• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Dream Thread

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Link to original post: [drupal=5487]The Dream Thread[/drupal]

Share your dreams in this thread.

For the last month or so, I've been dreaming about the Greek girl I was hanging out with last year. Oddly, these dreams always occur on Tuesday nights/Wednesday mornings. I don't dream about her every week, but at least every other week. Two weeks ago, I dreamed that we were back in our old high school. We were in the band room, and there was a safe where all the extra musical instruments were kept. We found a secret passage in the safe that led to a cave beneath the school. I don't remember what happened after that, but I assume there were adventures of Goonies-type awesomeness.

This morning, I dreamed we were in our old middle school. We started making out and were about to have sex, but we couldn't find an empty classroom. After searching for a few minutes, we found one, and I got her half-undressed before she said that she didn't want to do it then, but instead wait until Friday (apparently it was Wednesday in my dream as well).

Suddenly, we were in my apartment, and she got dressed and went downstairs to wait for me. I got dressed too, and when I went downstairs I couldn't find her. Someone across the street told me that she'd gone into the bodega next door, so I waited for her. When she came out, a firetruck sped by, sirens wailing and lights flashing. She said, "I can't stand all this commotion." I was surprised, and said, "You, who took me to NYC twice, can't stand the commotion of the city?" We started walking down the street, and at this point I started losing my vision. It was as if my eyes would seal themselves shut for a few seconds, and I couldn't see at all. Then they would open and I'd be fine. This happened a few times, and I almost walked into a woman pushing a baby carriage because I couldn't see her.

While we walked, we talked about her relationship with her soon-to-be husband (or actual husband, I'm not entirely sure). She told me that a date had been set for their big official wedding in Greece, June 24th. She also said that she really did want to sleep with me, and that she didn't see it as a problem because she technically wasn't married yet, she just wanted to wait until Friday instead. I told her that I really wanted to sleep with her too, but that it wasn't about just the sex, that I thought her whole marriage was wrong and that she should do what was in her own heart.

Then I woke up. It was a surprisingly vivid dream, and I really enjoyed it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
That's a rather interesting dream, Jam.

I can't remember a recent dream i've had (which is odd of me) but i'll share one that I remember from a long, long time ago:

I must have been around 7 or 8. One night I had a dream where I was walking through my school. It seemed a nice day until I noticed smoke in the air. I rounded a corner and a fire was blazing through one of the passage-ways. Somewhere in that fire was a girl I knew from school, she wasn't exactly a friend of mine or anything but I remember seeing her eyes at that moment and feeling the worst guilt, even if there was nothing I could do to prevent it.

I don't remember much after that until the point where i'm flying over the school (for whatever reason), looking down and instead of the school is a lake with beautiful rock formations rising out of the water... then i'd wake up.

The interesting thing is, i've had that dream more than once. Never since that age though.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I rarely remember my dreams, and they're usually completely nonsensical when I do. That said, I have had some thematically connected dreams over the years which make some degree of sense.

A while ago, I had a series of dreams in which I was trapped somewhere with rising water. In one of these, I was in a cruise ship with some friends when it crashed into something and started to sink. I became somewhat lucid during one part when everything I saw vanished and a huge polyhedron which represented some type of puzzle appeared, but I couldn't focus on it and it went away. I later found myself trapped in a small room, and, while running out of air to breathe, everything went blank, the polyhedron appeared again, I became somewhat lucid again, and I managed to force myself to wake up. In another dream, I was a teacher in a city which resembled Venice. For reasons I can't recall, the land started flooding to an unheard of extent. I climbed to a village on a nearby mountain, but even the peak wasn't high enough and the water eventually engulfed everything, at which point the dream ended. These dreams were unpleasant, but conveniently, the period when I was having them was short.

Probably the most memorable series of dreams I recall having occurred around six years. Over the course of about five days, I had a series of dreams in which a small group of adventurers (one of which I frequently identified as) traveled around a fantasy world. After journeying through many strange and beautiful places, we eventually entered a huge desert, seemingly devoid of life. While traveling across the sand dunes, we came across a few gigantic, brightly colored, cage-like structures which were seemingly infinitely tall. In the last of these dreams, we were exploring these structures when the character I identified as turned on everybody else and enslaved his partners in this place for the rest of time. These dreams left me in a weird mood for a few weeks after that.

On a more pleasant note, I've had "flying" dreams throughout the years, including one a few days ago. I put quotation marks there since the nature of the flying, which has always been consistent, is a little odd. I start by jumping, and I gain altitude by pushing my arms down while kicking down in a certain way. If I do it well, which is apparently kind of difficult, I get a decent vertical boost; otherwise, I might lose height, gain a little height, or stay at about the same height. Horizontal motion was relatively slow and achieved by just pushing at a slight angle, but I didn't mind that it was slow since I found flying really fun when I was able to get a lot of altitude.

