• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ~dere Thread; but mostly the tsun (& never the yan) (w/some anime) CHECK 1st POST

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Never heard of it. After a quick wikipedia search, is it like that PSX game where you explore dreams with no combat objective or real goal?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Never heard of it. After a quick wikipedia search, is it like that PSX game where you explore dreams with no combat objective or real goal?
I actually want to play that PS1 game. I actually acquired it... so I guess nothing is stopping me now that I'm on winter break.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just finished Aquarion Evol. You know what I'd give it an 8. The story was pretty predictable but overall it was very entertaining and it felt complete.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
what a movie that steins;gate movie was

kurisu is still my favorite character ever i think
I actually import the limited edition BD release of the Steins;Gate movie, since I promised myself I would if I it has English subs. I couldn't wait and waited the BD rip last Saturday, though. Rewatched it yesterday on the BD when it arrived. As much as I want to give it a 10, it had too many plot points that were left hanging or were glossed over that I couldn't.
And the movie was pretty much a giant fanservice to Kurisu fans, so I can't imagine anyone liking her less if they already liked her before watching the movie. XD
So what's everyone's AOTY/AOTS?
For me, best of the season would go to White Album 2, hands down. If you like romance, drama, music, or any combination of those genres, then you'll most likely like White Album 2. And the best part is that you don't even need to watch the original White Album to watch this (although you'll just get a sense of nostalgia if you have watched the original, as they play songs from the original).
I might even say it's my favorite of 2013, as well, not counting movies.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
So what's everyone's AOTY/AOTS?
Hmm.
AOTS, I'd have to say Kill la Kill. I haven't been pulled in by anime so intensely for a while, I legit watch every episode through without skipping the intro or ending. I've only done that with two other animes before, those being Darker Than Black S1 and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
For AOTY, I'm going to have to go with the Monogatari series. I only really made it AOTY because I started watching the whole series this year, but I've enjoyed all the seasons so far. Although for a standalone anime, I'd choose Toradora, I re-watch one or two episodes every now and then cause I liked it so much.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
white album 2 is clearly best in season, ippo rising is really good, and kill la kill is overrated to hell, it's just bouncy and silly and why am i not just rewatching gurren la gann

also, samurai flamenco

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
My contenders for AOTY (and AOTS for their respective seasons) are:

Kyousougiga
Uchouten Kazoku
Yami Shibai
Attack on Titan
Aku no Hana
Yowamushi Pedal
Kill la Kill

My AOTY pick as of now is actually Yowamushi Pedal. It's been a while since I've had a wide grin throughout the entire episode every episode. The show is SUCH a breath of fresh air.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
JC actually didnt butcher refrain like i thought they would, kurugaya arc at least was much better than the VN equivalent, and while i thought it might be hard for a first-time viewer to get absolutely everything that was going on, the anime did a decent job of recreating one of the most emotional experiences i've had with media of any form

Miharu

Smash Hero
I actually import the limited edition BD release of the Steins;Gate movie, since I promised myself I would if I it has English subs. I couldn't wait and waited the BD rip last Saturday, though. Rewatched it yesterday on the BD when it arrived. As much as I want to give it a 10, it had too many plot points that were left hanging or were glossed over that I couldn't.
And the movie was pretty much a giant fanservice to Kurisu fans, so I can't imagine anyone liking her less if they already liked her before watching the movie. XD
well you got me there about the fanservice part heh

The plot was almost too simplistic and easy to predict at some points (with the R line and everything), and the ending was rather abrupt, as well. Besides, I do kind of like how they had Kurisu experience the process/ordeal of time travel that Okabe went through, that was pretty neat. Almost laughed when she went back in time only to get him killed, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was too enraptured by all the fanservice stuff or whatever I guess LMAO

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I found the part where they killed Okabe to be a lame way to try to add more suspense to the story. It didn't really add much, aside from one way of letting Kurisu experience part of the pain that Okabe felt, and was something that they sort let fly by as an "oh well, whatever" thing without really capitalizing on that plot point.
And yeah, I agree with you on how the plot was a bit on the simplistic side. I also agree that them making Kurisu experience Okabe's pain was neat, as that ultimately led Kurisu to be able to understand him much better and thus their bond strengthened.

PS: Drunken Kurisu is the cutest thing ever! <3

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
AOTS: Kill la Kill

I've underestimated Studio Trigger. It really seems to wow me over and over. I got nothing for this year, but if it's manga, then I choose twgok.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm listening to the ost.

I swear, half of them makes me feel like I'm doing something badass.

ping, pong, circulate. ping, pong, circulate...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What are everyones favorite OSTs?

My favorites are.

1. Guilty Crown
2. Angel Beats
3. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan
4. Aquarion Evol.

I like those 4 a lot.

Kill la kill is a show I don't understand. I hate the art style but I love the show. What is wrong with me

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
In no order:

• Baka to Test
  • Tsuritama
  • FLCL
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Spice and Wolf
  • Shingeki no Kyojin
  • Death Note
I can't remember specific tracks, but Monogatari series has good music, and I recall NGE and TWGOK having good music as well.

There's a lot of standard shows here, but they have nice soundtracks with Spice and Wolf probably being my top with Tsuritama right after it.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
My list probably would look something like this

- Symphogear
- Angelbeats
- Initial D
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun ("Railgun Shoot" and the Fripside tracks specifically)
- Spice and Wolf
- Samurai Champloo

- tons of single tracks (e.g. Katyusha from Girls and Panzer or Moon Signal from Otome Youkai Zakuro)

I haven't actually seen Initial D or Samurai Champloo, but i quite enjoy their music (:

Regarding art-styles and enjoying a show: I don't think enjoying the art is necessary to enjoy a show (e.g. Slayers was still enjoyable despite looking fairly horrid (well, can't be helped, since it's ooold :D), but it definitely helps (e.g. the Nanoha movies wouldn't have been anywhere near as much fun to me if it weren't for colorful, flashy laserbeam fight sequences in HD ;) ), and sometimes even serves to carry a show that I would've dropped otherwise (e.g. I basically just watched Blackrock Shooter for the pretty pictures on my screen).

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
My list with no order:

- Darker Than Black
- Angel Beats
- Baka to Test

Single tracks
- Toradora (specifically the piano track that appears during serious moments)
- Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (the ominous track that plays when Yuki explains something regarding her deity)
I have tons more singles, but I bet everyone does as well.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I forgot to mention one of my favorite tracks is Kaiki's theme (I think it's called "Ominous" in the OSTs).

BTW, Kaiki is totally the best girl of Monogatari Second Season.

Top Bottom