup I will hate playing it in Yoshis. lol It cuts or aerial mobility and the platforms get us up air by the Ice climbers. FD is a no no. Try to take this fight into the ledge and always stay moving. Our speed allows not to get grab; however, most of our moves are not safe on shield. If we can get a side b punish we can get them in the air and kill nana. If you grab them f-throw them.

Cps Smashville, Brinstar, RC. Battlefield can be good, but the Iceclimber upair does so much damage and gives a lot of pressure.

SORRY FOR THE WALL OF TEXT, I wish I could use HTML tags so I can format the text better.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Good job, mLorenzo. Nice to see you're contributing nicely to the boards.

However... I'd like to correct you on the ZSS information.

Do NOT take ZSS to Battlefield under any circumstances whatsoever. While it's a nice stage for Falcon, most ZSSes consider that her bad match-up leveling stage. Reason being, she has more platform pressure and options than we do. If Falcon is caught on a platform, she can either run under it and upsmash to shield pressure (maybe even knock him off the platform and into a downsmash / dtilt, and you definitely don't want that to happen). ZSS has some pretty nasty pressure on Falcon once he gets hit. She has legit combos involving grabs and downsmash that can take Falcon from 0-50%, and it often finishes with some hard knockback move that makes it difficult for Falcon to safely get back onto the stage.

The best counterpick against her would be Lylat, if anything. There's a bit of personal biasness in me saying that, but the stage positioning can result in her losing her armor pieces at the start. That gives Falcon a HUGE benefit. She's not bad on the stage overall, but you'll have a much easier time limiting her options there.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Good job, mLorenzo. Nice to see you're contributing nicely to the boards.

However... I'd like to correct you on the ZSS information.

Do NOT take ZSS to Battlefield under any circumstances whatsoever. While it's a nice stage for Falcon, most ZSSes consider that her bad match-up leveling stage. Reason being, she has more platform pressure and options than we do. If Falcon is caught on a platform, she can either run under it and upsmash to shield pressure (maybe even knock him off the platform and into a downsmash / dtilt, and you definitely don't want that to happen. ZSS has some pretty nasty pressure on Falcon once he gets hit. She has legit combos involving grabs and downsmash that can take Falcon from 0-50%, and it often finishes with some hard knockback move that makes it difficult for Falcon to safely get back onto the stage.

The best counterpick against her would be Lylat, if anything. There's a bit of personal biasness in me saying that, but the stage positioning can result in her losing her armor pieces at the start. That gives Falcon a HUGE benefit. She's not bad on the stage overall, but you'll have a much easier time limiting her options there.

I was actually going to say a similar response.
Sometimes the pieces of armor just roll off the platform making my approach against ZSS easier.
Haha all the Ike players just LOVE to ban Lylat when they get the chance lol...

As far as the best Low tier main, I got to deal with Poltergust :(
He's probably one of the only real threats....

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Poltergust is a Yoshi ? Abuse your vertical spacing tools like SHDair and it'll be ok.

And how is YI cutting our mobility ?

I hated this stage for a long time before realizing how good that platform is for Falcon. Both offensively and defensively.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
@Darky. Thanks ^_^ Yeah I just don't like Lylat that much. I usually strke this stage. I have a lot trouble approaching when I have to in Lylat. I didn't know it was a bad stage for ZSS. That means that I will have to practice this stage. :)

YI- only cuts our aerial mobility by a bit, and we gain ground mobility (slopes, plus platform cancel). The platform in the center reduces aerial mobility, but we gain platform pressure. It limits us to do our footstool shenanigans, and aerial fake outs. Yoshis is really good for Falcon except for some matchups. (DK, Sonic, IC)

Poltergust is a really good Yoshi main. I didn't get to play him, but I have seen some of his matches. He was able to beat some of our PR members. I have been close in beating PR members, but I haven't succeeded. I need more training.

Lionman

Smash Champion
This is the Social thread, this is a place where i post Kamen Rider or Pony Stuff, go to the Matchup thread u morons11!!11!

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Indeed.

And yes, Yoshi's Island is my favourite stage (for srsz bzns) in the whole game. There's also that little cute thing about Falcon F-kicking while on a fully raised Support Ghost: he keeps going and will probably surprise anyone who doesn't know that. Free damage!

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Poltergust is one of those few Low Tier mains in Texas that can beat the big time players...he even almost beat Dojo and Razer in singles plenty of times.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
goddamn guys, today landed a quadruple uAir

im still hella wet

Top Bottom