To give an example of a more typical dream, here are some details I recall from the one I had last night. I started at a huge smashfest in a mansion in Norcal the night before a big Melee tourney. The next thing I remember is being on a car ride from Socal to Norcal with some friends, excited about the next big smashfest at the same place. We stop at a big mall in Cencal and I look around a giant book store for something interesting. The next thing I recall is being at a smaller stop with some fast food places in the middle of the night. There were a couple strange people there whom I tried to avoid. I eventually snuck away, at which point I was with a different friend, and we speed off on the freeway, except in place of a car, we are riding a giant pillow. After speeding to 100mph on this pillow and crashing into some walls in the process, we arrive at another stop. A dragon is chasing a little girl and eventually catches her. He starts to distill her into some sort of blue energy which starts to fly into the sky. Realizing I must do something to save the girl, I spot a nearby flying saucer and throw it over the path of energy. Much of the energy hits the saucer, but some of it misses and hits a nearby helicopter. The girl's essence has now been split up into the helicopter and the saucer, with the helicopter possessing most of her intelligence and personality; I manage to convince the two to hook together in a particular way which reunites the parts to an extent, although they aren't completely the same entity yet. I then hack through some 8-bit sprites in a forest to try to fight some beast which will somehow help with the situation. I think the dream ended there.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I don't have dreams that fantastic, or I at least don't remember them, which is a shame because they sound like a blast to experience. I don't recall ever having a flying dream either.

Also, there's a CentCal?!

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
That's a really cool dream Jam, you must miss this girl a lot for you to dream about her so much, I never remember my dreams... Honestly the last one I remember was from the summer in August, strangely whenever I dream its always about a girl, but even stranger is that I dont even know them.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
That's a really cool dream Jam, you must miss this girl a lot for you to dream about her so much, I never remember my dreams... Honestly the last one I remember was from the summer in August, strangely whenever I dream its always about a girl, but even stranger is that I dont even know them.
If you ever meet this girl, what could you possibly say to her that wouldn't just sound like a line?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I had a dream last night that I was a convict living at home (not sure why I was allowed home) and I had to try escaping via a tractor trailer parked in my garage (not sure how it fit or why there was a truck in my garage). I had to find a hiding place inside the truck without getting crushed by boxes being lowered down and every time I failed my dream restarted. My last attempt was when I just ditched the truck and made a run for it. I hid in the woods and when I heard the cops coming, I woke up and I'm assuming they got me.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
If you ever meet this girl, what could you possibly say to her that wouldn't just sound like a line?
I don't even know to be honest. I would be shocked to meet, pun not intended, the girl of my dreams. I would maybe just say hello get to know her, and see if she's anything like from my dreams. I have her name written down somewhere, I know that sounds stalkerish but I remember after I woke up there was a name, I dont remember the dream too well any more, but i know after waking up i had written down a name.

Life

Smash Hero
I rarely recall my dreams, though I do tend to daydream a lot.

The only one I can recall (because I told someone the next day or so--was a discussion about the scariest Doctor Who villains so I thought it was relevant) involved this little salamander creature.

1. It was invisible, except that it glowed a faint blue (or purple, colorblind+dream=confusion)
2. Its bite killed instantly
3. If it died, it would "respawn" somewhere random at midnight

It went around terrorizing people for a while. Eventually a group of scientists trapped it, put it in a stasis in this glass sphere, had some robots walk it deep into a cave, and then sealed the cave.

Then there was a robot revolution. You can imagine the rest.

@alberto There's a TVTropes article for that.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I had a dream that I was George Lopez last night. George Lopez was getting intimate with his wife. It wasn't even pleasurable because any way I look at it, I was George Lopez.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I had a dream that I was George Lopez last night. George Lopez was getting intimate with his wife. It wasn't even pleasurable because any way I look at it, I was George Lopez.
Yea poor you. You had to be a guy who probably doesn't even know what to do with all his money he got for telling jokes in Spanish, and saying stuff like "I can't even do nothing!" with a Mexican accent.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Too bad I wasn't lucid dreaming, I would have yelled WAPPAHHHHHHH

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luckily I write most of my dreams down in an attempt to master lucid dreaming, so I will probably post something here eventually. Although most are fairly personal so they wouldn't make too much sense.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Most of my dreams these days aren't particularly exciting, because they are too realistic.

It's usually me wandering around in environments that feel like composites of places I have been before, talking to a few people I probably know for a few minutes about nothing I can ever remember, and then keep moving along.

Nothing ever happens, no great words are exchanged, no great deeds are performed, just wandering.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
You know if you're about to have sex in a dream but you don't, it means you have sexual frustration, lol, or I think.

Anyways I had a dream when I was four and I still remember it, my mom brought me a sandwich into the room and put it in front of me to it.

There was fuzzy after that and then my mom came back into the room and I said," TADA!" and showed her my sandwich which was all smushed up and made into a mountain XD

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Haha, fair enough muhti.

My brother went through a period of years, being able to control his dreams. He taught the technique to me and I learnt it for a few nights and then couldn't be bothered to go through the technique and started letting my dreams take me where they would.

Even if holder would disagree (:p), I've always wanted to astral project once more... this time i'd know what was happening enough to think "Ey, hey, lets see what China/Spain/Canada/Antarctica/etc. is like!" :D

Jet300

Smash Ace
I rarely remember my dreams at all. But I had this dream last night. I had a dream when I was in the 3rd the day my first dog died right in front my face. I couldn't stand seeing my dog dying in my face in my dreams. So I woke back up. Then I dreamed about something that I couldn't really described at all. It was so random and weird. The only thing I remember from that dream when deadpool came to me and said "wake up." after he said I woke up in the middle of the night.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
You know if you're about to have sex in a dream but you don't, it means you have sexual frustration, lol, or I think.
I disagree, I just think that the plot of the dream has determined that sex will not occur at this point.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think it depends on the dream. Some are deliberately designed so that they reflect your subconscious, others are just... nonsensical and fun/scary/crazy/etc.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Every two months or so I have a nightmare that someone is breaking into the house. Years ago I heard that that is apparently related to feeling like identity is being stolen, or you havea lack of identity. That's interesting because I have actually had identity issues all my life.

I had a dream that gibdos attacked my house and killed my mom and some randomkid who probably meant to be my brother (I'm an only child).

Couldn't play Zelda for like 2 years after that.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
@Luco- I don't really think any dream reflects your subconscious in any particular way, other than "These images float around my mind and have been arranged thusly in my dream." The deepest I ever go into dream interpretation is, "I was thinking about this, and then I dreamt about it." I just think they're fun.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I dunno... I enjoy dreams but at the same time i've seen stuff in my dreams that I think really reflects... me. It's hard to explain but there are just some dreams you come out of thinking "that had a purpose." :ohwell:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My dreams always seem to be either wacky, adventurous, or supernatural. Two nights ago I had a dream me, and One Direction were shroomin' together. Was fun. In the dream I recorded Harry Styles saying "Alex is fokkin awesome!" on my phone while he was tripping so I could prove to all of my friends that I met him. Needless to say I was very sad that the video wasn't real, and that I only made out with one of them the entire time.

Every once in a while though, I'll have a dream where I flap my hands really hard, and I start to fly. Once I get in the air I fly over cityscapes and oceans.. Astral Projection? Maybeh.

I think I'm gonna start a dream journal as well.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I have a lot of dreams, or at least I can remember well when I wake up and I love them. They're not very STRANGE though, they are simply all kinds of (usually) sugarcoated or excentric reflections of my life, or both of them :d. Sometimes there's something thoughtful about it too.

Tonight one of dreams was that I had a 6.6/10 for a course which disappointed me a lot but then my teacher (whom I find a great teacher btw) pointed out to me that it was an 8.6!!!!!! :D :D :D Even though there's nothing special about this dream I got very happy when I woke up and it's a good example of a situation in daily life being projected more positively in my mind.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I had a dream a few years back of me at my house, mainly sunset but the night washed over most of the sunset sky. And there was a meteor shower. And I go to the gas station which 300 ft. from my house, and see all these people just doing the most random acts. I see my first grade teacher playing te guitar ontop of the gas station store and there was more but I don't remember the others. It was a strange yet pleasant dream

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I had a really strange dream last night. I don't even have any idea why it'd be in my subconscious... I played Oblivion a long time ago.... in any case, this dream was definitely set in an Oblivion world (however funny that may seem). In any case, the dream itself was horrific. I dreamt I was part of a force storming in to an oblivion gate. We went in to the tower and there was a battle that ensued. In the midst of it, I was cutting down thi girl that had killed a comrade of mine. I fatally wounded her but didn't actually kill her.

For the rest of the battle, I stayed with her, talking about why were in that situation and how we were on different sides when it didn't seem right.

My side won the battle and my commander came over and noticed she was still alive. He broke it to me that she wasn't gonna live and the last thing I remember was crying as he broke her neck...

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I have lots of dreams. I stopped writing most of them down the last several months since... I don't really know why.

The most recent dream I remember is from a couple days ago. Basically what I remember from it is that I was still back at my old house with my mom. I was still taking care of her, but occasionally during my dream I would have thoughts like "How is she still alive?" and "It's like I have a second chance" and stuff. I know that occasionally I would go off and do other things in the dream, though I can't recall any of those times. I just remember me and one of my friends walking back to my house, I guess we walked to the McDonnald's several blocks down like we used to, and I remember when I came home, the front door was open and I got a really bad feeling, so I hurried on inside and saw my mom just laying down on her side on the couch, facing the back of the couch, and she was asleep and looked like she was having a nightmare, so I knelt down and hugged her and rested my chin on her arm. She woke up kinda startled, and she looked like something had scared her, but realized that it was just a dream. I asked her if she was ok and she nodded, and I told her if she needed anything, I was right there. Then I asked her when the last time she ate was and she started to speak, but then stopped to try to think back and couldn't remember, and she started getting scared because she realized she was near the end, so I just hugged her and told her "It's ok, don't worry." Then I woke up.

I've had a countless number of dreams like that since my mom passed away several months ago. I used to have them about 6 nights a week, now they happen just about once every two weeks, but it's really... a sad feeling waking up from those dreams. And every time those dreams happen, I always wake up as soon as I either save my mom, or help her, or comfort her. It's like my mind is trying so hard to find a way to save my mom, even if it's just in dreams, but then it realizes that she's no longer around and it's futile, and I get so overwhelmed with emotion that I wake up, no matter what time of night it is or whether I'm rested or not.

:059:

ook

Smash Lord
I had a dream my life would be so different from this hell I'm living - so different now from what it seemed. ♫
Now.... life has killed the dream I dreamed.
:cry:

Orange Fox

Smash Cadet
I used to be able to control my dreams to some extent. For example, in a bad dream (because of all the games I played I guess it affected me) I could "pause" the dream like a game and a menu would come up. I could then scroll down to quit game, click yes and then I would automatically wake up.

I have also had quite a few dreams where I knew it was a dream and I could do whatever I wanted to without consequence.... let's just say I had some fun in those dreams

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Had a dream I was back in Japan at the international student center of my old school. I submitted some kind of paperwork and they called my name with the results. It said that I was pending for a new visa. While I was reading through all the documents, the man called me right back over and said that they had received word that I was cleared for a new visa. I was so excited...

Everyone has been asking me lately what I'm going to do after graduation next semester and I was so relieved to tell them that I could go live and work in Japan for a while. I hate when dreams get your hopes up like that >< Though it was the first time in a while I had a dream completely in Japanese lol.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I've had a dream that I was in an apocalyptic city, surrounded by penguins with machine guns. I'm pretty sure I died in that dream.

:phone:

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
I've had a dream that I was in an apocalyptic city, surrounded by penguins with machine guns. I'm pretty sure I died in that dream.

:phone:
I ROFL'd

Orange Fox, those dreams are called lucid dreaming.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Is controlling your dreams lucid? I thought ones where you couldn't wake up or astral projected or things like that were lucid dreaming but I can't remember with controlling the dream. Ahh well. I've had a few dreams like those of my own, knowing I can do what the heck I want. I think i've also 'paused' one or two of my dreams in a similar way, not entirely sure.

The brain is an incredible thing. The connections in reality that are mirrored in our dreams are outstanding things to behold. In this case, being able to 'quit' your dream.

I love this kind of stuff. :grin:

That said, there's been some horrible dreams i've had. Painful dreams are an example. My worst one of them was when I dreamt a monster was tearing in to my stomach. Unbearable. >.<

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Is controlling your dreams lucid? I thought ones where you couldn't wake up or astral projected or things like that were lucid dreaming but I can't remember with controlling the dream. Ahh well. I've had a few dreams like those of my own, knowing I can do what the heck I want. I think i've also 'paused' one or two of my dreams in a similar way, not entirely sure.

The brain is an incredible thing. The connections in reality that are mirrored in our dreams are outstanding things to behold. In this case, being able to 'quit' your dream.

I love this kind of stuff. :grin:

That said, there's been some horrible dreams i've had. Painful dreams are an example. My worst one of them was when I dreamt a monster was tearing in to my stomach. Unbearable. >.<
Control isn't a requirement. As long as you are aware you are dreaming, you are considered lucid.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I had a few dreams last night. In the first, I was back in high school at a rehearsal for our winter band concert. I was late, so I had to rush into the band room to find my clarinet. When I opened the case, all my reeds were chipped so I had to spend another few minutes searching for new reeds. Finally I got my instrument in working order, I ran into the auditorium where the rest of the band was, but they were seated in the audience instead of on stage.

I had two or three other dreams, and I told myself to remember them to write down, but I got out of bed and they faded away.

Orange Fox

Smash Cadet
Yeah I learned about Lucid dreaming in PSychology class.

Last night I had a dream that I had a pet snake. But then I remember I left him in my backpack for two weeks unfed so when i went to get him he was very angry and like super strong. I was fighting him off in this pillowcase and he was overpowering me and it wasn't until I fed him then he was happy again. Then when people started playing music he would slowly slither in a circle then all these other snakes of the same species joined him.. it was very weird not that I explain it.

Top Bottom